• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 511 of 669.
#25501 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ohhh, you hit one there. I constantly find myself making the that/who error. I've been trying to break myself of it for YEARS, but "that" is the default position in my brain.

Well, eventually grammar rules cede to common-usage. Common-usage never cedes to grammar rules. So someday you will probably end up being correct in using "that".

#25502 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, eventually grammar rules cede to common-usage. Common-usage never cedes to grammar rules. So someday you will probably end up being correct in using "that".

By then we'll have St. God's hospital and the Monday Night Rehabilitation.

#25503 2 years ago

I like South Korea cause there real smart.

PISA-rankings-within-OECD-001 (resized).jpgPISA-rankings-within-OECD-001 (resized).jpg

#25504 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

GL to you in the future. I hope you get the help you need. Adios Benny

Ice no matter how much you brag about your wealth end of the day you fell for the same scam TWICE.

Maybe be a man and deal with it internally instead of taking it out on me? Your dumb bully tactic is embarrassingly obvious. How old are you, 14?

#25505 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ice no matter how much you brag about your wealth end of the day you fell for the same scam TWICE.
Maybe be a man and deal with it internally instead of taking it out on me? Your dumb bully tactic is embarrassingly obvious. How old are you, 14?

If there ever was a good reason to post the Michael Jackson popcorn pic ...

#25506 2 years ago

bens back at the lake... this time for some 'ice' fishing.

ice fishing with ben.jpgice fishing with ben.jpg
#25507 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If there ever was a good reason to post the Michael Jackson popcorn pic ...

Ice is a simpleton bully. He'll just come on, brag about how he doesn't care he was scammed, call me Benny to be derogatory, and then gaslight acting as if he know JPOP was a scam since 2010.

He made dumb choices and trusted a pair of scammers. His ego is bruised. He needs a punching bag. A wife to slap or a dog to kick. He's chosen me. Well I KICK BACK.

#25508 2 years ago

Loserkid pinball podcast - towards the end Joe Kamikow talks about his thoughts on Robert Mueller. He referred to him as an "assclown" I think

Screenshot_20210905-144558_Castbox (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210905-144558_Castbox (resized).jpg

#25509 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ice is a simpleton bully. He'll just come on, brag about how he doesn't care he was scammed, call me Benny to be derogatory, and then gaslight acting as if he know JPOP was a scam since 2010.
He made dumb choices and trusted a pair of scammers. His ego is bruised. He needs a punching bag. A wife to slap or a dog to kick. He's chosen me. Well I KICK BACK.

Ben, why even deal with him.
You are known worldwide, your name searched on Google gives about 35,600,000 results.

Iceman here on the other hand, he only exists on this forum

#25510 2 years ago

There's only one thing to make this all better....

IMG_0975 (resized).jpgIMG_0975 (resized).jpg
#25511 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Yes. There's been a trend to economize language in written form. For example, the younger generations utilize only a single space after each sentence. Doing so is now an "accepted" form. Is it therefore "correct" to do so?
I leave that distinction to the scholars.
Meanwhile, it's refreshing to know that others care about language.
As for other abominations like "their/there/they're" errors, don't get me started.
Incidentally, the period belongs inside your quoted "correct." Such mistakes are upper echelon, though. My beef is with the exceedingly obvious errors.

Has anyone actually read "1984" by George Orwell?

If you have not, double plus ungood.

#25512 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Equally, it's impossible to scroll through a single Pinside page without encountering maddening grammar, punctuation and spelling errors. Typos and stream of consciousness posts are certainly understandable.
However, the most common unforgivable errors seem to be:
1) using "could of" and "would of" which are both nonsensical. The correct phrase is, of course, could HAVE and would HAVE;
2) incorrectly writing "etcetera" as "ect." The correct abbreviation is, of course, "etc." Further, one "etc." suffices. Multiples are redundant;
3) misuse of "your" when "you're" is meant, the latter of which means, of course, "you are." This is clearly the number 1 error;
4) misuse of "it's" to designate the possessive meaning when, of course, "it's" means "it is." To convey possession,
there is NO apostrophe in "its." (e.g. The deeproot company is a failed venture. Its assets have been depleted.)
Perhaps the most disheartening lesson is that these mistakes are repeated by the same folks even after a correction is noted by a fellow Pinsider. The educational collapse (in STEM as well) is evidently just as pervasive in Canada as in America. The western hemisphere is badly losing the global literacy race. It's embarrassing.

All of these are doubly obvious if you know a second language because they are not homonyms in the other language.

#25513 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Equally, it's impossible to scroll through a single Pinside page without encountering maddening grammar, punctuation and spelling errors. Typos and stream of consciousness posts are certainly understandable.
However, the most common unforgivable errors seem to be:
1) using "could of" and "would of" which are both nonsensical. The correct phrase is, of course, could HAVE and would HAVE;
2) incorrectly writing "etcetera" as "ect." The correct abbreviation is, of course, "etc." Further, one "etc." suffices. Multiples are redundant;
3) misuse of "your" when "you're" is meant, the latter of which means, of course, "you are." This is clearly the number 1 error;
4) misuse of "it's" to designate the possessive meaning when, of course, "it's" means "it is." To convey possession,
there is NO apostrophe in "its." (e.g. The deeproot company is a failed venture. Its assets have been depleted.)
Perhaps the most disheartening lesson is that these mistakes are repeated by the same folks even after a correction is noted by a fellow Pinsider. The educational collapse (in STEM as well) is evidently just as pervasive in Canada as in America. The western hemisphere is badly losing the global literacy race. It's embarrassing.

Abbreviating advertisement with ADD. Always bugs me for some odd reason.

#25514 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I wouldn't put too much stock into someone being too lazy to replace a calendar. Parking snooper reported cars in the lot well into this year.

Really? You can’t be serious. Legit business concerns do not have 9 month old calendars hanging on the walls.

Then again, derp poop was never legit, so carry on!

#25515 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Ben, why even deal with him.
You are known worldwide, your name searched on Google gives about 35,600,000 results.
Iceman here on the other hand, he only exists on this forum

Doug (Iceman) is just mad that money can buy him lots of things, but it will never be able buy him a good reputation in the pinball community

#25516 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Ethics in journalism….what a joke. The only time you hear about is when a writer gets caught and is blackballed and it becomes a huge scandal.

This is utter nonsense. There are plenty of legit newspapers staffed by ethical, hard working people that have oversight boards. Of course they report truths that many people would choose to ignore for a variety of reasons. And no, they’re not perfect. But it’s far from a “joke”. Conspiracy theories are a joke.

#25517 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think your #1 is related to the plague of phrases done wrong. I think it's because "could've" SOUNDS like "could of" so they write it how it sounds.
Same thing with people saying something is "mute" when they meant "moot" because they didn't understand the word.

What do you make of people adding letters to words? Ever heard people say “eltse” instead of else? Or “exspecially” instead of especially? The LoserKid podcast guys do this…it’s soooo weird!

#25518 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

IP? Gimme a fucking break. IP is only valuable if it's known to SELL. Slap Scooby-Doo or He-Man on a lunch box and it will sell... Because it has decades of sales behind it.
It doesn't matter how good the animations for Food Truck are or how cute Yukon Yeti is - if the public has no history with it then it's worth ZERO.

Hey Ben what about the "Deeproot Package of Innovations" discussed in this interview at the 5-minute mark. Pure comedic gold.

"It would take 5 years and tens of millions in capital for another manufacturer to catch up with the nearly 200 innovations we are planning at launch, unless they choose to flat-out copy what we are doing."

#25519 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What do you make of people adding letters to words? Ever heard people say “eltse” instead of else? Or “exspecially” instead of especially? The LoserKid podcast guys do this…it’s soooo weird!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"9204b868baca161ca82d8964f45e514e30e27d64-1630855503-1800"};
//]]>

I appreciates it when Squirrelly Dan from Letterkenny does it

#25520 2 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Pure comedic gold.

That was the classic interview where Robert said he'd never work with Gerry @ Multimorphic. I'd still love to know what fueled that comment.

#25521 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That was the classic interview where Robert said he'd never work with Gerry @ Multimorphic. I'd still love to know what fueled that comment.

Gerry could smell the B.S. from a mile away!

#25522 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That was the classic interview where Robert said he'd never work with Gerry @ Multimorphic.

We finally found a prediction from Robert that came true.

#25523 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You forgot there/their/they’re.

Grammar Nazi (resized).jpgGrammar Nazi (resized).jpg
#25524 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Same thing with people saying something is "mute" when they meant "moot" because they didn't understand the word.
Or saying something "jives" instead of "jibes" - again because the word/phrase is misunderstood.
Jives/jibes is so common they're actually twisting dictionaries to add jives as a passable alternative.
Crazy.

Exactly. And they have already indicated that the saying "I could care less" is perfectly acceptable, even though it makes no sense whatsoever (the correct saying is "I couldn't care less").

They also say that both "judgment" and "judgement" are acceptable ways of spelling judgment. Well, "judgement" will never be an acceptable spelling to me! Spell it like that in a legal pleading and get laughed out of court.

Who is it that gets to decide these things anyway?

#25525 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m draining this thread with a $1k donation to project pinball. Send me a PM Jellikit. Need to get the stench washed off of me and get back to goodness

I wanted to confirm that iceman44 held to his word and provided a $1000 donation to the charity today. It is appreciated by the charity to help support our operations. Thanks.

#25526 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I wanted to confirm that iceman44 held to his word and provided a $1000 donation to the charity today. It is appreciated by the charity to help support our operations. Thanks.

Say what you will about ice, he was kind enough to donate $2000 to Team G's JDRF fund raiser a couple of years ago.

#25527 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, that's down to regional dialects spelled out, I think. My wife's from the Midwest, and she has a lot of those kinds of idiosyncrasies. But NOT exspecially. Thank god. That one drives me nuts, too. Irrevalent/irrelevant is one her mom does that makes no sense but you know what she means.

#25528 2 years ago

This thread is now the junk drawer. It started off being a place where you expect to find something specific, only to have it become the place where you throw all your random crap.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#25529 2 years ago

So when Robert goes to prison, will hammer tested have a new meaning for him??

#25530 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Say what you will about ice, he was kind enough to donate $2000 to Team G's JDRF fund raiser a couple of years ago.

I've said this before: I don't place bets on Pinside, but the one bet that I would take every single time is that if Iceman loses a bet, he will pay up. He always has. Including one that he lost to CrazyLevi.

#25531 2 years ago

I still can’t get my head around how Robert blew 40mil and has NOTHING to show for it. Just blows my mind!!!

Would of literally made more money just buying every new game stern sold and reselling it lol

#25532 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I still can’t get my head around how Robert blew 40mil and has NOTHING to show for it. Just blows my mind!!!
Would of literally made more money just buying every new game stern sold and reselling it lol

It’s looney. Any chance it was succeed in pinball at all costs as the low preorder should have ended it all?

#25533 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:Gerry could smell the B.S. from a mile away!

Gerry had a huge amount of class; I doubt he would ever reveal specifically what, but this ^^^ is my bet as well

#25534 2 years ago

I had well respected people in the pinball industry reach out to me to say "do not engage with RM. DO NOT."

I know some of you read this thread and I will be forever grateful!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#25535 2 years ago

Very odd how some people feel the need to leave a signature on each post.

SLAMT1LT
ULTIMATE Pro Pinball

#25536 2 years ago

On the subject of charitable contributions.

There are some people that do so with selfless intentions and some that will even donate anonymously. And then there are those that want to stroke their ego and the act is more self-serving rather than charitable. They get crowd approval and then quietly write it off on their taxes.

I'm always pleased when people give money for whatever reason and writing a check or clicking PayPal is fine. But it's the people who donate their time and effort volunteering for those charities and their community that impress me the most. And when you work shoulder to shoulder with those volunteers, you realise our world just might survive after all.

I was glad to read and I upvoted both comments concerning Iceman's financial donations. And I'm glad he pays off when he loses a wager but isn't that what we all are supposed to do?

I'd like a better display in day to day behaviour than just occasionally splashing money around.

#25537 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There are some people that do so with selfless intentions and some that will even donate anonymously. And then there are those that want to stroke their ego and the act is more self-serving rather than charitable. They get crowd approval and then quietly write it off on their taxes.
I'm always pleased when people give money for whatever reason and writing a check or clicking PayPal is fine. But it's the people who donate their time and effort volunteering for those charities and their community that impress me the most. And when you work shoulder to shoulder with those volunteers, you realise our world just might survive after all.
I was glad to read and I upvoted both comments concerning Iceman's financial donations. And I'm glad he pays off when he loses a wager but isn't that what we all are supposed to do?
I'd like a better display in day to day behaviour than just occasionally splashing money around.

Oh Kim now your stretching!

#25538 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Based on your wonderful comments- which are good - did you have to end with judgment?

Judgement will be up to our creator.

#25539 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Based on your wonderful comments- which are good - did you have to end with judgment?

#25540 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Very odd how some people feel the need to leave a signature on each post.
SLAMT1LT
ULTIMATE Pro Pinball

I have done this since I joined. This was before companies were associated with profiles and we (FAST) intended to share an account for updates.

Now, my friend, I am just keeping a streak alive.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#25541 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You really need to get over the fact that I outed you for posting a fake picture on Pinside. That happened months ago and you still search for the slightest of reasons to attack me.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt your comment you judging me?

#25542 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Oh Kim now your stretching!

CBBDC999-0FC9-4576-938A-5286EF2BC9BB.gifCBBDC999-0FC9-4576-938A-5286EF2BC9BB.gif
#25543 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

If Robert took all 58 million and bought bitcoin in October 2017 at a value of 5k each (approximately when he started deeproot because that's when JPOP was hired), he would have 580 million dollars today. He could have repaid all his investors back their money plus the 7% (4 million) and still have 518 million dollars to play with.

#25544 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You really need to get over the fact that I outed you for posting a fake picture on Pinside. That happened months ago and you still search for the slightest of reasons to attack me.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt your comment you judging me?</blockquote

You get your tattoo yet?

2D811566-AF17-4F81-9BB0-3754C0823CDF (resized).jpeg2D811566-AF17-4F81-9BB0-3754C0823CDF (resized).jpeg
#25545 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If Robert took all 58 million and bought bitcoin in October 2017 at a value of 5k each (approximately when he started deeproot because that's when JPOP was hired), he would have 580 million dollars today. He could have repaid all his investors back their money plus the 7% (4 million) and still have 518 million dollars to play with.

If Robert took all $58MM and invested it in viatical settlements, he could have paid back his investors their 5% or 7% returns and not be facing fraud and potential prison time. Even better!

#25546 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Wasn't it some future Ben Heck pinball machine that would decide our fate? Ben, GIVE US A SIGN!

#25547 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Investing it all in bitcoin would have been reckless. Even HALF would have netted him hundreds of millions. Enough to pay all the investors and maybe even enough to make (and SHIP!) his 100 RAZA games.

#25548 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

and maybe even enough to make (and SHIP!) his 100 RAZA games.

It's clear that this was never going to happen no matter how much money went into it. This wasn't a case of a failure of resources (even though those resources were misappropriated).

#25549 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's clear that this was never going to happen no matter how much money went into it. This wasn't a case of a failure of resources (even though those resources were misappropriated).

This is a case of sarcasm not being funny if you have to explain it, so I won't. I'll just try to do it better next time.

#25550 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

And he would have most likely blown it all and still not have been able to kick RAZA out the door.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 511 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/511?hl=stuieb84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.