Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 506 of 672.
#25251 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The easiest person to scam is somebody who's already been scammed.

Agree Ben.

Those little old ladies must be pretty dumb to be scammed out of their life savings.

#25252 2 years ago

I was referring to the Zidware customers.

#25253 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Sept. 1, 2021 I will be filing my personal & corporate bankruptcy here in Canada. I have about $5 cash until my meager monthly pension check rolls in. Retired from my 6 day a week City job of almost 25 years (NOV. 1 2020). So I receive just over $22k US a year now to support my wife & me. Both of us love to drink a good amount of beer.
I am not the worlds #1 troll here for speaking about JPOP. That guy WILL likely find a job again. He has already done this 4 times since leaving WMS. His games are all right & I enjoy playing them. Along with all the many other pinball machines. No matter what I have to say there is way more experts that seem to know everything & seem to think they are always right! Spoke about Deeproot Pinball enough here. Not the employees fault, & all of Roberts failures. I have no pinball machines now or any personal assets (no car, home, vacation home, & when we do move from my almost poverty apartment everything will go into the dumpster).
It is not very nice to have people threaten your employment & business, personal insults daily here along with joke pictures. I do not do drugs, not insane, etc. Same with the mob lately trying to have me banned here. Got enough abuse from the RGP days.
For those that bought my products in the past 15 years, & the last few still waiting on Seawitch prepaid playfields Thank You! My business this year went into the shitter with Covid & a number of guys wanting color corrections for Star Gazer & Seawitch. When I sold my business to a new group they are obliged to see that the remaining prepaid Seawitch guys get a corrected version. All my contractors & vendors were made whole.
The picture put up from me speaking at Pintastic Show. I speak at many shows & people in the industry know who I am. I have donated stuff over the years to shows, & continue to offer advice to those that ask. So to those people trying to ruin my personal reputation think about that. I try not to insult people & wish them the best. Pinball Is Hard!

This has to be this person messing with us, right?

032FCCBD-41EC-4538-BAAB-9FC58934ED3A (resized).png032FCCBD-41EC-4538-BAAB-9FC58934ED3A (resized).png
#25254 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Is there another imagine that more accurately describes this entire shit show of a thread?
[quoted image]

flibble (resized).jpgflibble (resized).jpg
#25255 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Is there another imagine that more accurately describes this entire shit show of a thread?
[quoted image]

ebfe043bca61779c134062c09a6f3944.gifebfe043bca61779c134062c09a6f3944.gif
#25256 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

F off. Check your pm and call me. Keyboard coward
Keep slandering me buddy
Undoubtedly some of the same people that made the “anonymous threats” to Jeff at TWIP
Let’s go Debbie Downvoters! Line em up. Sign on and let your hate flow. I hope it feels good for you. I love it

As an attorney you should know that Slander is Spoken and libel is written.

#25257 2 years ago

Ice vs. Ben boxing match.... 3 rounds, who ya got? Proceeds going to any cause but RAZA! Maybe to a new "The Pin" Ben & Ice Talk Crap, Holla.

The possibilities are endless:

Steak (TX) and Cheese (WI) multiball
Ice vs. Ben upper playfield deathmatch
$100 bill acceptor that gets you nada, ZERO just like a DR deposit or an interview with RM
Pinbar looping a Kaneda podcast
TWIP mic lock
DR campus lower playfield where you destroy the building
Jpoop porta-potty figure ala Sparky for a massive shit show
Pinpod which will make "The Pin" disappear

This would be ePiC!

#25258 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Not that it sounds like it would be worth it to Jeff to evaluate if there's a bluff to be called and move forward if so, but I wonder if what the blackmailer sent actually represented some inside knowledge and / or potentially damaging info, or if it was just an ominous, baseless threat.
If it's the latter, I can think of someone who might do such a thing (but won't speculate publicly because that would be unfair and it could obviously be any number of people, including persons completely unknown to the pinball community).

If it was via texting or email, harassment via a telecommunication device is a crime in most states....

#25259 2 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

As an attorney you should know that Slander is Spoken and libel is written.

I've heard a phrase before.

All hat and not cattle.

Not sure why that just popped into my head.

#25260 2 years ago

Ice's origin story:

#25261 2 years ago

WTH did I just watch?

#25262 2 years ago

Sept. 1, 2021 I will be filing my personal & corporate bankruptcy here in Canada. I have about $5 cash until my meager monthly pension check rolls in. Retired from my 6 day a week City job of almost 25 years (NOV. 1 2020). So I receive just over $22k US a year now to support my wife & me. Both of us love to drink a good amount of beer.
I am not the worlds #1 troll here for speaking about JPOP. That guy WILL likely find a job again. He has already done this 4 times since leaving WMS. His games are all right & I enjoy playing them. Along with all the many other pinball machines. No matter what I have to say there is way more experts that seem to know everything & seem to think they are always right! Spoke about Deeproot Pinball enough here. Not the employees fault, & all of Roberts failures. I have no pinball machines now or any personal assets (no car, home, vacation home, & when we do move from my almost poverty apartment everything will go into the dumpster).
It is not very nice to have people threaten your employment & business, personal insults daily here along with joke pictures. I do not do drugs, not insane, etc. Same with the mob lately trying to have me banned here. Got enough abuse from the RGP days.
For those that bought my products in the past 15 years, & the last few still waiting on Seawitch prepaid playfields Thank You! My business this year went into the shitter with Covid & a number of guys wanting color corrections for Star Gazer & Seawitch. When I sold my business to a new group they are obliged to see that the remaining prepaid Seawitch guys get a corrected version. All my contractors & vendors were made whole.
The picture put up from me speaking at Pintastic Show. I speak at many shows & people in the industry know who I am. I have donated stuff over the years to shows, & continue to offer advice to those that ask. So to those people trying to ruin my personal reputation think about that. I try not to insult people & wish them the best. Pinball Is Hard!

As somone that is retired/waiting on modest retirement money you should be the most mad here. RM working with JPOP robbed people of their retirement. You had $22K a year, but others will have nothing. Why do you keep defending JPOP?

#25263 2 years ago

Since a couple people asked, you can absolutely dispute fraudulent charges in your credit card 8-9 months later.
I got my $10,700 back, which was nice, but it’s still in investigation mode so DR can attempt to challenge the credit card company. I can’t imagine any argument they can make, since they don’t appear to be a pinball company any more.

#25264 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

F off. Check your pm and call me. Keyboard coward
Keep slandering me buddy
Undoubtedly some of the same people that made the “anonymous threats” to Jeff at TWIP
Let’s go Debbie Downvoters! Line em up. Sign on and let your hate flow. I hope it feels good for you. I love it

Hey ICE, if you want to chat to people on the forum so bad, feel free to PM me, and I'll shoot you my number. I have no idea what we'd talk about though. I was stationed at Fort Hood when I was in the Army, so I guess that's a Texas connection at least!

#25265 2 years ago

We can only guess as to who is harassing Jeff and why. I could actually envision a scenario where the JPOP/deeproot haters might harass or threaten Jeff. Maybe because they felt he had inside information that he didn't share, or maybe because he accepted sponsorships from Robert and deeproot.

Not saying that's what's actually happening, but I think it's certainly possible for the culprit to be on either side of the fence.

#25266 2 years ago

See, ice does have a heart.

Screenshot_20210831-214849_Free Adblocker Browser (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210831-214849_Free Adblocker Browser (resized).jpg

#25267 2 years ago

...... with the aim of trying to be positive about some really terrible events, I think that the situation could have been much worse (from a pinball perspective anyway).

I present the "It could have been worse" scenario for pinball:

* Deeproot actually cobbled together however many pinballs were actually ordered (likely less than 122).
* Deeproot posted photos of production finished games, all lined up to increase confidence for purchasers.
* Those people then received an invoice & paid payment in full for the games.
* then, during transit, the SEC case drops.
* all pinballs are then seized as frozen assets of Deeproot Pinball, because the business was *allegedly* funded by misappropriated money.
* the people who purchased RAZA's join the list as an unsecured creditor for Deeproot Pinball.
* as the 575 fund and other creditors much higher priority on the list, the people who purchased RAZA loose the full pinball purchase price.
* the pinballs are then auctioned off by a liquidator appointed by SEC to recover losses to creditors.

#25268 2 years ago
Quoted from wesman:You called the guy a drunk. Should he be all cheery and sunshine in response?
Speaking of....time for a beer. A better use of time, listening to rain drops, than the back and forth on here.

He has been boasting about his substance abuse for years here on pinside.

You don't get awarded a reputation, you make one for yourself

#25269 2 years ago

Just got caught up on reading this thread and feel like I need a drink.

#25270 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Just got caught up on reading this thread and feel like I need a drink.

I know someone you can join

#25271 2 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

...... with the aim of trying to be positive about some really terrible events, I think that the situation could have been much worse (from a pinball perspective anyway).
* Deeproot actually cobbled together however many pinballs were actually ordered (likely less than 122).
* Deeproot posted photos of production finished games, all lined up to increase confidence for purchasers.
* Those people then received an invoice & paid payment in full for the games.
* then, during transit, the SEC case drops.
* all pinballs are then seized as frozen assets of Deeproot Pinball, because the business was *allegedly* funded by misappropriated money.
* the people who purchased RAZA's join the list as an unsecured creditor for Deeproot Pinball.
* as the 575 fund and other creditors much higher priority on the list, the people who purchased RAZA loose the full pinball purchase price.
* the pinballs are then auctioned off by a liquidator appointed by SEC to recover losses to creditors.

The story does not end like that. All preorder people dispute the charge on their credit card and don't lose a dime, but they still don't get their RAZA unless they pay the insane price at the auction (and the stupid dealer fee).

#25272 2 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

The story does not end like that. All preorder people dispute the charge on their credit card and don't lose a dime, but they still don't get their RAZA unless they pay the insane price at the auction (and the stupid dealer fee).

Is there an auction?

#25273 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#25274 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Is there an auction?

Read the post I'm quoting. We are discussing an alternate universe.

#25275 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Is there an auction?

That post is a pretend scenario illustrating how much worse it could have been. In actuality I don't think anyone believes there are more than a couple prototypes in existence.

Quoted from Stuieb84:

#25276 2 years ago

Wonder where the RAZA prototypes are hiding?

#25277 2 years ago

Man how do y’all sit in here and plobber the same shit day in and day out? Don’t you ever play pinball?

#25278 2 years ago

S
I am not the worlds #1 troll here for speaking about JPOP. That guy WILL likely find a job again.

A little sensitivity about the situation would take you a long way. The problem, here, is that you're cheerleading a guy that's effectively stolen a lot of money from members of the community and, apparently, failed to pay a popular vendor. If you're looking to whip up excitement about the guy's probably return from yet ANOTHER scam situation, you're doing it in the wrong place.

#25279 2 years ago

Love the Red Dwarf reference! I’m currently rewatching the entire Series. One of the greatest comedy shows of all time.

All the best, Duane Dibbley

#25280 2 years ago

No insult intended, but I think GWJ seriously needs help. A single sentence statement would have covered it all “I don’t like what JPOP has done, but understand history will likely repeat itself in some form here”. Wouldn’t haven’t garnered 1/100th of the negatively. Truly feel for the guy, life obviously is not going well. If the beat downs extend back to RGP days you would have thought he would have insight by now into what triggered them. Obviously not. Hope he can find some gainful employment, and maybe in some way stated or not that was what he was hoping others would see out of his postings. I am certain there are still some useful contributions he can make to the industry, but yeah running a business is probably best left to others for his own self-protection. I know that probably sounds condescending. Not intended to be, just my best reflection on likely reality based on what I’ve seen him write thus far. He is not his own best advocate so hopefully can leave it to others that let him do what he does well and can better advocate on his behalf

#25281 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I can't figure out if Jeff is implying the threats are because he talked, or because he didn't talk enough. Or is it purposely vague on that front?

I asked this question sincerely, to no one in particular, and got a PM telling me it was because "he didn’t talk enough. But then you know that already don’t you?" Capped off with "you people piled on him."

I won't dignify the PM with a direct response, just thought I'd share with the class. Also won't say who sent it, "but then you know that already don’t you?"

#25282 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Also won't say who sent it, "but then you know that already don’t you?"

#25283 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I asked this question sincerely, to no one in particular, and got a PM telling me it was because "he didn’t talk enough. But then you know that already don’t you?" Capped off with "you people piled on him."
I won't dignify the PM with a direct response, just thought I'd share with the class. Also won't say who sent it, "but then you know that already don’t you?"

oracle (resized).pngoracle (resized).png
#25284 2 years ago

Deeproot is finally dead except for any assets being sold & IP. I try to say that JPOP will likely find another job doing pinball work. 4 failures & likely the 5th will be his final return. Do not know why that gets so much hatred here, & I feel bad for all his customers, suppliers, people that worked with him at Zidware, & those companies that thought they could move forward with him.

Until we hear more insights from those that really know anything. I will go with JPOP just being another poor designer with some games developed. Do not think he was the mastermind or in control of Robert at Deeproot Pinball. Unfortunately the Deeproot saga is not likely over for years.

#25285 2 years ago

I try to say that JPOP will likely find another job doing pinball work. 4 failures & likely the 5th will be his final return.

If another thief pops up who is stealing millions of dollars, willing to take those millions and invest in a niche industry, enamored with Jpop, and is short-sighted enough not to understand his own cash-flow statements, you might be right.

#25286 2 years ago

Deeproot is finally dead except for any assets being sold & IP. I try to say that JPOP will likely find another job doing pinball work. 4 failures & likely the 5th will be his final return. Do not know why that gets so much hatred here, & I feel bad for all his customers, suppliers, people that worked with him at Zidware, & those companies that thought they could move forward with him.
Until we hear more insights from those that really know anything. I will go with JPOP just being another poor designer with some games developed. Do not think he was the mastermind or in control of Robert at Deeproot Pinball. Unfortunately the Deeproot saga is not likely over for years.

expo is in 2 months. john's zidware page is up, you should send him an email and tell him you want to have a coffee. i guarantee it will only take about 15 minutes to get a different impression of how he is in person.

#25287 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Hey John - disagree with a fair quantity of content you have posted in regards to the generality of this mess, but do wish you luck in retirement. Uphill situation from what you describe - but wish you all the best. Good luck Sir - really.

Seconded.

#25288 2 years ago
holdmytwinkie (resized).jpgholdmytwinkie (resized).jpgscooby (resized).jpgscooby (resized).jpg
#25289 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Wouldn't it make more sense if the threat came from someone who actually put money down in a way that couldn't be charged back and lost it? That would be the kind of person who was negatively impacted by withholding information on Deeproot. Seems weird that the threat would come from someone who was vindicated for their skepticism.

#25290 2 years ago

Made this joke many times. Only way John "fails up" from a $60m Ponzi Scheme is with a government bailout "Too Purple to Fail Act"

ZW games were toxic before DR. Now they are positively radioactive. The "level of stupid" it takes to buy into this grows with each failure. Most rich people are not stupid.

#25291 2 years ago

Deeproot is finally dead except for any assets being sold & IP.

There is no assets, and what IPs?

I try to say that JPOP will likely find another job doing pinball work. 4 failures & likely the 5th will be his final return. Do not know why that gets so much hatred here, & I feel bad for all his customers, suppliers, people that worked with him at Zidware, & those companies that thought they could move forward with him.

Why do you keep saying this over and over again? Why are you so adamant about telling us he will find another job? Do you stay up at night thinking about JPOP and what his next career move is going to be?

I think we know more than enough already.

#25292 2 years ago

I try to say that JPOP will likely find another job doing pinball work

Why? Why do you try to say this 100 times?

He would have been officially over if a criminal hadn’t given him a new playground. Any legit pinball makers are smart enough to know he’s poison. At this point, even any new pinball criminals would be smart enough to stay far away.

Jpop IS NOT QUALIFIED to be employable by anyone making pinball. He’s 100% unhireable. He will not work again. Stop trying to will a job into existence for him. Let him rot like he deserves.

#25293 2 years ago

Find someone who looks at you like Greatwich looks at JPop.

#25294 2 years ago

Both of us love to drink a good amount of beer.

I try to say that JPOP will likely find another job doing pinball work. 4 failures & likely the 5th will be his final return

Hitting it a little early today, eh?

#25295 2 years ago

#25296 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Also won't say who sent it, "but then you know that already don’t you?"

zz200 1.gifzz200 1.gif
#25297 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The "level of stupid" it takes to buy into this grows with each failure. Most rich people are not stupid.

Since we are now on at least THREE "rich" backers (Pintasia, AP, Deep Root) who have bought into this at one point or another after it already spectacularly failed at least once (not talking about all the rich people who actually BOUGHT zidware games, literally; they are up for Mensa nominations as well) I think I may have to beg to differ.

There are tons of dumb rich people. You can literally be born rich and that don't take brains. You can get lucky. You can be a dumb criminal who somehow manages to steal $58 million. You can be "smart" and rich and still do dumb things.

As completely loony tunes as Greatwhich comes off in his daily happy hour posts, there's definitely a kernel of truth in his rants. Wouldn't surprise me at all if some other rich genius bought into it in the future.

rich = smart? Not buying it. Read the posts here daily and you'll put that thinking on Ice

#25298 2 years ago

can we just kick every idiot who bought into this bullshit off the forum please. make the world a better place type deal. the fact that this community has such a high tolerance for complete and utter obvious criminal frauds like deeproot....says a lot.

#25299 2 years ago
#25300 2 years ago

Deeproot is finally dead except for any assets being sold & IP.

IP? Gimme a fucking break. IP is only valuable if it's known to SELL. Slap Scooby-Doo or He-Man on a lunch box and it will sell... Because it has decades of sales behind it.

It doesn't matter how good the animations for Food Truck are or how cute Yukon Yeti is - if the public has no history with it then it's worth ZERO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 506 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/506?hl=emspence and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.