Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 496 of 672.
#24751 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Like I said the kind of thing that Artist do every day.

The only good thing about this back and forth Darscot is having is that he's not constantly reminding everyone he's a top game developer. It does play into his "I know everything" attitude though.

#24752 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Of interest but not anything surprising, these pictures were just taken 40 mins ago and sent to me anonymously.
Make of them what you will.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'll take some of that SMT machinery that "doesn't work..."

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#24753 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Of interest but not anything surprising, these pictures were just taken 40 mins ago and sent to me anonymously.

Looks a little like Ingen Site B...

ingen (resized).jpgingen (resized).jpg
#24754 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool. Can you ask your anonymous source for the original files? Would be good to inspect higher resolution versions of some of them.

#24755 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I like how the right ramp on Theater of Magic is impossible to make consistently due to wonky geometry.
It’s so Jpop!

And here I thought it was just me.

#24756 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Looks like it's been pretty well cleaned out. Not too much of value seems to have been left behind.

I'm only seeing one older pin in the common area, while in the promo image of the facility there were several.

#24757 2 years ago

It looks like it got cleaned out forever ago.

#24758 2 years ago

I like the "Famous Pinball Designers Only" sign in the handicap zone.
- Pics 1 and 2.

#24759 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

JPOP is not gone from pinball. GWJ is proof, and there are many like him, and many more who aren’t on pinside, or don’t post.
This thread is compromised of the same 30-40 people posting the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER.
JPOP will rise again with a fresh set of suckers, and they will even include many of the people who he’s already ripped off.
Not because JPOP is a genius who just needs to be managed. That’s CLEARLY not the case.
Not because JPOP holds the keys to pinball magic. Also, CLEARLY not the case.
Simply because people are idiots, and Pinside has no reach outside of us super hardcore pinheads.
I wish it weren’t so, but people want his magic SO BADLY… even after it’s been shown in a thousand ways that said magic does not exist, or didn’t come from John, or that he’s incapable of performing the trick.
There’s a sucker born every minute, and plenty were born in the 60s and 70s, and now they have cash to burn. Step right up… JPOP has a fresh book of magic matches again!!

Well then we should change this sites name to Ponziside!

#24760 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Damn Kim, maybe I can turn it into a Hotel?

#24761 2 years ago

Looks like good old ice is out of a parking lot job!

#24762 2 years ago

I think the FIRST person to take money for a game not built yet was Gene Cunningham and Big Bang Bar. I remember in 1999 at the Chicago Pinball Expo we sat in his seminar where he explained what he was going to do...and a bunch of us gave him a check for $2400 deposit (half the cost, plus delivery)...it was YEARS later when he was ready to for last payment ($2400 and $300 shipping). He was building them and there were pictures. Overseas got theirs first because of the new regulations on soldered electronics being shipped overseas. What a grand day when my BBB arrived!! I understand he ended up spending $7200 a machine to build them and lost lots of $$$ on every machine, BUT he got his place in the history books. RIP to Gene! Todd Tuckey

#24763 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I wonder why there's a gas can sitting there? Someone planning a little barbecue?

Screenshot_20210828-151937_Firefox.jpgScreenshot_20210828-151937_Firefox.jpg
#24764 2 years ago

What’s up with the can of gas by the trash?

Good thing the parking lot attendant wasn’t there

#24765 2 years ago

I would be interested to see the front door. It didn’t look like the pics had the main entrance. Typically when a landlord seizes the premises for lease default, a notice is attached to the front door.

#24766 2 years ago

I was told RAZA's ran on diesel

#24767 2 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

I would be interested to see the front door. It didn’t look like the pics had the main entrance. Typically when a landlord seizes the premises for lease default, a notice is attached to the front door.

I thought photo 3 was the main entrance.

Those doors appeared to have the contact info & hours covered up.

#24768 2 years ago

What's this weird pattern on the door?

5c75ba6159f6b977946cfd0ba1998e1d5a1c87e2 (resized).jpg5c75ba6159f6b977946cfd0ba1998e1d5a1c87e2 (resized).jpg

Two-person job!

fff497de7f8050759bbfb7cc721792ca027e7b39 (resized).jpgfff497de7f8050759bbfb7cc721792ca027e7b39 (resized).jpg

Let's see some side by side comparisons with previous pics to spot changes other than the removal of all but one of the only working pinball machines from deeproot's "factory"

#24769 2 years ago

Guessing the weird pattern is slapped on to cover up phone numbers or other contact info.

Also, yeah. Looks like games are ready to roll off the line any second!

#24770 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

What's this weird pattern on the door?
[quoted image]
Two-person job!
[quoted image]
Let's see some side by side comparisons with previous pics to spot changes other than the removal of all but one of the only working pinball machines from deeproot's "factory"

Looks like a map of the building.

#24771 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Looks like a map of the building.

Map and where the doors are for delivery

#24772 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Ha! You also gave us SCTV, Neil Young, Bruce Cockburn, Joni Mitchell, Barenaked Ladies, Leonard Cohen and Gordon Lightfoot.
Not bad!

Jim Carrey, Michael J Fox, Wayne Gretzky..

#24773 2 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

I wonder why there's a gas can sitting there? Someone planning a little barbecue?
[quoted image]

Whoever took this photo just saved Robert's insurance company 8 million dollars if the building burns down.

Nice!

#24774 2 years ago

That “ famous pinball designers only” sign looks homemade with a sharpie. Purple pinball machine. Wonder if John made that sign for himself?

#24775 2 years ago

Here's the remainder of them.

thumbnail_IMG_3532 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3532 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3539 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3539 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3541 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3541 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3542 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3542 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3544 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3544 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3546 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3546 (resized).jpg
#24776 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

You also gave us Bryan Adams so we will call it even.

How could you forget Michael Bublehead ?

#24777 2 years ago

Can't wait to hear the insider stories of how it changed from a Fantasy Factory to a nightmare. That must have been quite a ride.

#24778 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Can't wait to hear the insider stories of how it changed from a Fantasy Factory to a nightmare. That must have been quite a ride.

Spoiler alert: It was never a factory of any kind.

#24779 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I thought photo 3 was the main entrance.
Those doors appeared to have the contact info & hours covered up.

Hard to say for sure. That door said no entrance and seemed to show a different spot where there was a “public entrance.”

In retrospect, with a few possible options, the landlord would likely post on all of the entrance doors to cover his bases. The lease may have had other alternative options to serve notice but the front door is usually gets posted.

#24780 2 years ago

It looks like there were actual parts bins and shelving for them in there. Honestly that’s the biggest surprise of all on these photos

#24781 2 years ago

No surprise Robert took the pinball machines and not the gym equipment

#24782 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

It looks like there were actual parts bins and shelving for them in there. Honestly that’s the biggest surprise of all on these photos

They were trying to make the games. They just underestimated all aspects of manufacturing

#24783 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They were trying to make the games. They just underestimated all aspects of manufacturing

And stole 58 million dollars.

#24784 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Looks like good old ice is out of a parking lot job!

If it’s cleaned out now like it looks then it just happened.

Whenever that last update I gave was the place was full of pins in the “break room area” and the back part of the building was full of shelves, parts, boxes etc. office furniture up front

Maybe the landlord confiscated it? If it was Bobby I’m sure the SEC will like to know where those assets ended up. Might be a penny or two on the dollar it still matters as part of the recovery for investors.

#24785 2 years ago

Quad Seating?

29AC33A0-B416-4C75-BB8D-7C35AD526C15 (resized).jpeg29AC33A0-B416-4C75-BB8D-7C35AD526C15 (resized).jpeg
#24786 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Map and where the doors are for delivery

confirmed

weird deeproot map (resized).pngweird deeproot map (resized).png
#24787 2 years ago

Looks like a Zelda dungeon map.

#24789 2 years ago

How many Elliptical machines does a pinball company need?!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#24790 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here's the remainder of them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have the full resolution photos? These are all thumbnails

#24791 2 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

I wonder why there's a gas can sitting there?

gas can (resized).jpggas can (resized).jpg
If I don't get my red Swingline stapler back...

#24792 2 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

[quoted image]

Could be for lawn equipment. Mowers, weed whackers, etc.

#24793 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Could be for lawn equipment. Mowers, weed whackers, etc.

"could be".. the majority if not 100% of corporate buildings like that have landscapers come to do maintenance. I don't know that I've ever seen a corporate building do their own landscaping (not even where I work, and we build the landscaping equipment). And they never take the gas tanks off the trailer, every mower and trimmer gets refueled at the truck.

That is not good that there's a photo of a gas tank just sitting around the back dock like that. Robert better pray nothing happens to that building.

#24794 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

That is not good that there's a photo of a gas tank just sitting around the back dock like that. Robert better pray nothing happens to that building.

He's probably praying something DOES happen... Hence the "arson bait". Remember THIS GUY IS SLIME.

Again. Whoever took this photo just saved an insurance company millions if that ever happens.

#24795 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Do you have the full resolution photos? These are all thumbnails

That's how I got em. Sorry

#24796 2 years ago
77C06D3E-C9C8-44A7-8351-953ECBD5D91E.jpeg77C06D3E-C9C8-44A7-8351-953ECBD5D91E.jpeg
#24797 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's how I got em. Sorry

If you got them through a messaging platform, usually if you go full screen, then you can download the full size image.

#24798 2 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Spoiler alert: It was never a factory of any kind.

A "make work" factory.

I wonder how many days the employees there found themselves doing absolutely nothing?

#24799 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

A "make work" factory.
I wonder how many days the employees there found themselves doing absolutely nothing?

Days. Ha. Think bigger.

#24800 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

"could be".. the majority if not 100% of corporate buildings like that have landscapers come to do maintenance. I don't know that I've ever seen a corporate building do their own landscaping (not even where I work, and we build the landscaping equipment). And they never take the gas tanks off the trailer, every mower and trimmer gets refueled at the truck.

Yes, I'd agree that the big jobs are usually outsourced to landscaping companies. However, the buildings where I've worked always had staff doing minor upkeep/cleanup/trimming between visits.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 496 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/496?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.