Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 494 of 672.
#24651 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Look.
IT IS OVER.
Move along…

Well probably... but have you considered what if someone managed jpop?

#24652 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Ben your nightmare will likely continue along with others that want JPOP to go away. Like I have said he will likely find a new home & drive you crazy! JPOP will need tight supervision, & monitoring for goal milestones going forward. He will be part of a team, & definitely Not A Leader towards pinball production. If anything is wrangled out of Deeproot liquidation, it may or may not be used. The new company will have investors that Know The Risks of investing in a new pinball manufacturing business. No one is going to come out & think they are going to be a major player. I continue to state the new players are looking to start similar to the first days of Spooky to where they are now. There are going to be more players in the marketplace in 2022. Greed will lead to this with prices going up way above the BOM. There is lots of room for a number of companies with fresh ideas.
The new Stern idea of promoting location play with rewards will lead others to do the same. Time to move ahead with more stuff & innovations.

… he types while a crack pipe gently glows as it rests upon a square of crumpled tinfoil…

#24653 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Well probably... but have you considered what if someone managed jpop?

Seeing as though none of the big boys wanted to hang with him prior to this… my answer is no. It’s not going to happen.

#24654 2 years ago

Unfortunately it is not over unless JPOP retires OR drops dead. Many say its all about the story, gameplay, or in the looks of a game.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Pinball/MagicGirl

It will be good when the guys in Europe reveal all they did to make this pin work & play better.

#24655 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Off the top of my head, per the ZW bankruptcy docs:
CT: 225k
AP: 300k
DR: 500k
Yes that's right! Blobert funneled money through the corpse of ZW to become the Top Creditor, and the only Secured Creditor! Meaning he keeps everything and CT and AP get shafted!
Just think greatwichjohn you could be next!

The Zidware/Deeproot arrangement never made legal sense anyway. Deeproot has their problems, but the Zidware bankruptcy is a disaster on its own.

Lawyers will be tearing apart these two intertwined piles of garbage for years. I don’t see how that 500k would hold up, but it doesn’t matter anyway, since there’s nothing of value left.

#24656 2 years ago

Unfortunately it is not over unless JPOP retires OR drops dead. Many say its all about the story, gameplay, or in the looks of a game.
It will be good when the guys in Europe reveal all they did to make this pin work & play better.

Give! It! Up!

#24657 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:I do not like this. Please give the DP staff a break. If Robert was able to smear a great bunch of people out of a lot of money, surely he could maintain some level of trust with the staff. Somebody is paying you a fine salery to create something you want to do and even have a passion for. He is paying to have them create a game. And despite bumps and delays promise that things are rolling ahead.
Why should they stop. Or speak out publicly, breaching the loyalty to their employer.

Ah yes, the “good German” rationalization. Sure, why not.

#24658 2 years ago

Ben your nightmare will likely continue along with others that want JPOP to go away. Like I have said he will likely find a new home & drive you crazy! JPOP will need tight supervision, & monitoring for goal milestones going forward. He will be part of a team, & definitely Not A Leader towards pinball production. If anything is wrangled out of Deeproot liquidation, it may or may not be used. The new company will have investors that Know The Risks of investing in a new pinball manufacturing business. No one is going to come out & think they are going to be a major player. I continue to state the new players are looking to start similar to the first days of Spooky to where they are now. There are going to be more players in the marketplace in 2022. Greed will lead to this with prices going up way above the BOM. There is lots of room for a number of companies with fresh ideas.
The new Stern idea of promoting location play with rewards will lead others to do the same. Time to move ahead with more stuff & innovations.

I sort of felt sorry for you earlier that you thought you were abused (you weren't), but man I'm dumfounded about your continued JPOP comments. It's like a for sale ad of an over priced game where the seller keeps commenting without a clue. It's good enterainment though.

#24659 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I sort of felt sorry for you earlier that you thought you were abused (you weren't), but man I'm dumfounded about your continued JPOP comments. It's like a for sale ad of an over priced game where the seller keeps commenting without a clue. It's good enterainment though.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"a753f5dfc70844c88c8ae232d3ebb2247df0372c-1630116295-1800"};
//]]>

Feels like performance art

#24660 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"9ae004441e92a2b7ea7c10205a96b5568910df97-1630116440-1800"};
//]]>

Pretty sure this guy is related to xxBlackKnightxx

#24661 2 years ago

Ben your nightmare will likely continue along with others that want JPOP to go away. Like I have said he will likely find a new home & drive you crazy! JPOP will need tight supervision, & monitoring for goal milestones going forward. He will be part of a team, & definitely Not A Leader towards pinball production.

F5F7D559-A964-46E2-A519-79CAB787CDF2.gifF5F7D559-A964-46E2-A519-79CAB787CDF2.gif
#24662 2 years ago

Serious question: what value do you think JPop brings to the table?

He’s obviously not a good project manager.
He obviously can’t design a layout.
The only thing of value that he has done is hire a good artist.
Literally anyone could do that.

#24663 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Pretty sure this guy is related to xxBlackKnightxx

No way, that guy had a real distinct style that I bet would be hard for him to modify. Really long posts that could give Johnny a run for his money. xxBlackKnightxx never claimed abuse either that I can recall. He seemed thicker skinned.

#24664 2 years ago

Ben your nightmare will likely continue along with others that want JPOP to go away. Like I have said he will likely find a new home & drive you crazy! JPOP will need tight supervision, & monitoring for goal milestones going forward. He will be part of a........................

John you make great products and I have purchased from you in the past, but please close the laptop, buy a metal detector and spend some time on the beach.

#24665 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm sure someone could link the doc it's over on the Jpoop thread.

He's got a thread? Oh my!

#24666 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

Serious question: what value do you think JPop brings to the table?
He’s obviously not a good project manager.
He obviously can’t design a layout.
The only thing of value that he has done is hire a good artist.
Literally anyone could do that.

Beyond that, over 10 years, he's sold what, 140 unproduced games? Not like the masses are going to line up for the next Jpop venture.

#24667 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

No way, that guy had a real distinct style that I bet would be hard for him to modify. Really long posts that could give Johnny a run for his money. xxBlackKnightxx never claimed abuse either that I can recall. He seemed thicker skinned.

I was thinking more along the lines of a brother

#24668 2 years ago

I don’t know JPop personally, but from what I read on Pinside I get a very “James Halliday“ from “Ready Player One” vibe. Is that about accurate?

995310BF-35B8-44C9-A0C1-640CC1710553 (resized).jpeg995310BF-35B8-44C9-A0C1-640CC1710553 (resized).jpeg
#24669 2 years ago

Got your pin working tonight.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Pinball/CirqusVoltaire

JPOP can have a bad rap, but he is known in the industry & inducted along with others. Another reason many companies continue to hire him. Deeproot was the latest. & unlikely the last.

I enjoy his games except for Star Wars Episode 1. The haters here probably blame him for WMS getting out of the pin & into the slot business.

#24671 2 years ago

John, this statement is you connecting imaginary dots. One has nothing to do with the other.

#24672 2 years ago

JPOP can have a bad rap, but he is known in the industry & inducted along with others. Another reason many companies continue to hire him. Deeproot was the latest. & unlikely the last.
I enjoy his games except for Star Wars Episode 1. The haters here probably blame him for WMS getting out of the pin & into the slot business.

5353E729-38C1-465E-A614-A131283B9564.gif5353E729-38C1-465E-A614-A131283B9564.gif
#24673 2 years ago

with every post, greatwichjohn is rick-rolling you guys. when it comes to JPOP, hes never gonna give him up.

#24674 2 years ago

…..Anyway, here are my dogs trying to take control of this thread again.

Say, would anyone else out there happen to have a pet photo to drown out the greatwich?

56A12A34-D4AB-431D-9626-CC144C171A42 (resized).jpeg56A12A34-D4AB-431D-9626-CC144C171A42 (resized).jpeg
#24675 2 years ago

If RM would have promised some tennis balls these two would have been all in.

IMG_20210725_223359968 (resized).jpgIMG_20210725_223359968 (resized).jpgIMG_20210706_190426035 (resized).jpgIMG_20210706_190426035 (resized).jpg

Edit: They also would have given in with a promise of used kitty litter.

#24676 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

…..Anyway, here are my dogs trying to take control of this thread again.
Say, would anyone else out there happen to have a pet photo to drown out the greatwich?
[quoted image]

No, but we can discuss the SternBar.
Finally I can order me some DP food truck chimichangas from my machine.

#24677 2 years ago

You're advocating for a criminal. Just stop.

#24678 2 years ago

Lionman!

#24679 2 years ago

This thread is crazy, and I can't keep up with it all. Was it earlier in this thread or a different one where Millionaire Matchmaker was mentioned? I'd never watched that show before, but I did find the Bill B episode. I don't know Bill at all, but he seems like a great dude here on Pinside! Heck, he apparently spent (and unfortunately wasted) tons of good money on trying to save the Popadiuk dumpster fire. The MM episode is interesting. Hey Bill, (if you see this post) can you give us some background info on how you ended up on that show? They pretty much made you out to be a "bad guy" in the beginning (even giving you the middle finger), but by the end you were a "good guy"! I've heard that reality shows edit stuff to make it look more dramatic and/or change and fit a certain narrative? Heidi seemed like a great woman.

Here's a link to video: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6rt61l

#24680 2 years ago

The one thing he will finish.

#24681 2 years ago

Ahhh, you got us! You've been pulling our leg all this time and probably laughing your ass off! Good one, it's GOTTA be this, because NOBODY could be that stupid! ....gotta admit...you are good!

#24682 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

PS: Whoever that "millionaire matchmaker" is...she mostly comes across as an arrogant, know-it-all, asshat.

She’s the worst - yet, there’s something compelled me to keep watching it for years lol. I love relationship trash shows. 90-Day Fiancé, anyone?!

#24683 2 years ago

Let's add more nonsense to this thread.

AcclaimedTemptingBluebottlejellyfish-size_restricted.gifAcclaimedTemptingBluebottlejellyfish-size_restricted.gif
#24684 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Let's add more nonsense to this thread.
[quoted image]

Is that supposed to be Bill Clinton?

#24685 2 years ago

Honolulu Magic Girl?

PXL_20210828_045734144 (resized).jpgPXL_20210828_045734144 (resized).jpg
#24686 2 years ago

Nobody liked working with John in the B/W days and it took everyone else to finish his stupid projects. Did he even have one game that made money for the company? Notice how he is one of the only guys to never get a legitimate pinball job at any company that hired any of the old timers? Thats because everyone knew better. The only pinball "jobs" he's had since b/w were either failures of his own making, or failures of startup companies who stupidly didn't realize john's never been good, and they paid the price for it.

Maybe.... MAYBE... someone is that stupid, to try it again, but they will be the biggest failure yet if they do. I'm talking monumental levels of stupid though, with not only all the well documented stories but also concrete evidence that is now readily availible. I highly doubt anyone is that stupid, but you seem to disagree so.....

#24688 2 years ago

JPOP could be managed in the future. You would have to set short term goals & make sure he stays focused. After all the failures he has had since the glory days finishing with the closing of WMS. You would think that he will have to drastically change & take a lower job to move forward. He has some good ideas, along with wacky & poor ones. That is why he has continued dreaming the last 20 years.
There is likely some good that will come out of this failure with Deeproot. Bad to throw people under the bus when you are just hoping for a paying job. Lots of talented people that hopefully we will see what they were working on.
All new starts & even the big players can go under. Pinball Manufacturing is HARD, so is getting good financial backing.

JPOP is just one part of a Design Team, He creates and the rest of the team work to make it reality, I am sure Raza etc could be taken and produced by Stern etc. JPOP has designed World Class Games at Bally Williams he is a great designer, But a Shit Businessman

#24689 2 years ago

EVERYONE. PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP FEEDING THE GREATWICH TROLL!

#24690 2 years ago

My post got pinged by a mod for not being kind to GWJ. I don’t disagree. I was mad. Meanwhile there are folks in here still trying to score a toy on the financial ruin of strangers.

If your stating your hopes as facts and information. Please stop. That’s all I ask. There are a ton of people that have been financially hurt by this situation by these individuals that have been fraudulent. Trying to spin this into a “hey we can still get our machines, follow me!” Is just in bad taste at this point. These designs are tainted….they were paid for by people that were duped out of their savings. Owning a food truck or a goonies should be the last thing on your minds right now. What you think if these ever come they won’t have been brought about by fraud? No.

Tainted.

#24691 2 years ago

Watching the pinball expo panel discussion, it is really odd now after the SEC filing, providing context as to what was going on at the time *allegedly*.

Quotes that didn't age well:

* Steve Bowen "I think this is the best decision I made in my life"

* Robert Mueller "I started up a family of companies with some blessings along the way", "pinball is about collaboration- we don't want to have secrets internally

* Jpop "I drive everybody crazy", "you can't work on a game for 4 years and not finish it"

#24692 2 years ago

JPop may be hard to work with and almost unmanageable, but I have no doubt of the man's passion for pinball and his genius at game design...it looks easy but it's incredibly difficult to come up with new layout ideas in that limited rectangular space.

Try it yourself, jot down on a napkin a layout idea for a even a simple game that's fun to shoot (without copying J.Borg, S.Ritchie, P.Lawlor layout signatures we're all very familiar with). Then consider all the mechanical parts needed to make it work and the complexity of the circuitry and wiring underneath.

In a pinball development team, layout and mechanics is the toughest task of all, that requires the most skill, because it's pretty much set in stone early on. Code can evolve over many years, even decades later new ideas from new coders can be added to a game. As demonstrated here with Terminator 2:

Audio can also be improved, as new technology allows for full audio replacement in pinball games.

But you can't change the shot layout (not in the real physical world of pinball). And you never need to.

If JPop's talent can somehow be controlled and managed, we'd see some great games from him in the future.

It's just rotten luck he was suckered into joining the DeepRoot scam, so soon after his own failed business attempt.

Pinball needs diversity to keep it fresh and interesting.....it needs JPop's crazy ideas.

#24693 2 years ago
ratio3x2_400 (resized).jpgratio3x2_400 (resized).jpg
#24694 2 years ago

Well, you've succeeded in lumping yourself in with JPop. Now I wouldn't touch anything you are involved in either because you clearly make horrible decisions.

#24695 2 years ago

Is greatwichjohn trying to accumulate the most downvotes ever on pinside ? Or is he just being Daffy ?

How could somebody seriously believe the baloney about Jpop rising from the ashes along with imaginary remnants of deeproot ?

Is it all Crazy talk or just Trolling ?

Poll needed. I am having trouble deciding "wich" it is.

#24696 2 years ago

greatwichjohn Is Jpop?

#24697 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

It's just rotten luck he was suckered into joining the DeepRoot scam, so soon after his own failed business attempt.

I think what you meant to say is "so soon after his own scam."

#24698 2 years ago

Deeproot had serious problems from the get go. No production just a few Raza prototypes - how hard & how much time do you really think that took minus the pinbar. Guess blame that all on JPOP being slow, I bet he did not even do those. But like everything we will be mostly taking a guess until the employees come out with the true story. The only one to blame here with taking the money is Robert.

Even though the pinbar was a bad idea from the start. That idea will likely be introduced in other forms into pinball games (Stern looks like the first). Looking back the same with JPOP & Zidware with very bad money management along with other failures in the industry. You have to start manufacturing games from the start & keep going, build your sales from Day1.

JPOP & his games (pre Zidware) are likely no different in sales volume as others. Things may have been different all these years if JPOP had a proper money manager, & someone to guide him along to get goals done. Just think how history might of been different if American Pinball had done thousands of JPOP games, & at this time they were the same or better than JJP.

#24699 2 years ago

Deeproot had serious problems from the get go. No production just a few Raza prototypes - how hard & how much time do you really think that took minus the pinbar. Guess blame that all on JPOP being slow, I bet he did not even do those. But like everything we will be mostly taking a guess until the employees come out with the true story. The only one to blame here with taking the money is Robert.
Even though the pinbar was a bad idea from the start. That idea will likely be introduced in other forms into pinball games (Stern looks like the first). Looking back the same with JPOP & Zidware with very bad money management along with other failures in the industry. You have to start manufacturing games from the start & keep going, build your sales from Day1.
JPOP & his games (pre Zidware) are likely no different in sales volume as others. Things may have been different all these years if JPOP had a proper money manager, & someone to guide him along to get goals done. Just think how history might of been different if American Pinball had done thousands of JPOP games, & at this time they were the same or better than JJP.

RAZA was basically done when deeproot started.

1000% of the delays are due to time spent engineering Roberts dream pinball machine & features.

There’s really not much more to it.

#24700 2 years ago

Jpop hasn't been able to ship a working pinball machine in 22 years. His most recent working pinball machine, star wars: episode 1 is a terrible pinball experience.

Jpop also lied to people & stole their money (see Zidware).....but, by all means though - keep trolling this forum

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 494 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/494 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.