View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 493 of 672.
#24601 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

JPOP could be managed in the future.

Maybe, but who in the right fcking mind would want to!?!

#24602 2 years ago

Well I appreciate the sentiment. I just try really hard not to let people down. I do care greatly for what i do and I also know there's always someone better at everything. The only differentiation I can make is care & effort.

Dwight said I may have something psychological skewed that drives me and Stern is just taking advantage of me lol (He was joking!)

But I'm excited because this is the first weekend I"m taking off in well over a year! Really proud of the team and elated at the (upcoming) game that people will see when it's out there.... but for sanity, I'm going to run away from pinside when the game drops - but only because I'm going to start on the next project

Quoted from Scandell:

I had no idea! What a ride! In pinball, you are the benchmark to which all others are compared. Call me a "fan" and "friend". Hope to meet you sometime.

#24603 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This was J Pops paper craft model of a AIW machine with lots of art by Zombie Yeti[quoted image]

The only crime here is that there are no clear instructions on how I can send jpop thousands of dollars immediately to secure my Alice in Wonderland. I MUST HAVE THIS GAME!!!

#24604 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Well I appreciate the sentiment. I just try really hard not to let people down. I do care greatly for what i do and I also know there's always someone better at everything. The only differentiation I can make is care & effort.
Dwight said I may have something psychological skewed that drives me and Stern is just taking advantage of me lol (He was joking!)
But I'm excited because this is the first weekend I"m taking off in well over a year! Really proud of the team and elated at the (upcoming) game that people will see when it's out there.... but for sanity, I'm going to run away from pinside when the game drops - but only because I'm going to start on the next project
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"7137a455794f71ab8e7b321436d137d76501f280-1630089389-1800"};
//]]>

Hey brother just thought you might enjoy the end wall! Enlarge !

20210220_093934 (resized).jpg20210220_093934 (resized).jpg
#24605 2 years ago

Greatly appreciate it!
Thank you!

Quoted from wcbrandes:

[quoted image]

#24606 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Hey brother just thought you might enjoy the end wall!

Do the drapes match the carpet?

#24607 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

[quoted image]

Gorgeous room.
The carpeting, chairs, the stain glass lamp, the feel is a classic look which I really enjoy. Superb job!

#24608 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

He does have $6,069.79 in deeproot store credit.

I wonder if it makes Ice upset that he can't claim to be the top creditor in yet another pinball scam. You know you're rich when you can claim that! Although for me personally, I'd take a sweet setup like Mr. Brandes has over there, bad ass!

Ps- Jeremy, you fuckin rock dude

#24609 2 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Gorgeous room.
The carpeting, chairs, the stain glass lamp, the feel is a classic look which I really enjoy. Superb job!

Awww much appreciated One of three pinball rooms in the bottom floor! Next will be the Monster/Horror room which will double as a dungeon!

#24610 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Awww much appreciated One of three pinball rooms in the bottom floor! Next will be the Monster/Horror room which will double as a dungeon!

The room dimensions: Pins on each side w/just enough room in-between. Just about perfect.

#24611 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

[quoted image]

HEY are those all JPOP prints

#24612 2 years ago

#24613 2 years ago

Jeremy, you should come down to the Cointaker cookout this year. I see Borg is already going, would love to see an artist there(in addition to Franchi).

#24614 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

HEY are those all JPOP prints

They may or may not have come from Zidware Chicago! As it turns out they were the only thing of value that may or may not have come out of there!

#24615 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Burn it with fire!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"d831d59fd895198e0ef19e32f306186369434b7a-1630094839-1800"};
//]]>

Seriously - I HOPE that if Deeproot Pinball is in fact dead (as all signs here do point directionaly towards) that people let these projects die. Please? ...too many people were scammed over the years on these projects.
Not to be selfish, but the mental drain of seeing art I did dating back to 2011 - remembering the process and lack of process - just brings back the stress of what it was like working for so long (an uphill battle along the way I might add) and finding out that it was all a sham. - Sure, good came of it for me in the end thanks to Stern - but it was in part because I worked hard and continue to work hard (and meet deadlines)...
In fact, my personal (and perhaps too compassionate) stance at the moment is that if John ever wants to reenter pinball I would hope he would start a new project that wasn't built on the disappointment and financial loss of these projects... but obviously this is just my opinion as I do have some baggage here

Jeremy,
Know that your AIW art does bestow much enjoyment to visitors of my humble basement gameroom. It's the very first art item at the entrance. First and last thing seen by every guest.

20201002_160112 (resized).jpg20201002_160112 (resized).jpg20201002_160315 (resized).jpg20201002_160315 (resized).jpg20201002_160346 (resized).jpg20201002_160346 (resized).jpg
#24616 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Off the top of my head, per the ZW bankruptcy docs:
CT: 225k
AP: 300k
DR: 500k
Yes that's right! Blobert funneled money through the corpse of ZW to become the Top Creditor, and the only Secured Creditor! Meaning he keeps everything and CT and AP get shafted!
Just think greatwichjohn you could be next!

Don't forget Pintasia lost a ton of money also. But maybe that was separate from the bankruptcy.

#24617 2 years ago

The docs listed all creditors to ZW. Those were the 3 biggest, lots of smaller stuff including the customers.

I'm sure someone could link the doc it's over on the Jpoop thread.

Wonder what the AP credit was for?

#24618 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Not to be selfish, but the mental drain of seeing art I did dating back to 2011 - remembering the process and lack of process - just brings back the stress of what it was like working for so long (an uphill battle along the way I might add) and finding out that it was all a sham.

Speaking of shams, how dare you take credit for JPop's amazing artwork!!

#24621 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Well now his (drunken?) rage appears to be directed toward Robert. Is that a first, or has iceman trained his powered up rage beam on the perpetuators of scams rather than the identifiers of them in the past?

Definitely a 180 turn of events.

#24622 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The only crime here is that there are no clear instructions on how I can send jpop thousands of dollars immediately to secure my Alice in Wonderland. I MUST HAVE THIS GAME!!!

Take your money throw it in a toilet and flush...it’ll get to him.

#24623 2 years ago

…Need to go over to “The Next Stern Pin” forum….people love Sterns version of the pinbar not! Maybe I can put my bar order into the game!

Quoted from zombieyeti:

I get all of people's concerns here - but temper them. I know George was focused on creating added value for buyers first and foremost - not added costs.
I've never seen or heard of 'always online' check ins, activation fees or gas-station advertising

I bet always online is coming…down the road…

047ACBC7-7110-4761-9F01-7B2C875EF758 (resized).png047ACBC7-7110-4761-9F01-7B2C875EF758 (resized).pngA8EC3911-3096-47CF-9594-F07CFC20F047 (resized).pngA8EC3911-3096-47CF-9594-F07CFC20F047 (resized).png
#24624 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn, “former pinball entrepreneur?”
That’s gotta sting!

Nope. I bet it pumps him up.

He never was a pinball entrepreneur, he was a boss of a company that produced nothing.

Saying he was in the past would mean ( at least in his head) he was somebody important in pinball.

He wasn't. He isn't.

Just your run of the mill snake oil salesman.

#24625 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:Next will be the Monster/Horror room which will double as a dungeon!

“Pinball Sex Dungeon” sounds like a way more fun title and/or experience than “Pussycat Bowling”!

#24626 2 years ago

Yes JPOP can still be managed, & will likely move on to more pinball work. He should be a freelance pinball dreamer, & designer. But that is all, he needs a team to get games built.
People know what you need to have production to actually get games out the door. Have good relations with parts vendors, & contractors that do the bulk of a real build. That was the problem with Deeproot, no production in place & piss off most in that parts side of the business. The first thing you would do from day one is find a local cabinet or woodworking shop to build your cabinets & do your playfield manufacturing. Pay your vendors & staff properly!

Jpop is a tainted brand, that no manufacturer wants to be associated with. What next, should John Trudeau be given another chance too, so that he can design games from his prison cell?

#24627 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This was J Pops paper craft model of a AIW machine with lots of art by Zombie Yeti[quoted image]

The thing that irks the hell out of me is how ass backwards it is to design a game art-first. Layout first is the only way to get a fun playable game manufactured. Why do you think stern makes every game as a white wood? Because development of literally everything else has to happen before art does. Games are going to be tweaked based on parts availability, play testing, rules, etc. sure, a game needs good art to market and sell, and draw the player into the experience. But there has to be a game to sell, otherwise you are just putting lipstick on a pig.

The fact that JPOP was always making art the focus, and not the ability to manufacture games, means he was all marketing and no substance. Selling first, everything else, fuck it. Sounds scammy to me

#24628 2 years ago

That is not shown with JPOP & Ben. John is showing how stuff is put on paper on that foamboard or test board. Art does sell, we have seen that with JPOP dreams brought to life with great artists. Along with others to get a few games made. He definitely needs serious management & help to get anything done.

#24629 2 years ago

That is not shown with JPOP & Ben. John is showing how stuff is put on paper on that foamboard or test board. Art does sell, we have seen that with JPOP dreams brought to life with great artists. Along with others to get a few games made. He definitely needs serious management & help to get anything done.

John just needs to be totally forgotten by the pinball community. That's all he deserves.

#24630 2 years ago

John is showing how stuff is put on paper on that foamboard or test board

Right, but a foam mockup isn't meant to have artwork either (at least not to that detail). It's purpose is to quickly try a layout, see how it shoots, then makes changes. If you want to scribble some very rough art as placeholders that's fine but you can see how many hours went into that art. Even beyond that, he also did clean detailed art on whitewoods before the layout was finalized. Just ask zombieyeti how many times he revised artwork for John.

#24631 2 years ago

I just fired my Cirqus Voltaire....and it doesn't work! EFFFFF YYYOOOOOOUUUU, JPOP!!!!!!!!!

#24632 2 years ago

You are absolutely right ! We are all just being too hard on JPOP and his immense talent. He’s just misunderstood because of being such a creative genius. He just needs a new handler and great things will happen.

In fact you know what ? I think that you shouldn’t waste any more time on this forum topic. You need to be the one to rehabilitate his image. Go and form the JPOP appreciation, donation, and fan club Facebook page. Make a Go Fund me on his behalf. And please don’t ever bother coming back. We won’t mind. We know you have great things to achieve helping support his brilliance. And if you take some of the Go Fund me donations and spend them on beer for yourself I’m sure JPOP won’t mind. Because he will know great minds think alike.

#24633 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Right, but a foam mockup isn't meant to have artwork either (at least not to that detail). It's purpose is to quickly try a layout, see how it shoots, then makes changes. If you want to scribble some very rough art as placeholders that's fine but you can see how many hours went into that art. Even beyond that, he also did clean detailed art on whitewoods before the layout was finalized. Just ask zombieyeti how many times he revised artwork for John.

27B6054D-F8B6-4D2F-8C97-CF2A2AC9113B (resized).jpeg27B6054D-F8B6-4D2F-8C97-CF2A2AC9113B (resized).jpeg
#24634 2 years ago

Dude, you’re not supposed to drink the bong water.

#24635 2 years ago

After his sentence Robert can start a career as motivational speaker, he can be the next Tony Robbins, his deck is very inspiring: https://deeprootfunds.com/downloads/Nobody_Cares_about_a_Nobody.pdf

#24636 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Do the drapes match the carpet?

The carpet really tied the room together man.

#24637 2 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

motivational speaker

In prison

#24638 2 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

After his sentence Robert can start a career as motivational speaker, he can be the next Tony Robbins, his deck is very inspiring: https://deeprootfunds.com/downloads/Nobody_Cares_about_a_Nobody.pdf

cagedwisdom (resized).jpegcagedwisdom (resized).jpeg
#24639 2 years ago

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Aliceman remarked.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Heckire Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

"How do you know I’m mad?" said Aliceman.

"You must be," said the Heckire Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come into this thread.”

#24640 2 years ago

I am beginning to believe that you are just trolling.

There are many parties who firmly believed that all JPOP needed was managing. How did that work out?

As someone who spent way too much time trying to get John on track, I can tell you, from first hand experience, that the guy is a waste of time.

I hope for your sake that you are trolling. That would be kinda funny. If not, it just makes me sad knowing that there are probably still people out there that are going to be suckered by John.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#24641 2 years ago

Reliving my childhood with magic markers
See below

#24642 2 years ago

2048 just called .Said no need to worry the DR thread is still going strong .

#24643 2 years ago

John isn't some amazing old house that can be restored to its former glory.

He's a smoldering pile of boards laying in the ruins of the basement, in a part of town nobody wants to live in.

Nobody with any sense will hire him, and new companies without a clue (like AP) will get burned if they do. Period. There is no other outcome.

See Ice? These are the kinds of "embers of hope" that need snuffing out. JPOP IS DONE.

#24644 2 years ago

Nobody expects the SEC inquisition!

ZzzSpanish Inq (resized).pngZzzSpanish Inq (resized).png
#24645 2 years ago

Ben your nightmare will likely continue along with others that want JPOP to go away. Like I have said he will likely find a new home & drive you crazy! JPOP will need tight supervision, & monitoring for goal milestones going forward. He will be part of a team, & definitely Not A Leader towards pinball production. If anything is wrangled out of Deeproot liquidation, it may or may not be used. The new company will have investors that Know The Risks of investing in a new pinball manufacturing business. No one is going to come out & think they are going to be a major player. I continue to state the new players are looking to start similar to the first days of Spooky to where they are now. There are going to be more players in the marketplace in 2022. Greed will lead to this with prices going up way above the BOM. There is lots of room for a number of companies with fresh ideas.
The new Stern idea of promoting location play with rewards will lead others to do the same. Time to move ahead with more stuff & innovations.

#24646 2 years ago

How many times has this been said and how many times as he gotten "back in the game" (so to speak)?

With pinball growing there are more and more people out there that don't know the history of JPOP that can fall victim to him. Hell how many in the hobby fell victim to him with DR knowing his history???

#24647 2 years ago

There are going to be more players in the marketplace in 2022.

You're doing a great job, if you are trying to convince those folks that hiring you would be a huge mistake.

#24648 2 years ago

he will likely find a new home & drive you crazy! JPOP will need tight supervision, & monitoring for goal milestones going forward. He will be part of a team, & definitely Not A Leader towards pinball production

I can't wait to find out what company hires him, so I can send them daily emails.. WHY DID YOU HIRE JPOP?! FILE BANKRUPTCY RIGHT NOW!! YOU FOOLS!

#24649 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

How many times has this been said and how many times as he gotten "back in the game" (so to speak)?
With pinball growing there are more and more people out there that don't know the history of JPOP that can fall victim to him. Hell how many in the hobby fell victim to him with DR knowing his history???

Since it happened to several people on Pinside where EVERYONE on here already knew the history, it's only safe to assume there are plenty of new victims to be had.

#24650 2 years ago

Yes JPOP can still be managed, & will likely move on to more pinball work. He should be a freelance pinball dreamer, & designer. But that is all, he needs a team to get games built.
People know what you need to have production to actually get games out the door. Have good relations with parts vendors, & contractors that do the bulk of a real build. That was the problem with Deeproot, no production in place & piss off most in that parts side of the business. The first thing you would do from day one is find a local cabinet or woodworking shop to build your cabinets & do your playfield manufacturing. Pay your vendors & staff properly!

Look.

IT IS OVER.

Move along…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 493 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/493?hl=alex_m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.