• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 492 of 669.
#24551 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

We pointed it out above. It's obvious whoever drew this AIW playfield mockup...traced over the J Scott Campbell drawing from above.

Wait, then who copied whom? When was the image on the left created? That playfield mockup is at least seven, maybe eight years old.

#24552 2 years ago

So you are not allowed to copy art in a sketch? Its a sketch, is it for sale? He saw something and thought that looks great I want it to look like that and sketched it into what is clearly a very early prototype. Artist do this every day and it is completely normal. Girl bent over with boobs is an original work these days?

#24553 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

So wait - was there an actual legal issue about RAZA and then the SEC suit came out of nowhere? Robert was deposed by the SEC recently - surely he knew something was up?

Rm never said it was a Raza related legal issue.

#24554 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

We pointed it out above. It's obvious whoever drew this AIW playfield mockup...traced over the J Scott Campbell drawing from above.

Ahh...sorry, just saw the post above mine about J. S. Campbell.

#24555 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

So you are not allowed to copy art in a sketch? Its a sketch, is it for sale? He saw something and thought that looks great I want it to look like that and sketched into what is clearly a very early prototype. Artist do this every day and it is completely normal. Girl bent over with boobs is an original work these days?

Hey I get that. It's a mockup. If one is going to release an image online...there are methods to represent your concept work with transparency. It's not the actions of a professional.

#24556 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Hey I get that. It's a mockup. If one is going to release an image online...there are methods to represent your concept work with transparency. It's not the actions of a professional.

The artist you said is the creator was born decades after this pose was painted on every plane and bomb in the War. He copied it himself, that is how art works. The guy that painted it on the plane copied it off the tattoo on his buddies arm.

P.S. What professional artist would actually need to trace that to replicate it, they could reproduce this as easily as Larnel Lewis did Enter Sandman. If you don't get the reference google it.

#24557 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

So wait - was there an actual legal issue about RAZA and then the SEC suit came out of nowhere? Robert was deposed by the SEC recently - surely he knew something was up?

Educated guess: No (though I suppose more legal problems related to Robert wouldn't be a surprise). That was just the messaging Robert shared with those who placed orders to explain away his silence prompted by the minor kerfuffle of being accused by the SEC of running a $58m fraud.

#24558 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

It seems that the "RAZA" legal issue was actually the SEC getting after him in a big way. At least that is what everyone is going with until we hear yet more legal drama related to a theme very few seem to actually desire.

#24559 2 years ago

That AIW has nothing to do with JPop or deeproot.

It was a homebrewer’s concept of an AIW layout. Nothing for commercial sale or anything like that. Those guys later made Wrath of Olympus and Valhalla. (Presumably no traced over art in the small handful of those games they actually built)

#24560 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The artist you said is the creator was born decades after this pose was painted on every plane and bomb in the War. He copied it himself, that is how art works. The guy that painted it on the plane copied it off the tattoo on his buddies arm.

I'm glad you're hear to tell me how art works. Couldn't do this without you.

#24561 2 years ago

Guys I’ve missed a couple hundred posts. Is Ice creating a pinball company with Greatwichjohn to give Jpop a chance to be managed into creating new games?

#24562 2 years ago

This was J Pops paper craft model of a AIW machine with lots of art by Zombie Yeti

D20F0B05-A5D6-43FF-9E73-242EB2C5C0F3 (resized).jpegD20F0B05-A5D6-43FF-9E73-242EB2C5C0F3 (resized).jpeg
#24563 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I'm glad you're hear to tell me how art works. Couldn't do this without you.

Sorry but its pretty funny when you calling people thieves/pieces of shit for copying this and you think this is an original work of a guy born in 73.

#24564 2 years ago

And while we’re talking about it, I don’t know who started the gothic horror version of Alice in Wonderland but American McGee helped popularize it with his fun-to-look-at-not-to-play series of games

F36010F3-BFAD-4FB0-9B24-A16A3ACFE428 (resized).pngF36010F3-BFAD-4FB0-9B24-A16A3ACFE428 (resized).png

#24565 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Sorry but its pretty funny when you calling people thieves/pieces of shit for copying this and you think this is an original work of a guy born in 73.

Well...if you really want to get into it. I've seen this EXACT alternate composition from J Scott Campbell with the Mad Hatter standing in front of Alice. It's in one of his sketchbooks. It's NOT just the sexy girl pose. It's the entire design. Go back to your sofa.

#24566 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Well...if you really want to get into it. I've this this EXACT alternate composition from J Scott Campbell with the Mad Hatter standing in front of Alice. It's in one of his sketchbooks. It's NOT just the sexy girl pose. It's the entire design. Go back to your sofa.

Yeah an no one had ever done that style of a pin up girl Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter. The whole thing is an homage to other artists. Like I said the kind of thing that Artist do every day. If the guy that did the sketch is a thief and piece of shit the artist you quoted is also a thief and piece of shit. People have been doing stylized Alice in Wonderland since they commissioned an artist for the book cover.

#24567 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Yeah an no one had ever done that style of a pin up girl Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter. The whole thing is an homage to other artists. Like I said the kind of thing that Artist do every day. If the guy that did the sketch is a thieve and piece of shit the artist you quoted is also a thief and piece of shit. People have been doing stylized Alice in Wonderland since they commissioned an artist for the book cover.

Again, glad you're here to tell us what "artists" do every day.

#24568 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Is that Gen-13 and/or Jim Lee art?

I’ll tell you this, the concept of might’ve been copied by J. Scott Campbell, but he can draw. He’s up there with Zombie Yeti.

https://jscottcampbell.com/products/the-ruff-stuff-sketchbooks

#24569 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This was J Pops paper craft model of a AIW machine with lots of art by Zombie Yeti[quoted image]

Burn it with fire!

Seriously - I HOPE that if Deeproot Pinball is in fact dead (as all signs here do point directionaly towards) that people let these projects die. Please? ...too many people were scammed over the years on these projects.

Not to be selfish, but the mental drain of seeing art I did dating back to 2011 - remembering the process and lack of process - just brings back the stress of what it was like working for so long (an uphill battle along the way I might add) and finding out that it was all a sham. - Sure, good came of it for me in the end thanks to Stern - but it was in part because I worked hard and continue to work hard (and meet deadlines)...

In fact, my personal (and perhaps too compassionate) stance at the moment is that if John ever wants to reenter pinball I would hope he would start a new project that wasn't built on the disappointment and financial loss of these projects... but obviously this is just my opinion as I do have some baggage here

#24570 2 years ago

Zombie yeti would definitely admit to concede to JSC.

5E9B5EA1-59F7-4547-BE41-D457A91874CF (resized).jpeg5E9B5EA1-59F7-4547-BE41-D457A91874CF (resized).jpeg
#24571 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Again, glad you're here to tell us what "artists" do every day.

Yeah no artist ever takes inspiration from other artist work, especially things that have been part of pop culture since the 1800's. Taking inspiration for a sketch does not make you a thief and a piece of shit.

JodyG I can accept that.

#24572 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:Yeah no artist ever takes inspiration from other artist work, especially things that have been part of pop culture since the 1800's. Taking inspiration for a sketch does not make you a thief and a piece of shit.

Enough already...you are a broken record.

#24573 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Yeah no artist ever takes inspiration from other artist work, especially things that have been part of pop culture since the 1800's. Taking inspiration for a sketch does not make you a thief and a piece of shit.

Tracing...even bad tracing like this is not "taking inspiration". Did you or your brother or cousin draw this or something? This is the Pooed Deep thread...everybody has been called a POS in here.

#24574 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ice maybe you should be sending drunken DMs to greatwichjohn instead of me?

Its crazy, right? One time he spammed my email with about 15 independent messages, all sent within 10 minutes and all of them raging. Later I saw other people posting about having the same experience.

#24575 2 years ago

J. Scott Campbell is in another league - but thanks for that lol - SIde note - he & I have spoken a number of times and he's a huge pinball fan! Super good guy too. I'll leave it at that

Quoted from fuseholder:

I’ll tell you this, the concept of might’ve been copied by J. Scott Campbell, but he can draw. He’s up there with Zombie Yeti.
https://jscottcampbell.com/products/the-ruff-stuff-sketchbooks

#24576 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

And while we’re talking about it, I don’t know who started the gothic horror version of Alice in Wonderland but American McGee helped popularize it with his fun-to-look-at-not-to-play series of games
[quoted image]

I loved (to look at) this game!

#24577 2 years ago

J campbell scott is the gen-13 guy, thats why it looked so familiar to me

#24578 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Its crazy, right? One time he spammed my email with about 15 independent messages all sent within 10 minutes and all of them raging with anger. Later I saw other people posting about having the same experience.

Well now his (drunken?) rage appears to be directed toward Robert. Is that a first, or has iceman trained his powered up rage beam on the perpetuators of scams rather than the identifiers of them in the past?

#24579 2 years ago

I just love it that the shot lines were drawn on first and the artwork was incorporated into the designed.

#24580 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Well now his (drunken?) rage appears to be directed toward Robert. Is that a first, or has iceman trained his powered up rage beam on the perpetuators of scams rather than the identifiers of them in the past?

I don't think he's angry at anybody. He's just enjoying the adrenaline-soaked thrill ride that is throwing tens of thousands of dollars away on a pinball scam. YEEEEEEHAAAAAWWWW!!!

Few can afford the thrills. It's a rich thing, you paupers wouldn't understand.

#24581 2 years ago

I've seen him go down a list of Pinsiders in a single thread and indiscriminately rip them all in a short span of time. Its kind of remarkable to see.

#24582 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think he's angry at anybody. He's just enjoying the adrenaline-soaked thrill ride that is throwing tens of thousands of dollars away on a pinball scam. YEEEEEEHAAAAAWWWW!!!
Few can afford the thrills. It's a rich thing, you paupers wouldn't understand.

He does have $6,069.79 in deeproot store credit.

#24583 2 years ago

Does anybody know if Jpop, Bowden, Barry O or any others still going in to work? I wonder if Robert is still surrounding himself in a security blanket.

#24584 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Does anybody know if Jpop, Bowden, Barry O or any others still going in to work? I wonder if Robert is still surrounding himself in a security blanket.

"into work"? The Texas location is no longer in operation. ALL employees furloughed.

#24585 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I wonder if Robert is still surrounding himself in a security blanket.

I'd be more curious if he's still in the country...

#24586 2 years ago

I absolutely do!

My only conceit is that it is ever so slightly apples & oranges - his focus is layout, drawing (and ink if he has time) - I divvy up between layout, drawing, inking, & color which means I often have to make concessions in one area and make up for it in another due to time and complexity on pinball projects.

I end up a jack of all trades - master of none If my ocd would allow me to farm out portions I would - and some day I want to so I can focus more upfront.

But yeah - J Scott is masterclass!

Quoted from Scandell:

Zombie yeti would definitely admit to concede to JSC. [quoted image]

#24587 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This was J Pops paper craft model of a AIW machine with lots of art by Zombie Yeti[quoted image]

It's amazing how outdated that looks like now. The screen at the back of the playfield that will inevitably get blocked by toys on the playfield until you can barely see it (like what happened with his houdini layout). There's a reason why displays go in the lower portion of the backbox but it sure seems like John prefers aesthetics over function.

#24588 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

"into work"? The Texas location is no longer in operation. ALL employees furloughed.

Anything public to point to on that?

I'd love to see if the furloughing lines up perfectly (or perhaps imperfectly?) with the job retention requirements of PPP loans.

#24589 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'd be more curious if he's still in the country...

...or on Earth. Anyone check Kolob?

#24590 2 years ago

Should be like a Game of Thrones episode.

CoinTaker and zombieyeti each get to light one RAZA prototype on fire and the rest of us hold down Ice and force him to watch them burn.

#24591 2 years ago

Lol - well, I'd gladly give mine to CoinTaker and I'd buy him some matches He took the biggest hit pre-deeproot I'm pretty sure!

Quoted from benheck:

Should be like a Game of Thrones episode.
CoinTaker and zombieyeti each get to light one RAZA prototype on fire and the rest of us hold down Ice and force him to watch them burn.

#24592 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I absolutely do!
My only conceit is that it is ever so slightly apples & oranges - his focus is layout, drawing (and ink if he has time) - I divvy up between layout, drawing, inking, & color which means I often have to make concessions in one area and make up for it in another due to time and complexity on pinball projects.
I end up a jack of all trades - master of none If my ocd would allow me to farm out portions I would - and some day I want to so I can focus more upfront.
But yeah - J Scott is masterclass!

Exactly. I hope I didn’t come across badly. But what you said is what I meant. JSC has chased a visual design craft to its obsessive completion. He slayed the specific dragon he was determined to slay. You are attacking multiple at once!

#24593 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Lol - well, I'd gladly give mine to CoinTaker and I'd buy him some matches He took the biggest hit pre-deeproot I'm pretty sure!

Off the top of my head, per the ZW bankruptcy docs:

CT: 225k
AP: 300k
DR: 500k

Yes that's right! Blobert funneled money through the corpse of ZW to become the Top Creditor, and the only Secured Creditor! Meaning he keeps everything and CT and AP get shafted!

Just think greatwichjohn you could be next!

#24594 2 years ago

Anything public to point to on that?
I'd love to see if the furloughing lines up perfectly (or perhaps imperfectly?) with the job retention requirements of PPP loans.

From what I have heard. Robert was most likely legally advised to stop spending a single dime on this until this legal issue is resolved. This is the first time in the history of Deeproot that he has also stopped providing health care. Which means…spending freeze.

Total speculation and I know nothing. But I know more than most of you “POS”. (This is a joke)

#24595 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Yes JPOP can still be managed, & will likely move on to more pinball work.

If serious, I'm a little concerned for you.

If trolling, you've been doing a fantastic job!

#24596 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Which means…spending freeze.

I'm guessing this is more than a voluntary freeze....the well has run dry.

#24597 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm guessing this is more than a voluntary freeze....the well has run dry.

Um. no. I am not speaking to the status of the financial fund that Robert manages. I am merely stating that money is no longer flowing to anything pinball...at the moment.

Robert refers to his well as either "the money pipeline" or "the warchest".

#24598 2 years ago

Nope! Didn't take it in any bad way

He's a way more lifelong focus guy! He knew what he wanted and pursued it from an early age!

I came from being raised a construction worker, to college being a fine arts major, to graduating as an animation major, to taking 10 years off from drawing anything to doing programming and design & art direction. I was never focused in any disciplined coming up - I wanted to do everything!

Getting back into illustration in 2011 was revelatory for me. I was an adult who had coincidentally became disciplined but still liked aspects of many things. Pinball was a perfect fit for many reasons!

Quoted from Scandell:

Exactly. I hope I didn’t come across badly. But what you said is what I meant. JSC has chased a visual design craft to its obsessive completion. He slayed the specific dragon he was determined to slay. You are attacking multiple at once!

#24599 2 years ago

Is this true!? That's awful

Quoted from benheck:

Off the top of my head, per the ZW bankruptcy docs:
CT: 225k
AP: 300k
DR: 500k
Yes that's right! Blobert funneled money through the corpse of ZW to become the Top Creditor, and the only Secured Creditor! Meaning he keeps everything and CT and AP get shafted!
Just think greatwichjohn you could be next!

#24600 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Nope! Didn't take it in any bad way
He's a way more lifelong focus guy! He knew what he wanted and pursued it from an early age!
I came from being raised a construction worker, to college being a fine arts major, to graduating as an animation major, to taking 10 years off from drawing anything to doing programming and design & art direction. I was never focused in any disciplined coming up - I wanted to do everything!
Getting back into illustration in 2011 was revelatory for me. I was an adult who had coincidentally became disciplined but still liked aspects of many things. Pinball was a perfect fit for many reasons!

I had no idea! What a ride! In pinball, you are the benchmark to which all others are compared. Call me a "fan" and "friend". Hope to meet you sometime.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 492 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/492?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.