Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 483 of 672.
#24101 2 years ago

Too bad the film crew wasn't there to capture the ceremonial lighting of the raza

#24102 2 years ago

There's tons of stories out of silicon valley of crazy money being thrown around, but that is VC money.

It's nuts that RM wanted to live that silicon valley life, but with money from little old ladies.

#24103 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I literally laughed out loud when I read the thing that K posted today about the Raza catching fire when first turned on. In my mind, the actual powering on was conducted with great fanfare and excitement by all involved, and I can only imagine the ensuing panic and gnashing of teeth once the fire burst forth from the cabinet.... hahahaha

Could happen. All it would take would be something as inept as failing to put an end-of-stroke switch on their own flipper mechs and have the flipper coil burn the playfield out.

Don't laugh. New Canasta did this. I still remember seeing the scorch marks under the flipper area at the London amusements trade show years ago.

#24104 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Did you enjoy pinball before you got involved? How do you feel about it now?
There was always a lot of constructive criticism in the thread in between dank memes, drunk arguing, and internet sleuthing. Glad some of it made it back to you guys in one way or another even if Robert wouldn’t listen and it seems all for naught now.
Hope you all didn’t loose too much money in missed pay and can find new jobs soon.

I was completely new to pinball when I joined the team. Almost everyone there was. And we all very quickly came to really enjoy pinball. Lunch break was always a lot of fun with everyone playing pinball, lots of competition (Steve kicked everyone’s butt haha).

I would love to get a pin of my own someday. But I’ve got a lot of other hobbies that I don’t have time for so it’s on the back burner for now. Till then I’ll just enjoy the pins at the arcades and other peoples houses.

Most everyone who left found alternative employment beforehand, including myself. Lots of jobs out there so I’d say most of us are doing pretty good thank you

#24105 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Needs one of those big fake jewels in the middle...you know what I am talking about.

The LED ones?

EDIT: Mods deleted the picture. All good by me, it's their sandbox.

#24106 2 years ago

A few other new entries from the web:

https://www.secactions.com/investment-advisers-a-continuing-focus-of-enforcement/
Recapping deeproot as part of a recent trend by the SEC of cracking down on certain categories of crimes

https://www.sonnlaw.com/investigations/robert-mueller-deeproot-funds-ponzi-scheme/
Another firm looks for business from pissed off, defrauded deeproot investors

Latest Deeproot Podcast Roundup:

Macho Pinball: https://soundcloud.com/macho-pinball/episode-37-deep-poop

The Pinball Show: https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/the-pinball-show-ep-72-win-a-limited-edition-shirt-lose-your-shirt-with-deeproot/
(Guest commentator thinks Robert needed to spend like a drunken sailor to play the part as he wined and dined investors, not realizing deeproot brought in its funds through brokers and Robert just liked spending other people's money and blowing tens of millions of it to create fewer Razas than Team Pinball did Mafias)

Eceletic Gamers: https://soundcloud.com/user-465086826/episode-148

LoserKid w/ guest Colin MacAlpine: https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-67-scott-couldnt-wait

A Pinball Podcast: https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-wk9qn-10c19b9

#24107 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The LED ones?
[quoted image]

Reminded me of a classic show

ywaKXJk.gifywaKXJk.gif
#24108 2 years ago

You know how we enjoyed Ben's jpop impersonation? Everyone at deeproot must have had a robert impression.

#24109 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

You know how we enjoyed Ben's jpop impersonation? Everyone at deeproot must have had a robert impression.

Just throw a bunch of "Mkay's" in there, stuff a beach ball up your shirt, and wave your arms around while spouting nonsense like "Total. Pinball. Ownership. Experience." and "Dynamic cross-staffing" and you are already beyond the level of the Don Knotts impersonator Pinball Adventures scrounged up on Fivrr.

#24110 2 years ago

Damn, this truly is the thread that keeps on giving!

#24111 2 years ago

a 3 year old Facebook post from my good friend Molly, properly calling it like she saw it. I totally forgot I had commented on it, or even what I said. But boy, does it hold up.........

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg
#24112 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hey what can I say except I TOLD YA
That deeproot would go down in flames
I don't even feel bad because I TOLD YA
They never would ship any games!
I Told Ya
I Told Ya

#24113 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just throw a bunch of "Mkay's" in there, stuff a beach ball up your shirt, and wave your arms around while spouting nonsense like "Total. Pinball. Ownership. Experience." and "Dynamic cross-staffing" and you are already beyond the level of the Don Knotts impersonator Pinball Adventures scrounged up on Fivrr.

Robert's equivalent "mkay" tic is throwing ", right?" after every assertion, the majority of which are in fact "not right" (aka wrong).

#24114 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just throw a bunch of "Mkay's" in there, stuff a beach ball up your shirt, and wave your arms around while spouting nonsense like "Total. Pinball. Ownership. Experience." and "Dynamic cross-staffing" and you are already at the level of the Don Knotts impersonator Pinball Adventures scrounged up on Fivrr.

also toss in some stuff like "lead lights" and how you can easily bounce between topics like mechanical engineering, African gold mines, and the ramifications of the Franco-Prussian war.

Robert is a renaissance man. He has many areas of claimed expertise.

Adopt the Michael Scott mindset

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
#24115 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Robert buying Pinball Life would have hurt.
Was that an attempt at 'revenge' because Spooky and Gerry blew him off?

No, Robert wanted to buy Spooky and PBL at the same time. Robert, being a blowhard idiot, said "I'm gonna sue every other pinball company" in front of Terry. Whoops!

As for Gerry. OK now we know DR had a new system. Therefore Robert was probably squeezing MM for something else (RM is a slime bag blackmailer too) using the LCD patent as leverage. (I'll keep guessing until Gerry joins in)

#24116 2 years ago

What happened with Barry O anyway? This is the guy behind Pin*Bot, Space Shuttle, Dr. Who, Who Dunnit, Cyclone, etc. How does all that obvious talent just go away?

#24117 2 years ago

This is pretty crazy to even attempt to pull this off. Resurrecting a dead pinball project (again) and schilling people. It’s bad for everyone that got sucked in but the warning signs were there from the very beginning….though all of us wanted to have faith and believe games would get made.

Can’t wait to hear the stories/details from those involved once they can share.

This is no different than Wall Street hustlers to Silicon Valley.

#24118 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

What happened with Barry O anyway? This is the guy behind Pin*Bot, Space Shuttle, Dr. Who, Who Dunnit, Cyclone, etc. How does all that obvious talent just go away?

Who said it went away? Word on the street is that food truck was the best of the bunch (though don't know about the quality of said bunch).

#24119 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

If you listen to Python Anghelo's opinion on TOPcast, he was never that creative to begin with. He was a screwdriver guy, not a creative cat. But Python said a lot of things... He also thought very lowly of Pat Lawlor and thought Zingy Bingy was a worthwhile idea.

#24120 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

This is no different than Wall Street hustlers to Silicon Valley.

It might be funnier

#24121 2 years ago

Who said it went away? Legit word on the street is that food truck was the best of the bunch (though don't know about the quality of said bunch).

I meant more that none of the major pin companies wanted to hire him.

#24122 2 years ago

Who said it went away? Word on the street is that food truck was the best of the bunch (though don't know about the quality of said bunch).

Yep. I have an imaginary friend that played it and he said it was good!

#24123 2 years ago

Let’s start casting the movie.

John C. Reilly as Jpop
Tim Heidecker as Robert Mueller

5C64BBCB-CE66-4EB0-86CE-4E08A08DB663.gif5C64BBCB-CE66-4EB0-86CE-4E08A08DB663.gifEBD0C75A-CAFD-4675-90E0-DCB3A55386B5.gifEBD0C75A-CAFD-4675-90E0-DCB3A55386B5.gif
#24124 2 years ago

Saying "No thanks" to Robert has to be the best decision Spooky Charlie ever took. And he has achieved A LOT. That carrot must have been very tempting given the position he was in at the time.

#24125 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

John C. Reilly as Jpop
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good thing is Tim would really go for it and lean heavily into legit fat tim to better pull it off

#24126 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

John C. Reilly as Jpop
[quoted image][quoted image]

I still vote for a less in shape Jack Black as Mueller and Danny Devito with a wig as JPop

#24127 2 years ago
Quoted from IMI4tth3w:

I would say the electronic control system in a deeproot machine more closely resembles Stern than Multimorphic. But it is indeed unique. Building your own from scratch electronic control system for a pinball machine is not easy.
Source: I designed most of it.
Edit: I’ve been out of deeproot for quite a while now. We’ll have story time soon pinside I promise

Ooooh! I’m more interested in the background of the control system you designed, but the full story will out I’m sure!

#24128 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I still vote for a less in shape Jack Black as Mueller and Danny Devito with a wig as JPop

How about this for our leading man?

blart (resized).jpgblart (resized).jpg
#24129 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Was "Twins" the "80s movie license" that they 100 percent had locked down legally with signed contracts?!?!

#24130 2 years ago

So any idea what will now be the first multi-denominational religious pinball game?

#24131 2 years ago

So any idea what will now be the first multi-denominational religious pinball game?

Ben Heck's BIBLE FUCKING ADVENTURES!

#24132 2 years ago

How about this for our leading man?[quoted image]

Nah, come on - I want to watch this movie & for it to be funny.

#24133 2 years ago

How about this for our leading man?[quoted image]

If it's Kevin James, that means it'll be a Adam Sandler joint. So we need to find ways for Sandler, David Spade, Rob Schneider, Allen Covert, Nick Swardson, and others to cash checks while barely showing up to improve one liners. Bonus if they can film in a vacation spot. Also need t work in some product placement to pay for the movie because it'll flop harder than a Mueller ran company

#24134 2 years ago

Fumbled Hail Mary
Incomplete Passover

#24135 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

7EE9B3AD-53CD-42B5-BA6B-FE1136F25924.gif7EE9B3AD-53CD-42B5-BA6B-FE1136F25924.gif
#24136 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Could happen. All it would take would be something as inept as failing to put an end-of-stroke switch on their own flipper mechs and have the flipper coil burn the playfield out.

Aehhh. And a high insufficient and blue eyed programming of the power coil control logic. Coupled with a badly rated fuse.

My guess is something in the power supply circuitry. Again with insufficient fuse/over current protection.

#24137 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Watch this video and tell me that doesn't look good

I'm sure the latest VR golf game looks great too but try telling that to the boys when they head out to the course with a case of beer.

#24138 2 years ago
Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 5.25.40 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-25 at 5.25.40 AM (resized).png
#24139 2 years ago

Let's workshop a name for the inevitable documentary!

Pinball terms the public knows: wizards, tilt, game over

Go!

Pinball Ponzi: The Fall of deeproot
Full Tilt Ponzi
Pinball Ponzi Wizards

#24140 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Let's workshop a name for the inevitable documentary!
Pinball terms the public knows: wizards, tilt, game over
Go!
Pinball Ponzi: The Fall of deeproot
Full Tilt Ponzi
Pinball Ponzi Wizards

Every single pinball documentary can have one of two possible names:

Tilt!
Pinball Wizards!

So it'll probably be Tilt! : something something something.

#24141 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Every single pinball documentary can have one of two possible names:
Tilt!
Pinball Wizards!
So it'll probably be Tilt! : something something something.

How about "No Ball save.....the Deeproot Story"......

#24142 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

How about "No Ball save.....the Deeproot Story"......

i know it's fun to think about, but the reality is the Pinball Division was just a small part of the grand scheme. it would get a small mention in any kind of screenplay about him. let alone, make up the title.

#24143 2 years ago

Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness

Pinball Wizard: Trials, Tribulations and Tilts

#24144 2 years ago

Deeproot: For Bemusement Only

#24145 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

the Pinball Division was just a small part of the grand scheme.

But it might be the most comedically rich. Fleecing retirees for your kid's private school is a tired trope at this point. Blowing half your fortune on a game that catches fire? Now THAT's television.

#24146 2 years ago

Yeah a physical aspect is more interesting than the animation studios - like the Theranos machine that didn't work or the Fyre Fest cheese sandwiches.

#24147 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

But it might be the most comedically rich. Fleecing retirees for your kid's private school is a tired trope at this point. Blowing half your fortune on a game that catches fire? Now THAT's television.

great point.

#24148 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i know it's fun to think about, but the reality is the Pinball Division was just a small part of the grand scheme. it would get a small mention in any kind of screenplay about him. let alone, make up the title.

The pinball stuff (which includes deeproot tech and deeproot studios) was surely the primary money sink that sunk the fund. It wasn't deeproot sports and entertainment (though I'm sure Robert wasted $ there too).

So I think it's a major part of this disaster, and hope that some reporters will pick up on this because that's one of the angles that could really help this get some mainstream coverage.

Normies hearing that a guy broke however many laws that ended up trashing a $60 million fund and 300 people's investments trying, and failing, to build pinball machines, which most people don't even realize are still a thing? That's one hell of a story

#24149 2 years ago

Somebody gots to keep an overview of what we have seen emerge since Saturday. And a timeline. I am getting dizzy.

#24150 2 years ago

Rooted: How a delusional fund manager totally fucked himself (and everyone else)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 483 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/483?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.