Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 672.
#2301 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

BTW, It is common knowledge by anyone who has inquired that BTTF is not available to be licensed.

#2302 5 years ago

Not available to be licensed....because you(Deeproot) already bought the rights?

#2303 5 years ago

Yeah, saying it like that is not like saying..."We do not have the rights."

#2304 5 years ago

Maybe the reason for the delay...tbh nothing would put them on the map faster than to come out of the gate with bttf.

#2305 5 years ago

I'm pretty psyched about this game.

SHould the full-size Flux Capacitor go in the backglass? Or a smaller one on the playfield?

I'm guessing Biff sits this one out and all the callout money goes to Chris Lloyd, which is fine with me. he rules.

#2306 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

SHould the full-size Flux Capacitor go in the backglass? Or a smaller one on the playfield?
I'm guessing Biff sits this one out and all the callout money goes to Chris Lloyd, which is fine with me. he rules.

Biff may be up for it! Tom F Wilson has warmed up to Biff in the last couple years (finally!) he got enough going on outside BTTF he didn’t feel as pigeonholed

#2307 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We had one inside but it fizzled.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#2308 5 years ago

Anyone notice that there website is currently down?

#2309 5 years ago
Quoted from GunsNPinball:

Anyone notice that there website is currently down?

If you're talking about JPop's Zidware Wordpress, yes, it's been down.
Deeproot? "Their" website is up and running just fine.

#2310 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Deeproot? "Their" website is up and running just fine.

deeprootfunds? Yes, just fine.

http://deeprootpinball.com, nope!
deeprootpinball down (resized).pngdeeprootpinball down (resized).png

downforeveryoneorjustme (resized).pngdownforeveryoneorjustme (resized).png
#2311 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

deeprootfunds? Yes, just fine.
http://deeprootpinball.com, nope!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Dunno... haven't looked at that.
http://deeproottech.com/ and click on Zidware. The pinball team is still there.

#2312 5 years ago

No BTTF ? Bummer

Deep root sounds like a dental cleaning procedure.

Soooo teeth

Website disapearing/ Jpop on board

Something fishy

Must be Jaws!!!

Sweeeeet!

#2313 5 years ago

Just spotted this from the TWIP deeproot page:

Quad Assembly will be like no other ever used in pinball manufacturing, in an office type setting.

No assembly line

#2314 5 years ago

I thought they are doing Octo Assembly now? Either way, this newfangled manufacturing is going to be awesome!

#2315 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

I thought they are doing Octo Assembly now? Either way, this newfangled manufacturing is going to be awesome!

It's hard to train that Octopus.

#2316 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It's hard to train that Octopus.

Sqiddly Diddly Can do it

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg
#2317 5 years ago

Ok, Office Space does Pinball... sounds like a great title... Office Space Pinball Party... where the major toy is the three amigos standing around a Stern pinball machine with baseball bats... and a giant Red Swingline ball lock... that pops balls out like staples... During the final wizard mode, it lights the whole machine on fire while JPop, dressed as Milton sits in his beach chair on the LCD drinking a flaming Mia Tia laughing...

#2318 5 years ago

The more I thought about this... holy fuck- why the fuck not?!? The stapler lock though is my idea... I will pee in a circle around that idea...

#2319 5 years ago

Wait, are we talking about a The Office-themed pinball game?

#2320 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

No, the movie office space. You must check it out, great movie.

#2321 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, Office Space does Pinball... sounds like a great title... Office Space Pinball Party... where the major toy is the three amigos standing around a Stern pinball machine with baseball bats... and a giant Red Swingline ball lock... that pops balls out like staples... During the final wizard mode, it lights the whole machine on fire while JPop, dressed as Milton sits in his beach chair on the LCD drinking a flaming Mia Tia laughing...

Okay, i'm buying Jpop a red swingline this weekend. This is too great

Quoted from unigroove:

Office Space* its a movie not a TV show. Either one would make a great pinball theme though

On another note, website also seems to be back now. My guess is it was probably just a network issue.

#2322 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

movie office space.

This is me when I agree with someone wanting a hip-hop themed pinball, and then realize everyone else disagrees.

#2323 5 years ago
Quoted from deeprootmatt:

Okay, i'm buying Jpop a red swingline this weekend. This is too great

Office Space* its a movie not a TV show. Either one would make a great pinball theme though
On another note, website also seems to be back now. My guess is it was probably just a network issue.

Problem is, in the movie the dude with the red stapler burns everything to the ground. History repeating itself at DR, with the guy you gave the stapler too? Irony.

Btw, as a network engineer, its always the network, even if you are able to get to the website, and then get the error.

#2324 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Problem is, in the movie the dude with the red stapler burns everything to the ground. History repeating itself at DR, with the guy you gave the stapler too? Irony.

So i want to take a minute here to give my own personal account and experience working with Jpop. I figure a sort of third party opinion from someone who has been working closely with him over the last 1.5 years might be of interest. Again, this is my own personal opinion.

I will also preface this message with this: I get it. He screwed up. A lot of people here are upset. And i completely understand that. I will continue to stay out of that as much as i can and focus on what I can do: doing my part in bringing about success for deeproot.

John has been, and continues to be a great friend. He is always able to provide valuable insight into whatever aspect I am working on. The amazing conversations we have had are numerous, and his passion for pinball is absolutely contagious. I have now been brought into the pinball world i never knew existed.. and its amazing! I have learned more over the last 1.5 years than I could have ever imagined and John has had a big part in that. So I wanted to take this moment to share this with you guys, and take it as you will.

Also, I hate to leave out the other amazing people I get to work with as John is just one of MANY people at deeproot. All of us here are REALLY excited for what is to come, and it is coming!

#2325 5 years ago

Are you guys going to do anything cool at TPF?

#2326 5 years ago

So i want to take a minute here to give my own personal account and experience working with Jpop. I figure a sort of third party opinion from someone who has been working closely with him over the last 1.5 years might be of interest. Again, this is my own personal opinion.
I will also preface this message with this: I get it. He screwed up. A lot of people here are upset. And i completely understand that. I will continue to stay out of that as much as i can and focus on what I can do: doing my part in bringing about success for deeproot.
John has been, and continues to be a great friend. He is always able to provide valuable insight into whatever aspect I am working on. The amazing conversations we have had are numerous, and his passion for pinball is absolutely contagious. I have now been brought into the pinball world i never knew existed.. and its amazing! I have learned more over the last 1.5 years than I could have ever imagined and John has had a big part in that. So I wanted to take this moment to share this with you guys, and take it as you will.
Also, I hate to leave out the other amazing people I get to work with as John is just one of MANY people at deeproot. All of us here are REALLY excited for what is to come, and it is coming!

Cool, glad JPop is a great office guy. Soo... are you guys going to you know.. make a pinball machine eventually?

#2327 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No, the movie office space. You must check it out, great movie.

“..wanna be a gansta...”

#2328 5 years ago

Thats cool man! Are you a graduate of jpops school of pinball? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-jpops-pinball-school

I hope you learned some real lessons, both in what to do right in pinball, and what not to do. So far, Deeproot has not asked for a $ of preorder money, so they are still AOK in my book. Funny he wants to give the red stapler to the guy who burns it down, in the movie of course!

#2329 5 years ago

Looking forward to all the machines you turn out. J-Pop has made some of the best machines ever created, so want to see what’s next. I know you have others coming as well, so get er dun

#2330 5 years ago

Thanks for the post and personal insights!

I'm fairly new to this community, so I don't have the possible personal issues towards John that many have, and I can't imagine the complexity of that at all for those people. I can only say he designed some of my favorite games when I was a teenager, and I anxiously await seeing what comes from Deeproot. I just kinda wish.....it would happen, at some point.

Good luck to ya, and please do forward good vibes to John for me!

#2331 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Cool, glad JPop is a great office guy. Soo... are you guys going to you know.. make a pinball machine eventually?

Only thing they're making is vaporware

#2332 5 years ago

I used to have good conversations with jpop talking pinball and his career. I'd then wonder if he just spent 90 minutes talking with me on the phone how often that happens with every other customer.

He needed a boss back then, so hopefully that helps with the current situation.

#2333 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

He needed a boss back then, so hopefully that helps with the current situation

He has beyond a boss, he has a boss who's dumping a shit ton of his money in this company, and a bunch from investors. I guarantee there are daily morning status update meetings going on over there.

#2334 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

He has beyond a boss, he has a boss who's dumping a shit ton of his money in this company, and a bunch from investors. I guarantee there are daily morning status update meetings going on over there.

and yet the big TPF reveal has been pushed back to some undetermined date.

#2335 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

and yet the big TPF reveal has been pushed back to some undetermined date.

I don’t think that the designing is the problem - it’s the assembling that’s turned out to be quad or octo times harder than assumed.

#2336 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

I don’t think that the designing is the problem - it’s the assembling that’s turned out to be quad or octo times harder than assumed.

Nah, Pinball is easy.

#2337 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Funny, since you mentioned investors- I’ve been watching that show Ozark and it occurred to me that they should add a pinball machine company to their portfolio on season 3... after the Heighway debacle, seems like a perfect fit!

#2338 5 years ago

I will also preface this message with this: I get it. He screwed up. A lot of people here are upset. And i completely understand that.

Yeah, he screwed up...and screwed MANY people. And his reward? He gets hired.......

#2339 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, he screwed up...and screwed MANY people. And his reward? He gets hired.......

I definitely get the anger and hate, I personally lost a lot to the whole ordeal.

However, I don't think JPop should continue to be chastised so much. He definitely screwed up, and obviously has issues, but he's never thrown his hands up and said fuck it. He's continued to look for some kind of solution to get what he's promised done. He could have very easily just done what SkitB, Heighway, VonnieD, and Dutch have done and just walked away. He continued to try to get the games built though, to the point of getting two different, new pinball manufacturers involved.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

#2340 5 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

However, I don't think JPop should continue to be chastised so much. He definitely screwed up, and obviously has issues, but he's never thrown his hands up and said fuck it. He's continued to look for some kind of solution to get what he's promised done. He could have very easily just done what SkitB, Heighway, VonnieD, and Dutch have done and just walked away. He continued to try to get the games built though, to the point of getting two different, new pinball manufacturers involved.

Good point!

#2341 5 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I definitely get the anger and hate, I personally lost a lot to the whole ordeal.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
314-766-4587

I may be talking out of school here, but didn’t Heighway, SkitB, DutchP all face lawsuits which kinda forced their hand ?

#2342 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I may be talking out of school here, but didn’t Heighway, SkitB, DutchP all face lawsuits which kinda forced their hand ?

So did JPop.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
314-766-4587

#2343 5 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

So did JPop.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
314-766-4587

Aaah, gotcha. Yikes

#2344 5 years ago

Then he sued the people he ripped off. Classy.

#2345 5 years ago

I believe in forgiveness and redemption.

I think John got himself caught up in a situation of taking people's money and being a horrendous business person and steward of our funds.

I believe he thought he was "entitled" to noodle and doodle for YEARS and that the effort to get games done would be good enough and that's just how business works.

He clearly misrepresented many things regarding his efforts and progress towards completing his job. He lied.

While lying, he continued to take $$$ for AIW and other payments knowing full well he was neck deep in a pool of shit.

Fast forward to now and i'm willing to see how this whole journey plays out. His massive ego has been humbled many notches yet......

He still to this date hasn't shown any contrition or simply said "I'm sorry".

#2346 5 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
314-766-4587

I totally get that, but with John it seemed like each new attempt to make things right hurt more people. It was essentially a giant pyramid scheme. Is Deeproot going to be the foundation of that pyramid, or are they just going to be another layer of disappointment? Only time will tell. I'm not rooting against Deeproot (ha, ha...rooting). I do however worry that their version of success might be hurtful to other manufacturers. I hope we are not entering into an era of crazy pinball patents and lawsuits.

#2347 5 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

He definitely screwed up, and obviously has issues, but he's never thrown his hands up and said fuck it.

No...he did something much worse, he sued his own customers that he took money from when he failed to deliver the product.

John has been, and continues to be a great friend.

Eagles fly with eagles. Crows fly with crows. Vultures fly with vultures. JPop has shown us in this community his feathers and many of us have been scratching our heads at yalls association. Most of us want to see Deeproot succeed, regardless of who you employ, but we can’t reconcile this affiliation with your stated goals.

Anyway, good luck to you all.

#2348 5 years ago

!

Quoted from TigerLaw:

No...he did something much worse, he sued his own customers that he took money from when he failed to deliver the product.

I try not to be bitter about that little nugget of insanity I take comfort in the fact that John used our money wisely... Range Rover's, Vanity plates and 1000+ trips to Starbuck for Pinball/Macchiato brainstorming sessions.

JPOP cash burn (resized).jpgJPOP cash burn (resized).jpg

#2349 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I totally get that, but with John it seemed like each new attempt to make things right hurt more people...

Absolutely this. The ups and downs of hope for something, then disappointment, over and over again was crazy frustrating.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

No...he did something much worse, he sued his own customers that he took money from when he failed to deliver the product....

I'm not aware of this, where can I find out more? I was a customer for two of his games and I never got sued for anything.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
borygard at gmail dot com

#2350 5 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I'm not aware of this, where can I find out more? I was a customer for two of his games and I never got sued for anything.

Please see this thread for a discussion and somewhat of a debate relating to the litigation (it came rather late in the drama so perhaps go through the key note posts to fish), they had court hearings and everything: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6

I am somewhat taken aback that you did not know of this litigation, though it was not heavily discussed on this website it was well known in the community and being monitored by many.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/47?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.