View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 479 of 672.
#23901 2 years ago

In my mind I like to picture Robert with a purple hardhat at the controls to that warehouse crane, using it to pour a giant cup of Starbucks down John's gullet

#23902 2 years ago

Here are a few old ones to bring back memories of the other asshole involved in this scam. Think aboot the NDA'a this guy made "customers" sign had. I wonder if by chance he had the SEC target draft those NDA's as a precursor to their "partnership"?

28bbbb09b350bc1137505c4d5f985229f1172803 (resized).png28bbbb09b350bc1137505c4d5f985229f1172803 (resized).png16c64589cd2d2ecd23b6d9bde7a30764b0620ac2 (resized).jpg16c64589cd2d2ecd23b6d9bde7a30764b0620ac2 (resized).jpg1fdbda4775bd8d5446b9a7a0efe208d911896fad (resized).jpg1fdbda4775bd8d5446b9a7a0efe208d911896fad (resized).jpg1466421a5a7f1aeac97bcf984b01ec1165082ccf (resized).jpg1466421a5a7f1aeac97bcf984b01ec1165082ccf (resized).jpg8a7c3ee2ab55c8075f9e77726e99d7c697d7508d (resized).jpg8a7c3ee2ab55c8075f9e77726e99d7c697d7508d (resized).jpg
#23903 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Maybe not, but if he dares to show up at a pin auction you can bet someone will take a picture of his back and post it on Pinside.

Seriously. Maybe it'll even be....SHOCK...in focus!!!!

#23904 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Here are a few old ones to bring back memories of the other asshole involved in this scam. Think aboot the NDA'a this guy made "customers" sign had. I wonder if by chance he had the SEC target draft those NDA's as a precursor to their "partnership"?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LMAO at that stupid fn Magic Girl cabinet. The back of that thing is what...4 feet tall?

Good luck fitting it in anything smaller than a cargo van!

Is there anything about this project - besides the stolen artwork - that wasn't a complete and total misfire of Spruce Goose proportions?!

I remember hearing it was simply dumb luck that the playfield glass - which slides out at a ridiculously steep angle - didn't hit the plunger on the way out of the cabinet (barely cleared it). Didn't even pop into anybody's mind that this might be an issue when they were designing it.

#23905 2 years ago

That stupid ass arts and crafts invoice reminds me, heard John sold and took money for as many as 40 AIW. A considerable chunk often forgotten.

I wonder what Johnny Boy is doing right this minute... Driving around his van, looking for a mattress on the curb that will fit in back before he drives down by the river?

Did he get divorced?

#23906 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I personally know a white collar criminal that defrauded Medicaid for 700K and he got the shit beat out of him weekly at Club Fed.
It's not always biscuits and gravy.

Different deal...he stole from the government....rules are different when you steal from regular folks...lol

#23907 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

But I feel especially bad for Steve Bowden. He relocated 1/2 way across the country and changed professions, all on the promises of this crook RM.

A classic example of why you never relocate for a job unless given a massive relocation bonus and all expenses paid move. I knew people that relocated just 20 miles away in the Detroit area to avoid long commute times. They uprooted their kids to new schools and bought new houses and then BAM, laid off. F-that noise.

#23908 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Did he get divorced?

It's funny you bring that up. The other day I went to his wife's facebook page (not hard to lookup, it's on his wiki page), relationship status: none. John may have closed his facebook down at one point, but it's active right now because once in a while someone will post a photo of their Williams pinball and tag him. Also his wife only seems to have photos of herself and the kids, NONE of John. If they aren't divorced, she's embarrassed by him.

#23909 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Oh, and for the record, I found the winner who has earned the ultimate "I told you so!" privileges. In the original jpop thread from over 10 years ago. The winner who can claim to be the first to call out the nonsense goes to:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How ironic is it that ice is "the winner" here?

#23910 2 years ago

One of the benefits of quad/octo manufacturing is the ability to build machines in a smaller space than typical pinball production processes require.

SO WHY THE F WAS ROBERT OBSESSED WITH RENTING ENORMOUS BUILDINGS??

#23911 2 years ago

Back at a time when benheck and JPOP were hanging out. Hey Ben, waiting for closet skeletons part 2.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#23912 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

would love to know after spending all that money what they was actually left with, its got to be more then 2 games?? it must be????

It will come out in credit card statements of RM and his family & Friends. Maybe we'll see donations to the Humane Society and Red Cross. Or maybe purchases of the latest iPhones, air travel, boutique hotels, fast food, I mean gourmet meals, cars, clothes (not T. J. Maxx), cable teevee fees (not just the basic plans either). And remember, there are multiple spouses. Are there multiple step-children who also got on the gravy train?

#23913 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

“JPOP is the Milli Vanilli of Pinball Designers.” - Python Angelo. ok, so Python didn’t really say that, but it would have been better if he did.

Python had a much better, direct name for this asshole.

#23914 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Back at a time when benheck and JPOP were hanging out. Hey Ben, waiting for closet skeletons part 2.

[quoted image]

Which game was that to be benheck ?

#23915 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Bobby Pinball will make a come back, and everyone will receive their RAZA. Stay Patients people.

Barry O, How are you? Stay awake there....

#23916 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

One of the benefits of quad/octo manufacturing is the ability to build machines in a smaller space than typical pinball production processes require.
SO WHY THE F WAS ROBERT OBSESSED WITH RENTING ENORMOUS BUILDINGS??

giphy[1] (resized).pnggiphy[1] (resized).png
#23917 2 years ago

OMG required listening right there. That is some funny shit…

#23918 2 years ago

Here's a few other PDFs for the Blueberry Johnson deeproot Memorial Library

One is a lien against the building for unpaid bills in the amount of 164k. Remember how the real estate ad mentioned the client replaced the HVAC? Well...

The other has something to do with a carwash. I think Robert gave a loan to a friend with deeproot money?

1882912_16307235_docimage_actual.pdf1882912_16307235_docimage_actual.pdf1882912_44822106_docimage_actual.pdf1882912_44822106_docimage_actual.pdf

#23919 2 years ago

Robert Mueller kind of looks like nerdy Brock Lesnar.

7d3o6 (resized).jpeg7d3o6 (resized).jpeg
#23920 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

[quoted image]

"Like If you believe in karma and stuff like that" -JPOP

#23921 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It's funny you bring that up. The other day I went to his wife's facebook page (not hard to lookup, it's on his wiki page), relationship status: none. John may have closed his facebook down at one point, but it's active right now because once in a while someone will post a photo of their Williams pinball and tag him. Also his wife only seems to have photos of herself and the kids, NONE of John. If they aren't divorced, she's embarrassed by him.

Very common tactic in large civil cases to limit liability and to hide assets.

#23922 2 years ago

This is from the European pre-order page - the cabinet is built using "Hybrid DT Joint Reinforcement" That is the first time I noticed that one.

#23923 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Here are a few old ones to bring back memories of the other asshole involved in this scam. Think aboot the NDA'a this guy made "customers" sign had. I wonder if by chance he had the SEC target draft those NDA's as a precursor to their "partnership"?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just pointing out to anyone who says they never planned on making pinball machines look at all the lumber in that photo.

That’s a lot of friggen empty cabinets…

#23924 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Thanks man. I think people assume that everyone who got in on a RAZA had years of information at their fingertips. I know many did but not everyone does nor do all enthusiasts live on pinside.

I'm curious... how did you know that RAZA even existed, and become aware to place an order during the short ordering window, without also being exposed to some of the more concerning information about the product and company?

I hope your credit card refunds you fully.

#23925 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

One is a lien against the building for unpaid bills in the amount of 164k. Remember how the real estate ad mentioned the client replaced the HVAC? Well...
The other has something to do with a carwash. I think Robert gave a loan to a friend with deeproot money?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Minor update. I found the document where the HVAC contractor released their lien on March 2, 2021. You know what also happened in March? The building going up for sale...

I still can't tell if Robert owned the building, but it makes sense he paid the lien so he could put the building on the market.

edit: I pulled the deed for the building. I really don't think Robert owned it or anything. Can't imagine his land lords would have been happy about a lien being put on their property because of Roberto though.

#23926 2 years ago

Is that a lien for a former Deeproot carwash?? Ben was Robert a fan of breaking bad?
I revisited Kanedas deeproot Part 2 montage; I think there is a useful quote for the SEC, at 4:05 in he says "there are no investors in pinball, its company money, its my money"...and how we are all stupid and don't understand reality for questioning wtf he's doing.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image][quoted image]

#23927 2 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Is that a lien for a former Deeproot carwash?? Ben was Robert a fan of breaking bad?
I revisited Kanedas deeproot Part 2 montage; I think there is a useful quote for the SEC, at 4:05 in he says "there are no investors in pinball, its company money, its my money"...and how we are all stupid and don't understand reality for questioning wtf he's doing.

Haha that's the first thing I thought of when I read that. Was looking for clips but there aren't as many as the self-contained "Nail Salon" one.

#23928 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think they might have a few other things to worry about before fighting a chargeback....

I agree but I'd have to guess there are around 122 chargebacks going on right now. Including the 30 games that Robert ordered for himself.

#23929 2 years ago

@inside, as TreyBo69 has demonstrated, you can simply upload pdfs to pinside (so please do!)

#23930 2 years ago

Here is Robert's carwash

10670 Bandera Rd, San Antonio, TX 78250

I think he gave a loan from deeproot Funds, LLC (again don't name all your fraudulent companies the same thing) to someone who built a carwash sometime in 2019 or so going off the streetview with Robert personally as the trustee

#23931 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Here is Robert's carwash

Auto Glide

#23932 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Here is Robert's carwash
10670 Bandera Rd, San Antonio, TX 78250
I think he gave a loan from deeproot Funds, LLC (again don't name all your fraudulent companies the same thing) to someone who built a carwash sometime in 2019 or so going off the streetview with Robert personally as the trustee

I'm sure it's the most innovative, awesomest car wash in history, complete with "dynamic cross staffing" and "lean-agile" cleaning processes. Customers aren't just getting their Acuras washed they are enjoying the "Total Car Wash Experience." The best news? These carwashes are all "backwards compatible!"

Send cash now...your car is scheduled to be washed in only six weeks according to our "external estimates."*

*internal estimates may vary

You see, Deep Root car wash is a "fresh voice of reason in a dysfunctional industry." The cost/profit/quality profile of our car washes will not allow any other car wash to compete with us.

My god the river of corporate bullshitspeak RM uttered in every interview was head-explodingly baffling. HOW IN GOD'S NAME COULD ANYBODY SEND THIS GUY MONEY?!?!

Do you ever hear Gary fuckin Stern - or Jersey Jack - or Charlie - or ANYBODY who has ever successfully produced a pinball machine talk like that?!?!?!

AAAAHHHRRRERGHGHGHGHG!!!!

#23933 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm sure it's the most innovative, awesomest car wash in history, complete with "dynamic cross staffing" and "lean-agile" cleaning processes. Customers aren't just getting their Acuras washed they are enjoying the "Total Car Wash Experience." The best news? These carwashes are all "backwards compatible!"
Send cash now...your car is scheduled to be washed in only six weeks according to our "external estimates."*
My god the river of corporate bullshitspeak RM uttered in every interview was head-explodingly baffling. HOW IN GOD'S NAME COULD ANYBODY SEND THIS GUY MONEY?!?!
Do you ever hear Gary fuckin Stern - or Jersey Jack - or Charlie - or ANYBODY who has ever successfully produced a pinball machine talk like that?!?!?!

Hey now, the carwash is actually open with a 4.4 rating and 154 reviews.

I think Robert just helped pay for it, not run it. That's why it's still in business...

#23934 2 years ago

there is a cargument coming and Levi sparked it. I'm going to take a guess that Levi doesn't own a car.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

#23935 2 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

there is a cargument coming and Levi sparked it. I'm going to take a guess that Levi doesn't own a car.

You see, Robert Mueller is kinda like that car Biff drives in BTTF.

Full of shit and going nowhere.

Did I do it right?!

#23936 2 years ago

I bet Iceman loves that carwash

He prepays it years out

#23937 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You see, Robert Mueller is kinda like that car Biff drives in BTTF.
Full of shit and going nowhere.
Did I do it right?!

That's pretty good!

#23938 2 years ago
Walter-White-at-his-car-wash.jpgWalter-White-at-his-car-wash.jpg
#23939 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Hey now, the carwash is actually open with a 4.4 rating and 154 reviews.

I think Robert just helped pay for it, not run it. That's why it's still in business...

Regardless, I'm picturing Robert giving his name top billing on the street sign, ahead of "CAR WASH".

#23940 2 years ago

did I ever tell you guys about the first time I met John?..

Some of you might remember my first business in NYC, Reciprocal Skateboards and Pinball, in the E. Village. So around 2008/2009, we were still kinda' new, as it was before we expanded into the storefront next door and tripled our size. We had this really tiny bathroom that couldn't have been more than 3 feet from our counter. It was pretty nasty and the door had this gaping hole towards the bottom, so you can clearly see the feet and ankles of the person taking a dump (it was a skateshop, give us a break!). Anyway, our good friend Eddie Cramer comes in with another gentleman I'd never seen before, and before I can even say "Hi" to Eddie or introduce myself to his friend, the friend eagerly asks, "Hey, do you have a bathroom I can use?!". I can tell by the look in his eyes what is currently taking priority for him, as I've certainly been there myself. So I say "Sure, right through there.. please excuse the hole in the door.". The guy quickly scurries in there, like as if something is gonna happen, like it or not. The Belt and zipper are the next noises I couldn't help but hear. It was straight out of a Farrelly Brother's movie. Eddie excitedly says to me "Do you know who that is?". I said, "Ummm, the guy who's about to blow up my bathroom?!". Eddie chuckles and says "No, but you know what he's famous for, right?". I said, "No, but I hope it's for washing his hands, if he plans on playing pinball with you!".

Anyway, he did manage to stink it up quite a bit, but I got to talk to him for a while after. Ironically most of the discussion revolved around patents. I vividly remember that he told me that the Rudy head in Funhouse alone has over 100 patents. And he told me about many of the patents he had in his name.

A few months later I saw he was selling these grab-bags of pinball development-related collectibles (schematics, drawings, etc..), so I paid him $400 for one. They were supposed to be hand picked by him, and each order would be different in what it contained. Perfect for any pinball enthusiast. I was going to give it to my friend Steve Marsh for his Birthday, as he was a huge fan of his. 4 months, and 10 excuses later, I still hadn't gotten what I paid for, and only got my money back after I threatened to report it to Paypal.

In all fairness, he did tack an additional $10 (maybe $20) on to the refund, unrequested by me, for my troubles. I can only assume that was from later buyers But I also got all the warning I needed to know not to ever give a dime towards his future pinball ventures. So it really turned out to be a great meeting.

#23941 2 years ago

Get our Ferrari detail wash at Kia prices!

#23942 2 years ago

a buddy of mine who has been in the hobby a long time made a FB page for "Deeproot Pinball Fans" that I was invited to about the time it was being revealed. I watched the reveal and followed the prototypes getting played in San Antonio and figured it looked neat so I would buy it. I did see people talking about not supporting JPop because he's a tool, but at that point with the game fully designed and prototypes out, the designer being a clown or the CEO being an egotistical windbag weren't enough to not want to pull the trigger on something that looked different.
There's also literally decades of pinball information in forums like this. I got in quickly and started buying lots of stuff and with the information overload I pretty much just concentrated on games that I wanted. Checked FS posts but didn't really spend any time in the forum section.

Quoted from Ferret:

I'm curious... how did you know that RAZA even existed, and become aware to place an order during the short ordering window, without also being exposed to some of the more concerning information about the product and company?
I hope your credit card refunds you fully.

#23943 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Some of you might remember my first business in NYC, Reciprocal Skateboards and Pinball, in the E. Village. So around 2008/2009, we were still kinda' new, as it was before we expanded into the storefront next door and tripled our size. We had this really tiny bathroom that couldn't have been more than 3 feet from our counter. It was pretty nasty and the door had this gaping hole towards the bottom, so you can clearly see the feet and ankles of the person taking a dump (it was a skateshop, give us a break!). Anyway, our good friend Eddie Cramer comes in with another gentleman I'd never seen before, and before I can even say "Hi" to Eddie or introduce myself to his friend, the friend eagerly asks, "Hey, do you have a bathroom I can use?!". I can tell by the look in his eyes what is currently taking priority for him, as I've certainly been there myself. So I say "Sure, right through there.. please excuse the hole in the door.". The guy quickly scurries in there, like as if something is gonna happen, like it or not. The Belt and zipper are the next noises I couldn't help but hear. It was straight out of a Farrelly Brother's movie. Eddie excitedly says to me "Do you know who that is?". I said, "Ummm, the guy who's about to blow up my bathroom?!". Eddie chuckles and says "No, but you know what he's famous for, right?". I said, "No, but I hope it's for washing his hands, if he plans on playing pinball with you!".
Anyway, he did manage to stink it up quite a bit, but I got to talk to him for quite a while after. Ironically most of the discussion revolved around patents. I vividly remember that he told me that the Rudy head in Funhouse alone has over 100 patents. And he told me about many of the patents he had in his name.
A few months later I saw he was selling these grab-bags of pinball development-related collectibles (schematics, drawings, etc..), so I paid him $400 for one. They were supposed to be hand picked by him, and each order would be different in what it contained. Perfect for any pinball enthusiast. I was going to give it to my friend Steve Marsh for his Birthday, as he was a huge fan of his. 4 months, and 10 excuses later, I still hadn't gotten what I paid for, and only got my money back after I threatened to report it to Paypal.
In all fairness, he did tack an additional $10 (maybe $20) on to the refund, unrequested by me, for my troubles. I can only assume that was from later buyers But I also got all the warning I needed to know not to ever give a dime towards his future pinball ventures. So it really turned out to be a great meeting.

Awesome story! Not sure what he had for lunch that day, but he's been stinking up this hobby ever since!

#23944 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

a buddy of mine who has been in the hobby a long time made a FB page for "Deeproot Pinball Fans" that I was invited to about the time it was being revealed. I watched the reveal and followed the prototypes getting played in San Antonio and figured it looked neat so I would buy it. I did see people talking about not supporting JPop because he's a tool, but at that point with the game fully designed and prototypes out, the designer being a clown or the CEO being an egotistical windbag weren't enough to not want to pull the trigger on something that looked different.
There's also literally decades of pinball information in forums like this. I got in quickly and started buying lots of stuff and with the information overload I pretty much just concentrated on games that I wanted. Checked FS posts but didn't really spend any time in the forum section.

Your buddy 86ed that page in the past few months. No longer a fan?

#23945 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Anyway, he did manage to stink it up quite a bit

Jplop

#23946 2 years ago

Johnathon Dropadieuce

#23947 2 years ago

Hard to be a fan of nothing. I actually went to find it when I mentioned it and realized it was gone. It didnt exactly have a lot of activity, but yeah...she's gone.

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Your buddy 86ed that page in the past few months. No longer a fan?

#23948 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Just pointing out to anyone who says they never planned on making pinball machines look at all the lumber in that photo.
That’s a lot of friggen empty cabinets…

I'm pretty sure that is King Cabinet Co. in Elmhurst, IL. They make arcade game cabinets for Sega/Sammy.

#23949 2 years ago

It should be named what RM hopes his cell mates use on him in prison: Astroglide.

#23950 2 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

I bet Iceman loves that carwash
He prepays it years out

Buy and hold forever. Add more funds periodically, stay the course. A great Fiduciary right there.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 479 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/479?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.