Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 468 of 672.
#23351 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

JJP has to be pretty relieved with this Deeproot diversion right now. They may not even need the premium package from reputationdefender.com to negate the problems their shitty playfields, I mean customer inflicted damage has, caused to their stellar reputation....

That and when it comes down to it they will liquidate all assets/tech to compensate investors. I’m sure there was some good developed by deeproot other companies might want to pick up.

#23352 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

That and when it comes down to it they will liquidate all assets/tech to compensate investors. I’m sure there was some good developed by deeproot other companies might want to pick up.

Some good …what? It doesn’t seem like they ever made anything except 3 Pinbars

#23353 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Dear God no! Noooooooooooo!

There is nothing left. It was all spent on salaries. Let Ice and Yellow bid on the 2 prototypes... Victims will get pennies on the dollar if they're lucky.

Robert's personal property is an easier target. Lot easier to sell a house than a pinball concept.

#23354 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

No one will want that toxic waste, trash, and Torah-sized tomes of boring pinball rules.

#23355 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

If he did a design for a reputable company I would (aka Spooky). But this would never happen because he’s poison at this point. Also I like to see him walk away for good because I want my 90’s JPOP pins to keep increasing in value due to the fact they are the last he will ever do and tied to the craziest pinball designer of all time

which is all the more reason for CGC to revisit the JPOP years. TOMr, TOTANr and CVr should be released immediately after CCr. Unfortunately TOMr is the only one of those three titles confirmed to be coming by Planetary. The other two are assumed will occur.

#23356 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:Yeah I don’t know all the facts .... It’s also why I didn’t take any “refund” money in the first place, we knew where it was coming from.

Who is we? You said "I" didn't take a refund because "we" knew where the money was coming from.

You didn't know ALL the facts, but you knew more than others, but just decided not to share where the money was coming from? Would've been a nice heads up to people who had deposits down.

#23357 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Dear God no! Noooooooooooo!
There is nothing left. It was all spent on salaries. Let Ice and Yellow bid on the 2 prototypes... Victims will get pennies on the dollar if they're lucky.
Robert's personal property is an easier target. Lot easier to sell a house than a pinball concept.

The 2 prototypes are probably gone too. Probably given to an employee or two in exchange for partial remuneration of pay they never got.

There isn't squat left.

#23358 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

The 2 prototypes are probably gone too. Probably given to an employee or two in exchange for partial remuneration of pay they never got.
There isn't squat left.

Looks like there were lots of pins in the break room

#23359 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

When ever the photo was taken. Those probably disappeared too when they vacated the building.

#23360 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

$58 million worth?

#23361 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

$58 million worth?

more like $60M worth counting PPP loans.

#23362 2 years ago

All that's left is probably a refrigerator with spoiled food inside and a bunch of garbage.

#23363 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

$58 million worth?

Maybe the microwave wall?

microwave-oven (resized).jpgmicrowave-oven (resized).jpg
#23364 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No one will want that toxic waste, trash, and Torah-sized tomes of boring pinball rules.

Steve Bowden's RAZA writing was garbage.

And just because Lymon Sheets is a top player that doesn't mean all top players are going to be Coding Rule Gods.

#23365 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Let Ice and Yellow bid on the 2 prototypes... Victims will get pennies on the dollar if they're lucky.

IMG_20210823_005354 (resized).jpgIMG_20210823_005354 (resized).jpg
#23366 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

And just because Lymon Sheets is a top player that doesn't mean all top players are going to be Coding Rule Gods.

Not to mention Steve DOESN’T CODE! Lyman writes & programs. Steve was just writing books of things - they were going to outsource the programming to some rando non-pin people.

#23367 2 years ago

I kind of agree that I don't it was 100% scam from the start but doesn't matter. What a disgrace. I don't know how people like RM can sleep at night. Don't think it helps for people to say I told you so and blame other pinsiders. Hopefully they can be some kind of resolution for investors that lost good money.

#23368 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not to mention Steve DOESN’T CODE! Lyman writes & programs. Steve was just writing books of things - they were going to outsource the programming to some rando non-pin people.

I'll be curious, when the dust settles, to hear Steve's story. How what appeared to be some sort of dream job turned into a nightmare. Even the idea of "creating rules for pinball games" as a dream assignment turned into a "make work" of trying to justify his paychecks with extended writing about RAZA that was of no value to anyone.

#23369 2 years ago

Shouldn't deeprootfunds.com be mandated to be shutdown by order from the SEC if there's an investigation into fraud? Like you know, to prevent some new person from losing all their money to Robert as well?

#23370 2 years ago

I am new to pinball since 2019 and even I knew enough to stay far away from this company.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/08/21/game-over-for-deeproot-pinball/

#23371 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'll be curious, when the dust settles, to hear Steve's story.

+

Please do not bash the good people who have developed games at Deeprroot. Who knows how great games it could have been.

I am sure we will hear some good gossip from inside the company. People frustrated and unleashed.

#23372 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Please do not bash the good people who have developed games at Deeprroot. Who knows how great games it could have been.

Besides jpop, I haven't heard of any bashing of the employees. I don't begrudge any of them from taking a regular paycheck. From what I understand, a lot of pinball work is "contract" so to have a regular paycheck for years was a gift. Even if we now have learned who actually funded that.

#23373 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Besides jpop, I haven't heard of any bashing of the employees.

Quoted from benheck:

#23374 2 years ago

I'm bashing his writing. Not him as a person.

#23375 2 years ago

Why is this still a thing?

Screenshot_20210822-111615_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210822-111615_Chrome (resized).jpg
#23376 2 years ago

Next Deeproot delay announcement: It's the SEC's fault.

#23377 2 years ago

Now I’ll never know the 3 first ever mechs on Nordman’s Machine Age.

#23378 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Why is this still a thing?
[quoted image]

I'm betting Robert doesn't have access to take it down and no one else could be arsed to at this point.

The domain expires next March, in case anyone wants to start planning for a fun parody site.

#23379 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#23380 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

15 minutes of this douchebag reinventing the box for non-existant games he'll never ship.
Can't wait for the documentary.

Ha! They redefined the pinball ownership experience alright! You own it but can’t play it, because it doesn’t exist! You experience NOTHING!

#23381 2 years ago

Well I think the issue of whether or not deep root ever actually acquired the rights to make “The who” or “The Goonies” has been settled.

(They didn’t)

#23382 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Ha! They redefined the pinball ownership experience alright! You own it but can’t play it, because it doesn’t exist! You experience NOTHING!

And how many times when transporting a NIB in the outdated cardboard box style of packaging do you pull over to ensure that the machine is still stable inside the box? Oh, never? Ok. Well, you should do that with the PinPod because…innovation.

#23383 2 years ago

Just remember that if it wasn't for all the negativity here, Deeproot would have been a huge success. This is all our fault for bashing Deeproot.

#23384 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Just remember that if it wasn't for all the negativity here, Deeproot would have been a huge success. This is all our fault for bashing Deeproot.

I could see some people sitting down for Robert’s pitch deck, then doing some very light googling and finding this dumpster fire. That might have stopped some money coming in

Maybe don’t name all your fraudulent companies basically the same thing? Kinda brings up all the garbage at once…

#23385 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I could see some people sitting down for Robert’s pitch deck, then doing some very light googling and finding this dumpster fire. That might have stopped some money coming in
Maybe don’t name all your fraudulent companies basically the same thing? Kinda brings up all the garbage at once…

But it was such an awesome name it just couldn’t be contained to one scam company.

From the stupid name to the buttplug logo to the obnoxious asshole running all of it to the shitty game they designed with the dumb ramp you couldn’t make to the moronic pinbar gimmick.....

Wow, it was a all such a doozy, wasn’t it? No wonder people kept sending him money. He really got the zeitgeist we saw during that particular flashpoint in time, and reaped untold scam profits for himself and his family from the kind of bullshit people across the entire country were buying into.

A blustery "self-made" asshole selling nothing but bullshit and tons of people buying in...that’s so 2016!!

#23386 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But it was such an awesome name it just couldn’t be contained to one scam company.
From the stupid name to the buttplug logo to the obnoxious asshole running all of it to the shitty game they designed with the dumb ramp you couldn’t make to the moronic pinbar gimmick.....
Wow, it was a all such a doozy, wasn’t it? No wonder people kept sending him money. He really got the zeitgeist we saw during that particular flashpoint in time, and the kind of bullshit people across the entire country were buying into.

Anyone that sent money after the PinPod reveal.

#23388 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Anyone that sent money after the PinPod reveal.

Yep. I donated to Kaneda.

#23389 2 years ago

I will never forget when Levi described the PinPod video, likening it to an Office episode. It was spot on and brought it all into focus for me.

#23390 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yep. I donated to Kaneda.

Ahem. Brenda.

#23391 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I will never forget when Levi described the Pinpod video, likening it to an Office episode. It was spot on and brought it all into focus for me.

The slack jawed stares of the lucky VIP Six said it all really, along with the complete lack of self-awareness from Robert Michael Scott.

#23392 2 years ago
Quoted from LamF:

this ish is for sale for something like 5m right now any takers?

I don't see any Stern toppers on any of those pins in the pictures, so the building+contents is only worth ~ $250,000 from what I can tell.

#23393 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The slack jawed stares of the lucky VIP Six said it all really, along with the complete lack of self-awareness from Robert Michael Scott.

I'm really sad to think we'll never get more of this type of content from Robert. He's just so effortlessly cringe and hilarious.

#23394 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Belovac vacuum former in their shop when they have the auction? You guys would at least get some needed pinball ramps out of this mess.

Given the quality of your products and the awesome way you run your business, I really hope you get that vacuum former!

#23395 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I'm really sad to think we'll never get more of this type of content from Robert. He's just so effortlessly cringe and hilarious.

I mean if the audio transcripts of the courtroom proceedings are made public, that might be entertaining.

#23396 2 years ago

Who wants to break the news to them?

https://www.rs-pinball.at/produkt/pre-order-raza-retro-atomic-zombie-adventure-land-xtra-edition/

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 7.45.08 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-22 at 7.45.08 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-22 at 7.45.19 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-22 at 7.45.19 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-22 at 7.46.53 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-22 at 7.46.53 AM (resized).png
#23397 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I mean if the audio transcripts of the courtroom proceedings are made public, that might be entertaining.

For the sake of justice and transparency, only a live stream will do.

#23398 2 years ago

Hey, guys...I hate to (kinda) go off topic here, but does anybody notice that RM's face is too small for his head, or are my meds wearing off?

Or maybe I've just been watching too many cartoons...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#23399 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, guys...I hate to (kinda) go off topic here, but does anybody notice that RM's face is too small for his head, or are my meds wearing off?
Or maybe I've just been watching too many cartoons... [quoted image]

I was thinking about making it smaller and seeing if anyone noticed

#23400 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Or maybe I've just been watching too many cartoons... [quoted image]

His head is definitely too big for his brain, I noticed that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 468 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/468?hl=emspence and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.