View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 464 of 672.
#23151 2 years ago
Quoted from LamF:

Funny thing… even though none of this is funny… it seems to have been listed for sale July 2nd….

It's been up before that. Practical question: Does it make it harder or easier to sell a property with a single full-building tenant who has no money and under investigation by the SEC?

#23152 2 years ago

What does this make it for J Pop, 0 for 22 years now?

#23153 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What does this make it for J Pop, 0 for 22 years now?

Yeah CV & TOTAN just went up in value as his last 2 and final pins

#23154 2 years ago
5kd1pu (resized).jpg5kd1pu (resized).jpg
#23155 2 years ago

ANYONE KNOW THE REFUND HOTLINE NUMBER?

#23156 2 years ago

So can we assume the reason Robert deleted some online things and not others isn't because he didn't know how (at least, not primarily), but because the feds told him to cut it out?

#23157 2 years ago

Congrats to jimwe5t from this Dec. 2019 post. You appear to be the first that called Deeproot out as appearing to be a Ponzi:

Quoted from jimwe5t:

If DP doesn’t have all the markings of a Ponzi scheme, I don’t know what does.
1. Instead of Jpop messing with early adopters money: DP instead is messing with investors money. To date not Manufactering a thing, except showing an old prototype that was probably mostly done when JPop began working on RAZA 8 years ago. Can’t believe that is all they have to show for DPs 5 years of effort.
2. Working on a dozen prototypes, instead of trying to get game one done and out the door is very fishy. How can any company survive, pay all those people and building/buisness overhead and keep their head above water??? It makes zero sense in the world of business, unless investor money is just being burned through: which appears to be almost reckless abandon.
3. They had to show something to satisfy investors, so they showed a prototype game and pushed launch date back again. To date, there has only been Robert shooting his mouth off about how DP will change the industry. And now, saying he is losing interest in pinball, which smacks of a Ponzi scheme running out of things to tell people. All the while, putting their money into the hype train chain letter.
We in the pinball world are willing to believe DP is going to change pinball for the better, because DP promises more pinball, quality, etc.; all for less money. Seems to good to be true. We will find out next year, end of March, unless they move the date again.

#23158 2 years ago

I suppose there's no harm now putting this back up

deeprootstaff-shutdown (resized).pngdeeprootstaff-shutdown (resized).png
#23159 2 years ago

But wait! Will he be disbarred?
Robert is a clever lawyer who will represent himself against these malicious allegations.
Of course with his intellect he will be on death row.

Goodbye mr. mueller. You don’t deserve capitol letters, just capitol punishment.

And another added to the pinball walk of shame. Maybe he and Kulek can share a cell. They’ll love his husky tenderloin in there.

#23160 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

capitol punishment.

C'mon man.

#23161 2 years ago
5kd32u (resized).jpeg5kd32u (resized).jpeg
#23162 2 years ago

I need to retheme mine now with a pinbar

#23163 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I just pictured Doug in his Jack Daniels golf cart, yelling at people and shaking his fist as he plays the back nine in reverse order.

Sorry Kim, that must have been diarrhea inducing.

#23164 2 years ago

Meanwhile in JPOPS mind.

#23165 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:Hey has Robert been outed as Mormon yet?
Yup. He's Mormon.

Oh damn! You mean wives one and two are still there!?

#23166 2 years ago

https://deeprootfunds.com/

Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 9.45.39 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-21 at 9.45.39 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-21 at 9.45.48 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-21 at 9.45.48 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-21 at 9.45.57 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-21 at 9.45.57 AM (resized).png
#23167 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Congrats to jimwe5t from this Dec. 2019 post. You appear to be the first that called Deeproot out as appearing to be a Ponzi:

All that same stuff was called out years earlier when RM announced his goodwill offers with his non-sense about so many titles, mystical manufacturing abilities, improbable deadlines, etc.

The only thing really new of late is the confirmation that RM was co-mingling, confirmation that he was using the fund to fund pinball (which he never confirmed prior), and the confirmation RM was struggling to make his fund payments back to the investors. All the 'signs' about projection and impossible numbers were called out years ago... then the defenders just argued "but there is no pre-order money!!" But that too was not really accurate as RM has tried to lure people to upgrade their RAZA credit with fresh money in the goodwill deal. And then of course in 2020 he outright took pre-order money.

#23168 2 years ago

So long and thanks for all the memes

#23169 2 years ago

The signs were all there…

EFE17116-D73A-4065-AD8C-FD1A3D104507 (resized).jpegEFE17116-D73A-4065-AD8C-FD1A3D104507 (resized).jpeg
#23170 2 years ago
greatest-hits (resized).jpggreatest-hits (resized).jpg
#23171 2 years ago

Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 9.47.47 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-21 at 9.47.47 AM (resized).png

lots of experience and observation opportunities coming up!

#23172 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Oh damn! You mean wives one and two are still there!?

I know he had just divorced a wife in 2015 for getting, and I quote, "too ugly". So not sure if that was the first or second one? Did he squeeze off a third since then? Would explain his massive weight gain.

#23173 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

All that same stuff was called out years earlier when RM announced his goodwill offers with his non-sense about so many titles, mystical manufacturing abilities, improbable deadlines, etc.
The only thing really new of late is the confirmation that RM was co-mingling, confirmation that he was using the fund to fund pinball (which he never confirmed prior), and the confirmation RM was struggling to make his fund payments back to the investors. All the 'signs' about projection and impossible numbers were called out years ago... then the defenders just argued "but there is no pre-order money!!" But that too was not really accurate as RM has tried to lure people to upgrade their RAZA credit with fresh money in the goodwill deal. And then of course in 2020 he outright took pre-order money.

It was the earliest I could find with the Ponzi accusation. Some others I could find mentioned Ponzi but did not say deeproot was probably doing a Ponzi.

#23174 2 years ago

I wonder if I can snatch up that Belovac vacuum former in their shop when they have the auction? You guys would at least get some needed pinball ramps out of this mess.

#23175 2 years ago

You forgot Kulek.

#23176 2 years ago

benheck - I think it’s safe to have story time.

I’m thinking RM is going to be a bit busy with other things for the foreseeable future.

#23177 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

no, just lots of speculation after the social media stuff happened. Nothing official.

I’m guessing today’s news is probably more speculation after the SEC stuff happened. Nothing official

#23178 2 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

Why are there so many pieces of crap trying to steal our money? What a non-surprising turd.

Like taking candy from a baby.

#23179 2 years ago

Deeproot.jpgDeeproot.jpg

#23181 2 years ago

So Ben, are you comfortable telling us stories yet?

#23183 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

So, this gave me a great idea of how I can feel better about getting taken. You know how you can send places $50, and they'll give you a certificate that you own a star or something?
I want a certificate that tells me exactly what my jpop/deeproot money went toward.
If I could get a certificate saying my money paid for the open bar at wife #3's wedding, at least I could have something to cherish.

Would it be acceptable if your money paid for the Open Bar "in Book Form"?

#23184 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It was the earliest I could find with the Ponzi accusation. Some others I could find mentioned Ponzi but did not say deeproot was probably doing a Ponzi.

The label wasn't used - because no one saw this as a way to make money for himself (or other investors) through attracting new buyers, but rather needing the money to keep the unsustainable going. (new money to pay off old debts). Ponzis usually are a scheme to make money... tho many fall into the same behavior to try to keep their sinking ship afloat. I think RM was more the latter... But just my opinion...

I don't think anyone called the embezzlement angle....

#23185 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

So am I.
Got a problem?
Substitute "Mormon" for "homosexual", "Korean" or "Jew" and you be considered an ignorant bigot.

I'm glad that someone responded to Ben's post before I did.

#23186 2 years ago

I mean there’s a big difference between poking fun at religious traditions via a musical and Ben basically implying that Mormons are criminals, which was the gist of his “I’m outing him as a Mormon”. It was in poor taste. Mormons don’t get to control what other Mormons do. Bernie Madoff was Jewish but it doesn’t matter, his actions are completely unrelated to that fact and bringing it up as something to “out” someone is shitty

#23187 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Ben basically implying that Mormons are criminals, which was the gist of his “I’m outing him as a Mormon”

Not what I took from the comment at all... but rather more a 'outting of secrets'. The Morman label has all kinds of stigmas/stereotypes (not saying they are justified - just the associations are out there)... I don't think 'criminal' is any of them. He may have been more playing on the many wives bit...

#23188 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't think anyone called the embezzlement angle....

I did.

#23189 2 years ago

Patents for sale get ur Patents

#23190 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Breaking news!
Announcing new dates for the 5 days of deeproot!
New venue!
Don’t worry, the event wil still be in our home town of San Antonio… but now at the much larger western district court of the US!
Dates will be set soon… but will be in the first half of 2022!
Book your seats!

Has the Federal courthouse solved their parking issues? Asking for a fellow pinsider.....

#23191 2 years ago

To be fair - your first post in this thread was 22 days ago... not exactly early forecasting there

#23192 2 years ago
51683700-34E3-4DCA-9585-8709B2AB5EF8.jpeg51683700-34E3-4DCA-9585-8709B2AB5EF8.jpeg
#23193 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm just saying I bet he has a large stash from this whole ordeal. Probably hidden deep in the roots.

This. Called it.

#23194 2 years ago

Promised Chris to talk on his podcast.

Going to be Zidware + theories, then Deeproot origins when he tried to buy Spooky for $0 in 2015.

The rest is up to the employees.

#23195 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

To be fair - your first post in this thread was 22 days ago... not exactly early forecasting there

True, but still called it

I know bob's type.

Stay away from Bob.

#23196 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I mean there’s a big difference between poking fun at religious traditions via a musical and Ben basically implying that Mormons are criminals, which was the gist of his “I’m outing him as a Mormon”. It was in poor taste. Mormons don’t get to control what other Mormons do. Bernie Madoff was Jewish but it doesn’t matter, his actions are completely unrelated to that fact and bringing it up as something to “out” someone is shitty

Eh, Mormon history is wacky as hell. I don’t think Ben was accusing Mormons of being criminals. Just “out there”. For the record, I think a lot of Christian mythology is unbelievable too. Doesn’t mean Mormons or Christians are bad people.

The Mormon organization is also quite secretive, so maybe Ben was also alluding to that? I think it’s a big stretch to call Ben a bigot.

#23197 2 years ago

Please, everybody, stop with the religion talk. Just stop.

#23198 2 years ago

This is precisely why paragraph #49 is so significant. By reciting the events in paragraph #49, the SEC gratuitously included evidence of criminal intent in its complaint, which seeks civil penalties.

The allegations here go beyond the unlawful price manipulations of securities, dubious misuse of funds or breach of fiduciary duty. They involve intentional disgorgement, misappropriation and fraud. Paragraph #49, in my view, is a signal to a criminal prosecution in the future.

#23199 2 years ago

Does anyone have a better image file than this? I think this saga deserves a shirt or two…

9523F185-FB3E-4AA6-A62B-5F7371378350 (resized).png9523F185-FB3E-4AA6-A62B-5F7371378350 (resized).png

#23200 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Please, everybody stop with the religion conversation. Just stop.[quoted image]

I'm way more into discussing why he traded in a wife or two for not looking good enough, when he looks like a Blimpie mascot himself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 464 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/464?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.