Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 462 of 672.
#23051 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

So you KNEW.
You KNEW he was stealing money from his funds to give refunds??

Its just his latest deflection. Go back to his posts - he didn’t even claim with certainty where pinball’s money came from…. Just basically said maybe…

He told us a thousand times he believed in the game and could afford any loss…. That’s why he didn’t take a refund. Same with so many other believers…. They thought the upside was bigger than the money they had tied up. They all wanted their exclusive game they thought was loss-proof because it’s special and rare.

Don’t believe the hindsight- there is plenty of history here in ghe thread until the faithful go back and start deleting stuff

#23053 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Bernie didn't start off with bad intentions either.

Everybody who makes any kind of implication like this is still under the thrall of a con man.

This was a con from day 1. By the time he made his first obnoxious interview to Pinball News, he was already stealing money from little old ladies.

#23054 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody who makes any kind of implication like this is still under the thrall of a con man.
This was a con from day 1. By the time he made his first obnoxious interview to Pinball News, he was already stealing money from little old ladies.

I was being sarcastic. This was a complete con job.

#23055 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

I was being sarcastic. This was a complete con job.

I have a feeling Ice isn't being sarcastic!

#23056 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Its just his latest deflection. Go back to his posts - he didn’t even claim with certainty where pinball’s money came from…. Just basically said maybe…
He told us a thousand times he believed in the game and could afford any loss…. That’s why he didn’t take a refund. Same with so many other believers…. They thought the upside was bigger than the money they had tied up. They all wanted their exclusive game they thought was loss-proof because it’s special and rare.
Don’t believe the hindsight- there is plenty of history here in ghe thread until the faithful go back and start deleting stuff

Makes me wonder if he was involved as a silent partner. Yikes!

#23057 2 years ago

The good news for Robert is that once he's sent to prison, his legal skills will come in handy. Jailhouse lawyers are always in high demand from other inmates.

Of course, the pay won't be what he's used to.

D225A72F-4B21-4573-B100-95EB1DF91E87_4_5005_c (resized).jpegD225A72F-4B21-4573-B100-95EB1DF91E87_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
#23058 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Rm is a train wreck of a human being. He's a narcissistic POS. I have lost money on this. Again my fault. I take responsibility for that. No one in there right mind will touch this again. Unless it's a RM clone with a giant ego that thinks this is easy.

#23059 2 years ago

Did Iceman's cowboy cigar chomping emoji break?

#23060 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah I don’t know all the facts … !

Oh brother, you can say that again.

#23061 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

No one in there right mind will touch this again. Unless it's a RM clone with a giant ego that thinks this is easy.

I have classified info that there are secret groups working on stuff... But this may be just a pipe dream.

#23062 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

So you KNEW.
You KNEW he was stealing money from his funds to give refunds???
That is why you are hated here. You fucked a lot of people while hiding what was really going on.
No defense for this. PERIOD!

F off w that BS

If I knew he was stealing money like Jpop did early on I would have gone after him right then.

I lost out like some other big boys did.

I rolled the dice. Plain and simple. It didn’t work out.

While you can be thrilled it went against me I don’t care, it’s really not a happy dance day for the “investors” and what’s coming next. That part I care about

#23063 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

F off w that BS
If I knew he was stealing money like Jpop did early on I would have gone after him right then.
I lost out like some other big boys did.
I rolled the dice. Plain and simple. It didn’t work out.
While you can be thrilled it went against me I don’t care, it’s really not a happy dance day for the “investors” and what’s coming next. That part I care about

I'm not happy. Vindicated, yes.

#23064 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I've been avoiding the "sewer" thread, but I guess it's time to dive in. So, I'll cross-post what I put in the "pre-order" thread and take my licks...
Does anyone have a bridge to sell me? You don't even need a compelling sales pitch, apparently.
I'm an original Zidware customer, burned by Jpop. I decided to gamble on deeproot. Went for it with the Xtra. Figured even if I didn't like it, it was rare and I could sell it for a modest profit as compensation for my pain and suffering. Whoops!
I'm pissed, but whatever. I'd be REALLY pissed if I didn't realize it was a gamble I decided to take (could be read as my ignorance).
So anyway. Idiot alert! Send me your hugely expensive scams, I'm sure I'll bite.
Paging any Princes from Nigeria - I'll pay you cash for that check you can't cash.

You're a good egg. I'm sorry that you got taken.

I wish certain other people shared your humility and self reflection.

#23065 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm not happy. Vindicated, yes.

And I have no idea how a trained lawyer couldn't see this coming a mile away. Scary.

#23066 2 years ago

So it official now, deeproot is dead..

And iceman's credibility is now less than zero...

#23067 2 years ago

The most significant paragraph in the SEC's complaint is #49, in my opinion. That paragraph is designed to establish that Robert Mueller possessed the requisite mens rea, the criminal intent upon which a conviction is predicated.

Here's the Simon & Garfunkel version of the SEC filing:

Hide it in a hiding place
where no one ever goes.
Put it in a pinpod with cupcakes.
It's a little secret just a PPM affair.
Most of all you've got to hide it from the threads.

Koo-koo-ka-choo, Mr. deeprootman.
Goonies love you more than you will know.
Whoa, whoa, whoa.
God bless you please, Mr. Pinbarman.
Rikers holds a place for those who stray.
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey.
Screenshot_20210821-093223_OneDrive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210821-093223_OneDrive (resized).jpg

#23068 2 years ago

"I'm the most detested person on this pinball website!" Frank Furhter; rgp Pinball

"Hold my beer" Iceman44; Pinside

#23069 2 years ago

This is a civil case, not criminal. No jail. Read the "Prayer for Relief" to see what they are asking for as remedy.

Wife #2 feeling pretty good right now.

#23070 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

This is a civil case, not criminal. No jail. Read the "Prayer for Relief" to see what they are asking for as remedy.
Wife #2 feeling pretty good right now.

I'm out on this thread. Got my pm from ice to f off, so I better.

It's an unforeseen legal issue....

#23071 2 years ago

Iceman must have gotten a promise of points on his investment or something lol

#23072 2 years ago

Once this invariably leads into a PPP loan investigation. Prison time.

#23073 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Here are the 5 Positive Things About Deeproot we can reflect on:
1. Robert reimbursed money lost from Popadiuk‘s business failure to people who got burned not receiving their machines.
2. Deeproot has a collaborative mindset dream team of experienced designers/engineers that made awesome games in the past that we loved as kids and enthralled us into that magical experience what got us into pinball in the first place.
3. Deeproot has Steven Bowden employed with rules and code development in a collaborative team of experts in the industry.
4. Deeproot has a huge manufacturing facility ready to produce games.
5. Deeproot has its own animation department to develop original stories and themes to go along with the games.

I posted this 22 months ago. Wow, how things have changed for the worst.

So I will take it like a man and realize I was wrong having my hope in Deep Root. They were a scam from the very beginning. All of you having negative opinions about Deep Root were correct and I was wrong. So now I will redo the post as a reality check.

5 negative things about Deeproot.

1. Robert took money from investors and spent the funds on personal matters. What a crook!!! He also had people lose out on a game that will never get produced.

2. Robert fooled the best pinball designers to produce absolutely nothing except titles that were ludicrous to begin with. JPOP was a huge mistake!!

3. Steven Bowden was scammed in his hopes and dreams to code RAZA realizing it would never get played by anyone. Feel really sorry for him.

4. Deep Root has a huge manufacturing facility that has produced nothing with empty wasted space.

5. Deeproot had beautiful animations and talented animators who should have stayed at their previous jobs.

Deep Root is dead with deep root pockets in deep shit. It is over! Time to finally drain this convoluting thread into the cesspool of toxic posts and wasted time. Goodbye Deep Root!

Hello Stern, Spooky, American Pinball, and Chicago Gaming Company!!!!!

#23074 2 years ago

49. In or around March 2020, Mueller drafted and issued a document to investors that
he titled “deeproot Family of Companies - Investment Portfolio Narrative 2020.B2.” In a section
of the document describing the pinball venture, Mueller described why he focused on
investments – like deeproot Pinball – instead of just life policies, writing: “The downfall of
these companies (and strategy) wasn’t really because of the life policies themselves. It instead
was due to the company’s CHOICE of how to deal with the weaknesses. In nearly every case,
the company chose to LEVERAGE (i.e., either borrow capital at high rates on the open
marketing [sic], or Ponzi-scheme proceeds) against future maturities.”

Despite these statements, Mueller was doing exactly what he railed against other companies for
doing – making Ponzi-like payments and borrowing money in order to pay “returns” to investors."

#23075 2 years ago

I'm not keeping score or nothing but isn't that kind of what you're saying here?

Quoted from iceman44:

It’s also why I didn’t take any “refund” money in the first place, we knew where it was coming from and not Robert himself.

#23076 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

The most significant paragraph in the SEC's complaint is #49, in my opinion.

Hahaha.

Great minds. You beat me by a few minutes!

#23077 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The pinball money is a pittance by comparison. It’s also why I didn’t take any “refund” money in the first place, we knew where it was coming from and not Robert himself.

You fucking knew? Wow, definition of a slimy lawyer seems to fit here.

#23078 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I think there should be a Twipy for this thread. ZMeny

I double down on this ZMeny

#23079 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So which wedding (or divorce) funded with investor money would you pinpoint as the moment he stepped over the line?

So, this gave me a great idea of how I can feel better about getting taken. You know how you can send places $50, and they'll give you a certificate that you own a star or something?

I want a certificate that tells me exactly what my jpop/deeproot money went toward.

If I could get a certificate saying my money paid for the open bar at wife #3's wedding, at least I could have something to cherish.

#23080 2 years ago

Wait, Deeproot was a scam all along?!!! Who saw this coming? Totally blindsided by this!! It seemed SO real the first few years of getting nothing!

noway (resized).pngnoway (resized).png
#23082 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m off to play some golf now while you spend all day here breaking it down for us

I just pictured Doug in his Jack Daniels golf cart, yelling at people and shaking his fist as he plays the back nine in reverse order.

#23083 2 years ago

Im disappointed in the post count after such a major bombshell. Is it Saturday? Or is it everyone had finally cone to terms with the shamster except a few?

Bring on the auction!

#23084 2 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

So it official now, deeproot is dead..
And iceman's credibility is now less than zero...

Subtract a little more: he's now squelching on delivering the court documents for Robert's other cases 21 days into August. Disappointing.

#23085 2 years ago

Challenge to iceman44

Ok, time for you to turn your image here around and put your so called "money" where your mouth is as you have alluded to.

Take your fortune, purchase the carcass of Deeproot, and get the 130 games built as promised. The depositors get to be made whole with a machine. Obviously the list is available.

You do this and I will buy a machine to auction off to benefit a charity of your choice.

#23086 2 years ago

I wonder if they at least got past UL certification?

#23087 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Challenge to iceman44
Ok, time for you to turn your image here around and put your so called "money" where your mouth is as you have alluded to.
Take your fortune, purchase the carcass of Deeproot, and get the 130 games built as promised. The depositors get to be made whole with a machine. Obviously the list is available.
You do this and I will buy a machine to auction off to benefit a charity of your choice.

8644D604-DC79-49C3-A69B-CEDD11731228.gif8644D604-DC79-49C3-A69B-CEDD11731228.gif

#23088 2 years ago

So is this day 1 or day 5?

#23089 2 years ago

Remember the story about the Dale car? Once DR had nothing to show beyond their wooden car and starting throwing out excuses, I thought it would be obvious to all.

#23090 2 years ago
5kcsn2.jpg5kcsn2.jpg
#23091 2 years ago

Maybe they really did use Robert's minority report machine to catch him after all.

Silver lining: now a real company can put out Title TBD.

#23092 2 years ago

This hobby is so fucking strange.

#23093 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

There is only one problem with deeproot IMO... words are free, hype is free, everything they have given us has been free so far... gobble gobble gobble... its all just words darling, creating a buzz and so far, depending on what camp you are in, this is either the buzz of the flys circling the shit storm, or its the buzz of something great on the horizon, not sure which is the true reality anymore. I want pinball to succeed, just not sure deeproot has the answers.
So they are burning $75k a month right now (according to their mouthpiece) to generate a buzz (if nothing else) and they are missing their first big promised reveal at TPF... and JPop is associated with this whole thing, and you don't think it is time to start reading the writting on the wall, the tea leaves in the cup, and smell the dookie wafting up from between your toes? Because if you have put any money into this adventure, you may have stepped into a big stinking pile of god knows what.
Time will tell, but thats kind of a hollow overused statement in the pinball industry.

Amazing skills of prognostication....

#23094 2 years ago

Hey has Robert been outed as Mormon yet?

Yup. He's Mormon.

#23095 2 years ago

deepshirt.jpgdeepshirt.jpg

#23096 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hey has Robert been outed as Mormon yet?
Yup. He's Mormon.

He's soon to have no wives.

#23097 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

This hobby is so fucking strange.

....just the people, my friend...just the people...

#23098 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Oh he will have a whole new kind of wife in the klink, but they may be calling him the bitch instead...

#23099 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Oh he'll have some. In prison.

#23100 2 years ago

I wonder if Pinside might be referenced as evidence in the SEC’s case?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 462 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/462?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.