Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 460 of 672.
#22951 2 years ago

How long until someone in the other thread pulls out the tried and true "Fake news!".

#22952 2 years ago

There might be about 2 or 3 guys there that think there still might be hope. Goofy.

#22953 2 years ago

Ok, I was there for the RM "perp walk" of JPop into Expo... Can't wait to see who gets to actually perp walk RM to jail.

#22954 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I saw there is a SEC document against Deeproot, I guess it's possible that the defendants are found not guilty? If so, is it possible that RAZA's still get made, and we might see them on location later this year?

Is this phase “denial” or “bargaining?”

#22955 2 years ago

If you take a couple steps back, it’s truly bonkers that we’re discussing SEC litigation in a “Boutique Pinball” subforum.

#22956 2 years ago

Hey is my RAZA done yet?
I am kinda waiting really long now

#22957 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Ok. I'll say what everyone is thinking.(and saying in a much nicer tone)
How can people be so fucking stupid to believe it's going to happen.
It's laughable. deeproot is dead. It is squished liked a big on the windshield.
It's over.

I finally lost my shit and posted this, two posts before the reveal of the SEC post.

I feel vindicated for using such strong language.

I said all along Bob was personally using funds and paying himself.

My intuition is spot on again. Rest in pieces deeproot

#22958 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

There's some serious petard hoisting on page 11. Robert's insistence that he and only he is in charge of and responsible for everything might not be such a good thing, after all.

“Designed the IT systems”, performed the “clerical work”. Hoo boy. What a guy.

1,2,3 graphic ripe for an update
https://deeprootfunds.com/
[quoted image]

A Ferrari at KIA prices

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Do you think the handful of people in the RAZA preorder thread will still be in denial and think they are going to get games ? Or does this convince them it isn't happening. This really isn't a big surprise.
Yeah - RM " we have some legal stuff to clear up" or whatever he said on the last update.

What do you think?

I'm just ashamed I never found MB Hale Ohana Revocable Trust (though its online presence amounts to only this SEC doc). Familiar with all of the other entities named. Sorry for those I let down.

If a playable RAZA ever manages to make its way into someone’s home, it better freaking feature “Hale Ohana Revocable Trust” multi-ball!

So for something like this, he cuts a plea deal and ends up in prison for how long?

Depends. Did the Sackler’s include him on their immunity list?

#22959 2 years ago

so iceman, tell me again how that deepfunds 575 works again? oh its a funnel to squander money? got it

#22960 2 years ago

Update suggestion for RAZA game code

Ponzi multiball. Where you use newest extra balls earned to make up for old extra balls that didn't make it to the launch trough.

#22961 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I saw there is a SEC document against Deeproot, I guess it's possible that the defendants are found not guilty? If so, is it possible that RAZA's still get made, and we might see them on location later this year?

yes ..i know of one that will be on location at the federal district court building

#22962 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:What does Ice buy into next ?

He’s friends with a Nigerian prince that really likes this new proto game called “Blood Diamond”. Ice is in for a Super Lux.

#22963 2 years ago

Hopefully the NDA's are null and void and we hear how deep this well really goes.
Pretty sure we have only scratched the surface.

#22964 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don’t want to pry too much into his personal life, but I hope Bowden is ok (besides the missed paychecks)
I think his love of pinball was exploited to add legitimacy to the operation and it must have been a lot of pressure on him.

But what about poor Barry?

#22965 2 years ago

Schadenfreude in action.

Now, who tipped the SEC? Will there be a whistleblower payout.

Ultimate irony would be it was JPOP awarded a few mil.

#22967 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Hopefully the NDA's are null and void and we hear how deep this well really goes.
Pretty sure we have only scratched the surface.

I highly doubt anyone at the pinball company knows anything about the SEC violations.

#22968 2 years ago

They’re SEC Filings at us SEC Filings at them.

#22969 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

so iceman, tell me again how that deepfunds 575 works again? oh its a funnel to squander money? got it

I know right? Every. Single. Prospectus. I’ve ever read warns that past performance is no indication of future results (unless you’re speaking of Jpop). And yet this 575 mumbo jumbo guarantees a return on investment regardless. Where does the rubber meet the road?

Some of these financial types are just pure shysters, spewing out Bob Loblaw nonsense to the point where people just tune out and assume they know what their talking about because…you know…their wealthy.

When makers become takers…

#22970 2 years ago

He certainly puts the "Rob" into "Robert." (Allegedly)

#22971 2 years ago

Why is this a civil matter instead of a criminal matter? (Serious question--I really don't know. Or am I reading the charge wrong?)

#22972 2 years ago

Listened to a recent podcast hosted by the radio-voiced, politician of pinball, the man who always takes the easy road to shill and support everything and everyone in pinball. Says all the right things, always politically correct and with a little sugar sprinkled on top for good measure. He was making the case that we don’t really know what the status of Deeproot is and let’s all just be nice basically and all-the-while sweeping under the carpet and not mentioning at all on his podcast that DR’s facebook page and linkedin and more have been shut down.

He owes an apology to this community for his unwavering and unbalanced support of DR especially since he was a small part of the project. So easy to be the nice guy in the room and just say what everyone likes to hear.

How much more difficult it is for someone on the outside like Kaneda, who has his good and bad days for sure, but at least speaks what’s really on his mind and doesn’t take the easy road. Maybe we should celebrate those that discuss issues in the open instead of those like RM and others that shill and cover up the truth and just tell you what you’d like to hear, always carefull not to offend.

The shills of this industry bear some responsibility.

#22973 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just so nobody forgets who called it first and when:[quoted image]

I appreciate the sentiment but not exactly happy I was right. A lot of retirees lost a lot of money, and even if they were high net worth individuals, they still didn’t deserve this. And the victims of DR’s preorders, I’m crushed for them too.

Real questions; will the JPOP payouts get clawed back? Will RM take a plea? How, as a lawyer, did he not think this would happen?

#22974 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

How, as a lawyer, did he not think this would happen?

Is it possible he bought into his own bullshit? That his pinball company was going to be a printing press of money?

#22975 2 years ago

Last time I looked into this company I heard JP got hired and figured it was the end of Deeproot.

What titles have they made and where can I play one?

#22976 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I appreciate the sentiment but not exactly happy I was right. A lot of retirees lost a lot of money, and even if they were high net worth individuals, they still didn’t deserve this. And the victims of DR’s preorders, I’m crushed for them too.
Real questions; will the JPOP payouts get clawed back? Will RM take a plea? How, as a lawyer, did he not think this would happen?

I have no idea how this works. Maybe ice can weigh in.

How deep do the tentacles go when they try to claw back the stolen money? Do they go after folks like PAPA or TPF who were unwitting recipients of stolen money? The JPop buy outs like you mentioned? I would think those people are at high risk of some kind of effort to reclaim the stolen money they received to buy them out of the initial JPOP scam.

It’s small potatoes in the scheme of things but who knows. I gladly would have accepted money from RM for NYCPC if he’d offered. If he’d given us the kind of money he gave to the TPF tournament I’d would have been happy to say inane things into a hot mic like “a pinball for every home. A home for every pinball. Deep root.” So let’s just say I’m glad we dodged that bullet.

Personally, I’d be sweating balls if I had ever received a check from deep root in any capacity. Somebody is gonna come looking around for their money.

#22977 2 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

yes ..i know of one that will be on location at the federal district court building

Will exhibit "B" the PinPod(tm) make it through the courtroom door, or will the jurors/judge have to see it in the parking garage?

#22978 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Why is this a civil matter instead of a criminal matter? (Serious question--I really don't know. Or am I reading the charge wrong?)

It is a civil matter -- read the Prayer for Relief at the end. All about returning ill-gotten gains and barring RM from future naughtiness.

Looks like the SEC are going to be proud owners of a few RAZA prototypes.

#22979 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Will exhibit "B" the PinPod(tm) make it through the courtroom door, or will the jurors/judge have to see it in the parking garage?

Really depends on the size of the courtroom door.

crickets-fozzy.gifcrickets-fozzy.gif
#22980 2 years ago

I guess taking down the deeproot funds page and getting rid of all the Facebooks, LinkedIns, and phone numbers wasn't a big nothing burger after all. If someone were under investigation, would the government usually like someone doing that kind of stuff?

At least when you know your name is gonna be in the news you wipe all your stuff so the reporters don’t have an easy go at it.

#22981 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:At least when you know your name is gonna be in the news you wipe all your stuff so the reporters don’t have an easy go at it.

Wait until they get ahold of this thread!

#22982 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don’t want to pry too much into his personal life, but I hope Bowden is ok (besides the missed paychecks)
I think his love of pinball was exploited to add legitimacy to the operation and it must have been a lot of pressure on him.

I agree with everything here, including hoping he's ok. What doesn't make sense is that he went there... was working on the inside... and then went on podcasts and told everyone how amazing everything was.

It doesn't add up. Was he completely blind to the fact that no manufacturing capability existed?? I mean, DeepRoot didn't make him leverage his name and good will to upsell the company, and he's gone completely silent.

#22983 2 years ago

Any idea on how long before this goes to trial? What happens in the meantime -- are injunctions requested to freeze activity, or?

#22984 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

If you take a couple steps back, it’s truly bonkers that we’re discussing SEC litigation in a “Boutique Pinball” subforum.

This is what the 575 fund was all about. The much BIGGER picture.

While you guys are all doing the happy dance, $58 million of investor $$$, placed by their trusted investment advisors, are going to get F Ed for at least some portion of their money.

No one knew how bad the fund was actually performing other than the advisors that were getting those reports.

I suspect all it took was a few disgruntled advisors to start the dominos falling with the SEC. I didn’t think it would happen this soon

For me, I’m happy now that the SEC has gotten involved that the bigger picture fraud was stopped before even more damage could have been done.

It’s still amazing how they even got it up to $58 million from $44 million as last reporting period.

#22985 2 years ago

$60 million / 300 investors -- these are not rich folks. People's life savings were put into this fund hoping to make $30K-40K a year in retirement.

#22986 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

While you guys are all doing the happy dance, $58 million of investor $$$, placed by their trusted investment advisors, are going to get F Ed for at least some portion of their money.
No one knew how bad the fund was actually performing other than the advisors that were getting those reports.
I suspect all it took was a few disgruntled advisors to start the dominos falling with the SEC. I didn’t think it would happen this soon
For me, I’m happy now that the SEC has gotten involved that the bigger picture fraud was stopped before even more damage could have been done.
It’s still amazing how they even got it up to $58 million from $44 million as last reporting period.

Question- knowing this, did you think RAZA games would get pumped out before the curtain fell on the bigger Ponzi scheme?

#22987 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question- knowing this, did you think RAZA games would get pumped out before the curtain fell on the bigger Ponzi scheme?

He wanted his game while knowing it was a house of cards

#22988 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The happy dance is really a result of everyone seeing this for what it was from the begging : a complete and utter scam. It has been called literally thousands of times throughout this thread. What's the dance called for those who gave false hope repeatedly throughout this?

#22989 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

What's the dance called for those who gave false hope repeatedly throughout this?

Exactly

#22990 2 years ago

Somehow worse than I imagined. (though a few weeks back I suggested the SEC could get involved)

This is really bad for the hobby. What if this had happened right before Stern was saved by the angel investors? How will this affect new companies seeking investments and loans? Will existing pinball companies have their PPP loans audited?

Robert is slime.

#22991 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

What's the dance called for those who gave false hope repeatedly throughout this?

iceice (resized).jpgiceice (resized).jpg

#22992 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Somebody go wake up Kim and Ben. It just isn't the same here in the sewer without them two.

I'm home fighting a flu and just woke up after 12 hours of restless sleep. First thing I see is the Deeproot thread had exploded and I need to digest things here a bit after just now finding out. But one thought did occur to me.

I've been puzzled for 10 or 11 months now on why Deeproot asked for the pre-order money at the last minute. It seems now it wasn't enough to screw just the investors and the government. He got in one last dig and screwed his own customers on his way out the door. Pretty shameful.

#22993 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The details in that SEC case are so much bigger than a numbskull screwing up a pinball company.

Can’t wait for the people to talk about how much the prototypes are worth….

When’s the bankruptcy auction? Those lunch room pins will be famous now!

#22994 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I did think the bigger shoe wouldn’t drop for quite some time due to the rate of new funds being raised and they would have time to get some games out and show some proof of life for the fund.

And I was careful not to call it a “Ponzi scheme” because I never really got to see the actual 575 fund statements and didn’t know for sure.

Pinball? That was just a sideshow of the overall alleged fraud that the SEC is bringing down.

There is the IRS, other civil and criminal litigation BUT the SEC coming after you? Not something you want to be on the other side of the table facing those guys.

I kind of figured it had to be maybe a disgruntled investment advisor or a group of them, but it was obviously so bad that it just went straight to the SEC

#22995 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Jeeze dude, you make it sound like Ben and I are sleeping together. ....Thanks for the shout out.
I'm home fighting a flu and just woke up after 12 hours of restless sleep. First thing I see is the Deeproot thread had exploded and after getting the gist of things I'm feeling a lot better.
I need to digest things here a bit after just now finding out. But one thought did occur to me.
I've been puzzled for 10 or 11 months now on why Deeproot asked for the pre-order money at the last minute. It seems now it wasn't enough to screw just the investors and the government. He got in one last dig and screwed his own customers on his way out the door. Pretty shameful.

More to it than that really. Probably a last-gasp effort to appear “legit” legally and provide cover for the scam. “Look! We are selling pinball machines!” Way too little way too late obviously.

The fact that it allowed him to steal another relatively small amount of money probably
Just the cherry on top. The preorder money was Super small potatoes in the scheme of this scam.

#22996 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

[quoted image]

Can we make this a key post as well?

#22997 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

The happy dance is really a result of everyone seeing this for what it was from the begging : a complete and utter scam. It has been called literally thousands of times throughout this thread. What's the dance called for those who gave false hope repeatedly throughout this?

Congratulations for you.

It was NOT a complete and utter scam from the beginning.

The Raza Jpop story was OVER years ago until DR stepped in and made it a possibility again.

It didn’t work out. Pinball is just part of a MUCH bigger story here.

As bad as it looks for Robert he didn’t set out looking to steal $58 million. At least I don’t believe that

Stupid and horrendous management? No doubt

#22998 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

More to it than that really. Probably a last-gasp effort to appear “legit” legally and provide cover for the scam. “Look! We are selling pinball machines!” Way too little way too late obviously.

Meh, he already had a proven customer list and Quad Production to show that. I still think it was a last gasp, cash grab. And now the SEC has more to chase after and clean up.
We can agree to disagree I guess.

#22999 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The Raza Jpop story was OVER years ago until DR stepped in and made it a possibility again.

Speechless.

#23000 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Congratulations for you.

I disagree. This was an utter ponzi scheme screwing with old people and stealing their money. For all raza deposits etc may need to join this as a class.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 460 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/460?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.