Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 459 of 672.
#22901 2 years ago

Guess this news means there will be more delays.

#22902 2 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Ok Ben, it’s story time.

Yes I’m impatiently waiting for Ben’s story.

#22903 2 years ago

I've been avoiding the "sewer" thread, but I guess it's time to dive in. So, I'll cross-post what I put in the "pre-order" thread and take my licks...

Does anyone have a bridge to sell me? You don't even need a compelling sales pitch, apparently.

I'm an original Zidware customer, burned by Jpop. I decided to gamble on deeproot. Went for it with the Xtra. Figured even if I didn't like it, it was rare and I could sell it for a modest profit as compensation for my pain and suffering. Whoops!

I'm pissed, but whatever. I'd be REALLY pissed if I didn't realize it was a gamble I decided to take (could be read as my ignorance).

So anyway. Idiot alert! Send me your hugely expensive scams, I'm sure I'll bite.

Paging any Princes from Nigeria - I'll pay you cash for that check you can't cash.

#22904 2 years ago

Saw “52 new posts” and thought someone got into a lengthy, inconsequential argument in here late last night. Wasn’t totally wrong, if you consider this whole SEC thing an “argument.” Certainly not inconsequential…

Looks like all the cumulative karma from our pet pictures and haikus finally paid off!

#22905 2 years ago

Original pinball theme idea:

“Rob it Robert”

The taunts would be epic.

“Pinball is easy”

#22906 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I've been avoiding the "sewer" thread, but I guess it's time to dive in. So, I'll cross-post what I put in the "pre-order" thread and take my licks...
Does anyone have a bridge to sell me? You don't even need a compelling sales pitch, apparently.
I'm an original Zidware customer, burned by Jpop. I decided to gamble on deeproot. Went for it with the Xtra. Figured even if I didn't like it, it was rare and I could sell it for a modest profit as compensation for my pain and suffering. Whoops!
I'm pissed, but whatever. I'd be REALLY pissed if I didn't realize it was a gamble I decided to take (could be read as my ignorance).
So anyway. Idiot alert! Send me your hugely expensive scams, I'm sure I'll bite.
Paging any Princes from Nigeria - I'll pay you cash for that check you can't cash.

Sorry you got boned, @cheeks.

#22907 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Sorry you got boned, Cheeks.

Thanks, but apparently I need common sense more than I need sympathy.

#22908 2 years ago

PinBar, updated:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#22909 2 years ago

My old meme wasn’t that far off. Just needed a prisoner outfit and some cops chasing him

trainwreck (resized).pngtrainwreck (resized).png

#22910 2 years ago

Boom Boom…

What is it??!!

#22911 2 years ago

Did he figure he could make so much easy money in pinball he could cover the fund liability and then some? He didn’t just straight up take all the money, he pissed it away on a vanity project that he must have figured would disgorge untold millions.

I see divorce #3 in the future…

#22912 2 years ago

And marriage #4 in the slammer

#22913 2 years ago

Looking forward to Ice's parking lot drive bys of the Penitentiary.

#22914 2 years ago

My biggest question.

What kind of idiot gets married three times? And RM is only 46. That's a special kind of stupid right there. I can see twice, but after that it's just ridiculous. My FIL was married five times because he was a self serving POS narcissist who only though of himself. Sounds like someone else from this thread.

#22915 2 years ago

Maybe Gerry could offer Deeproot customers a discount on Heist.

#22916 2 years ago

Can't pay employees but can spend the dough on a condo and jewelry ....

#22917 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Looking forward to Ice's parking lot drive bys of the Penitentiary.

If Robert thought pinside was a sewer , wait till he goes to the exercise yard

IMG_20210821_225833 (resized).jpgIMG_20210821_225833 (resized).jpg
#22918 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

My biggest question.
What kind of idiot gets married three times? And RM is only 46. That's a special kind of stupid right there. I can see twice, but after that it's just ridiculous. My FIL was married five times because he was a self serving POS narcissist who only though of himself. Sounds like someone else from this thread.

Just came here to quote that part of the thinkadvisor article… sheeesh!

Spouse Pro/premium/LE?

“Mueller also used more than $1.5 million of the Funds’ assets to pay hundreds of personal expenses, including his daughter’s private school tuition, vacations with his family, his second wedding, his second divorce, his third wedding, jewelry for both his second and third wives (including engagement rings and wedding bands for both wives)…”

#22919 2 years ago

Remember when we thought they only wasted 20-30m?

#22920 2 years ago

Just so nobody forgets who called it first and when:

8BB232BB-F5C1-4B65-83A0-70744BDA5390 (resized).jpeg8BB232BB-F5C1-4B65-83A0-70744BDA5390 (resized).jpeg
#22921 2 years ago

Someone should tell Steve Bowdin he can stop working on the rules for RAZA .

#22922 2 years ago

What does Ice buy into next ?

#22923 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

What does Ice buy into next ?

Can you imagine the line of pinball scam artists at the front door? It’s free money. And you get a free promoter for your scam to help sell it to everybody else: ie. ASOA and the fake CGC Alien.

#22924 2 years ago

Damn … I coulda won $100 off Ice.

#22925 2 years ago

It’s crazy it looks like the big pinbar reveal was the last ponzi cash grab. Can you imagine if it actually worked and the 90 degree edges had been filed down so as not to draw blood?

If any part of this scam (besides early publicity) had been done in any sort of competent fashion, it could have been so much worse for the pinball community. As it is now pinball people was simply the after dinner mint, not the sumptuous feast that were the “investors.”

#22926 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s crazy it looks like the big pinbar reveal was the last ponzi cash grab. Can you imagine if it actually worked and the 90 degree edges had been filed down so as not to draw blood?
If any part of this scam (besides early publicity) had been done in any sort of competent fashion, it could have been so much worse for the pinball community. As it is now pinball people was simply the after dinner mint, not the sumptuous feast that were the “investors.”

Yup - luckily the pinball people were relatively small potatoes ( Food Truck ! )

#22927 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just so nobody forgets who called it first and when:[quoted image]

Ed Nailed it.

#22928 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yup - luckily the pinball people were relatively small potatoes ( Food Truck ! )

The liquidation of assets means two people may somehow get those prototype RAZAs.

It also likely means our lawsuit against Poop may go on and on. I do hope Jpoop gets his as well. Both of these people are scum and we now understand why RM liked JP. Maybe Jpop will be in trouble as well.

#22929 2 years ago
derpRoot (resized).jpgderpRoot (resized).jpg
#22930 2 years ago

For real, I hope to see photos of all the white woods that were in works. I’m sure most are just foam core and maybe some solid works mech ideas

#22931 2 years ago

I saw there is a SEC document against Deeproot, I guess it's possible that the defendants are found not guilty? If so, is it possible that RAZA's still get made, and we might see them on location later this year?

#22932 2 years ago

When is Robert sending out a new update?? LoL

In all seriousness, sucks for everyone who lost money here. Hopefully one of these days the pinball community will learn from the past.

#22933 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I saw there is a SEC document against Deeproot, I guess it's possible that the defendants are found not guilty? If so, is it possible that RAZA's still get made, and we might see them on location later this year?

I certainly hope you just forgot the sarcasm emoji.

#22934 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

In all seriousness, sucks for everyone who lost money here. Hopefully one of these days the pinball community will learn from the past.

As iceman has explained numerous times:
It doesn’t suck for him…because he’s wealthy.

(If you didn’t know…he’s wealthy)

#22935 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just so nobody forgets who called it first and when:[quoted image]

You and Tim share an account? That’s cute.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Please tell me this is sarcasm. Haha

#22936 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

If they hadn’t learned already, they never will.

There will ALWAYS be people willing to “roll the dice” to get the next awesome fish tank with an iPad stapled to a lockdown bar. The allure is just too strong.

#22938 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yeah the SEC is probably just goofing off and having a laugh.

I really hope you aren't serious.

#22939 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

699279D8-B33D-4800-9A82-0AFAEDFEEC13.gif699279D8-B33D-4800-9A82-0AFAEDFEEC13.gif
#22940 2 years ago

Hope DR gives an update soon.

#22941 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Hope DR gives an update soon.

Update: its over

#22942 2 years ago

I don’t want to pry too much into his personal life, but I hope Bowden is ok (besides the missed paychecks)

I think his love of pinball was exploited to add legitimacy to the operation and it must have been a lot of pressure on him.

#22943 2 years ago

Also how much do those couple of RAZA prototypes go for? I wonder if the SEC will seize them

#22945 2 years ago

You can say whatever you want but you have to give it to Robert. He made good on his promise to never license the PinBar™️ to Multimorphic. Promises made, promises kept.

#22946 2 years ago

I know the gps coordinates of one of them.

#22947 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I know the gps coordinates of one of them.

It’s a good thing those games are wi fi enabled!

#22948 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also how much do those couple of RAZA prototypes go for? I wonder if the SEC will seize them

The protos are probably long gone from the building and who knows where they are or if they are in whose hands, and if they are even operable anymore.

But - I guess somebody might know where one is OR Was ?

#22949 2 years ago
meme7146970990 (resized).jpgmeme7146970990 (resized).jpg
#22950 2 years ago

Calm down! Just a minor setback guys. Two more weeks. Game will be here before you know it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 459 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/459?hl=holden1090 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.