View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 456 of 672.
#22751 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Perhaps a re-skin of The Champion Pub with two trim packages (one with JPOP as the bash toy and one with RM) could save deeproot's pinball divison?
"Custom sculpted Bobby Mueller bash toy responds with hyperbole and unmeetable deadlines with each hit!"[quoted image]

Oooh. Which would you choose?

#22752 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Oooh. Which would you choose?

It's a tough call.. I think JPop's hair would probably cause a lot of maintenance issues, but I also think an opportunity to knock him around under glass would earn a lot of coin on location.

I'm leaning towards the Bobby Mueller package still, I think.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#22753 2 years ago

Why not Mueller as the boxer and JPop as the punching bag?

The speed bag can be reaching for Starbucks cups. The jumping rope can be skipping deadlines.

#22754 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The speed bag can be reaching for Starbucks cups. The jumping rope can be skipping deadlines.

The video modes could be good. Spitting Gallery can be capturing Pre Order money. And the other could be PPP Poker, how lucky can you get for a govt handout?

If you make it through all of the fights you can then wager your RAZA for the chance of a RAZA + Food Truck, and if you lose you are empty handed.

#22755 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

The group that went silent & continue to say they are not Deeproot. Time will tell the tale of truth or fiction. Same with the group that bought me out. Pinball is hot is all I am suppose to say at this time. People can look at my past recent posts about what I have tried to say about the industry. Same with people are interested in playfield production, compared to problems with JJP & Mirco.

What I am posting is still not saying who the new groups are, what their plans are later this year or into 2022. They WILL actually produce games, more than the 2 prototypes that Deeproot has shown over the years.

Deeproot has not shown any production info. That is all anyone knows here. So we continue to try & guess what is (or not) being done there.

Are you out of your mind? What? Did you get thrown in the back of an unmarked van and forced into accepting offers to produce pinball machines with zero nomenclature by men in ski masks and black outfits? Is this now a secret society since DEEPROOT has figured out pinball is hard? You are talking in circles about maybe, if, and or but.

#22756 2 years ago

I'd definitely want the Bobby LE bobblehead

There really is so much potential for nonsense, I wish some geniuses with more time than sense would create a deeproot / zidware homebrew

#22757 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Life as a repo man is always intense.

That’s why repo men do speed.

584EC89C-03AF-4F4A-9AD3-A6F9AB30BBFB.gif584EC89C-03AF-4F4A-9AD3-A6F9AB30BBFB.gif
#22758 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Life as a repo man is always intense.

It happens sometimes, people just explode. Natural causes.

#22759 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Whammy is the biggest word that I know.

Quoted from Mr68:

And please go heavy on the hyperbole.

Hyperbole? I thought you said "whammy" was the biggest word you knew?

#22760 2 years ago

Please don't report me to the moderators.

#22761 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Hyperbole? I thought you said "whammy" was the biggest word you knew?

He said that, but it was just hyperbole.

#22762 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s so wild all three of those guys are New York pinball legends.

BTS

Screenshot_20210819-095850 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210819-095850 (resized).png
#22763 2 years ago

I liked the pet pics waaaaay better...

#22764 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I liked the pet pics waaaaay better...

This is Maru, a Guinness World Record internet cat. He thinks Robert is a blowhard charlatan because Maru revolutionized innovative packing containers a decade ago.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#22765 2 years ago

My wife asked me to paint an old ash tray she bought at a garage sale. I know the color that drives up value!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#22766 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

My wife asked me to paint an old ash tray she bought at a garage sale. I know the color that drives up value!
[quoted image]

When do the preorder banks open??

#22767 2 years ago

When do the preorder banks open??

You’re already too late, but I am taking additional orders for any extra units I produce for a modestly higher price (until I realize I can’t make any more past the initial)

#22768 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You’re already too late, but I am taking additional orders for any extra units I produce for a modestly higher price (until I realize I can’t make any more past the initial)

When do you realize you can't even make more than a ragged prototype?

#22769 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

When do you realize you can't even make more than a ragged prototype?

Sometime in between contemplating another shade of purple and my wife getting upset.

#22770 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm only interested if you set a very low maximum number of units and then increase that number substantially after I pay you and you sell out the rest. That or if you start taking preorders on a fuschia colored spittoon before shipping my or anyone else's ashtray.

Deal?

#22771 2 years ago

I'm only interested if you set a very low maximum number of units and then increase that number substantially after I pay you and you sell out the rest. That or if you start taking preorders on a fuschia colored spittoon before shipping my or anyone else's ashtray.
Deal?

I’ll cut you a deal. You can get the one I have right now that belongs to someone else, and you can walk out the door with it for only an exorbitant amount.

#22772 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’ll cut you a deal. You can get the one I have right now that belongs to someone else, and you can walk out the door with it for only an exorbitant amount.

My dms are open

#22773 2 years ago

how do I get in on this action? When there’s a chance something won’t be made or the op might go out of biz first, I like to send cash for everything in full. Since I might be getting the floor model, you might as well, rip up the warranty and sell it as is and without any guarantees.

#22774 2 years ago

Unfortunately mine are not. There’s a shady alley behind the Burger King on Busse we can meet behind

Be careful of any portals to a magical world called Foon. Trust me

#22775 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I hope those are reading this post.
Hire Joe Balcer and start your own company. Build small runs and find great suppliers. Build a brand with talented people. If you have more money hire Barry O as your second designer. A small team of talented individuals will crush egomaniacs.
Just read anything on teams and building a culture.

Balcer's at Homepin now. Thunderbirds needed a sequel. The new goal is "playable."

#22776 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Balcer's at Homepin now. Thunderbirds needed a sequel.

You see? Half the shit in here has a ring of truth yet is always somehow accompanied by a stench of either an attempt at humor or sarcasm, and it really makes it hard to laugh at due to the possibility that it actually might be true. So what's the sequel ? Stingray?

#22777 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

When does the preorder window close ? Will you come to buyers homes and install the ashtray ? If you pay in full are those orders filled first ?

#22778 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

When does the preorder window close ? Will you come to buyers homes and install the ashtray ? If you pay in full are those orders filled first ?

Let me send you a NDA first. Are you familiar with non binding arbitration?

#22779 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Balcer's at Homepin now. Thunderbirds needed a sequel. The new goal is "playable."

I believe word is that balcer is in fact already no longer at Homepin

#22780 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

You see? Half the shit in here has a ring of truth yet is always somehow accompanied by a stench of either an attempt at humor or sarcasm, and it really makes it hard to laugh at due to the possibility that it actually might be true. So what's the sequel ? Stingray?

Haha. It was absolutely truth then sarcasm. Balcer IS really at Homepin. Thunderbirds is not (to my knowledge) getting a sequel. Homepin only made a literal one-off Gweilo pin and some custom porsche pin for their trade shows after Thunderbirds. Balcer is supposedly designing their WoZ touchstone company-launching pin, but they'll get Poker Run if they're not careful.

#22781 2 years ago

I believe word is that balcer is in fact already no longer at Homepin

Haha! That was fast. Ouch. Poker Run averted. Again.

#22782 2 years ago

As much fun as we have here (and we do have a lot of fun), I'm jonesing for something new to dig into. @iceman44, which should we expect first: the next installment of tales from the parking lot or my beloved court records?

Don't forget, I'm ready to go full Vinny at a moment's notice. Hell, I'd even consider posting in character if that's what it takes to get the job done

#22783 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A sane person would have simplified it: Zombie Adventureland. "You and your friends wander into an abandoned theme park swarming with zombies - can you escape?"

It would have sold more themed as Insane Clown Posse: Dark Carnival! Music theme & horror/comedy/theme park all in one!

“Magnets: How The F Do They Work” mode…game designs itself!

#22784 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thunderbirds is not (to my knowledge) getting a sequel.

58163CC2-5F95-4C2F-86F3-340CD6586194.gif58163CC2-5F95-4C2F-86F3-340CD6586194.gif
#22785 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It would have sold more themed as Insane Clown Posse: Dark Carnival! Music theme & horror/comedy/theme park all in one!
“Magnets: How The F Do They Work” mode…game designs itself!

ICP? Miracles Parody Pin, FTW.

#22786 2 years ago

My son's dog Leif.

178900295_2071709562968640_5078592869027444532_n (resized).jpg178900295_2071709562968640_5078592869027444532_n (resized).jpg
#22787 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Why not Mueller as the boxer and JPop as the punching bag?

To JPOP and RM, the pre order folks ARE the punching bag.

#22788 2 years ago

Though you can't buy a deeproot machine, you can buy some vintage deeproot threads:

ebay.com link: itm

deeproot-shirt (resized).jpegdeeproot-shirt (resized).jpeg
#22789 2 years ago

Deal?

I'm not interested in this one, probably not the next one, but I would like to put down a large deposit on the TBD
of whatever it is you state you will produce. Unlike these haters and trolls, I have no problem signing an NDA.

#22790 2 years ago

Going to step back from this thread. The personal attacks towards my trying to help out groups wanting to actually produce new pinball machines is not worth it here. Tired of the drinking, drugs, & paint fume crap insult crap on this site towards me. Same with I must be no expert on anything towards pinball.

Focus my time on actually helping others have more pinball products or games for sale. Never thought I would consider some of these posts a sewer, but it seems that way to me! So I will get back to enjoying playing pinball on location. I work with operators & owners keeping their games going. Likely I will be involved with some interesting pinball projects in 2022.

Even some pinball podcasts do not get their info correct. I will leave that one for people that know to see what was not said.

#22791 2 years ago

We've still got no idea WTF you are on about John. But appreciate the heads up.

#22792 2 years ago

Going to step back from this thread. The personal attacks towards my trying to help out groups wanting to actually produce new pinball machines is not worth it here. Tired of the drinking, drugs, & paint fume crap insult crap on this site towards me. Same with I must be no expert on anything towards pinball.
Focus my time on actually helping others have more pinball products or games for sale. Never thought I would consider some of these posts a sewer, but it seems that way to me! So I will get back to enjoying playing pinball on location. I work with operators & owners keeping their games going. Likely I will be involved with some interesting pinball projects in 2022.
Even some pinball podcasts do not get their info correct. I will leave that one for people that know to see what was not said.

Fwiw, many have stated you seem like a good dude (and I agree with that). I think folks just don’t like having vague, cryptic “inside information” held over their heads. It’s a bad look, and doesn’t really attract much goodwill.

#22793 2 years ago

That seems to be the problem. People cannot figure out I am a good guy trying to help out. Just sent another email to Jack about playfields. Seems like a lot of stuff I post seems to be cryptic to some, but I cannot spill all the beans if asked not to. Just like what is going on with Homepin or not for the next title. I do post up info trying to help out Mirco, but you never see a response from him trying to help him out.

#22794 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:That seems to be the problem. People cannot figure out I am a good guy trying to help out. Just sent another email to Jack about playfields. Seems like a lot of stuff I post seems to be cryptic to some, but I cannot spill all the beans if asked not to. Just like what is going on with Homepin or not for the next title.

Your heart is in the right place, but you bring up problems or solutions that you may think are new or haven't been discussed. They have been for years. I'd suggest reading this thread from the start and you will see what I mean.

#22795 2 years ago

Tired of the drinking, drugs, & paint fume crap insult crap on this site towards me.

3ACE7B96-5477-4804-889B-09B298FA08B7.gif3ACE7B96-5477-4804-889B-09B298FA08B7.gif
#22796 2 years ago

I am a good guy trying to help out.

That's not the problem. It is better to keep inside information under wraps, to the point of denying it, or they will look for chinks in your armor and skewer you with your own arrows. One thing toxic about Pinside is they are always looking for peoples buttons, and some are good at pushing them. Saying you have info you can't share is like pushing a lot of anxious peoples buttons all at once... Personally?, If I had inside info I was not allowed to share, you would not see me posting about it in a public forum, no matter how "nice or good" I am or present myself to be. I understand the desire to want to be pertinent, but this is not the best way to go about it. Good luck with your future pinball pursuits.

#22797 2 years ago

That seems to be the problem. People cannot figure out I am a good guy trying to help out. Just sent another email to Jack about playfields. Seems like a lot of stuff I post seems to be cryptic to some, but I cannot spill all the beans if asked not to. Just like what is going on with Homepin or not for the next title. I do post up info trying to help out Mirco, but you never see a response from him trying to help him out.

This is going to sound snarky but it is not. I would be way more interested in cryptic posts about Jack finding a new playfield manufacturer than DR finding a contract manufacturer. I have a bubble that is now noticeable on my left inlanes.

#22798 2 years ago

I am a good guy trying to help out.

Lots of good people have tried to help out. FAST got away from JPOP with only wasted time.

I don't want to see any more good people hurt or taken advantage of by John.

Do not get sucked into the trick. The trap. The madness.

Focus on the working with better people.

Stay safe everyone!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#22799 2 years ago

You seem cool. I’m sorry if anything I stated made you feel like less. You’re posts made me smile but just seemed very very naive. “Capabilities” was never what RM lacked to get these machines done. So you constantly stating that there are deals being made behind secret doors that will guarantee these Razas get made just is too much to take after the omnibus that is this thread.

You couldn’t pry these themes and designs out of RM’s hands if you tried. He’ll die owning them. How do I know that?

1. No capable business in their right mind would be a downstream contractor for Mr Mueller and his legal-trigger finger and his reputation as being someone unreasonable and silly. So why would anyone step up and put that target on their back?

2. He can’t manufacture them under his own supervision because he doesn’t know how to discern between competence and incompetence…problem-solvers and problem-makers. He has a history of trusting the wrong people.

#22800 2 years ago

Wasn't Magic Girl... Magic Girl because John once again couldn't get the rights to David Copperfield?

Christ. The Zidware games are so ill-conceived it isn't even funny.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 456 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/456?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.