View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 455 of 672.
#22701 2 years ago

throwback to 2018 and simpler times

theinvasionbegins (resized).jpegtheinvasionbegins (resized).jpeg
#22702 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Ned is a perfectly good sculpt. Why do they keep noodling on it?

Noodler's gonna noodle.

[/\ Also not a bad name for a Food Truck mini wizard mode. /\]

#22703 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Why do they keep noodling on it?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#22704 2 years ago

Oh no...

https://www.facebook.com/jon.norris.9275/posts/2148466601963701

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 10.09.32 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-18 at 10.09.32 AM (resized).png

#22705 2 years ago

Guessing Merlins Arcade. It’s supposed to be the 8 Ball Deluxe update. the flipper bats being the same as Golden Cue/Sharkys Shootout, another EBD update game by Stern and Norris

Also matches up with those demo reel with Arthurian knights, so it’s further along than other games. I’m guessing it’d be following Food Truck in an ideal world.

Edit. Although he said it’s his second white wood game. Norris is only tagged to MA on the upcoming games. Maybe it’s Multiplex!?!?

#22706 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Guessing Merlins Arcade. It’s supposed to be the 8 Ball Deluxe update. the flipper bats being the same as Golden Cue/Sharkys Shootout, another EBD update game by Stern and Norris
Also matches up with those demo reel with Arthurian knights, so it’s further along than other games. I’m guessing it’d be following Food Truck in an ideal world.
Edit. Although he said it’s his second white wood game. Norris is only tagged to MA on the upcoming games. Maybe it’s Multiplex!?!?

took down because didn't potentially want to get him in trouble (even though that shouldn't be a risk - just never know with this company)

#22707 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

took down because didn't potentially want to get him in trouble (even though that shouldn't be a risk - just never know with this company)

Meh. It’s public on his Facebook and shows nothing interesting, other than his slings are a bit more old fashion in shape and placement but not especially different than the norm.

#22708 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Meh. It’s public on his Facebook and shows nothing interesting, other than his slings are a bit more old fashion in shape and placement but not especially different than the norm.

Agree - probably overcautious - here it is
https://www.facebook.com/jon.norris.9275/posts/2477087969101561

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 10.18.02 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-18 at 10.18.02 AM (resized).png

#22709 2 years ago

Looking at it some more, those are the flippers, ball guides, and apron from a Sharkey’s Shootout. The slings are different than Sharkey’s

Could just be a coincidence of what parts he has laying around, but I’d still guess that’s the bottom to Merlins Arcade.

#22710 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I LITERALLY could CARE LESS about your pedantic grammar mongering!

Cash me outside, how bow dah?

Weird Al would like a word...

#22711 2 years ago

Two original themes in a row will sink any pin company.

These genius are starting with at least 5.

#22712 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Two original themes in a row will sink any pin company.
These genius are starting with at least 5.

In one year!

#22713 2 years ago

2 years ago!

#22714 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Weird Al would like a word...

I just watched the whole thing. Thanks

#22715 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The "trolls" called them out on that.

I feel called out right now.

Quoted from yancy:

This remains the single most batshit crazy thing I've read in my time on earth. Every few years I revisit it to see if it's as unhinged as I remember. Every time I rediscover an even more ridiculous detail I'd forgotten. Hard to fathom the amount of cocaine and chutzpah it took for Python to present this to Williams as a game they'd actually manufacture. And they sort of did!
If you've never read it, do yourself a... favor? Pull up a chair, crack open a cold one, cut a few lines on the mirror, and get inside Python's brain for a while.

Tagging this for when I get home..

#22716 2 years ago

some old raza art

cramer (resized).jpegcramer (resized).jpegoldraza (resized).jpegoldraza (resized).jpegplayfield (resized).jpegplayfield (resized).jpegzombieguy (resized).jpegzombieguy (resized).jpeg
#22717 2 years ago

One of the oddest moment in the entire Zidware saga was at Expo when JPOP brought the empty cabinet and the RAZA artwork had switched from mad scientists in a lab to the current rendition without mentioning or addressing why. I mean all of the sudden we have aliens, witches, vampires and prostitutes and it doesn’t occur to John he needs to address this development? This all preceded JPOP’s announcement months later that he wouldn’t be building your pins.

#22718 2 years ago

So did the empty cabinets end up with Deeproot. Or do you think they were used for Magic Girl. The weirdest thing so far is you would think a good supply of cabinets would of been the first thing you get done at Deeproot. I understand the different heads would be next.

#22719 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

So did the empty cabinets end up with Deeproot. Or do you think they were used for Magic Girl. The weirdest thing so far is you would think a good supply of cabinets would of been the first thing you get done at Deeproot. I understand the different heads would be next.

Those are from a long time ago. Doesn’t even matter. The deeproot cabinet is pretty different than a standard WPC cabinet, besides the head. It has a whole different lift system for the playfield and glass which require different cuts. Plus the whole PinBar™ thing, crotch aimed speakers, illuminated side panels on the higher end cabinet, etc

They reinvented a dozen wheels.

#22720 2 years ago

I thought the empty cabinets would of been a standard design with out the pinbar which was not a design yet.

#22721 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They reinvented a dozen wheels.

Wheels are pretty much round, but I guess they wanted to improve on that.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#22722 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

This remains the single most batshit crazy thing I've read in my time on earth. Every few years I revisit it to see if it's as unhinged as I remember. Every time I rediscover an even more ridiculous detail I'd forgotten. Hard to fathom the amount of cocaine and chutzpah it took for Python to present this to Williams as a game they'd actually manufacture. And they sort of did!
If you've never read it, do yourself a... favor? Pull up a chair, crack open a cold one, cut a few lines on the mirror, and get inside Python's brain for a while.

Required companion piece to his legendary TOPcast interview.

#22723 2 years ago

some old raza art
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It’s so wild all three of those guys are New York pinball legends.

#22724 2 years ago

I thought the empty cabinets would of been a. . .

#22725 2 years ago

WOW! I never knew Jpoop drew so good!!

#22726 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

WOW! I never knew Jpoop drew so good!!

Ha! If only!

#22727 2 years ago

Well this didn’t make the final design or this is what the lawsuit holdup is about

6587DB32-3176-478F-B9E6-106EF95EFE8F (resized).png6587DB32-3176-478F-B9E6-106EF95EFE8F (resized).png
#22728 2 years ago

You're stranded on a desert island with either Robert or Jpop. Who do you choose and what pinball machine.

#22729 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You're stranded on a desert island with either Robert or Jpop. Who do you choose and what pinball machine.

I choose to leave them both with a EM whitewood playfield in a 80's plain bally cabinet and a box of crayons. I will swim for it.

#22730 2 years ago

I thought the empty cabinets would of been a standard design with out the pinbar which was not a design yet.

For someone who seems to want to be involved with this so bad, you also seem to be missing a lot of the details that would make normal people run away.

Anyone who picks up the deeproot or jpop remnants deserves what is coming to them at this point. There's been enough warnings and red flags that people would have to be absolute morons to get involved with them in any way.

#22731 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

For someone who seems to want to be involved with this so bad, you also seem to be missing a lot of the details that would make normal people run away.
Anyone who picks up the deeproot or jpop remnants deserves what is coming to them at this point. There's been enough warnings and red flags that people would have to be absolute morons to get involved with them in any way.

I hope those are reading this post.

Hire Joe Balcer and start your own company. Build small runs and find great suppliers. Build a brand with talented people. If you have more money hire Barry O as your second designer. A small team of talented individuals will crush egomaniacs.

Just read anything on teams and building a culture.

#22732 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'd choose Robert and America's Most Haunted. I could remind him daily that Ben Heck out sold him with 150 AMH machines.

or

I'd choose Jpop so I could cut his hair, braid it, and hang myself.

#22733 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hire Joe Balcer and start your own company.

Design your own whitewood and skip the guy who wants modern games to play at six degrees. One less salary. Spend that money on any licensed theme people have heard of and your playfield layout is irrelevant.

#22734 2 years ago

What if Jpop is suing RM?
And if RM is having legal issues wouldn't there be a filling at a district court?
Ohh screw it, more pics of dogs please.

#22735 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What if Jpop is suing RM?
And if RM is having legal issues wouldn't there be a filling at a district court?
Ohh screw it, more pics of dogs please.

#22736 2 years ago

No offense - your clearly aren't the expert you claim to be.

Stop with the misinformation campaign.

YOU ARE NOT HELPING.

#22737 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

One of the oddest moment in the entire Zidware saga was at Expo when JPOP brought the empty cabinet and the RAZA artwork had switched from mad scientists in a lab to the current rendition without mentioning or addressing why. I mean all of the sudden we have aliens, witches, vampires and prostitutes and it doesn’t occur to John he needs to address this development? This all preceded JPOP’s announcement months later that he wouldn’t be building your pins.

A sane person would have simplified it: Zombie Adventureland. "You and your friends wander into an abandoned theme park swarming with zombies - can you escape?"

But no. John acts like a ten year old with a budget. Paying Jeremy to waste his time drawing characters he doesn't have the rights for. Adding aliens.

Even Python's batshit crazy Popeye concept was at least consistent. John just throws shit in a blender and hopes for the best.

#22738 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A sane person would have simplified it: Zombie Adventureland. "You and your friends wander into an abandoned theme park swarming with zombies - can you escape?"
But no. John acts like a ten year old with a budget. Paying Jeremy to waste his time drawing characters he doesn't have the rights for. Adding aliens.
Even Python's batshit crazy Popeye concept was at least consistent. John just throws shit in a blender and hopes for the best.

Everybody knows Popeye’s Pinball failed because of the lack of a Dracula.

Python’s best game? Taxi

George Gomez knew when making Monster Bash…

#22739 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ha I kinda forgot about that whole thing...and all the BHZA "owners" rationalizing themselves into thinking hey it's ok we paid money for one thing and are getting something else, whatever, there's still Zombies? I think?

#22740 2 years ago

Are their any zombies in the game name? All I see is a bunch of purple puke carnival crap.

Oh and AMAZING TOYS like a static jet. And a static motorcycle. And a mostly static light up NED. And some fucking alien on Yet Another TOTAN Lamp Spinner.

Curious if we will ever see Food Truck. Maybe their original games actually did feature innovation on the PF itself. Why not lead with that?

#22741 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It seriously raises the question of what is there to actually even pick up ? Other than digital assets pretty much nothing. And those assets are so toxic at this point you’d almost have to pay someone to take them. The game design and artwork itself - meh all can be redone in a few months. Pinball boards ? Other manufacturers you can OEM that from. Licensed themes ? There aren’t seemingly any. Manufacturing facility ? Doesn’t seem to exist. Patents ? Using their approach is not a low cost journey to anything and they have no unique approach that is going to open up and lock in a field. I mean there is literally nothing of value to left to buy here.

#22742 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Are their any zombies in the game name? All I see is a bunch of purple puke carnival crap.
Oh and AMAZING TOYS like a static jet. And a static motorcycle. And a mostly static light up NED. And some fucking alien on Yet Another TOTAN Lamp Spinner.
Curious if we will ever see Food Truck. Maybe their original games actually did feature innovation on the PF itself. Why not lead with that?

The little mini-rototarget (another "innovation" stolen from 50 year-old Williams EMs) was kind of cool, actually.

#22743 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The little mini-rototarget (another "innovation" stolen from 50 year-old Williams EMs) was kind of cool, actually.

The primary innovation: what's old is new again.

Ta-da!

#22744 2 years ago

Starting to wonder if we're going to ever get another parking lot inspection. Ice should Neil Parmesan it and pull up disguised as a repo man to gauge the reaction (if anyone is there to react).

#22745 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Its high time you start showing respect to "Title: TBD™"

#22746 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:For someone who seems to want to be involved with this so bad, you also seem to be missing a lot of the details that would make normal people run away.

Bingo !

Quoted from pookycade:

It seriously raises the question of what is there to actually even pick up ? Other than digital assets pretty much nothing. And those assets are so toxic at this point you’d almost have to pay someone to take them. The game design and artwork itself - meh all can be redone in a few months. Pinball boards ? Other manufacturers you can OEM that from. Licensed themes ? There aren’t seemingly any. Manufacturing facility ? Doesn’t seem to exist. Patents ? Using their approach is not a low cost journey to anything and they have no unique approach that is going to open up and lock in a field. I mean there is literally nothing of value to left to buy here.

Bingo !

I'd give multiple upvotes on each of these if possible.

At the Fellow from Canada - I'm sure you're a nice guy, but I'd check and make sure all the paint can lids are on tight in your shop.

#22747 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

It seriously raises the question of what is there to actually even pick up ? Other than digital assets pretty much nothing. And those assets are so toxic at this point you’d almost have to pay someone to take them. The game design and artwork itself - meh all can be redone in a few months. Pinball boards ? Other manufacturers you can OEM that from. Licensed themes ? There aren’t seemingly any.

Maybe they have a music license but there was confusion about which one. Jpop said he got The Mountain Goats, Robert was like "The who?" and Chris Turner put that on the website.

#22748 2 years ago

Starting to wonder if we're going to ever get another parking lot inspection. Ice should Neil Parmesan it and pull up disguised as a repo man to gauge the reaction (if anyone is there to react).

Life as a repo man is always intense.

#22749 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha I kinda forgot about that whole thing...and all the BHZA "owners" rationalizing themselves into thinking hey it's ok we paid money for one thing and are getting something else, whatever, there's still Zombies? I think?

Nah, we had dollar signs in our eyes from a limited run Jpop game. I was certain that women would want to touch me if I owned it.

#22750 2 years ago

Perhaps a re-skin of The Champion Pub with two trim packages (one with JPOP as the bash toy and one with RM) could save deeproot's pinball divison?

"Custom sculpted Bobby Mueller bash toy responds with hyperbole and unmeetable deadlines with each hit!"

The Independently Wealthy Sociopath Pub (resized).pngThe Independently Wealthy Sociopath Pub (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 455 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/455?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.