Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 454 of 672.
#22651 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Punny Factory?

Pinball adventures is likely dead or at least have gone radio silent. They are a joke regardless. Even as a best case scenario, they are too busy making things nobody would buy to make a Pulp Fiction game.

#22652 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Deeproot has not shown any production info. That is all anyone knows here. So we continue to try & guess what is (or not) being done there.

There is lots of room for more players in the pinball market if they know what is involved around the world. But you got to have a well thought out business plan. Start of small & slowly work your way up. Not come out guns drawn & say you are going to dominate the pinball world production yourself.

John. Along with your messages being cryptic, you also state the obvious. Thats a double whammy for many of us. These are issues of basic common sense and have been covered here many times before. We stopped taking Deeproot seriously long ago because of their blunders, lies and amateur practices and we have moved on using humor. - Good luck in your pursuit.

(All. Sorry about that run-on sentence and whammy is the biggest word that I know)

#22653 2 years ago

The group that went silent & continue to say they are not Deeproot. Time will tell the tale of truth or fiction. Same with the group that bought me out. Pinball is hot is all I am suppose to say at this time. People can look at my past recent posts about what I have tried to say about the industry. Same with people are interested in playfield production, compared to problems with JJP & Mirco.

Honestly dude, no one cares. Until games are rolling off the line and ready for delivery, no new company will get any sort of foothold. And any company that doesn’t understand that going in is doomed to fail.

I’ll say, on behalf of the entire hobby, to any potential new pinball venture: “Show me or shut up”.

#22654 2 years ago

After some of the recent posts in this thread, I want RM to hammer test my skull.

#22655 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’ll say, on behalf of the entire hobby, to any potential new pinball venture: “Show me or shut up”.

That was deeproot's problem. For years it was non-stop hot air. Marquee sponsorships of large shows to promote products that didn't exist. Vaporware interviews. And of course, trashing their supposed competition.

The "trolls" called them out on that.

#22656 2 years ago

"I was told not to say anything on pinside other than pinball is hot."

(That being said, I will post 15 more times in 12 hours.)

The voice's in my head tell me lots of things. I ignore them

#22657 2 years ago

If history repeats itself, and Blobert "trades" Food Truck in exchange for some new mark making RAZA...

Yeesh. I'm gonna throw up in my mouth and die like that chick on Breaking Bad.

#22658 2 years ago

I have likely said more than I should but there is still hope either for Raza pinball machines or other games. Even that comment I likely should have not said here at this time.

You've said more than you should?

You haven't said shit!

#22659 2 years ago

Ok I'm throwing it out there:

If someone can successfully bring Food Truck to market, I'm a buyer.

In fact, if someone can simply successfully make a convincing web page soliciting a non-refundable deposit, I'm sending you money!

Let's do this!

#22660 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In fact, if someone can simply successfully make a convincing web page soliciting a non-refundable deposit, I'm sending you money!
Let's do this!

Preferably in full, but 10% is acceptable too I suppose.

#22661 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let's do this!

Wish fulfillment is strong with this theme. Imagine how much fun it would be to work in one of those trucks.

#22662 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let's do this!

James Beard Award wizard mode is 100% coded and FIRE!

#22663 2 years ago

Assuming the legal issues is caused by someone else holding the RAZA license, who can it be?
* It is not wcbrandes
* It is not benheck
* Maybe the previous artist or a model who needs to be paid?
* Maybe American Pinball?
* Did JPOP sell the license to someone else?

#22664 2 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

Assuming the legal issues is caused by someone else holding the RAZA license, who can it be?
* It is not wcbrandes
* It is not benheck
* Maybe the previous artist or a model who needs to be paid?
* Maybe American Pinball?
* Did JPOP sell the license to someone else?

You shouldn't be asking these questions. Your safety is in danger.

#22665 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let's do this!

Ok but no pictures of parts or manufacturing and radio silence please. I don't want to ruin the surprise.
And please go heavy on the hyperbole.

#22666 2 years ago

What I am posting is still not saying who the new groups are, what their plans are later this year or into 2022. They WILL actually produce games, more than the 2 prototypes that Deeproot has shown over the years.
Deeproot has not shown any production info. That is all anyone knows here. So we continue to try & guess what is (or not) being done there.
There is lots of room for more players in the pinball market if they know what is involved around the world. But you got to have a well thought out business plan. Start of small & slowly work your way up. Not come out guns drawn & say you are going to dominate the pinball world production yourself.
Here is a early 2016 picture from the camera I still use. Even a 1 person operation (myself) over 5 years with the help of contractors got hundreds of playfields & backglass done.
[quoted image]

My hat's off to what you've been able to accomplish single-handedly. I'm curious, what is it that you wanted to "do" at Deeproot? Help with production supervision/management? I wasn't able to glean that information from the cold contact form email you posted. Given how Robert is (what we can publicly see and deduce by listening to his interviews, employees, etc), he literally thought he could dictate everything as if he were some brilliant fucking Steve Jobs of pinball. Barry and Dennis are great guys and tend to run pretty open/free flowing design teams. John most definitely needed to be dictated to (if not taken out back), but that doesn't work for everyone, especially when the guy calling the shots has literally never done anything in pinball before. I've worked with most of the pinball/amusement companies out there as a contractor, and they ALL have their own struggles. It's a complicated product with very complicated market forces and a very subjective consumer base. This is even before you get into the obvious lack of management/operating infrastructure at DR.

More room? Sure, if games are flying out the door and no MFG can make them quickly enough, I can imagine some opportunists out there wanting to dive in. But let's see who ships and supports their games.

So to repeatedly tell yourself you could've righted the ship I think will lead to undue torment on your end.

#22667 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ok but no pictures of parts or manufacturing and radio silence please. I don't want to ruin the surprise.
And please go heavy on the hyperbole.

Can you make it a "retro" themed food truck? I like retro. Maybe they serve diner food?

#22668 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Can you make it a "retro" themed food truck? I like retro. Maybe they serve diner food?

it also must contain aliens.. they get hungry too

#22669 2 years ago

You’ll get sushi burritos, artisan French fries, and cronuts and like it

#22670 2 years ago

I previously suggested Robert start a patreon where he plays a braggadocios pinball CEO, doing ridiculous interviews and such with none of the stresses or challenges of actually trying to run a business. I even pre- pre-ordered (committed to sign up if one were launched).

Nothing came of it. But this was before the legal issue was announced and deeproot deep sixed much of its online presence. Perhaps it's time Robert reconsidered.

#22671 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So do scientists. And zombies (though typically not for lobster rolls).

#22672 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You shouldn't be asking these questions. Your safety is in danger.

8EE05281-CB76-49F3-AB28-4D5150747297.gif8EE05281-CB76-49F3-AB28-4D5150747297.gif
#22673 2 years ago

So do scientists. And zombies (though typically not for lobster rolls).

can we work in a tribute to the environmental themes of Python Anghelo’s Popeye? Or is the futuristic space ark saved for Fire and Brimestone

Maybe mix it up from the purple, how about lilac?

#22674 2 years ago

Now that ice is back in town, when's the next parking lot inspection? Midday Wednesday should be a good opportunity to surmise if things are more full speed ahead or furloughed since July.

#22675 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let's do this!

Do you require a secure webpage, or no?

#22676 2 years ago

Now that ice is back in town, when's the next parking lot inspection? Midday Wednesday should be a good opportunity to surmise if things are more full speed ahead or furloughed since July.

zzzUntitled 1 (resized).pngzzzUntitled 1 (resized).png
#22677 2 years ago

Wish fulfillment is strong with this theme. Imagine how much fun it would be to work in one of those trucks.

90 degrees outside.... inside a truck where food is being cooked.... cramped with 2 other people... having to wear a mask....

SIGN ME UP!

#22678 2 years ago

Do it with 3 other people and you have Quad Cooking

#22679 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

can we work in a tribute to the environmental themes of Python Anghelo’s Popeye?

Too bad deeproot ditched their animation studio, they could have wasted another couple of years doing art for the full original concept.

http://backglass.org/williams/kordek_archives/python_apopeyelypse_now.pdf

#22680 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Don't forget Dracula. If Dracula becomes hungry, that might be hazardous to your health.

#22681 2 years ago

Ask the questions...

skitb (resized).pngskitb (resized).png
#22682 2 years ago
0D58ED7E-5786-45AD-99E1-7CC4292649C9.jpeg0D58ED7E-5786-45AD-99E1-7CC4292649C9.jpeg
#22683 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Ask the questions...
[quoted image]

Ha, KK called his mom's basement "the factory".

#22684 2 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

Assuming the legal issues is caused by someone else holding the RAZA license

IANAL, but isn't bankruptcy a "legal" issue?

#22685 2 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

IANAL, but isn't bankruptcy a "legal" issue?

They're be paperwork and notice if that were the case. (because the courts immediately get in the line to stop/control distributions/claims)

#22686 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Too bad deeproot ditched their animation studio, they could have wasted another couple of years doing art for the full original concept.
http://backglass.org/williams/kordek_archives/python_apopeyelypse_now.pdf

Deeproot Studios was spun off into https://www.futurehousestudios.com/, run by one of the former DR employees. Per Future House (a company that may actually produce things), deeproot is one of their top customers. So there's still hope!

#22687 2 years ago

Deeproot Studios was spun off into https://www.futurehousestudios.com/, run by one of the former DR employees. Per Future House (a company that may actually produce things), deeproot is one of their top customers. So there's still hope!

Interesting, in their demo reel you can see footage made for Food Truck and some sort of Medieval game (both are obvious by their extreme widescreen that the deeproot system uses).

https://www.futurehousestudios.com/our-work

I'm kind of sorry we'll never see Food Truck.

#22688 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Interesting, in their demo reel you can see footage made for Food Truck and some sort of Medieval game (both are obvious by their extreme widescreen that the deeproot system uses).

Assume it's for Merlin's Arcade. Has a Tangled feel and would definitely be great in a pinball machine! Maybe the other Merlin game being made by Kaneda's friend or whoever it is would want to buy the assets?

#22689 2 years ago

Feel bad for the Bird

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 8.56.54 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-18 at 8.56.54 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-18 at 8.57.13 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-18 at 8.57.13 AM (resized).png
#22690 2 years ago

Ryan is a great guy.

#22691 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Ryan is a great guy.

Great guy. Horrible employer. RM has done damage all at the expense of hubris. Goodbye mr. mueller. You don’t deserve capital letters.

#22692 2 years ago

If you watch the video you can see the Octo-mfg at about 25 seconds in.

#22693 2 years ago

This remains the single most batshit crazy thing I've read in my time on earth. Every few years I revisit it to see if it's as unhinged as I remember. Every time I rediscover an even more ridiculous detail I'd forgotten. Hard to fathom the amount of cocaine and chutzpah it took for Python to present this to Williams as a game they'd actually manufacture. And they sort of did!

If you've never read it, do yourself a... favor? Pull up a chair, crack open a cold one, cut a few lines on the mirror, and get inside Python's brain for a while.

#22694 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Great guy. Horrible employer. RM has done damage all at the expense of hubris. Goodbye mr. mueller. You don’t deserve capital letters.

??? I wasn't talking about RM.

#22695 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

And some leftover Octo-Manufacturing influences, it appears:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

EDIT: Oops, beat me to it!

Quoted from Quadrat:

If you watch the video you can see the Octo-mfg at about 25 seconds in.

#22696 2 years ago

Wonder if DR paid them.

#22697 2 years ago

What I am posting is still not saying who the new groups are, what their plans are later this year or into 2022. They WILL actually produce games, more than the 2 prototypes that Deeproot has shown over the years.
Here is a early 2016 picture from the camera I still use. Even a 1 person operation (myself) over 5 years with the help of contractors got hundreds of playfields & backglass done.
[quoted image]

Thanks, makes total sense and really clears it up

#22698 2 years ago

This Deeproot saga ending is like watching a Thelma & Louise movie that ends right when they clutch hands. Did they drive off the cliff and die? Did they surrender? Did they do donuts and go nowhere?

A0F7062F-CDF4-4FC0-91F3-068FD652ED05 (resized).jpegA0F7062F-CDF4-4FC0-91F3-068FD652ED05 (resized).jpeg
#22699 2 years ago

Feel bad for the Bird[quoted image][quoted image]

Ned is a perfectly good sculpt. Why do they keep noodling on it?

BF245321-F8DD-4EE5-9EBF-906123E790AA (resized).pngBF245321-F8DD-4EE5-9EBF-906123E790AA (resized).png
09FE8DCA-6201-4F46-AFCD-88FBD4B34DA8 (resized).jpeg09FE8DCA-6201-4F46-AFCD-88FBD4B34DA8 (resized).jpeg

Also I noticed the old UFO sculpt got replaced with the dirt bike. Dizzie Doodle sculpt a little different now too

2D607FDE-206B-4976-BC8D-5BF9985C4CFC (resized).jpeg2D607FDE-206B-4976-BC8D-5BF9985C4CFC (resized).jpeg

There are a lot of subtle changes between the original proto and the “final”

#22700 2 years ago

Because the designers are sitting around bored with nothing else to do?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 454 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/454?hl=alex_m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.