Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 449 of 672.
#22401 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

We still do not know if a past employee working with JPOP from the early days ... Some other vendor from the past or recent. Employee, or government, etc. [is the legal holdup ...]

while i dont speak for everyone, please get back to us when you know something that you can actually share.

#22402 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

while i dont speak for everyone, please get back to us when you know something that you can actually share.

Ditto for everyone else in this thread? Lol

#22403 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Didn’t you say you turned down the opportunity to be partners with Charlie early on to pursue your own path? Burned out at the time?
More of a solo guy? I’m just curious and if so do you have any regrets?

Charlie's big thing is wanting everyone to be in Benton, WI (population 800, 3 bars and a gas station) and that wasn't for me. Also gotta remember I had a full time corpo gig while I was doing AMH so I saw full time Spooky as a huge risk (remember they on were on razors edge first two years)

As for burnout, totally. 2014 was the busiest year of my life. Turned down coding RZ because of it (see also Scott not coding R&M) Actually making real pinball is pretty tough!

#22404 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Charlie's big thing is wanting everyone to be in Benton, WI (population 800, 3 bars and a gas station) and that wasn't for me. Also gotta remember I had a full time corpo gig while I was doing AMH so I saw full time Spooky as a huge risk (remember they on were on razors edge first two years)
As for burnout, totally. 2014 was the busiest year of my life. Turned down coding RZ because of it (see also Scott not coding R&M) Actually making real pinball is pretty tough!

Benton looks like it’s a pretty good spot with fun places to go in all directions when you want to get out?

But I get not wanting to live there and wonder how they will recruit qualified people as they grow?

That was one hell of a gamble Spooky took and it paid off. It really is amazing how difficult pinball is!

Like any other business you gotta master your “process”, get better every day and then wash, rinse and repeat.

I really respect entrepreneurs like Charlie that grind it out and make a successful business out of nothing really. He was smart enough to surround himself with great talent. Takes a great TEAM of people and awesome culture to succeed long term

#22406 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

What is this? An episode of the Brady Bunch?

Gee Bobby, when are we getting our games ?

#22407 2 years ago

You left out "Bill Paxton Pinball" from 2009/2010, a fully working game if I recall correctly. Oh, and very cool.

#22408 2 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

You left out "Bill Paxton Pinball" from 2009/2010, a fully working game if I recall correctly. Oh, and very cool.

The making of vids for that game where the first pinball videos I ever watched on YouTube. At the time I had just started my pinball hobby, and was working on an idea for an Aliens pinball game. When searching for Bill Paxton quotes, Ben's vid popped up. Amazing work, which is still one of the best homebrew pins I've seen.

Damn, still can't believe Bill died so early.

#22409 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Excuse me, Ben didn't have to put up with anything. He knows what's going on he was just waiting for the next ship to come in. Luckily it was spooky. I admire everything Ben has done and think hes a swell guy. How's that? And J pop is a scattered brained nincompoop and I think he swell as well. Be nice. That is all.

#22410 2 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

You recall correctly - I played it a few years ago at SS Billiards in the twin cities.

#22411 2 years ago

Couple things I don't think we've seen previously:

Different, fancier promo for RAZA from Big Balloon Productions
https://vimeo.com/488328134
Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 1.30.32 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-15 at 1.30.32 PM (resized).png

Elsewhere, company founder's lists 2020 VIP RAZA documentary among credits

https://vimeo.com/374050041
"'The Stump King' and 'Nom Nom Knight' are owned by deeproot studios"
Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 1.30.46 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-15 at 1.30.46 PM (resized).png

#22412 2 years ago

Just giving my opinion on a exit strategy. Anyone else seems to have a say on pinside. Who knows what is really going on with Deep Root. Should be a Secret Society Group, they are very good with propaganda of everything they were going to do. Very weak on execution. Until the real story comes out we go on theories of what is going on or not.

#22414 2 years ago

Just giving my opinion on a exit strategy. Anyone else seems to have a say on pinside. Who knows what is really going on with Deep Root. Should be a Secret Society Group, they are very good with propaganda of everything they were going to do. Very weak on execution. Until the real story comes out we go on theories of what is going on or not.

I respect your commitment to never writing the name of the company correctly. I imagine it drives Robert crazy.

#22416 2 years ago

Yes it just seems like a better way. My mistake all this time. Deeproot Pinball. Maybe that is why I did not get hired by them remotely years ago. They could of had a voice of reason, & help out the production side + service tech part of the biz.

#22417 2 years ago

Yes it just seems like a better way. My mistake all this time. Deeproot Pinball. Maybe that is why I did not get hired by them remotely years ago. They could of had a voice of reason, & help out the production side + service tech part of the biz.

Not saying you should stop!

Though, to be a stickler, it's technically "deeproot Pinball"

#22418 2 years ago

Now that deeproot has deep sixed its phone numbers, I can imagine pre-order folks left in the dark (or others with legitimate reasons) wishing they could call Robert to at least leave him a voicemail like they previously could.

If that's the case, let me know. I've come across a couple published-on-the-internet numbers (nothing private) that seem legit.

#22419 2 years ago

They could of had a voice of reason, & help out the production side + service tech part of the biz.

Right.

#22420 2 years ago

Ever heard of dodging a bullet? Consider your rejection dodging one of those acme bombs that always exploded on the coyote.

#22421 2 years ago

Well I was in talks from the early days. They would not allow me to work remotely part time. Wanted people there in Texas. No big deal since I wanted to make sure I retired from my 6 day a week city job. There will likely be another pinball job in the near future.

Sent: January 15, 2018 9:15 PM
To: Craig Rushforth
Subject: Re: deeproot Tech Web Contact Form

I was on talks for about a year as they were getting the dream team together. Not going to post up our talks.

#22422 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Now that deeproot has deep sixed its phone numbers, I can imagine pre-order folks left in the dark (or others with legitimate reasons) wishing they could call Robert to at least leave him a voicemail like they previously could.
If that's the case, let me know. I've come across a couple published-on-the-internet numbers (nothing private) that seem legit.

Posted 3 days ago in the club thread. I'm sceptical but hoping it's a good sign for them.

Quoted from wrb1977:

my money has already been spent so I’m just staying positive based off of my continuing communications with deeproot. Yes, they are still very responsive.

#22423 2 years ago

Well I was in talks from the early days. They would not allow me to work remotely part time. Wanted people there in Texas. No big deal since I wanted to make sure I retired from my 6 day a week city job. There will likely be another pinball job in the near future.From: john greatwich
I was on talks for about a year as they were getting the dream team together.

Are you.. bragging about “almost” being picked for the losing team?

#22424 2 years ago

Well I was in talks from the early days. They would not allow me to work remotely part time. Wanted people there in Texas. No big deal since I wanted to make sure I retired from my 6 day a week city job. There will likely be another pinball job in the near future.
I was on talks for about a year as they were getting the dream team together. Not going to post up our talks.

matrix-dodge.gifmatrix-dodge.gif
#22425 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Posted 3 days ago in the club thread. I'm sceptical but hoping it's a good sign for them.

Perhaps they're being responsive to emails sent to the generic contact address. Here's hoping! That said, if anyone is having trouble getting a response and wants the phone numbers, my dms are open.

#22426 2 years ago

Dodged a bigger bullet not helping out JPOP Magic Girl buyers. Not a rich guy, but I would of provided help. Some people know that one, not JPOP.

#22427 2 years ago

Why doesn’t somebody just go up and knock on the door? Seems reasonable at this point. If RM doesn’t want people doing this then he should give a weekly update considering

#22428 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Why doesn’t somebody just go up and knock on the door? Seems reasonable at this point. If RM doesn’t want people doing this then he should give a weekly update considering

matrix-dodge.gifmatrix-dodge.gif
#22429 2 years ago

That said, if anyone is having trouble getting a response and wants the phone numbers, my dms are open.

I thinks that's a good idea. All of those guys need to take action rather than just sitting around waiting for others. Knocking on the door absolutely needs to be done no excuses.

#22430 2 years ago

how are pre-order buyers coping with the latest ?

#22431 2 years ago

Probably in fk it mode

C62811BB-F63E-4BB7-87E0-D436792CB56B.gifC62811BB-F63E-4BB7-87E0-D436792CB56B.gif
#22432 2 years ago

Riddle me this: Who the hell is the president of Zidware and is there room in the company for John to grow?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnpopadiuk/

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 7.55.28 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-15 at 7.55.28 PM (resized).png

#22433 2 years ago

His wife.

#22434 2 years ago

The wet dream team

#22435 2 years ago

Couple things I don't think we've seen previously:
Different, fancier promo for RAZA from Big Balloon Productions
https://vimeo.com/488328134
[quoted image]
Elsewhere, company founder's lists 2020 VIP RAZA documentary among credits
https://vimeo.com/374050041
"'The Stump King' and 'Nom Nom Knight' are owned by deeproot studios"
[quoted image]

I’d be pretty hyped to see a pinball machine with stop motion animated cutscenes. Terrible business choice but I’d like to see it

Hot Wheels has that, but AP cut up a YouTube kids show that Mattel had made. That’s a good business choice (and an underrated game)

#22436 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’d be pretty hyped to see a pinball machine with stop motion animated cutscenes. Terrible business choice but I’d like to see it
Hot Wheels has that, but AP cut up a YouTube kids show that Mattel had made. That’s a good business choice (and an underrated game)

With as much money as they had, it could have been a phenomenal company. Robert and Jpop ruined it all. A guy like Joe Balcer would have gotten it done. If anyone ever starts a pinball company, they should hire Joe.

#22437 2 years ago

Since I've joined Pinside , however many years ago, these failure threads have been a constant source of entertainment.

#22438 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

[quoted image]

Thing is, he keeps saying he would help dr out, so not really dodging a bullet, since they won't hire him. I think he thinks he could right that ship.

#22439 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Since I've joined Pinside , however many years ago, these failure threads have been a constant source of entertainment.

Find the thread titled "dr, positive vibes" and post how dr has impacted you personally!

#22440 2 years ago

Cary Hardy posted this on his YT:

The leaks begin. Confirmed. Employees of deeproot have been put on furlough since 7/13/2021. Due to a legal issue - or that is what they are being told...

#22441 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The leaks begin. Confirmed. Employees of deeproot have been put on furlough since 7/13/2021. Due to a legal issue - or that is what they are being told...

A whole month is a very long time to go without pay.

What possible legal issue could stop them from making payroll? Sounds like crap, but I'm not a lawyer.

#22442 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

A whole month is a very long time to go without pay.
What possible legal issue could stop them from making payroll? Sounds like crap, but I'm not a lawyer.

Legally Bob isn't required to pay them out of his pocket, so it could be that.

Legally, Bob can't rob a cash advance store and pay them, so it could be that.

Legally, it could be a lot of things.

#22443 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Legally Bob isn't required to pay them out of his pocket, so it could be that.
Legally, Bob can't rob a cash advance store and pay them, so it could be that.
Legally, it could be a lot of things.

HOW could a company with a million or so in burn rate a month, and years of those months adding up, with no revenue, ever run out of money? Its like the world does not make any sense any more...

#22444 2 years ago

But final round pinball said everything is cool at deeproot (as far as they know!) in terms of employees getting paid and commiserated with Robert over supply chains issues, production delays, and the challenges of creating a great game.

Jeff Teolis said some people on the internet are getting antsy to get their games. But if he and his fellow preorderers get their RAZAs, no one will care about the delays.

#22445 2 years ago

But final round pinball said everything is cool at deeproot (as far as they know!) in terms of employees getting paid and commiserated with Robert over supply chains issues, production delays, and the challenges of creating a great game.
Jeff Teolis said some people on the internet are getting antsy to get their games. But if he and his fellow preorderers get their RAZAs, no one will care about the delays.

Maybe it still gets built, but you'd think based on when people left and joined deeproot based on linkedin's....they're going to have to go on another hiring spree to make it happen.

I think I guessed deliveries starting in September back in like January. I'm going to move that to Spring 2022 if anything comes out.

#22446 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thing is, he keeps saying he would help dr out, so not really dodging a bullet, since they won't hire him. I think he thinks he could right that ship.

"This guy has been divorced four times but I'll be the woman to change him!"

#22447 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Maybe it still gets built, but you'd think based on when people left and joined deeproot based on linkedin's....they're going to have to go on another hiring spree to make it happen.
I think I guessed deliveries starting in September back in like January. I'm going to move that to Spring 2022 if anything comes out.

Well, as a not well connected person in the pinball media and industry - particularly not one who has worked with deeproot on at least Raza and promoted the company for years - I don't see how you could get any insight to say such a thing or even say anything other than you have no idea what's going on there.

#22448 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Haven't seen it yet. Did he mention what the true sales number of total RAZA's were?

Do you have a link?

#22449 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

deeproot's deepthroat?

#22450 2 years ago

Well, as a not well connected person in the pinball media and industry - particularly not one who has worked with deeproot on at least Raza and promoted the company for years - I don't see how you could get any insight to say such a thing or even say anything other than you have no idea what's going on there.

your google-fu is the only source I need

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 449 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/449?hl=alex_m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.