Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 443 of 672.
#22101 2 years ago

Rumor has it the shipping boxes and Pinpods are turning up at the homeless camps in San Antonio. Glad to see them being put to good use and recycled.

SmartSelect_20210811-125023_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20210811-125023_Chrome (resized).jpg

#22102 2 years ago

This just sucks.. Glad I didn't go after the Developer position over at DeepRoot I'd be so screwed

#22103 2 years ago

Last I checked, Bob wasn't registered with the Texas Bar Association to practice law. I could be wrong though.

Either way, he isn't going to spend any of his stashed millions hiring a lawyer to defend a defunct company.

#22104 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hey guys, will JPop still come to my house to finish building the game?

Lol, yeah.. like Lightning Fast VCR Repair (If you're familiar with Half in the Bag youtube series)

#22105 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Last I checked, Bob wasn't registered with the Texas Bar Association to practice law. I could be wrong though.
Either way, he isn't going to spend any of his stashed millions hiring a lawyer to defend a defunct company.

He is up to date on the Texas Bar site. Specializes in wills and probate.

#22106 2 years ago

Specialized in Pinside law too.

Quoted from deeproot:

Stay out of it Ben. I consider your comment to be providing legal advice without a license.
—Robert

#22107 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Damn, Deeproots website has zero security. People have been able to get ALL customer information, how many pins they ordered, serial numbers etc.

In regards to game totals - It might be interesting to know how many were:

1. zidware carryovers
2. how many new sale deposit only
3. how many new sale that paid in full
4. Also other multiple purchasers aside from the 9 orders from one party mentioned in the video.

#22108 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Damn, Deeproots website has zero security. People have been able to get ALL customer information, how many pins they ordered, serial numbers etc.

I don't think the data was just sitting there out in the open. I suspect they really had to work to dig it out.

#22109 2 years ago

Considering the onerous terms vs how many sued vs how many don't care anymore I'd guess MAYBE 25 people took the Goodwill Deal?

Makes you wonder, what was the 500k DR piped through ZW for? I mean, we know WHY they did it (screw the other creditors and take everything) but what was the excuse given?

You don't need 500k to make 25 games.

#22110 2 years ago

Hey remember how Robert wanted to make a real version of Windows 95 Space Cadet.exe?

Now THERE'S a guy with his finger on the pulse of what the hobby wants, lemme tell ya!

#22111 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hey remember how Robert wanted to make a real version of Windows 95 Space Cadet.exe?
Now THERE'S a guy with his finger on the pulse of what the hobby wants, lemme tell ya!

Well it did come out in the 90's. Pretty much all the stuff they showed was going for some 80's or 90's throwback. The yeti game is a whitewater sequel. The medieval game was 8 ball deluxe layout. Goonies. Food truck being a diner spiritual successor I guess. Your fav raza/cyclone. The only "modern" idea was a bigass screen by the flippers....

#22112 2 years ago

Ok, this picture is just screaming for the addition of RM's "deformed legal dick"...

D9006FC9-FC4B-4A86-8C9F-CD672D53708C (resized).jpegD9006FC9-FC4B-4A86-8C9F-CD672D53708C (resized).jpeg
#22113 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Space Cadet is a very meh game that can’t physically be built without compromises. But there is certainly some level of demand for that theme based on how many people randomly ask for it or set off to build one before realizing they can’t.

It hits a certain nostalgic sweet spot that the industry is beginning to cater too.

Wouldn’t sell well vs movie/tv/dad-rock pins, but I think more people want that game more than you might think.

#22114 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

#22115 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, this picture is just screaming for the addition of RM's "deformed legal dick"...
[quoted image]

Do not google "assistant health secretary" after looking at this photo.

#22116 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Uncanny! Separated at birth?

#22117 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Brother and sister separated at birth?

EDIT: blueberry had me by seconds.

#22118 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Brother and sister separated at birth?

Umm Brother and Brother, until he became a she. "She" now helps guide mental health decisions in Pennsylvania.

#22119 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't think the data was just sitting there out in the open. I suspect they really had to work to dig it out.

I'd guess not. That is, it's not that it was out in the open, but that it wouldn't be very hard for people with mild skills to access. I bet I know a handful of people who within thirty minutes of being giving the URL and the goal would get it done. And it's not like I know master hackers or anything (I don't).

#22120 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I'd guess not. That is, it's not that it was out in the open, but that it wouldn't be very hard for people with mild skills to access. I bet I know a handful of people who within thirty minutes of being giving the URL and the goal would get it done. And it's not like I know master hackers or anything (I don't).

In the security world, if it's not secure and can be found/exploited, it's out in the open.

#22121 2 years ago

Please be careful with that info. You could open yourself up to liability and some of our privacy. Since I was 1 of the dumbasses that put down a deposit and have huge regrets for not listening. Let the liability lie with deep gut.

Thank you

#22122 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Left Claw North, right Claw South!!!!

It's been a LONG GODDAMN TIME since I've seen a Lobster Magnet reference.

#22123 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

1. zidware carryovers
4. Also other multiple purchasers aside from the 9 orders from one party mentioned in the video.

EXACTLY...........Numbers please.

#22124 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

EXACTLY...........Numbers please.

Quoted from NoQuarters:

1. zidware carryovers

5. How many were purchased by Robert, other staff, and or deeproot as an entity

#22125 2 years ago

You would of thought that data would be locked away in a secure database!

#22126 2 years ago

@ cpr9999 Ref your post in the other thread - I disagree with your assessment of the cat/dog pictures in this thread being crappy. There are some very good posts and the animals had sense enough not to order any games. What's your 3 or 4 pound dog think about all this ?

Challenge to post your dog pic with comment.

#22127 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

@ cpr9999 Ref your post in the other thread - I disagree with your assessment of the cat/dog pictures in this thread being crappy. There are some very good posts and the animals had sense enough not to order any games. What's your 3 or 4 pound dog think about all this ?

Challenge to post your dog pic with comment.

Ok - challenge accepted.

He is tired of all this Deeproot talk - he’s sleeping on it! All 4lbs.

PS - leg shot was for you…

2DB374A4-CD2F-41E6-A106-CB7AC4BEF088 (resized).jpeg2DB374A4-CD2F-41E6-A106-CB7AC4BEF088 (resized).jpeg

#22128 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

The database probably can't be accessed directly. There's probably a flaw in the website code that somehow can return more data than it actually should.

#22129 2 years ago

Something tells me this was as simple as tweaking the url strings and all of a sudden data was given up.

#22130 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Something tells me this was as simple as tweaking the url strings and all of a sudden data was given up.

It's called a sql injection attack.

#22131 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

It's called a sql injection attack.

Among other possibilities. Hell, I already posted earlier in the thread known critical and major vulnerabilities existing in the version of one of the JavaScript libraries used on the site. And finding that was as simple as running a default tool included in chrome.

#22132 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

it was, but you have to unload it in the garage because it doesn't fit through a door

#22133 2 years ago

heresthefubar (resized).pngheresthefubar (resized).png

#22134 2 years ago

I have been getting a lot of messages today. Understandable. Thought I would inform everyone that the ability to access this data from their website was acknowledged back in December of last year. This was their response when told how it was obtained:

"Thank you for letting us know. We definitely do not intend to show that information. I have passed it on to IT to promptly correct. Thank you!"

Again, December and the website is still vulnerable? I have had this data for months! My intent? Absolutely nothing. I was only obtaining it to counter a possible exaggeration of their sales of the game. Once they announced '122' I glanced at the data and assumed it to be around that amount. Then I forgot all about it. I understand why some of you would feel a violation of privacy, but please understand this wasn't meant to cause harm. I couldn't care less about this data. I forgot I even had it. For you buyers ease of mind there is no financial data available. If there was something like that I would have been a siren to make sure it got fixed, but since the data was very moderate and what I believe to be useless I didn't think to follow up (nor should I have to if they actually had an IT department). The information obtained:

Game #
First Name
Last Name
deeproot login ID (some of use your Pinside ID I noticed)
Email Address
Game Model
Serial # (all serials begin either with RZX or RZA - depending on your purchase)

I'm not releasing this information - it can die with the company. I apologize if this has caused you any worry - hopefully this post can help with your questions.

#22135 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I have been getting a lot of messages today. Understandable. Thought I would inform everyone that the ability to access this data from their website was acknowledged back in December of last year. This was their response when told how it was obtained:
"Thank you for letting us know. We definitely do not intend to show that information. I have passed it on to IT to promptly correct. Thank you!"
Again, December and the website is still vulnerable? I have had this data for months! My intent? Absolutely nothing. I was only obtaining it to counter a possible exaggeration of their sales of the game. Once they announced '122' I glanced at the data and assumed it to be around that amount. Then I forgot all about it. I understand why some of you would feel a violation of privacy, but please understand this wasn't meant to cause harm. I couldn't care less about this data. I forgot I even had it. For you buyers ease of mind there is no financial data available. If there was something like that I would have been a siren to make sure it got fixed, but since the data was very moderate and what I believe to be useless I didn't think to follow up (nor should I have to if they actually had an IT department). The information obtained:
Game #
First Name
Last Name
Email Address
Game Model
Serial # (all serials begin either with RZX or RZA - depending on your purchase)
I'm not releasing this information - it can die with the company. I apologize if this has caused you any worry - hopefully this post can help with your questions.

Can you tell how many were bought by Robert or other company employees?

How many unique buyers were there? (Since some bought a few)

#22136 2 years ago

Robert isn't listed on any game. There are many vacant spots for game #'s though. Lists the game as "Xtra" or "Arcade" edition, but no buyer info.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Robert isn't listed on any game. There are many vacant spots for game #'s though. Lists the game as "Xtra" or "Arcade" edition, but no buyer info.

#22137 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

^^. We gotta know Cary, don’t hold out on us. This summary info shouldn’t pose any concerns, right? How many vacant ones are there? Then maybe we could take a mental leap and align it with “games” Robert may have bought. Also look and see if a courtesy game is assigned to be delivered to Vinny, aka mr_blueberry.

#22138 2 years ago

Hey don't push Cary too hard guys.

If this was a year ago he'd have been served by now.

#22139 2 years ago

Thanks for this.
I'm Alex M, can you tell me what game # I'm not getting?

Hopefully it's #69.

I'm aware I've been screwed at this point. I don't care you have the data, but I'll change my password on other sites that match what I used on theirs cause obviously their security is shit.

Sad about the lost $. There will be no game. Acceptance phase....

#22140 2 years ago

Are there any photos of two or more completed machines (of the same model) next to each other?
I've only seen images of the single prototype.

I did find this image of the Triple Process in 2017, way before Quad and Octo were perfected.

RAZA23 (resized).jpgRAZA23 (resized).jpg
#22141 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hey don't push Cary too hard guys.
If this was a year ago he'd have been served by now.

I'm not sure what it is, but that dude is definitely practicing SOMETHING without a license!

#22142 2 years ago

Old news! That's before the game was Mueller-fied (tm)

Instead of this garbage we should convince CGC to make Attack from Mars 3: Vengeance from Venus!

#22143 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Are there any photos of two or more completed machines (of the same model) next to each other?
I've only seen images of the single prototype.
I did find this image of the Triple Process in 2017, way before Quad and Octo were perfected.
[quoted image]

There’s definitely at least two just because they showed off the arcade and the extra edition, including a field test of having them on location for a day.

Quoted from benheck:

Old news! That's before the game was Mueller-fied (tm)
Instead of this garbage we should convince CGC to make Attack from Mars 3: Vengeance from Venus!

Could it be set at an amusement park? Possibly with some zombies? Oh and a Dracula. Vampires were very hot in 2008.

#22144 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

The information obtained:
Game #
First Name
Last Name

I did a little exploring myself and was really surprised to see Ben Heck listed for a RZX edition!

#22145 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I did a little exploring myself and was really surprised to see Ben Heck in for a RZX edition!

I knew it. We all thought it was true. Now confirmed. I bet he has a pin pod on order as well.

#22146 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I did a little exploring myself and was really surprised to see Ben Heck listed for a RZX edition!

Also paid extra up front to have Jpop come to his house for final assembly.

#22147 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Also paid extra up front to have Jpop come to his house for final assembly.

I literally laughed out loud!

#22148 2 years ago

It's fun re-reading the first few pages of this thread. Amazing, too, how many people saw the writing on the wall.

#22149 2 years ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Thanks for this.
I'm Alex M, can you tell me what game # I'm not getting?
Hopefully it's #69.
I'm aware I've been screwed at this point. I don't care you have the data, but I'll change my password on other sites that match what I used on theirs cause obviously their security is shit.
Sad about the lost $. There will be no game. Acceptance phase....

You are #32!

#22150 2 years ago

69 would be SO much cooler

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 443 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/443?hl=famdockevin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.