• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 442 of 669.
#22051 2 years ago

When this is all over with, I'm flying to Texas and securing the movie rights from the first night janitor I find.

#22052 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You know, believe it or not, I do have some empathy for John.
He didn't start with bad intentions but very early on his expenditures were outstripping his ability.
There was a point (probably in 2015) where he should have packed it up but kept going. Maybe to save ego, save his house, save his marriage?
Call it a "Walter White" moment - where he has to double down and enter into scam territory because his actions and ego have left that as the only recourse.
All vestige of talent is gone. All we see now is a former star who is trying to fool investors one after the other with blinking boxes of lights as he limps towards turning 64 years old.

Let me just say this, in early 2014, after 2.5 years casually watching jpops progress with MG and after long stretches of nada, I finally saw a FB update. Excitedly, I clicked on it. It was a water jet or laser jet cutout of a plastic protector for a non existent slingshot. That's all. A fancy washer with a Z on it. Having said that, I paid in full for a RAZA. I thought, surely, no one with any skin in the game would allow this to happen twice, especially if their noggin is nonpareil.

#22053 2 years ago

I'm not around Pinside so much these days, it appears I've let my sub lapse. I'll have to fix that. But it means that I can no longer hide ads, and they're actually pretty interesting for the story they tell. Like, wt-actual-f is this?

neo-fusion (resized).jpgneo-fusion (resized).jpg

NEO FUSION ULTRA PLUS, for uh ... $600? Are people buying this stuff? The marketing name makes me want to scrub my skin. The fact that it's got ads for whatever the hell that is makes me think there's an audience spending that kind of money on it.

And that's why John fleeced a whole new round of people, you stick some lights on something and give it a brand and common sense goes out the window. We've been screaming about the Jpop scam shit for years, and it's like there's selective hearing.

No offense Yoreland, sorry you got taken, not trying to kick you while you're down. But this:

Quoted from Yoreland:

Having said that, I paid in full for a RAZA. I thought, surely no one would allow this to happen twice.

That's why this stuff keeps happening. People just want to believe so hard they let go of common sense. Of course it happened twice. Nothing actually changed from the first time! Definition of insanity and all that.

Buy games with functional whitewoods, not games that only look pretty in attract mode.

#22054 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

When this is all over with, I'm flying to Texas and securing the movie rights from the first night janitor I find.

Good DR Hunting ? Maybe that was the missing piece here. They wrote the question “How do we build RAZA ?” on the white board in their conference room hoping the janitor would write out the answer in the middle of the night to their seemingly insolvable problem. Never found one who could. Its why they kept the job ad up and delaying production.

#22055 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not around Pinside so much these days, it appears I've let my sub lapse. I'll have to fix that. But it means that I can no longer hide ads, and they're actually pretty interesting for the story they tell. Like, wt-actual-f is this?
[quoted image]
NEO FUSION ULTRA PLUS, for uh ... $600? Are people buying this stuff?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"22353f13c444ebd24533742c37ba5157ffe32f97-1628661740-1800"};
//]]>

The marketing name makes me want to scrub my skin. The fact that it's got ads for whatever the hell that is makes me think there's an audience spending that kind of money on it.
And that's why John fleeced a whole new round of people, you stick some lights on something and give it a brand and common sense goes out the window. We've been screaming about the Jpop scam shit for years, and it's like there's selective hearing.
No offense Yoreland, sorry you got taken, not trying to kick you while you're down. But this:

That's why this stuff keeps happening. People just want to believe so hard they let go of common sense. Of course it happened twice. Nothing actually changed from the first time! Definition of insanity and all that.
Buy games with functional whitewoods, not games that only look pretty in attract mode.

Thanks. The game works. That is evidenced by the livestream with Bowden. I just wonder why manufacturing never factored into the equation. I didn't realize that stupidity was so prolific, Mine and the Principal Nogginmeister's. I paid in full so I wouldn't have to wait forever.

#22056 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Good DR Hunting ?

goodwill3 (resized).jpggoodwill3 (resized).jpg
#22058 2 years ago
d041ca57e5c38c22bfdf83ff2b5a263498463d7d (resized).jpgd041ca57e5c38c22bfdf83ff2b5a263498463d7d (resized).jpgdave-mustaine-megadeath-slug (resized).jpgdave-mustaine-megadeath-slug (resized).jpg
#22059 2 years ago

This is Simon.

Simon says Deeproot customers got boned.

simon (resized).jpgsimon (resized).jpg
#22060 2 years ago

The level of denial in the 'other thread' is scary and shows why these scams keep happening.

#22061 2 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

This Rorschach rabbit LOOKS murderous !

Ha ha. She’s actually a sweetheart. Robert has nothing to worry about (from the bunny, that is).

DC756308-2186-4383-A684-3362BE6EB6ED (resized).jpegDC756308-2186-4383-A684-3362BE6EB6ED (resized).jpeg
#22062 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Have at it, memers (and be nice!):
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Credit: https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/10/19/pinball-expo-2018-friday/

Clean JPOP (for other photoshoppers)
jpop_clean (resized).jpgjpop_clean (resized).jpg

"Guess what pinside, I found another rich guy that likes pinball. Get ready for RAZA 3.0!!"
raza_3 (resized).jpgraza_3 (resized).jpg

#22063 2 years ago

Here's Paris and Reese. One is an AKC registered German Shepherd, and the other is a rescue pup from the pound. Can you tell which is real and which is fake?

IMG_2276 (resized).JPGIMG_2276 (resized).JPG

I'll give you a clue...

IMG_2276_Dr (resized).JPGIMG_2276_Dr (resized).JPG

#22064 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You know, believe it or not, I do have some empathy for John.
He didn't start with bad intentions but very early on his expenditures were outstripping his ability.
There was a point (probably in 2015) where he should have packed it up but kept going. Maybe to save ego, save his house, save his marriage?
Call it a "Walter White" moment - where he has to double down and enter into scam territory because his actions and ego have left that as the only recourse.
All vestige of talent is gone. All we see now is a former star who is trying to fool investors one after the other with blinking boxes of lights as he limps towards turning 64 years old.

I don't think Robert had bad intentions either - issue is they both have ZERO ability to run a manufacturing company

#22065 2 years ago

Ben, great stuff!

buuuuuuut the whole Texas saving "The Principal" part kinda hurts to see.

#22066 2 years ago

Hmmmmm

8d5d9a05c0291c74a1cf22854b4b0ad5fb34ff1d (resized).jpg8d5d9a05c0291c74a1cf22854b4b0ad5fb34ff1d (resized).jpg9bf31c7ff062936a96d3c8bd1f8f2ff3 (resized).jpg9bf31c7ff062936a96d3c8bd1f8f2ff3 (resized).jpg
#22067 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Clean JPOP (for other photoshoppers)
[quoted image]

alternate
coffeetalk (resized).pngcoffeetalk (resized).png

#22068 2 years ago

Damn, Deeproots website has zero security. People have been able to get ALL customer information, how many pins they ordered, serial numbers etc.

#22069 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I don't think Robert had bad intentions either - issue is they both have ZERO ability to run a manufacturing company

True but with Zidware, Jpop eventually turned to the darkside rather than be honest and ask for help. Three of us got together behind the scenes with a large cash infusion offer and a rescue plan. Psychedelic Johnny said not needed at the time and assured me all was fine.

#22070 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Damn, Deeproots website has zero security. People have been able to get ALL customer information, how many pins they ordered, serial numbers etc.

Man, Cary is not holding back. Its refreshing to hear

#22071 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

this tire fire keeps growing.

#22072 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Man, Cary is not holding back. Its refreshing to hear

Hmm, makes me think I can figure out the order stuff if i poke around more on the site. I have a list of people's store credits already but that was just by looking at user profiles (since they publicly list that info!). Sitting with chrome developer tools on the user and shop pages is probably a good place to start to get to where he has. The guy who ordered nine games surely a distributor.

#22073 2 years ago

Not sure what everyone is worried about, there are serial numbers! Surely this must mean the games are coming soon!

[/sarcasm]

#22074 2 years ago

Also have thought it interesting that the pre-order thread has by and large gone silent in the past couple weeks, at least from the perspective of the folks who used to post there. I assume they took up Kim's suggestion of creating a private discussion group and/or have received and update from or about deeproot that has them continuing to hold out hope.

#22075 2 years ago

Deleted. Wasn't appropriate.

#22076 2 years ago

The website thing.... OMG.

Cary just became the canary in the "how neutered is Robert?" coal mine. God speed son!

#22077 2 years ago

Cary mentions that there isn't 122 preorders according to the data he has.

Didn't I read somewhere that Robert is keeping 30 Razas for himself?

#22078 2 years ago

SPACE??....they should go into Pinball......

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 10.43.11 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-11 at 10.43.11 AM (resized).png
#22079 2 years ago

Chrome does indicate deeprootpinball.com is using old versions of javascript library with several known vulnerabilities, one of them of critical severity and others of high. Instructions for how to exploit the vulnerabilities are available for anyone who'd like to try out.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is a means of extracting the info cary describes (or more). That said, it wouldn't surprise me if doing that is actually even simpler than going this route. That the vulnerabilities aren't the product of known issues with libraries, but rather even more basic problems with shoddy coding or setup by deeproot.

#22080 2 years ago

Chrome does indicate deeprootpinball.com is using old versions of javascript library with several known vulnerabilities, one of them of critical severity and others of high. Instructions for how to exploit the vulnerabilities are available for anyone who'd like to try out.
It wouldn't surprise me if this is a means of extracting the info cary describes (or more). That said, it wouldn't surprise me if doing that is actually even simpler than going this route. That the vulnerabilities aren't the product of known issues with libraries, but rather even more basic problems with shoddy coding or setup by deeproot.

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe this constitutes criminal behavior. It's a bit different when scraping publicly accessible data vs actively hacking in.

#22081 2 years ago

I assume they took up Kim's suggestion of creating a private discussion group and/

I don't think so. They would have to post a notice for people to join (and privately provide proof). Too many RAZA lukers/off Pinside customers and only a few vocal people. The people that have declared themselves in that thread probably total around 10.

And after reviewing my inebriated suggestion, thier group is way too small to begin with and it would be a dead zone.

#22082 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Cary mentions that there isn't 122 preorders according to the data he has.
Didn't I read somewhere that Robert is keeping 30 Razas for himself?

Yes that is a rumor which is lent weight by what Cary says.

The failure of thits company is staggering.

The "other thread" has moved into Bargaining stage. Only two more to go. Some guy named Super Sandwich keeps talking about the new companies spooling up to peddle the hope they might buy RAZA.

NOBODY IS GONNA BUY A POS GAME FROM A SUE HAPPY LAWYER!

#22083 2 years ago

have they asked for payment in full? that's probably all they need to build games now

#22084 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yes that is a rumor which is lent weight by what Cary says.
The failure of thits company is staggering.
The "other thread" has moved into Bargaining stage. Only two more to go. Some guy named Super Sandwich keeps talking about the new companies spooling up to peddle the hope they might buy RAZA.
NOBODY IS GONNA BUY A POS GAME FROM A SUE HAPPY LAWYER!

Sometimes I think John @ great pinball has inhaled too many Varathane fumes over the years

#22085 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe this constitutes criminal behavior. It's a bit different when scraping publicly accessible data vs actively hacking in.

Oh sure. But doesn't mean people won't do it. There are tons of script kiddies and automated processes that constantly scan the internet for known vulnerabilities and exploit them to get or do whatever they allow one to do or get. They don't even have to target a site specifically to end up doing this for a particular site. That's why you want to always keep your site's security up to date, be judicious in how many libraries you include, and definitely keep an eye on the ones you do so you can remove, replace, or update them to avoid situations like these:

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 5.16.50 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-11 at 5.16.50 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 5.17.04 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-11 at 5.17.04 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 5.17.29 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-11 at 5.17.29 AM (resized).png

#22086 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't think so. They would have to post a notice for people to join (and privately provide proof). Too many RAZA lukers/off Pinside customers and only a few vocal people. The people that have declared themselves in that thread probably total around 10.
And after reviewing my inebriated suggestion, thier group is way too small to begin with and it would be a dead zone.

Guy stole 40 million. White hats have at it.

#22087 2 years ago

Watch for the Deeproot website to go down next after this.

#22088 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Watch for the Deeproot website to go down next after this.

By the sounds of it everything has already been scrapped, so no biggie. GAH will always be remembered for their high score of 77,313 (what is this, an EM?)

#22089 2 years ago

Hey guys, will JPop still come to my house to finish building the game?

#22090 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes. And it will take approximately five years, so I hope you have a guest room.

#22091 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How close is your nearest coffee shop? There's a sweet spot of being close enough to one to attract him to the area, but if it's too close he'll stray. Either way it won't be built...but if you play your cards right, he'll clog your toilet after a few too many cups. Afterall, this is all about getting a turd

#22092 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

How close is your nearest coffee shop? There's a sweet spot of being close enough to one to attract him to the area, but if it's too close he'll stray. Either way it won't be built...but if you play your cards right, he'll clog your toilet after a few too many cups.

I think that’s the LE model only

#22093 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think that’s the LE model only

He'll blow your mind away when he figures out how to make neon brown

#22094 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

When deeproot is a smoldering ruin and Robert is led off by the SEC, I'll share my TRUE opinions on the ulterior motives behind THAT one.

#22095 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

"Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

#22096 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

When deeproot is a smoldering ruin and Robert is led off by the SEC, I'll share my TRUE opinions on the ulterior motives behind THAT one.

JPop is homeless? Hence the focus on building the best box for a pinball machine/homeless encampment on the market

Or just another general stall tactic while Jpop drinks coffee and watches others do the work.

#22097 2 years ago

Ballsy if Cary to divulge that info, especially naming someone and disclosing their order information. Robert loves to swing his deformed legal dick all over the place.

#22098 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Ballsy if Cary to divulge that info, especially naming someone and disclosing their order information. Robert loves to swing his deformed legal dick all over the place.

Exactly, and I am glad to see that someone (Cary) finally has the balls to say (literally) "phuck it" despite knowing how Robert loves to intimidate people with bogus legal threats. Good for him!

#22099 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

OMG the mind reels

#22100 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well now I’ve got THAT image in my head.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 442 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/442?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.