View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 437 of 672.
#21801 2 years ago

If anyone has ever done any real manufacturing they would know that all companies that have a clue have in place GMP or “Good Manufacturing Process”. This isn’t so much a judgement on whether one is doing a “good” job as much as it is a way of life of both designing and building ones parts and maintaining quality control for delivered product. Everything that has been posted thus far seems to indicate DR doesn’t seem to know any of what this acronym entails. If they did, no way that their December delivery slips to “sometime in the future”, and they pull this “UL certification” out of thin air at the last minute as one more in a series of excuses. Face it they had a duct tape prototype team there and not an experienced manufacturing team. Now you need the duct tape prototype team to get an initial design, but you need an experienced manufacturing team to take if from there. The outcome of that shortcoming has sort of been inevitable.

#21802 2 years ago

Oh God Ice are you implying that one of these startups is dumb enough to buy the DR crumbs so the investors can claw back SOME money? And said startup will make RAZA?

You know... If they just take it and make it, and leave Crazy Eyes and Boy Wonder behind... Might be OK.

#21803 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

There are likely production samples. Do you think that huge staff did nothing all these years. Lots of info at Deep Root or on hopefully secure servers. Buy Deep Root for next to nothing if they fail. Have money, good management, & staff to move forward. Same could happen with Homepin, weird things can happen in the pinball industry.

I think what they did was a few steps beyond a home brew but not by much. No doubt what they produced was beautiful, enticed 100 to buy it, and looked like a full product. But having done this for several years you should well know that there is a difference between product and prototype. People looking at it may not be able to tell but you sure should. What they had was prototype and one can only surmise they must have had product or at least bits of product somewhere thereafter. But with a complete lack of info showing any semblance of any assembly in the last 8 months I don’t know how anyone could reasonably conclude they had gotten much farther. Then again maybe they were truly masters of stealth mode assembly.

#21804 2 years ago

One would think the best route fiduciary duty wise would be to pave over the pinball money pit once and for all and try to make things right some other way that at least has some earthly prospect for success.

#21805 2 years ago

If you search out UL listed amusement companies for Canada some of the big players are there, others are not, & there are a bunch of other companies or entities hard to know who they are. Pinball or not. Someone should be able to search the USA site & gleam some info.

#21806 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

One would think the best route fiduciary duty wise would be to pave over the pinball money pit once and for all and try to make things right some other way that at least has some earthly prospect for success.

They really should stick to the financial parts of that package. Sooooo much easier to make money without the drudgery of actually making a product (and not a high margin one at that).

#21807 2 years ago

If you search out UL listed amusement companies for Canada some of the big players are there, others are not, & there are a bunch of other companies or entities hard to know who they are. Pinball or not. Someone should be able to search the USA site & gleam some info.

Need to put our man BJ on the case. He’s a great sleuth.

#21808 2 years ago

This will only bear fruit deeproot wise if these sites list companies without ul certification

#21809 2 years ago

Yes it may show UL listing in Canada or USA or not. There are many on the Canada site that I have no idea. Hate to say it but maybe this is like the WMS days of dumping pinball for the slot or future gaming market. Maybe Robert is smarter than what we think!

#21810 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh God Ice are you implying that one of these startups is dumb enough to buy the DR crumbs so the investors can claw back SOME money? And said startup will make RAZA?
You know... If they just take it and make it, and leave Crazy Eyes and Boy Wonder behind... Might be OK.

Companies buy assets from failed ventures and leave the losses behind all the time.

#21811 2 years ago

Yes it may show UL listing in Canada or USA or not. There are many on the Canada site that I have no idea. Hate to say it but maybe this is like the WMS days of dumping pinball for the slot or future gaming market. Maybe Robert is smarter than what we think!

Blasphemy John! Bobby smart? Clearly he has F Ed up DR and blown millions thus far and he can’t possibly come up a way out, way forward or exit strategy can he?

Who else here has raised $42 million via an SEC Reg D filing?

#21812 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Companies buy assets from failed ventures and leave the losses behind all the time.

Like how Robert funneled 500k through Zidware to become the largest (and only secured) creditor leaving AP and Cointaker to pound sand? Ha. No wonder vendors don't wanna work with them.

#21813 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e0beced3a631d8ef98fb997523ed5562bc20d9d4-1628479094-1800"};
//]]>

At this point, someone buying the scraps wouldn't surprise me.
And If this game ever gets built, it'll be turned into a movie that will be turned into a theme for a pin.

#21814 2 years ago

What if this "Enron of Pinball" had happened in 2009? Soured the waters for investment. Scared the angels away and poof! Stern is gone.

This industry is too small for this big of a stinky fish.

#21815 2 years ago

Ben more players will be entering the market soon. You know a lot, but there is likely more to the Deep Root story. Time will tell all, or maybe most of it, or little bits. I just hope there is more & better product for people to choose from.

#21816 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I posted this in the other thread--I've been curious about what--if anything--is happening at the facility. Has anyone seen the facility in the last couple days? Are there staff still there? Is it sitting dark & idle? Has it been cleaned out? Have the doors been padlocked? Is there anything posted on the doors?

LOL

No one cares about this - better things to chat about in this thread.

Deeproot is dead - where have you been? We are now talking about the scraps left for auction.

#21817 2 years ago

Looking forward to the WTB listing

#21818 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I posted this in the other thread--I've been curious about what--if anything--is happening at the facility. Has anyone seen the facility in the last couple days? Are there staff still there? Is it sitting dark & idle? Has it been cleaned out? Have the doors been padlocked? Is there anything posted on the doors?

Our johnny on the spot for drive-by parking lot snooping is unfortunately currently shirking his recon duties in Maui

#21819 2 years ago

Pro-tip: For those who simply want to get the straight dope from the man himself, you can schedule a 30-minute video chat this week with Robert at deeprootfunds.com.

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 6.26.46 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-08 at 6.26.46 PM (resized).png

Just choose the option "BD Sales Agreement Mtg."

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 6.27.08 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-08 at 6.27.08 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 6.27.19 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-08 at 6.27.19 PM (resized).png

Plenty of open slots remain!

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 6.27.45 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-08 at 6.27.45 PM (resized).png

#21820 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What if this "Enron of Pinball" had happened in 2009? Soured the waters for investment. Scared the angels away and poof! Stern is gone.
This industry is too small for this big of a stinky fish.

I said something similar a while back.

#21821 2 years ago

Has Ice driven by lately? Curious what the parking sitch is now (or if there are Uhauls packing it up)

#21822 2 years ago

Pro-tip: For those who simply want to get the straight dope from the man himself, you can schedule a 30-minute video chat this week with Robert at deeprootfunds.com.
[quoted image]
Just choose the option "BD Sales Agreement Mtg."
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Plenty of open slots remain!
[quoted image]

Some of these guys that have pre-orders should book one - one of the Investor slots. Yelobird should book one for sure. Unless he already has a hotline to RJM.

#21823 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

I said something similar a while back.

It's OK though. As long as Ice gets his purple vomit remake of Cyclone.

#21824 2 years ago

Bonus food for thought: If deeproot has in fact temporarily shut down (how temporarily tbd) in the past month or two, they did so after apparently having over a million in ppp loans from 2020 recently forgiven and receiving another million in 2021.

#21825 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Like how Robert funneled 500k through Zidware to become the largest (and only secured) creditor leaving AP and Cointaker to pound sand? Ha. No wonder vendors don't wanna work with them.

How do we know Bobby lawsuits isn’t going to have one coming his way?

Smart lawyers know how to work around fraud. Well really any funded ones do.

Just watching and waiting

#21826 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's OK though. As long as Ice gets his purple vomit remake of Cyclone.

Lol. Why don’t you guys get that I don’t really lose sleep over it and worry if it comes or not.

It’s entertaining to me. Especially when Sargent Force Flow jumps into the mix. And I’m sure Mitchell is literally gonna bust a nut when Raza makes it ……lol

And my man Benny dishes it out and can take it too so I look forward to having drinks and telling stories in the future with him and the Jets.

I tried to give it away at one point to the Pinball project after Bobby threatened me

I feel like I hit the lottery getting my TBL after years of waiting. I paid AFTER I got a refund from the original “Phil gate”

And I got an Alien Le from the Aussie dude

Halloween is coming.

It’s just a hobby.

In Hawaii, life is good.

#21827 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. Why don’t you guys get that I don’t really lose sleep over it and worry if it comes or not.
I tried to give it away at one point to the Pinball project after Bobby threatened me
I feel like I hit the lottery getting my TBL after years of waiting.
And I got an Alien Le from the Aussie dude
Halloween is coming.
In Hawaii, life is good.

Life may be good in Hawaii, but in Texas, Deeproot appears to be a very troubled company.

#21828 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Life may be good in Hawaii, but in Texas, Deeproot appears to be a very troubled company.

That’s their problem to work out. Not mine

And I’ll be back the following week.

Watching, waiting…..

I have lawyers (bigger and badder) I have $$$. “Venue” is in Bexar county where I live.

#21829 2 years ago

I have to say Ice I don’t think the best code breakers could read this thread and figure out what your meaning is

#21830 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I can be surprised too that people sent DR preorder money, even with all the red flags a lot of people saw.
Some people were able to overlook those. Some just wanted a cool game, some probably got greedy and thought it would be a good game to flip for a profit. Saying any idiot could have seen it coming is not super helpful to those who were just overly optimistic.
If someone was just in it for the greed, I can't be bothered to feel bad your gamble did not pay off. That is different than actively feeling joy for your loss. A lot more people seemed in it for the urge to see something different. And in their case we all lose because a DR that delivered on their crazy promises would have been an interesting addition to the pinball mix!

Enough with the “joy for their loss” BS. That has nothing to do with it.

#21831 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:Had a terrible thought. What if Ice is involved with trying to save or buy out RAZA?

They deserve each other. But maybe greatwichjohnny can help save the day!

#21832 2 years ago

OMG.

#21833 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

They deserve each other. But maybe greatwichjohnny can help save the day!

You know what amazes me? Jpoop got 10 years to noodle. 10 years of being paid to make a mess of things and rip several or us off. Me included in that and it looks like more people might be out.

Does anyone still think anything good about John?

#21834 2 years ago

He's a Vampire

#21835 2 years ago

Bonus food for thought: If deeproot has in fact temporarily shut down (how temporarily tbd) in the past month or two, they did so after apparently having over a million in ppp loans from 2020 recently forgiven and receiving another million in 2021.

"Temporary" shut down coupled with the lease for the building being changed to month to month spells Done.

#21836 2 years ago

Even a single person or tiny group could move forward & actually build RAZA from the 1 or more working production or proto type pins. Reverse engineering, Ben or even I & others could do that. Everything could be found even with Covid if you pay your suppliers & contractors. I got nothing in the works with my personal bankruptcy due to my retirement & the pinball business not making any money over the years. But that is one area I would enter if I had the money & business support to focus on pinball builds or parts production.
Look at Magic Girl games finally getting fixed so they are playable. Not a fancy box of light art package. So if you have someone to finally finish & polish the code it is possible. I do not think another big pinball company would buy the assets unless to make sure no one else could enter the market.
I still think there might be some wild card thing going on with Deep Root. That they are doing the WMS example, dumping actual pinball production. Going into the gambling or gaming market (personal). Why would you not just sell all the games developed around the world to a huge market. Actually pinball production is getting too expensive. $4k US should be the normal price for a pro model.
The crap talk by Robert would lead you to believe something else was in the works over the years. Not the goal of being an actual participant in the real production of pinball machines.

#21837 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

DR pinball and Robert have a fiduciary duty to the DR 575 fund as one of its “underlying assets”.
This isn’t a “ShitB” scenario where the guy was clearly a dunce.
Are we still standing by the “it’s game over” happy dance party line?

Quoted from iceman44:

DR pinball and Robert have a fiduciary duty to the DR 575 fund as one of its “underlying assets”.
This isn’t a “ShitB” scenario where the guy was clearly a dunce.
Are we still standing by the “it’s game over” happy dance party line?

Ice, bringing up the myriad of issues with dr doesn't mean we want it to fail, when will you guys understand that? Let that line if reasoning go, because it's simply not true.

Seems many of you like to play the victim 2 or 3 times over. JPOP fucked you, RM fucked you. Not this thread or the people in it(well RM used to be in it, til he went chicken shit). And Yelo straight lying to people, why, so he could sound cool and rich that he has 2x games on order? I'd say your group needs to look in the mirror of WHY you keep getting victimized and why your are ok with the people getting ripped off, as long as you get yours. Good lord dude.

#21838 2 years ago

This thread is like driving by a car accident. You know its bad for everyone, but you still have to slow down and look anyway to be reminded of reality.

#21839 2 years ago

Even a single person or tiny group could move forward & actually build RAZA from the 1 or more working production or proto type pins. Reverse engineering, Ben or even I & others could do that. Everything could be found even with Covid if you pay your suppliers & contractors. I got nothing in the works with my personal bankruptcy due to my retirement & the pinball business not making any money over the years. But that is one area I would enter if I had the money & business support to focus on pinball builds or parts production.
Look at Magic Girl games finally getting fixed so they are playable. Not a fancy box of light art package. So if you have someone to finally finish & polish the code it is possible. I do not think another big pinball company would buy the assets unless to make sure no one else could enter the market.

The best thing anyone could do with JPop's work is take it out back and burn it and make sure his stink goes away from pinball forever.

#21840 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

This thread is like driving by a car accident. You know its bad for everyone, but you still have to slow down and look anyway to be reminded of reality.

It’s not bad for anyone. Except deep derp and jshit.

#21841 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It’s not bad for anyone. Except deep derp and jshit.

Its bad for anyone else who wants to start a pinball company some day. You telling me that large scale scammers don't hurt the pinball community as a whole?

#21842 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Its bad for anyone else who wants to start a pinball company some day. You telling me that large scale scammers don't hurt the pinball community as a whole?

Not if you don't ask for money before you produce a product.

#21843 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I have to say Ice I don’t think the best code breakers could read this thread and figure out what your meaning is

I agree but he sure is convincing, isn't he.
I thought Deeproot was dead. But Iceman has resuscitated Deeproot and injected hope. If he's right, good for him but we'll never hear the end of him pounding his chest.

UC6LZuy.gifUC6LZuy.giftenor.giftenor.gif

#21844 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

This thread is great for anyone who wants to start a pinball company. It offers the exact roadmap to failure, which is handy if you want to avoid it. It pinpoints exactly what NOT to do. This thread is worth millions to future pinball companies.

#21845 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Not if you don't ask for money before you produce a product.

That protects the hobbyists, but deeproot still negatively effects the industry by sucking up what little outside investment capital is available.

Imagine if that $30m or whatever was split up and invested in the factories that actually make games and parts...then you have happy investors and hobbyists getting their games/parts quicker. That in turn inspires more investments for a healthier industry

Or someone flames out losing tens of millions with little to show for it and scares off investors who were already iffy about a low margin business and may not want to get into the how and why of deeproot's multitude of mistakes.

#21846 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This thread is great for anyone who wants to start a pinball company. It offers the exact roadmap to failure, which is handy if you want to avoid it. It pinpoints exactly what NOT to do. This thread is worth millions to future pinball companies.

Not just a pinball company ANY company lol, I certainly would not walk into a world i know nothing about and trash talk the competition and make crazy silly claims without knowing nothing of that industry/market. Even i thought if you threw enough money at it, something would pop out but i was wrong. How you can blow that much cash and be left with nothing is truly mind blowing and an achievement in it self!

#21847 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s their problem to work out. Not mine
And I’ll be back the following week.
Watching, waiting…..
I have lawyers (bigger and badder) I have $$$. “Venue” is in Bexar county where I live.

This is the second time that Iceman has offered free legal to the Deeproot people. He will establish a ton of credibility with me if he finally walks the walk. And I mean that.

I'm quoting his comment in case the time comes and his memory falters.

#21848 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Not just a pinball company ANY company lol, I certainly would not walk into a world i know nothing about and trash talk the competition and make crazy silly claims without knowing nothing of that industry/market. Even i thought if you threw enough money at it, something would pop out but i was wrong. How you can blow that much cash and be left with nothing is truly mind blowing and an achievement in it self!

remember the movie "brewsters millions" with john candy and richard pryor? he has 30 days to spend 30 million dollars to get his 300 million dollar inheritance. if it was remade today "now you have to spend it legitimately. you cant DONATE it away, and dont even think about starting a pinball company"

#21849 2 years ago

"A fool and his money..."

#21850 2 years ago

To all the naysayers... I still believe!!

If I just send that Nigerian Prince another $2000, he WILL wire me that $250,000.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 437 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/437 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.