Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 435 of 672.
#21701 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

No. Nobody needs to be "made whole" People who put in deposits to DR deserve to lose every cent.
There can't be any hope. Any chance of build. Any future investment. It's time to throw the CPU from the first Terminator into the lava and finish this for GOOD.
It's time for JPOP to end.

This reminds me of the coleco chameleon fiasco on the Atari age forums

#21702 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Last call! You don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here![quoted image]

Can't use the same .gif 2x in two days. Bad interwebs protocol!

#21703 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

@ Concretehardt - Who is Wilhelm - right hand man of RM or the company spokesperson or something - What was his title or role with DR ?

I believe Wilhelm is or was customer relations rep for DR from what I can figure.

#21704 2 years ago

Good news, Deeproot fans: Bobby Balls scored a free $1,172,309 from me and you!

At least, that's how it appears from ProPublica's PPP database which shows a "forgiven" status for 2020 loans received by Deeproot Tech and Deeproot Studios.

https://projects.propublica.org/coronavirus/bailouts/loans/deeproot-tech-llc-3926497401
Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 4.00.17 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 4.00.17 PM (resized).png

https://projects.propublica.org/coronavirus/bailouts/loans/deeproot-studios-llc-5804287409
Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 4.00.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 4.00.38 PM (resized).png

As we all know, the terms for PPP round 1 forgiveness are as follows:

https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/covid-19-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program/ppp-loan-forgiveness#section-header-0
Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 4.04.14 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 4.04.14 PM (resized).png

The forgiveness is a little surprising given how many fewer staff it seems DR has these days (and didn't DR Studios close down?). But one assumes any involuntary departures were made in a precisely timely manner.

And now, the next million dollar question (actually, the 1.058096 million dollar question): Will Captain Pound It earn forgiveness again in PPP round two?

https://projects.propublica.org/coronavirus/bailouts/loans/deeproot-tech-llc-9611128710
Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 4.13.57 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 4.13.57 PM (resized).png

https://projects.propublica.org/coronavirus/bailouts/loans/deeproot-studios-llc-1928768803
Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 4.13.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 4.13.51 PM (resized).png

Fingers crossed so hard they're bleeding!

#21705 2 years ago

Deeproot Tech adds 20 jobs but payroll only increases 125k?

Deeproot Studios has same # of jobs but payroll is almost half now?

WTF is going on here? Is this all just a giant scam?

#21706 2 years ago

Also 625k + 535k = 1160k assume 2 months lockdown at most (Texas not CA or NYC) that's 580k/month just in payroll.

Throw in rent, utilities, noodling supplies... Robert's boast of 750k burn/month could be accurate! :p

All for a neon purple remake of Cyclone.

#21707 2 years ago

One assumes everything is on the up and up. Otherwise, current or former employees could avail themselves of the anonymous ppp whistleblower services Uncle Sam has set up...

#21708 2 years ago

PPP a year later in a state that was only closed a month.

Seems legit!

#21709 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

One assumes everything is on the up and up. Otherwise, current or former employees could avail themselves of the anonymous ppp whistleblower services Uncle Sam has set up...

Or they already have, thus the recent, unexpected legal issues.

#21710 2 years ago

Who knows what's going on but here is a quote from the last Deeproot communication 7 days ago.

"A legal matter affecting RAZA arose around a month ago that we did not expect"

Edit: Damn Roost, you were in 120 seconds before me

#21711 2 years ago

Well anything that goes wrong at the company would affect RAZA. So that's incredibly vague.

#21712 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

"A legal matter affecting RAZA arose around a month ago that we did not expect"

joke removed - looks like some serious shit is getting ready to launch.

#21713 2 years ago

Interesting - money people, does this indicate RM tried to get investors in Deeproot Pinball in 2015 (up to $6m) but failed to land sales?

Maybe more importantly, does this mean I can still get in on the ground floor?

https://sec.report/Document/0001642564-15-000001/

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 5.30.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 5.30.18 PM (resized).png

#21714 2 years ago

Pretty wild that the principal behind a fund that has raised almost $42m takes down his LinkedIn + FB, as well as those of the company (and related companies), and replaces the ability to talk to anyone at the office or even leave a voicemail with a text-to-speech directive to email a generic address.

https://www.whoisraisingmoney.com/deeproot-575-fund-llc
Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 5.41.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 5.41.58 PM (resized).png

Pretty, pretty, pretty wild.

I wonder what those 26 investors are thinking about all of this.

#21715 2 years ago

Interesting - money people, does this indicate RM tried to get investors in Deeproot Pinball in 2015 (up to $6m) but failed to land sales?
https://sec.report/Document/0001642564-15-000001/
[quoted image]

Makes sense. I wanna say his first meeting with Spooky was March of that year? Checking calendar...

yes, because TPF 2015 was March 27th (when AMH really took off) so Robert had approached us before that while Spooky was still struggling a bit.

Calendar also says I did a conf. call with Robert and Pixel Farm https://www.pixelfarm.com/ on April 13th. This would have been while we were still considering the offer. This is the call when Robert told the post house "these games, you should see them, they're so beautiful. They deserve DISNEY QUALITY ANIMATIONS!" and I'm like "whoah whoah. Slow down. How about Archer quality?"

Then Robert hires a bunch of ex-Avalanche Studio (game dev) talent in Salt Lake City. Because they worked on.... wait for it... DISNEY INFINITY. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Infinity

I can't remember exactly when Spooky said "no thanks" but it probably wasn't long after. But the timeline fits with a May 2015 investment outreach.

#21716 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

??

#21717 2 years ago

mie (resized).pngmie (resized).png
#21718 2 years ago

I can’t believe only (3) people took up the offer of a refund.

Did they actually get refunded?

#21719 2 years ago

Corporate welfare at its finest. And those people make fun of people in the bread line......

#21720 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

(Blame a Facebook message for coming over to this thread…)
Fwiw - I was contacted late summer/early fall 2011 to work on BH/RAZA - so this lines up….
‘He’ made everything frustrating…
Part of me works very hard to this day so that, just maybe, indirectly, I can show ‘him’ how working with a real passionate team of pinball professionals yields real results within a timely manner….
In fact I love that at Stern I get to work on a single project until it’s completely done, THEN I start on the next project
Speaking of which - back to work!

Remember when he called you out in a podcast and said his games wouldn’t sell based on art. I am about to become a proud owner of a DP premium and it will be right next to my AIQ, both of which I love because of their art.

#21721 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How come we aren't getting any rumblings of employees on the loose?

Don't they have a schedule they don't work on a Friday?
Employees probably know nothing yet.

Someone like Steven may read this forum and not know if he can enter the building on Monday.
Or they'll get an explication that it's for legal reasons and they just have to continue to work and will get paid..
Business as usual there for a few more weeks or months.

It's not because this looks like the end, that the end has arrived, that can still take months or years..

#21722 2 years ago

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-deeproot-pinballs-high-end-theme-revealed-scott-danesi-talks-new-game-todd-tuckey-pinball-books-more/

It's like he felt compelled to come up with dumb crap to say.

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 10.09.55 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 10.09.55 PM (resized).png

#21723 2 years ago

Pretty wild that the principal behind a fund that has raised almost $42m takes down his LinkedIn + FB, as well as those of the company (and related companies), and replaces the ability to talk to anyone at the office or even leave a voicemail with a text-to-speech directive to email a generic address.
https://www.whoisraisingmoney.com/deeproot-575-fund-llc
[quoted image]
Pretty, pretty, pretty wild.
I wonder what those 26 investors are thinking about all of this.

Makes the people who bought into the pinball vegetable club ( Raza Preorder and zidware refugees ) look like small potatoes compared to people buying into the fund.

If the PPP money that was forgiven violates terms and conditions that is bad too - throw that on the pile of baggage too.

I said before Incompetence, Arrogance and Ego doomed this early on. Maybe something nefarious on another level too ? That's a rhetorical question..

#21724 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Makes the people who bought into the pinball vegetable club ( Raza Preorder and zidware refugees ) look like small potatoes compared to people buying into the fund.
If the PPP money that was forgiven violates terms and conditions that is bad too - throw that on the pile of baggage too.
I said before Incompetence, Arrogance and Ego doomed this early on. Maybe something nefarious on another level too ? That's a rhetorical question..

I’m clueless how a company with 0 sales can get a PPP as you had to show loss. For round 2 especially.

#21725 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I’m clueless how a company with 0 sales can get a PPP as you had to show loss. For round 2 especially.

They can show a 42mil loss?

#21726 2 years ago

Love this song and the artist has a pretty cool name.

#21727 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Shit or no, RAZA will never launch.

#21728 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Corporate welfare at its finest. And those people make fun of people in the bread line......

Hey, as long as Icey gets his game.

#21730 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Is this real?
Taken from SAPS Facebook page.
[quoted image]

Looks about as real as RAZA.

#21731 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Looks about as real as RAZA.

Yeah...should have known by the address. My bad.

#21732 2 years ago

For a PPP loan to be forgiven he has to provide proof of employee wages, a PPP loan is only good for that and a small percentage of overhead

#21733 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Shit or no, RAZA will never launch.

Sorry, I didn't mean a machine launch.
I was referring to a legal launch and I removed my joke directed at the employee's expense. I empathize with front line workers dealing with bubble management.

#21734 2 years ago

Lost in all the hullabaloo around what has been taken down is concern around what's still up: the job posting for deeproot's janitor. That position has been open for weeks. I shudder to think what things look at HQ with its 27 toilets and 9 urinals.

#21735 2 years ago

Lost in all the hullabaloo around what has been taken down is concern around what's still up: the job posting for deeproot's janitor. That position has been open for weeks. I shudder to think what things look at HQ with its 27 toilets and 9 urinals.

You should apply then we can find out.

#21736 2 years ago

We have some tidbits from a newer version of the sales guide for the property (https://www.cbre.us/resources/fileassets/US-SMPL-55014/652f6d97/cf6c0e11-f6cf-490c-ada0-aee4be3eba3e.pdf).

Unfortunately, I did not download the previous version (https://www.cbre.us/resources/fileassets/US-SMPL-55014/c777ceb1/478ed732-8c46-4909-b1da-f77689e03260.pdf), which is now offline. Did anyone download it? Would be interesting to see what else has changed.

At least we can play Highlights with some of the financials.

Old version:
deeproot-rent-old (resized).pngdeeproot-rent-old (resized).png

New Version:
Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 8.05.22 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-08 at 8.05.22 AM (resized).png

How many differences can you spot?

Tenant has gone from paying rent twice a year to twelve times. I wonder why?

And with a helpful change, we can now see that monthly bill comes out to $47,524.52. I wonder if Robert's end-of-the-month updates to customers are written immediately before or after cutting that big check.

Security deposit was also halved.

#21737 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You should apply then we can find out.

I would do anything for pinside love. But I won't do that.

#21738 2 years ago

The problem isn’t that Jpop is a great designer but a bad businessman. He’s not a great designer. That’s been covered to death. Some people ignore it.

The Problem isn’t that he’s a great Artist that’s been prevented from unleashing his vision by BOM crazy pinball hating manufacturers… he’s not an artist at all! He’s been passing off other people’s art as his own.

The real problem is that a large group of people SAY they love pinball, but they desire something MORE than pinball. Call it “Magic Under Glass” TM, or Innovation, or Modernization etc etc. It’s all just code words for wanting a fantasy machine that has no bearing on reality.

Couple that with the desire to “get in early” on something designed to explode in value.

People want to buy an imaginary pin that might hypothetically triple or quadruple in value so they can flip it.

It’s a one two punch recipe for disaster.

Meanwhile, boring old Stern is cranking out “Uninspired” (Have you played JP or AIQ??! Those games are BONKERS fun) Cookie Cutter layouts (Now you’re just being willfully Ignorant) with AAA licenses (Fight me?!). Code is SUPER Deep (Munsters Aside), and REALLY well implemented.

There is ACTUAL great pinball happening from Stern, Spooky, JJP etc, but people aren’t satisfied. They want magic. They want innovation.

They don’t want pinball.

#21739 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Couple that with the desire to “get in early” on something designed to explode in value.
People want to buy an imaginary pin that might hypothetically triple or quadruple in value so they can flip it.

The saying goes : Those who are greedy soon become needy.

#21740 2 years ago

If Robert wanted to hedge his bet on JPop, he should have invested in a Starbucks around the corner.

#21741 2 years ago

Tenant has gone from paying rent twice a year to twelve times. I wonder why?

No more credit.....

#21742 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

There is ACTUAL great pinball happening from Stern, Spooky, JJP etc, but people aren’t satisfied. They want magic. They want innovation.

They don’t want pinball.

I question how many "people" that is. The sales tell the tale. Jpop's early boutique run which was only 16 Magic Girls and 125 RAZAs, and then Deeproot having a 3 week open window and selling double digits.

Meanwhile, Stern is selling how many thousand machines this year?

#21743 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

They can show a 42mil loss?

No reason to believe that particular fund is insolvent (I've seen nothing to suggest that).

It does however raise the question of whether ppp relief terms relate exclusively to the operations of the entities named (here, deeproot tech and deeproot studios) or if business stuff related to associated entities (ex, deeproot capital or deeproot funds) can have any relevance or impact. Can any business folks educate us?

#21744 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

The problem isn’t that Jpop is a great designer but a bad businessman. He’s not a great designer. That’s been covered to death. Some people ignore it.
The Problem isn’t that he’s a great Artist that’s been prevented from unleashing his vision by BOM crazy pinball hating manufacturers… he’s not an artist at all! He’s been passing off other people’s art as his own.
The real problem is that a large group of people SAY they love pinball, but they desire something MORE than pinball. Call it “Magic Under Glass” TM, or Innovation, or Modernization etc etc. It’s all just code words for wanting a fantasy machine that has no bearing on reality.
Meanwhile, boring old Stern is cranking out “Uninspired” (Have you played JP or AIQ??! Those games are BONKERS fun) Cookie Cutter layouts (Now you’re just being willfully Ignorant) with AAA licenses (Fight me?!). Code is SUPER Deep (Munsters Aside), and REALLY well implemented.
They don’t want pinball.

I think the truth of the matter is....people just want to be 20 years old again they want to go back to 1992

#21745 2 years ago

The other thread is tearing itself apart, Lisa!

It's GLORIOUS!

#21746 2 years ago

The electric gamer guys discuss the latest from deeproot in a new podcast, with our little thread getting a shout-out: https://eclecticgamerspodcast.wordpress.com/2021/08/08/episode-147-new-pastures-and-deep-roots/

DR stuff starts around 42:00

#21747 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The other thread is tearing itself apart, Lisa!
It's GLORIOUS!

John Spartan.

#21748 2 years ago

Let's go blow this guy!

I do kinda think trolling the "owner" thread is a little out of bounds. That's a safe space for those folks, if they want to come in for abuse they can come by here any time.

#21749 2 years ago

I would do anything for pinside love. But I won't do that.

Meatloaf

#21750 2 years ago

Deeproot's rumored 43rd title??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 435 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/435 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.