Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 434 of 672.
#21651 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Such colloquialisms don't bother me as much. "It's all downhill from here" is similar insofar as its actual meaning is the opposite of its intended meaning.
The misuse of the apostrophe is most maddening to me. The word "it's" means IT IS. (e.g. It's unfortunate that deeproot is a failed venture.)
Ninety-eight percent of the population wrongly thinks that adding the apostrophe makes the word possessive, as in: "RAZA and it's pinbar are not innovative." That nonsensical sentence as written actually means: RAZA and IT IS pinbar are not innovative."
Another pet peeve often seen here and elsewhere is the incorrect abbreviation of et cetera (etc.) as ect.
Carry on.

A quick reference guide for the grammatically challenged…..

A4FD95AA-8259-4591-BC42-0F52B2ADE9AF (resized).jpegA4FD95AA-8259-4591-BC42-0F52B2ADE9AF (resized).jpeg
#21652 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Shout out to Deeproot & Zombies for a decade of free entertainment!
[quoted image]

Still time to get the candles and commission a commemorative birthday cake!

Ben and Pinball Extraordinaire John Popadiuk Strike Back in Round Two of Pinball Wars with Custom Zombie Adventureland Build in element14's "The Ben Heck Show"

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ben-and-pinball-extraordinaire-john-popadiuk-strike-back-in-round-two-of-pinball-wars-with-custom-zombie-adventureland-build-in-element14s-the-ben-heck-show-133344273.html

#21653 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thanks for reminding me

Yeah let's not discuss my 4200 Tron Pro........or the 4800 Tron Pro that I bought after I sold the first one....

#21654 2 years ago

https://www.pinballnews.com/news/nib8.html

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 9.11.10 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 9.11.10 AM (resized).png

#21655 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Damn JPOP is like a vampire

Quoted from toyotaboy:

jpop is a money vampire.

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Jpop the vampire

Now that deal where he wants to come to your home to set up the game in person makes sense, he just needs you to invite him inside.

2155563A-703B-4709-877B-31ABC6F14377 (resized).jpeg2155563A-703B-4709-877B-31ABC6F14377 (resized).jpeg
#21656 2 years ago

Trying to pin down an official birthday for BH/RAZA so we can celebrate a decade together (aside: fittingly, the traditional 10-year anniversary gift is tin or aluminum).

Question: What do you go with to mark the start date (first public mention, order banks opening, something else)?

Here's one contender: press release announcing commercial product (October 25, 2011).

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/2011-10-25-ben-heck-gets-into-the-pinball-business-for-real-pre-orders-beg.html

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 9.21.50 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 9.21.50 AM (resized).png

#21657 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You were also one of the very first to predict Deeproot failure.

Yes, there certainly weren't hordes of people that called that the day they announced their company.

Quoted from jawjaw:

Nobody knew how things will turn out and still don't.

Putting this in my post history so I can find it later. Mainly because it's funny to me that anyone thought this was ever going to succeed in the first place, much less that it will now. I mean...I'm willing to take that .0000005% chance that I'm wrong.

Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Shout out to Deeproot & Zombies for a decade of free entertainment!
[quoted image]

Should be thanking your fellow collectors since they paid for it.

#21658 2 years ago

Sometimes the smallest details can be the sweetest

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 9.28.39 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 9.28.39 AM (resized).png

https://arcadeheroes.com/2019/04/19/deep-root-pinball-holds-a-panel-at-fanx-salt-lake-comic-convention/

#21659 2 years ago

I recall the zeal and gusto towards Deeproot that seemed to underlie some of the communications. Have things changed that much, and why?

#21660 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I recall the zeal and gusto that Deeproot that seemed to underlie some of the communications. Have things changed that much, and why?

Simple.

When they had money & time, they could brag.

When they ran out of money & time, they couldn’t brag anymore.

#21661 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Simple.
When they had money & time, they could brag.
When they ran out of money & time, they couldn’t brag anymore.

They seemed so proud before of everything that was to come. It’s disappointing.

#21662 2 years ago

Aloha from Maui. Another beautiful day in paradise!

I actually received a text alerting me that the DR thread was blowing up from Kaneda while I was on the Plantation golf course in Kapalua. Awesome experience btw

Did I miss something? Carry on

Mahalo

#21663 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

There is so much bs here I don't know how you can single one or two people out. You have people completely against jpop and deeproot cheering for their demise. Others are hoping for success and all kinds of people on the sidelines. Everyone is trying to be the "I told you so" guy and spout rumors as facts. Nobody knew how things will turn out and still don't. Of course hindsight is always 20/20.

Ahh! So you’re the guy that can’t see the forest for the trees! I can cross that one off now. Good!

#21664 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I actually received a text alerting me that the DR thread was blowing up from Kaneda while I was on the Plantation golf course in Kapalua. Awesome experience btw
Mahalo

Mea'ole.

#21665 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mahalo

Your in Hawaii, Deeproot and pinball are the last thing I would be thinking about on that beautiful island. Enjoy.

#21666 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mahalo

If you're into snorkeling and want to see up to twenty green sea turtles at a time (and a white tip reef shark or two) or amazing swarms of thousands of colorful fish, I recommend checking out Mala Wharf or Honolua Bay, respectively

#21667 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Trying to pin down an official birthday for BH/RAZA so we can celebrate a decade together (aside: fittingly, the traditional 10-year anniversary gift is tin or aluminum).
Question: What do you go with to mark the start date (first public mention, order banks opening, something else)?
Here's one contender: press release announcing commercial product (October 25, 2011).
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/2011-10-25-ben-heck-gets-into-the-pinball-business-for-real-pre-orders-beg.html
[quoted image]

I mean, this has long outlived their “sweeping the culture hot theme”. This is so out of touch now that the theme might as well be “The 50’s”, or “Texas Hold ‘Em”, or “Britney Spears” or “Bell Bottom Blues”. What a bunch of colossal fuck ups.

#21668 2 years ago

If you're into snorkeling and want to see up to twenty green sea turtles at a time (and a white tip reef shark or two) or amazing swarms of thousands of colorful fish, I recommend checking out Mala Wharf or Honolua Bay, respectively

Getting ready to hop a private boat trip in a few hours for snorkeling!

Thanks for the tip BJ, I had heard Honolua Bay too so I’ll be looking forward to it.

#21669 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mahalo

You’ve missed pretty much everything.

#21670 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Getting ready to hop a private boat trip in a few hours for snorkeling!
Thanks for the tip BJ, I had heard Honolua Bay too so I’ll be looking forward to it.

Great. Just keep your eyes peeled in the bay. There's a big barracuda that lives there and doesn't like humans screwing with their hunting.

Shoot me a dm after your excursion. Would like to hear where you go and how it was. Good friend trying to get a snorkeling tour company off the ground in Maui at this very moment.

#21671 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I mean, this has long outlived their “sweeping the culture hot theme”. This is so out of touch now that the theme might as well be “The 50’s”, or “Texas Hold ‘Em”, or “Britney Spears” or “Bell Bottom Blues”. What a bunch of colossal fuck ups.

Friend was telling me all about how Britney is back, though it's because there's a #freebritney movement to liberate her from what sounds like a fucked up forced conservatory legal situation. I expect Robert to soon announce an upcoming title based on that, in addition to all the other themes you mentioned.

#21672 2 years ago

a #freebritney movement

I'm surprised no one started a Pinside thread.

#21673 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm surprised no one started a Pinside thread.

#FreePinside

#21674 2 years ago

(Blame a Facebook message for coming over to this thread…)

Fwiw - I was contacted late summer/early fall 2011 to work on BH/RAZA - so this lines up….

‘He’ made everything frustrating…

Part of me works very hard to this day so that, just maybe, indirectly, I can show ‘him’ how working with a real passionate team of pinball professionals yields real results within a timely manner….

In fact I love that at Stern I get to work on a single project until it’s completely done, THEN I start on the next project

Speaking of which - back to work!

[quoted image]

#21675 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

(Blame a Facebook message for coming over to this thread…)
Fwiw - I was contacted late summer/early fall 2011 to work on BH/RAZA - so this lines up….
‘He’ made everything frustrating…
Part of me works very hard to this day so that, just maybe, indirectly, I can show ‘him’ how working with a real passionate team of pinball professionals yields real results within a timely manner….
In fact I love that at Stern I get to work on a single project until it’s completely done, THEN I start on the next project
Speaking of which - back to work!

Great to hear from you @zombieyeti! As many people have observed, by far the best thing that Jpop has brought to pinball is you and your great work.

How funny is it to think that for many years people thought Jpop was the artist behind Jpop's art. I wonder if the emperor's new clothes would have been seen for what they were much earlier if people had realized from the start that jpop's only magic was the artists he contracted (and sometimes even paid).

#21676 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You’ve missed pretty much everything.

#21677 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Part of me works very hard to this day so that, just maybe, indirectly, I can show ‘him’ how working with a real passionate team of pinball professionals yields real results within a timely manner…

I love this. A lot of people would love for 'him' to see what could have been if he would have stayed in his lane and let the people who actually knew what they were doing, do some great things!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#21678 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

They seemed so proud before of everything that was to come. It’s disappointing.

Always remember when dealing with Con Men…”con” is short for “confidence.”

#21679 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

There is so much bs here I don't know how you can single one or two people out. You have people completely against jpop and deeproot cheering for their demise. Others are hoping for success and all kinds of people on the sidelines. Everyone is trying to be the "I told you so" guy and spout rumors as facts. Nobody knew how things will turn out and still don't. Of course hindsight is always 20/20.

Ever heard of the term, "History repeats itself?" There is a reason it's a saying, JS.

#21680 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

A quick reference guide for the grammatically challenged…..[quoted image]

grammar (resized).jpggrammar (resized).jpg
#21681 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ever heard of the term, "History repeats itself?" There is a reason it's a saying, JS.

Let's expand to the more complete saying...

"Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it."

Like so many that believed Raza would happen

#21682 2 years ago

Still time to get the candles and commission a commemorative birthday cake!
Ben and Pinball Extraordinaire John Popadiuk Strike Back in Round Two of Pinball Wars with Custom Zombie Adventureland Build in element14's "The Ben Heck Show"
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ben-and-pinball-extraordinaire-john-popadiuk-strike-back-in-round-two-of-pinball-wars-with-custom-zombie-adventureland-build-in-element14s-the-ben-heck-show-133344273.html

Damn near 10 years. Wow.

Ben is building pins and pin parts.

Anyone associated with JPOP going down in flames. JPOP is a phoenix though, and has his parachute.

RM, court and beyond?

#21683 2 years ago

Remembering happier, more communicative times (aka, a few days ago):

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 11.19.22 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 11.19.22 AM (resized).png

https://deeprootfunds.com/

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 11.29.57 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 11.29.57 AM (resized).png

https://secure.deeprootfunds.com/

#21684 2 years ago

San Antonio Scorpions to Face FC Dallas in 2nd Annual deeproot Funds Cup
https://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/san-antonio-defeats-fc-dallas-2-1-in-the-deeproot-funds-cup/n-4932528

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 11.27.06 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 11.27.06 AM (resized).png

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/blog/2014/02/scorpions-to-host-major-league-soccer-s-fc-dallas.html

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 11.26.17 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 11.26.17 AM (resized).png

#21685 2 years ago

And on the topic of anniversaries, congratulations to deeproot pinball on six fun-filled years! (Traditional gift = iron)

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 11.45.19 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 11.45.19 AM (resized).png
https://web.archive.org/web/20150801073729/http://deeprootfunds.com/

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 11.48.09 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 11.48.09 AM (resized).png
https://web.archive.org/web/20150812130605/http://www.deeprootpinball.com/

#21686 2 years ago

I'm confused by the people who are still thinking there's a chance deeproot ships games.
The situation was already not looking good, even to the true believers. But maybe with hard work, patience, and a little good fortune, machines might eventually trickle out.
And then the guy in charge of everything goes on a silent deletion spree, scrubbing his personal and professional accounts from the internet, along with parts his businesses. A week after writing about unexpected legal problems cropping up.
But I suppose since deeprootpinball.com is still up things could be full speed ahead. Maybe Robert decided to eliminate social media distractions for optimal focus in the assembly quad.

When you’re dealing OCTO, not Quad, focus is crucial. I’m sure your theory is fact.

After all, Robert is a certified genius. I’m sure it’ll all be fine…

#21687 2 years ago

@blueberryjohnson, I commend you pasting everything here for posterity. The internet can be very temporary (look at how little Skit-b material remained).

#21688 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

When you’re dealing OCTO, not Quad, focus is crucial. I’m sure your theory is fact.
After all, Robert is a certified genius. I’m sure it’ll all be fine…

Great point. The deletion of social media surely coincides with the full transition from quad to octo. You can facebook and linkedin or you can octo. You can't do both.

Unless... unless... wait for it... what if they've leveled up yet again? HAS DEEPROOT GONE SEXDECA???

#21689 2 years ago

Happy belated one-year anniversary of this (traditional gift = paper). I missed this update when it was posted. Wonder how the VIP tour went?

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 12.18.50 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-07 at 12.18.50 PM (resized).png

#21690 2 years ago

How come we aren't getting any rumblings of employees on the loose? Designers looking for work or Jpop drunk at a Starbucks. And if Robert is done scrubbing his internet profile, is he getting plastic surgery at his Hitler bunker?

Seriously, if you think about this, it all must of begun at least a week ago and most likely much longer.

Nobody has a leak for Pinside or Kaneda?

#21691 2 years ago

I wonder why people in here gave so much credit regarding Jpop as a person in a first place? The guy switched from the Star symbol to the most pinball hated guy ever. This is ridiculous.
Why this guy is more well know that so many other people in pinball word or project who deserve more credits?
Don’t you think some people in here and Zidware Raza buyers have a responsability not knowing that this guy alone, was trying to reuse his name and making pinball on his own even if we knew it was impossible.
What was the point? Making a profit?

There are too much drama regarding this guy. We now KNOW that pinball is a TEAM effort and a long run, not a miracle from a genious. So neither CV TOTAN of WC94 was done by this guy alone, far from it.

Yes Jpop might deserve to be forbidden, but this should have happened 10 years ago...
wow, in 2021 this is the news, the guy is just only a designer... not able to do anything else. It takes time to understand things sometimes.

#21692 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How come we aren't getting any rumblings of employees on the loose? Designers looking for work or Jpop drunk at a Starbucks. And if Robert is done scrubbing his internet history, is he getting plastic surgery at his Hitler bunker?
Seriously, if you think about this, it all must of begun at least a week ago and most likely longer.

Glad to give you LinkedIns for dozens and current employees if you'd like to reach out!

#21693 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Who's left to leak anything? It was pretty skeleton crew there towards the end.

#21694 2 years ago

With Deeproot apparently in fail mode with RAZA it got me thinking about things. I was going back over all my old JPOP/Ziware/RAZA contracts, lawsuit stuff, PM’s emails, Owners blog posts, owners package, NDA agreements, emails from RM and Wilhelm on RAZA 2.0 ect and I can’t believe that after almost 10 years this is happening all over again and good people in this hobby may be losing their hard earned money on this game again, it makes me f’in sad!

RAZA #54 (me) is hoping that all you DR customers get made whole and that after this JPOP and RM are out of this hobby forever!

BEE06841-CDFE-47E6-B861-B141D1C160F5 (resized).jpegBEE06841-CDFE-47E6-B861-B141D1C160F5 (resized).jpeg

#21695 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Those are business operators, not collectors

It’s a mixture of both. No worries, I didn’t intend on ruffling any feathers with my comment about ‘serious’ collectors - excuse the phrasing if it offends you. I only meant to say that, no - not everyone that is into the hobby posts on Pinside in my personal experience.

I’m poolside enjoying a nice cold beverage with the wife, and wish all my fellow pinball friends the best. I’ve got about 100 posts in this thread to catch up, so forgive me for the diversion. Back to the failure that is Deepoop.

#21696 2 years ago

RAZA #54 (me) is hoping that all you DR customers get made whole and that after this JPOP and RM are out of this hobby forever!
[quoted image]

No. Nobody needs to be "made whole" People who put in deposits to DR deserve to lose every cent.

There can't be any hope. Any chance of build. Any future investment. It's time to throw the CPU from the first Terminator into the lava and finish this for GOOD.

It's time for JPOP to end.

#21697 2 years ago

Nobody will be made whole - all will be lost. It's done. Has been done. History repeats itself. Isn't good they lost their money. Nobody deserves to be taken, but there was enough warning and red flags for people to heed. Puzzles me why people bought into this - again. Deserving no, sad and troubling yes.

edit - if you lack reasonable judgment or throw logic out the door do you deserve what you get ? I don't know. Maybe, but it's hard to see it that way. I think we all make lapses in judgement. This one is hard to understand though. I'll go that far.

Agree fully on points two and three.

#21698 2 years ago

With Deeproot apparently in fail mode with RAZA ...

Even his signature looks like someone quickly scribbled "CON," his unconscious self must have been trying to warn everyone.

#21699 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

No. Nobody needs to be "made whole" People who put in deposits to DR deserve to lose every cent.
There can't be any hope. Any chance of build. Any future investment. It's time to throw the CPU from the first Terminator into the lava and finish this for GOOD.
It's time for JPOP to end.

Last call! You don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here!

A62336F1-F39B-4F66-B4C1-4CFA15F78EE0.gifA62336F1-F39B-4F66-B4C1-4CFA15F78EE0.gif
#21700 2 years ago

@ Concretehardt - Who is Wilhelm - right hand man of RM or the company spokesperson or something - What was his title or role with DR ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 434 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/434 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.