Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 429 of 672.
#21401 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They never had anything Goonies on the website. They only strongly hinted they had it, and maybe confirmed it on a pod interview.

Definitely mentioned in interviews and I believe currently on the website in the most recent FAQ

#21402 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Iceman hasn't posted in this thread in a week.

I kinda miss him mocking all of us.

#21403 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody who follows my work here knows I'm fond of saying "if Pinside ran Stern, they'd be out of business in a month."
Deep Root is that ethos embodied in real life. An enterprise completely detached from not only reality itself, but what pinball buyers actually want. Deep Root took seriously the fanciful flights of your noobiest of noobs, claiming they want "innovation" when all they really want is meat and potatoes pinball.
As soon as things like the "PinBar" entered the picture - useless "innovation" with poor real world application, just for the sake of innovating - this enterprise was doomed. Nonsense like this isn't actually "pinball," and there's no need or even want for stuff like this in the pinball marketplace. Basing an entire pinball company on the warped premise of "innovation" was always doomed to failure. Nobody really wants or needs "innovation" in pinball in 2021, they just want good games that actually exist and are fun to play. Pinball flipper games have been around for 70 years, and at this point, we know what works for players, operators, and the industry itself.
So I guess I have to amend my earlier statement....if Pinside built a pinball company from the ground up, with seemingly unlimited resources, and ran it according the whims of Pinside's most "innovative" thinkers...they'd be out of business in....what is it, four years?
Doesn't roll off the tongue quite as nicely, but it still rings true.
So next time you are chastising Stern for not including four animatronic ewoks in their latest Star Wars pin, or lamenting the lack of a playfield fog machine, or 3 lower playfields, or self adjusting leg levelers and 12 flipper buttons...just try to remember: it's a business, not a fantasy.
Fantasy always is more appealing than reality, but reality pays the bills, keeps people employed, and puts games in our basements. Try to remember that.

This!

#21404 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Nobody believed it was ok though, Ice didn't try to mislead or FOMO people into a a purchase.
So no harm, no foul.

Exactly. Unlike a certain other Pinsider who has been banned from Pinside.

Also, I didn't really feel the need to state the obvious when it came to Iceman being a "cheerleader" for RAZA and still thinking the game would be built.

#21405 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

here he is 5 days ago in the RAZA thread on the lawsuit update:

Quoted from iceman44:

I like this update, it just means the saga continues and it’s going to drive the looky lou’s hanging onto failure absolutely crazy! Minds will be blown.
Odds are Billy, Cointaker or a group of wronged suppliers
Meanwhile, patience. I’ve got a lot of it
Been 7 years or so now? What’s another wait time
In fact, I’m popping open a beer on my way to Maui and I’m gonna enjoy this good drama!
How many theories or death knell posts will we get now? Ahhhh yes. It’s a beautiful thing

#21406 2 years ago

second attempt. first one crashed will exporting

blueberrycharlie (resized).pngblueberrycharlie (resized).png

#21407 2 years ago

How have we not heard a thing from Steve Bowden through all of this?

#21408 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

How have we not heard a thing from Steve Bowden through all of this?

When your boss is a lawyer with a rep for overreaching contracts everywhere... I bet even once the doors are locked they will fear talking openly.

#21409 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

About as much as I miss the humble-bragging.

#21410 2 years ago

It’s about time.

#21411 2 years ago

I wonder what can be gleaned from the stuff he's deleting (fb: pinball, funds, personal. LinkedIn: studios, personal) and the stuff he's not (fb: studios. LinkedIn: tech. Websites).

If I had to guess, the common thread would be having login access vs not.

#21412 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

second attempt. first one crashed will exporting
[quoted image]

You're a gem

#21413 2 years ago

The only things that will survive nuclear fallout: cockroaches, Twinkies, and JPop

#21414 2 years ago

Farewell, Dinosaur

#21415 2 years ago

next deeproot update email?

"we hope this email finds you well. Well we aren't well, we outta money. K-bye!"

#21416 2 years ago

I just hope Deeproot Sports and Entertainment, LLC is ok. The president indicated he left in July 2021 on LinkedIn

I believe this was part of Robert's multi-year venture in trying to establish a MLS club in San Antonio. https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/blog/2014/02/corporate-community-taking-note-of-san-antonio-s.html

Poor one out for the futbol fans in San An

#21417 2 years ago

Maybe this is the electronic media cleanup before some kind of bad news drops...a news release not controlled by Robert.

#21418 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

When your boss is a lawyer with a rep for overreaching contracts everywhere... I bet even once the doors are locked they will fear talking openly.

Yeah....and can we PLEASE not drag the guy through the mud on this? This is a general plea, not specifically for you, Flynn...just using your post as a reference. He's potentially lost a career (I guess 2 now if one of the other manuf. doesn't grab him) in the process. He didn't deserve that crap. He was offered his dream on a silver platter, and got served a steaming pile of crap under that cloche.

#21419 2 years ago

Who's gonna start up the documentary on this mess?

"Pinball Lizards - The Fall of Deeproot"

#21420 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I was hoping you were. The Deep Six on Deep Root

#21421 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Are you inferring that the pinside collective torpedoed dr, and now we may be able to save them?
Here is some constructive advice. Scrap pinball all together and focus on the pinpod(tm). Paint it, bling it up with some art from the many illustrators they had. Make it one big storage box for anything, why limit it's potential to pins? You got this RM!

If right now there is a 1 in 24 chance that RAZA gets released. Then if pinside backed deeproot collectively on the forums then maybe the odds go up to 1 in 12 chance. No data to back those numbers. I'm putting value on pinside users comments. I'm sure a lot of the success of pinball today from any company is largely due to pinside.

#21422 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I wonder what can be gleaned from the stuff he's deleting (fb: pinball, funds, personal. LinkedIn: studios, personal) and the stuff he's not (fb: studios. LinkedIn: tech. Websites).
If I had to guess, the common thread would be having login access vs not.

I don't know why he's deleting some things but right now he's like a cat covering up shit.

(Get me Jim Wilks!)

#21423 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

If right now there is a 1 in 24 chance that RAZA gets released. Then if pinside backed deeproot collectively on the forums then maybe the odds go up to 1 in 12 chance. No data to back those numbers. I'm putting value on pinside users comments. I'm sure a lot of the success of pinball today from any company is largely due to pinside.

They're a few years too late. In between the memes and shit posting, there has been plenty of legitimate advice for free.

It's just hard work and you have to have a leader who wants to do the work.

#21424 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I mean... reality check. This guy dreamt up "5 days of deeproot" before they even knew what they were building. That right there tells you everything you need to know.

Give RM a break. Clearly, he is a deep(root) sleeper.

RAZA: "nay"
Food Truck: "nay"
Goonies: "nay"
The Who: "nay"
To Be Announced: "nay"

In the fog of a dream, "nay" can sound a lot like "day." ;>
Screenshot_20210806-133953_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210806-133953_Google (resized).jpg

#21425 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

Not really sure if you're trolling, but I'll bite.

Spooky sold out of all of the Rick and Morty games in a mere matter of hours without Pinside's approval.
I think they did the same with Ultraman/Halloween.

Stern doesn't get Pinside's approval for games prior to announcements. Despite constant complaints about quality between Stern and JJP on pinside, they're still moving tons of games.

Deeproot has missed umpteen million deadlines with an absolute asshat at the helm for years now, all documented on Pinside.

The assumption that if we all start perpetuating some false narrative in hopes that the rosy portrayal of DeepRoot somehow materializes games is severely flawed.

#21426 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

P_yD0r.gifP_yD0r.gif
#21427 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Spooky sold out of all of the Rick and Morty games in a mere matter of hours without Pinside's approval.
Stern doesn't get Pinside's approval for games prior to announcements. Despite constant complaints about quality between Stern and JJP on pinside, they're still moving tons of games.
Deeproot has missed umpteen million deadlines with an absolute asshat at the helm for years now, all documented on Pinside.
The assumption that if we all start perpetuating some false narrative in hopes that the rosy portrayal of DeepRoot somehow materializes games is severely flawed.

To add fuel to the fire. Some of us did support that clown and have now Ben burned. What do you want us to do. It been one lie after another. This machine should have never even been put into preorder.

#21428 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You can’t fall if you never rose

#21429 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:To add fuel to the fire. Some of us did support that clown and have now Ben burned. What do you want us to do. It been one lie after another. This machine should have never even been put into preorder.

gremlins (resized).jpggremlins (resized).jpg
#21430 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

At this point, I'm feeling like we won't be hearing from him about any of this for quite a while, if ever at all.

except Robert never had his final say, aka opportunity to present his pinball manifesto. If the plug has been pulled, we should be hearing something soon from the employees. They’d be actively looking for jobs and willing to “spill the beans”. Expecting a statement from Robert or Deeproot in the near term, maybe it took all this to get an update. After providing that bit of entertainment, expect all Deeproot communication channels to go dark.

#21431 2 years ago

The one piece of unobtanium that can be auctioned off for very high price will be the one RAZA prototype. JPOP has outdone himself. He has achieved his goal of making the highest priced pin ever. Magic Girl was just a warm up.

#21432 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

When your MO is to shit on everyone else and treat people like garbage while acting like a ridiculous buffoon all of the time, after year three or four there generally aren't many folks left rushing to help rescue your impossible failed company.

#21433 2 years ago

Anybody else hear the rumor that 30 of the PATHETICALLY EMBARRASSINGLY LOW 122 sales was Robert buying his own games?

Guess just to get it over 100 huh? What a LOSER.

#21434 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

The one piece of unobtanium that can be auctioned off for very high price will be the one RAZA prototype. JPOP has outdone himself. He has achieved his goal of making the highest priced pin ever. Magic Girl was just a warm up.

The irony would be it getting yoinked via "civil forfeiture" and then sold to some old lady at an auction for 500 bucks for her grandkids.

#21435 2 years ago

I hate to say it, but watching deeproot crash due to RM's ego and bluster and bullying and delusions, and seeing Spooky, AP, Haggis, Multimorphic, etc., all survive, has been a little bit like watching a movie where the good guys win...

#21436 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Anybody else hear the rumor that 30 of the PATHETICALLY EMBARRASSINGLY LOW 122 sales was Robert buying his own games?

Even less when you consider the couple dozen Zidware claimants

#21437 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Without pinside less people play pinball. Therefore less buyers of machines. I'm not defending DR. Nor blaming pinside for its failure. I'm saying that if we wanted to advocate for RAZAs release we could. What would happen if we started dialog about releasing deeproot assets to the pinball community? Maybe nothing..but poopin' on deeproot really doesn't get us anything but a place to poop. Forgive deeproot and change the discourse to "You [DR] had a good run but turn in your cards so we can finally play the game. RM may not want us to play it but we want to so hand it over."

#21438 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

Without pinside less people play pinball.

People on pinside really overestimate how much pinside contributes to buying and playing pinball. 90%+ of pinball players and owners will never see this website.

#21439 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

I'm saying that if we wanted to advocate for RAZAs release we could.

How is that remotely relevant?

Dude started a manufacturing company and failed to build a functioning factory. "Advocating" does nothing to change that fundamental fact.

#21440 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

[quoted image]

Ben you were right. I should have listened but took the gamble. No one to blame but myself. And RM of course. I'm glad I at least got a Halloween. We can't wait to see your next game. At least it will be made.

#21441 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

People on pinside really overestimate how much pinside contributes to buying and playing pinball. 90%+ of pinball players and owners will never see this website.

I'd still play without pinside. I don't think I've met another pinball player who doesn't also have a pinside account.

#21442 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How is that remotely relevant?
Dude started a manufacturing company and failed to build a functioning factory. "Advocating" does nothing to change that fundamental fact.

DR shouldbe forced to release it to the public domain and let homebrewers create it if they want.

#21443 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

I'm saying that if we wanted to advocate for RAZAs release we could.

We don't want to. Jpop announced this game in 2011 and started taking orders. It has literally been in development for a DECADE. I'd assume no game has ever had this many people waste this much time on it. No one needs to waste a minute more.

Plus, it's not some great game. It's a dumb mish mosh mess of recycled elements and random stuff that doesn't even look particularly fun to play. Time to move on.

#21444 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

I'd still play without pinside. I don't think I've met another pinball player who doesn't also have a pinside account.

Almost NOBODY in the Dallas/Ft. Worth pinball community of collectors and competitive players posts here regularly. That's at *least* 50+ people I know of off the top of my head that either do not have Pinside accounts at all, or don't use them enough for me to even know they exist. Given how much time I've spent on the boards over the years, and I *do* absolutely notice anytime I see someone from the area posting in things I'm reading. They're just simply not here. There's no need for them to be. They don't rely on other people's opinions about games, don't care, and pay techs to do their repair work. In the last decade, I've heard Pinside mentioned by someone other than Marcus (Xerico) or Ken (Pinballrebel) mentioned by another player.......exactly zero times ever.

#21445 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Worse than selling and taking deposits on 92 pinball machines that Robert had no clue how to build? Sad that 0 (zero) pinball machines were built and delivered. And the money just collected is undoubtedly spent with nothing to show. All of that qualifies Robert as a LOSER. Few companies survive an assault from a scorned investor, much less those from many of their customers - all the while Deeproot is solely to blame for their woes.

#21446 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

DR shouldbe forced to release it to the public domain and let homebrewers create it if they want.

In the back of my mind I always wanted DR to do ok because I wanted to buy their swinging target mech for my homebrew projects. I have an old 70s Williams EM one already, but maybe they could have reduced the size or something. I think it'd be fun to combine a set of drops in front of a swinging target. See if you can hit the moving target, each drop you hit takes down the value of the swinging target.

#21447 2 years ago

So, over on the sycophant's thread, are they asking "Will the lifeboats be seated according to class?"

#21448 2 years ago

I mean, I still really like that wraparound back box. Someone who actually builds games should steal that.

#21449 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

If right now there is a 1 in 24,000,000,000 chance that RAZA gets released. Then if pinside backed deeproot collectively on the forums then maybe the odds go up to 1 in 12 chance. No data to back those numbers. I'm putting value on pinside users comments. I'm sure a lot of the success of pinball today from any company is largely due to pinside.

your forgot a few Zeros but I fixed it for you

#21450 2 years ago

Everyone it sounds is resigned to the fact that it's probably over and takes personal responsibility.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 429 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/429 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.