Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 427 of 672.
#21301 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

From what's been said, the pinball division had been cut off of more money from the deeproot fund. If the PPP money is also gone, and no machines can be built to make any money, can this be the end of the runway?

They never left the terminal...

#21302 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

From what's been said, the pinball division had been cut off of more money from the deeproot fund. If the PPP money is also gone, and no machines can be built to make any money, can this be the end of the runway?

Robert has claimed to be personally wealthy and prepared to use his personal money to run Deeproot Pinball.
At least that's how I interpreted what he said about funding.

#21303 2 years ago

He also said he would make all past preorders whole but instead seems like he stuck it to an additional 120ish EA’s

#21304 2 years ago

To be clear , this obviously wasn’t a scam - I believe he had good intentions . DR is just the definitive example of gross incompetence.

#21305 2 years ago

Hope the staff took pictures over the years. When this saga finally ends we see what was actually going on there for production.

#21306 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Hope the staff took pictures over the years. When this saga finally ends we see what was actually going on there for production.

336DA735-7C57-493E-B001-5376CB6D5211 5 (resized).jpg336DA735-7C57-493E-B001-5376CB6D5211 5 (resized).jpg
#21307 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It was a genuine question.
There's an incredible amount of skill and nuance that goes into creating logo design, things that aren't obvious to the non-graphic designer. Some might say that designing a logo is easy, but thinking it's that simple could be considered an example of the Dunning Kruger effect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Wasn't there an earlier version of the logo with a gear in it that then changed? That to me suggests that someone else thought the original version wasn't considered effective enough to keep. I'm not saying that is the case here, and I bring no malice, just trying to understand. I really wish great things for Deeproot Pinball, and am excited to see the innovations they bring to the industry. It's disappointing to see they will no longer be able to meet the 5 days of Deeproot event at Texas, I just hope they haven't over promised and I hope we're not seeing the Dunning Kruger effect applied to pinball creation.

I suspected something might be amiss when I saw the original logo, I wondered if there was some overlooking some of the finer nuances for successful logo design... I worried it might be a red flag of potential Dunning-Kruger, and hoped that wouldn't carry over to pinball manufacturing. I still hope it hasn't.

#21308 2 years ago

When you call the 1800 number, it simply tells tells you to email either deeprootfunds.com. All other enquires to email deeprootpinball.com then hangs up. Not sure if that is any different from before though.

#21309 2 years ago

What would happen if this forum switched its attitude and had only good things to say about deeproot? Would deeproot be more open about its progress? I really doubt anyone with money on the line cares if they actually get a pinball machine at this point. I'm thinking if we're nice we increase our chances of deeproot finishing RAZA. Let's all say good things about deeproot and see if RM changes his discourse.

I'm going to start:
I know the internet is harsh but know that some people just want to see more pinball machines in the world. RAZA would be a machine with a heck of a story. And I'd love to see it someday.

#21310 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

What would happen if this forum switched its attitude and had only good things to say about deeproot? Would deeproot be more open about its progress? I really doubt anyone with money on the line cares if they actually get a pinball machine at this point. I'm thinking if we're nice we increase our chances of deeproot finishing RAZA. Let's all say good things about deeproot and see if RM changes his discourse.
I'm going to start:
I know the internet is harsh but know that some people just want to see more pinball machines in the world. RAZA would be a machine with a heck of a story. And I'd love to see it someday.

lol - yeah that will work

#21311 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

I'm going to start:

Are you inferring that the pinside collective torpedoed dr, and now we may be able to save them?

Here is some constructive advice. Scrap pinball all together and focus on the pinpod(tm). Paint it, bling it up with some art from the many illustrators they had. Make it one big storage box for anything, why limit it's potential to pins? You got this RM!

#21312 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

When you call the 1800 number, it simply tells tells you to email either deeprootfunds.com. All other enquires to email deeprootpinball.com then hangs up. Not sure if that is any different from before though.

There used to be an automated switchboard with about 5 options to route through.

#21313 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Here is some constructive advice. Scrap pinball all together and focus on the pinpod(tm). Paint it, bling it up with some art from the many illustrators they had.

Put a touch screen on it!

#21314 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Put a touch screen on it!

#21315 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Pretty sure you would be arrested for flipping a food truck in new York. Plus you would have to be extremely strong to do so. But more feasible than playing a pin from dr

Lev flipping over an NYC food truck is more likely than him ever playing a DeepRoot Food Truck.

#21316 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

OMG! Everybody owes to themselves to listen to this from 14:00-19:10. In 5 minutes, Robert gives Stern some free manufacturing advice So many trade secrets and patents. RM reminds me of Russel Crowe in Beautiful Mind. He’s probably writing numbers and equations with wax pens on a a clear board or window near you. I haven’t laughed this loudly in a long while.

25 - 30 patents. Warranties an order of magnitude stronger than current industry standard. “Rugged games”. Sledge hammer to every playfield. Rules are easy. Jpop is really good at rules. Only sales will restrict the speed of our manufacturing/game delivery.

The whole pod is comedy gold.

#21317 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

I'm going to start:

#21318 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:What would happen if this forum switched its attitude and had only good things to say about deeproot? Would deeproot be more open about its progress? I really doubt anyone with money on the line cares if they actually get a pinball machine at this point. I'm thinking if we're nice we increase our chances of deeproot finishing RAZA. Let's all say good things about deeproot and see if RM changes his discourse.
I'm going to start:

You forgot to add this . At least I hope you forgot it.

#21319 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

weird text to speech too instead of a human saying it

#21320 2 years ago

I can’t find their Facebook page.....

#21321 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

weird speech to text too instead of a human saying it

No humans left to leave a message.

#21322 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

No humans left to leave a message.

Where's the parking lot attendant when you need him

#21323 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Loser kids weigh in and say that Robert has also deactivated his FB account.

So did Robert take down his personal Facebook on the advice of his lawyers. Of course not. Lawsuit excuse is a stall tactic and those invested need to organise.

#21324 2 years ago

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but has deeproot studios ever released ANYTHING? (I'm guessing no). I see they posted about moving into some fancy office space in Utah a couple years ago, and showed screen shots of some crappy looking mobile games, but to my knowledge nothing ever got released out of all their subsidiary companies? (Was really hoping for a RAZA board game)
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#21325 2 years ago

I want the Food Truck VR game. All the fun of cooking without having any of the tasty food to enjoy at the end of it.

#21326 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

No that’s just JPOP’s trash can

#21327 2 years ago

Still plenty of time to dig themselves out of this hole
source.gifsource.gif

#21328 2 years ago

RM has also removed his profile from LinkedIn.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-mueller-43b5b113

This one is just about over, folks.

#21329 2 years ago

And somehow this is Pinside's fault.

#21330 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:RM has also removed his profile from LinkedIn.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-mueller-43b5b113
This one is just about over, folks.

Whoa! That’s a bit of a major move. Does he still have a Deeproot investments profile (or whatever the insurance company is called )

#21331 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Whoa! That’s a bit of a major move. Does he still have a Deeproot investments profile (or whatever the insurance company is called )

https://www.linkedin.com/company/deeproot-wealth-advisors

Deeproot funds has also been removed.

#21332 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

Duke Nukem Forever had a heck of a story. As for the game itself? Mediocre at best.

#21333 2 years ago

Maybe someone should drive by the airport.

#21334 2 years ago

That’s interesting. That fund should have nothing to do with pinball. Why make that fund info disappear as well?

#21335 2 years ago

Robert was packing up his office earlier this week and left behind his greatest high school award.

DEF91948-2306-40E2-B745-2F63BD0B1105.jpegDEF91948-2306-40E2-B745-2F63BD0B1105.jpeg
#21336 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That’s interesting. That fund should have nothing to do with pinball. Why make that fund info disappear as well?

No one knows that other than RM. It could also be possible that he used Deeproot funds to invest in the pinball business.

#21337 2 years ago

blueberryjohnson while you're archiving stuff, don't forget these gems

https://web.archive.org/web/20180827092007/https://zidware.deeproottech.com/

spongebobmeme (resized).jpgspongebobmeme (resized).jpg

>All games will be designed and manufactured similar to the commonly known Williams/Bally/Zidware standards.

#21338 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's why I stopped posting stuff last night and deleted some of what I already had. He's disappearing more than just the pinball and more than just what's been mentioned already. One can imagine things are really bad. If he has business decisions to own up to, he totally should. And be prepared to take his medicine. But in the end, I hope he is, as a person, ok.

#21339 2 years ago

Interesting....looks like the other shoe finally dropped and all the carpets are being rolled up.

I think refunds for preorders are probably off the table.

That's too bad. I'm sorry to see another big loss of funds in the hobby. I think most of us probably saw it coming 5 miles away, though.

#21340 2 years ago

Its fine. This is part of how they enhance the Total Ownership Experience.

#21341 2 years ago

This slide indicate RAZA buyers accepting the deal will be paid back their funds while they continue to wait for their game to be built, should the 2019 delivery date be missed? Did this occur, because automatic refunds sound non-negotiable and wonderful. Or did this morph into the first refund offer only? Did anyone get their money back?

54797126-1D50-4C3B-95C6-BA403E603CC6.jpeg54797126-1D50-4C3B-95C6-BA403E603CC6.jpeg

#21342 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

blueberryjohnson while you're archiving stuff, don't forget these gems

https://web.archive.org/web/20180827092007/https://zidware.deeproottech.com/
[quoted image]
>All games will be designed and manufactured similar to the commonly known Williams/Bally/Zidware standards.

That's actually the vid I was looking for yesterday but couldn't remember where it lived

#21343 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Interesting....looks like the other shoe finally dropped and the all the carpets are being rolled up.
I think refunds for preorders are probably off the table.
That's too bad. I'm sorry to see another big loss of funds in the hobby. I think most of us probably saw it coming 5 miles away, though.

Total speculation, but if that's the extent of the fallout for RM it could end up being a relief to him (though obviously not to the pre-orderers). Ice has been saying for a bit Robert has bigger problems than pinball. Disappearing content related to your SEC-regulated investment fund things is not a good sign (and probably not a good idea, but I'm no lawyer or money manager).

#21344 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

This slide indicate RAZA buyers accepting the deal will be paid back their funds, should the 2019 fate get missed? Did this happen because to be automatically refunded once 2019 date is missed sounds wonderful. Or did this become the first refund request offered?
[quoted image]

I remember hearing a few people got off the train at the time and actually got paid out.

I feel bad for the handful of people who got in on RAZA and didn't really understand the shit show they were stepping into. Only a little bit of sympathy on those who knew and wanted to roll the dice because it is still bullshit that this is happening and refunds are off the table per the last update.

Remember that time Robert said pre-order money would be put in a separate escrow account to keep it safe? Why can't people get refunds then....

#21345 2 years ago

A well know pinball industry insider posted a picture on their Facebook page of the Titanic sinking with "Deeproot" written on the ship.

He took it down soon after. Must have gotten a phone call.

#21346 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

A well know pinball industry insider posted a picture on their Facebook page of the Titanic sinking with "Deeproot" written on the ship.

Doubtful that's the reason. Probably someone saying it's in poor taste or saying you may not want to get involved with what's going on. I get the feeling Robert doesn't currently have the bandwidth to patrol the internet for jokes about him and respond with scary sounding messages.

#21347 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Doubtful that's the reason. Probably someone saying it's in poor taste or saying you may not want to get involved with what's going on. I get the feeling Robert doesn't currently have the bandwidth to patrol the internet for jokes about him and fire off scary sounding messages about them.

I'd have one by now.

Didn't see the original picture, but here's an attempt
titanic (resized).pngtitanic (resized).png

#21348 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

This one?

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 11.38.16 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-06 at 11.38.16 AM (resized).png
#21349 2 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 427 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/427?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.