Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 424 of 672.
#21151 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

That would be up to the courts to decide.

Sent any c&ds lately? We're all interested in Robert's mysterious new legal get out of update jail free card

#21152 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Sent any c&ds lately? We're all interested in Robert's mysterious new legal get out of update jail free card

His problems currently are not with anything to do with IP as far as I know.

#21153 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Just to be clear, no matter how dumb I think it is to support Deeproot for a multitude of reasons, both personal and well what he says publicly, I would never tie anything up legally for those who are waiting for what they are owed or have deposits on. I respect this community no matter what side of the fence they are on. Also its pretty obvious they should self implode anyway.

#21154 2 years ago

Did that company that patented what the PinPod™ ripped off find out about deeproot? All those games and no boxes ready to put them into!

https://www.snapcrate.com/

(if not obvious, I'm not serious about those games being ready. And dr could have just licensed the tech for the PinPod™)

#21155 2 years ago

UGh. Nevermind

#21156 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Did that company that patented what the PinPod™ ripped off find out about deeproot? All those games and no boxes ready to put them into!
https://www.snapcrate.com/

Wait, I thought Robert was using his *noggin* to out-design everyone else in the industry ever! You mean he just stole an idea outright from another, successful business and claimed it was his own? I'm shocked!

#21157 2 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

Wait, I thought Robert was using his *noggin* to out-design everyone else in the industry ever! You mean he just stole an idea outright from another, successful business and claimed it was his own? I'm shocked!

Lol in the deeproot pinpod video RM even quotes the same specs from the snap crate website. He's a lawyer so he must have licensed it, right?

#21158 2 years ago

Deeproot didn't do anything legally wrong and it's a fairly common business practice. Just like a company buying cardboard boxes for shipping, Deeproot bought crates. Snapcrate just wants to sell their products and if you go to their website you will see they sell them blank.

Deeproot's video about the Pinpod to the community was misleading by omission but nothing more. Still, very telling of how insincere and untrustworthy they are.

$_57 (resized).JPG$_57 (resized).JPG$_57(2) (resized).JPG$_57(2) (resized).JPG

#21159 2 years ago

I mean, the fact that they're selling it as a deeproot innovation with the PinPod™ trademark (which they might not even have registered) is pretty misleading. And then to charge $900 for it. I wonder what their markup is for stamping the deeproot logo on the side.

#21160 2 years ago

Nobody needs a box - No games

#21161 2 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

I mean, the fact that they're selling it as a deeproot innovation with the PinPod™ trademark (which they might not even have registered) is pretty misleading. And then to charge $900 for it. I wonder what their markup is for stamping the deeproot logo on the side.

"We can't ship pins in cardboard. That will never work. We need a $900 solution. We are innovators! Send us more deposits!" Laughs all the way to the bank... Until the money runs out

#21162 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Nobody needs a box - No games

The irony is palpable. One might argue that those who boast about exclusively thinking outside of the box don't need one.

#21163 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#21164 2 years ago

#21165 2 years ago

#21166 2 years ago

#21167 2 years ago

#21168 2 years ago

Quoted from Rarehero:Never.
Just make some tea and read this thread, all the answers are here.

Wow! I had a read through, things really have gone off the rails in this thread. It seems like a bit of a mystery when it will be avail to play. I'm sorry for anyone who has preordered and having to deal with the disappointment. I'm hoping the situation improves soon!

#21169 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

What I suggested a few years back in this very thread. AR in pinball is the next big step, it's just a case of who gets there first.
I actually thought Deep Root were working on this tech, turns out they just farted out a silly Pinbar, which impressed no one.
IMMERSION, IMMERSION, IMMERSION...is the key to pinball's continued success into the next generation and beyond. The old farts left in the industry are way behind the times and should be taken out to pasture. How many 70 year olds do you see working at Naughty Dog or Rock Star?
New blood, new ideas, new innovations.....it's all uncapped and waiting out there.

Disrespect. Shame.

#21170 2 years ago

I think you need to reverse the mother and baby role.

Jpop(mom) already has one kid drowning, RM(baby) trusted mom and he leapt, he is about to drown...

#21171 2 years ago

Maybe Robert was too busy studying African Mining to know how physics work.

That box will stop a forklift jab but drop it and game still getting ruined.

#21172 2 years ago

The funnest thing to me is that the PinPod will not fit through a standard sized doorway.

Going by memory of the video, I think it was Cary Hardy who raised that issue to which Robert said, (paraphrasing) Most people unbox their games in the garage (before moving it inside).

#21173 2 years ago

Well he's not wrong. A normal box doesn't fit through a standard door either - or even a wider door. On maybe a plus side for those that just let NiB games sit in their warehouse for 30 years it will be less likely to be affected by the environment.

#21174 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well he's not wrong. A normal box doesn't fit through a standard door either - or even a wider door.

I'm thinking of Stern in particular but that's news to me. I've never had a problem.

#21175 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm thinking of Stern in particular but that's news to me. I've never had a problem.

Hmm...maybe I have Hobbit doors? lol. But I've never tried a Stern box.

#21176 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well he's not wrong. A normal box doesn't fit through a standard door either - or even a wider door.

Works for me. A standard interior door is 32” and the box is 31”

If I put them in my workshop I have to pop the door off the hinge though.

#21177 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well he's not wrong. A normal box doesn't fit through a standard door either - or even a wider door. On maybe a plus side for those that just let NiB games sit in their warehouse for 30 years it will be less likely to be affected by the environment.

Should be like our American tanks - designed to fit down even the narrower streets in Europe.

#21178 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Only if your doorway is the narrow 30” type. Which your exterior door will not be on any modern house. Boxes come inside all the time today - pinpod never will.

#21179 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Works for me. A standard interior door is 32” and the box is 31”
If I put them in my workshop I have to pop the door off the hinge though.

36" doors should be the norm on the exterior. Very few appliances fit 32" without damage.

#21180 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Cary Hardy who raised that issue to which Robert said, (paraphrasing) Most people unbox their games in the garage (before moving it inside).

Robert also added "But in the end, this won't be an issue either way."

To which Cary responded "Why is that?"

Robert smiled wryly, and said "I could tell you now, but you just need to be patient for my next update..."

#21181 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:Maybe Robert was too busy studying African Mining to know how physics work.

That was a classic soundbite from that honor roll of boneheaded statements.

Gotta say, those two podcasts with the backing music are two of the funniest trolling pinball podcasts ever. Hilarious.

#21182 2 years ago

Not to be left behind by recent industry news, Deeproot will be announcing soon that they have pouched Ben Heck away from CGC.

Also, in an effort to rebrand themselves, Deeproot will announce a corporate name change to, Jerk Store™

#21183 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Only if your doorway is the narrow 30” type. Which your exterior door will not be on any modern house. Boxes come inside all the time today - pinpod never will.

Well, I've got a 100 year old house, and while yes, the exterior door is that wide....none of the interior doorways are. So I've got to unbox in the garage regardless. Otherwise I'd have to unbox in my narrow entryway

#21184 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Robert also added "But in the end, this won't be an issue either way."
To which Cary responded "Why is that?"
Robert smiled wryly, and said "I could tell you now, but you just need to be patient for my next update..."

I fail to see how ul certification could resolve this problem, but I'm no genius pinball mogul.

#21185 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. It’s a waste of time but let me see what I can do. I’ll have my assistant do it on Monday, he’s a lawyer too and I’ll put him on it. I’m heading in your direction tomorrow. Maui
Just landed in Phoenix for stopover
Post the search again and I’ll screenshot it to him
Initials VIN

Bump

#21186 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not to be left behind by recent industry news, Deeproot will be announcing soon that they have pouched Ben Heck away from CGC.

I'd blow my own brains out first.

#21187 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Now JPop will start noodling on Ben Heck’s Suicide Adventureland

It could be like that old adult swim flash game where you’re trying to kill yourself instead of going to a meeting.
BC61F0E0-DE8A-4D29-A224-D176A0D1155F (resized).jpegBC61F0E0-DE8A-4D29-A224-D176A0D1155F (resized).jpeg

#21188 2 years ago

I think was brought up before (maybe ben?) where Elon repeats over and over (design is easy, manufacturing is hard)

#21189 2 years ago

The show must go on. What is the real excuse for doing nothing for production there. Only concepts & dreams so far. Pinball is hard. Maybe Robert should of been watching Shark Tank. No production, minor sales, millions down the toilet, & over evaluation based on concepts only. He would of been shown the exit.

#21190 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So you’re saying there’s a chance gif

#21191 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So you’re saying there’s a chance gif

tenor.giftenor.gif
#21192 2 years ago

Wonder if there might be New tenants in the building this month

#21193 2 years ago

Deep Thoughts Part 3 is up

#21194 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

A few days late in honor of deeproot being a few years late.

and to sum up the episode
giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#21195 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

More games than anyone else in 2019!!!!

70407D44-DFE1-4D6C-9C60-186016214148.gif70407D44-DFE1-4D6C-9C60-186016214148.gif
#21196 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Love it. I hope he makes as many of these as titles deeproot announced

#21197 2 years ago

Found a couple business cards in a box of old crap. Glossy, embossed logo, no expense spared!
5B903390-54FB-473B-9BEE-6816E9E3197C (resized).jpeg5B903390-54FB-473B-9BEE-6816E9E3197C (resized).jpeg

#21198 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

That would be up to the courts to decide.

aMgG2jh.gifaMgG2jh.gif
#21199 2 years ago

I'm hoping one of you guys can help me find or remember an old podcast or seminar recording of Deeproots. I'm 98% positive it wasn't Kaneda.
On it, RM is talking about how innovative Deeproot as a company is and he likened himself running it as Tom Cruise in the Minority Report.

It was a long time ago and I want to refresh my memory with better clarity on it. It was so outlandish I just remember it being a, holy crap, red flag for me. Even know I'm wondering, did he really say that.

Does anybody remember that besides me?

zzzzz zz minority-report (resized).jpgzzzzz zz minority-report (resized).jpg
#21200 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

But did it knock your socks off?

DD74416B-6278-48DB-8FBA-FA406B3A1846.gifDD74416B-6278-48DB-8FBA-FA406B3A1846.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 424 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/424?hl=jigz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.