Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 423 of 672.
#21101 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Maybe you could record a podcast episode just reading the quotes from the thread... k thx bye

Though I have no aspirations for being a pinball podcaster, I do think it would be pretty fun to shoot the shit (and there is no shortage of shit) about deeproot sometime as a guest expert analyst. (@loserkid3, my dms are open)

#21102 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If the money cannot be collected, TWC may file a lien as a permanent record of the debt owed to the employee by the employer.

record.gifrecord.gif
#21103 2 years ago

Can you imagine ordering a game and waiting over ten years to get it? Wow…..

#21104 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Some folks here unfortunately don't have to imagine

#21105 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Can you imagine being warned repeatedly by scammed pinheads and insiders to avoid ordering a machine at all costs and still ordering it?

#21106 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I really hope none of those employees got screwed over. That would be one of the real tragedies of this whole thing.

At least one of those employees has said many times in this thread that they did.

#21107 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s NOT an obsession. It’s just maybe getting a RAZA from Jpop finally because of DR.
Mitchell and the MG “shinys” got theirs from AP funded in part with my money. Never heard a peep out of me but if you are gonna keep throwing bombs and rooting hard that we don’t get ours then I’m gonna lob two right back at you.
Pretty simple don’t you think

I'm not rooting against you or any of the other prospective buyers, Iceman. I understand you've been through the mill for this title and think it'd be nice to see them actually delivered.
It just seems crazy to me that the incredibly long delays and the seemingly shady business practices are happening again.

#21108 2 years ago

I'm done with this fake company. When it's really truly finally over ping me, then I'll tell my stories.

#21109 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm done with this fake company. When it's really truly finally over ping me, then I'll tell my stories.

I feel ya. I need to focus my pinball energy on the more positive and create some pinball.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#21110 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

How does Steve Bowden fit into all of this?

He went to DR as a voice of credibility and really talked up what was coming. I’m guess that a lot of us let his promising appraisal of the situation act as a good barometer of how real things were.

I remember hearing him on a podcast basically saying ‘just wait, what’s happening is awesome.’

There’s no way he was duped, right? If I’m not mistaken, he relocated himself to TX. He must have seen a total lack of manufacturing capability? If the warning signs were there when the media arrived, you think he would have been sus when he arrived, too?

It doesn’t make any sense.

#21111 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

If the warning signs were there when the media arrived, you think he would have been sus when he arrived, too?

I think about the stories from the 6 VIPs, of Robert waving his arms around in an empty room explaining what was going to be there. And then rewind to 4 years ago or so when they launched, and imagine that type of pitch, combined with the money being thrown around. The lure of being recruited, being paid top dollar to do dream work of being in pinball. It would be a hard offer to pass up on.

#21112 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think about the stories from the 6 VIPs, of Robert waving his arms around in an empty room explaining what was going to be there. And then rewind to 4 years ago or so when they launched, and imagine that type of pitch, combined with the money being thrown around. The lure of being recruited, being paid top dollar to do dream work of being in pinball. It would be a hard offer to pass up on.

Ok. Hard pass up, I get that. But that doesn’t have anything to do with telling a potential customer base that the world behind the curtain is going to blow everyone away. Know what I mean?

This is such a weird situation. Something doesn’t add up…

#21113 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

How does Steve Bowden fit into all of this?
He went to DR as a voice of credibility and really talked up what was coming. I’m guess that a lot of us let his promising appraisal of the situation act as a good barometer of how real things were.
I remember hearing him on a podcast basically saying ‘just wait, what’s happening is awesome.’
There’s no way he was duped, right? If I’m not mistaken, he relocated himself to TX. He must have seen a total lack of manufacturing capability? If the warning signs were there when the media arrived, you think he would have been sus when he arrived, too?
It doesn’t make any sense. His reputation

But what’s Bowden’s reputation? Nice guy, truly elite player. But what else? He’s not an institution in this hobby nor any more a pillar of credibility in this matter than Barry Oursler or anyone else that signed up and is still there.

He went in bright eyed, bushy tailed and under strict NDA, just like every other rooter. He’s not the first or the last to join a company whilst being fed a load of bullshit, without any grasp of the real situation, the motivations of leadership and the desired end game. In fact, I’d wager most of us have done the same thing.

This ongoing JPOP/RAZA nonsense is, has been, and may ever be the biggest steaming pile of shit this hobby will ever see.

#21114 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Haha, good one!
Oh, you’re serious? They don’t exist. That’s why you haven’t played one.

Ah, they’ve been delayed? That’s why I haven’t seen any on location. I remember hearing about the zombie amusement park pin a couple of years ago and was definitely interested, it seemed like a kitsch theme.

I was thinking of buying one but didn’t want to put money down without having a chance to play - good thing I didn’t! Hopefully those who preordered get their game soon, do we know when they will be released?

#21115 2 years ago

Until I see pictures of what is actually there for production I am also out. Gave all the advice that I have for now. Like I said there should of been 25 - 100 RAZA pins built in house with the staff remaining the last 8 months. If not they wasted a lot of time & money for nothing! Even a small core of employees in a build contactor could of done the same. But I think the real story is lack of parts because of incompetence, vendors being wary to deal with them, & the constant bad news over the years along with the history of JPOP.

For now I will focus on helping other micro groups get into the REAL pinball business.

#21116 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Ah, they’ve been delayed? That’s why I haven’t seen any on location. I remember hearing about the zombie amusement park pin a couple of years ago and was definitely interested, it seemed like a kitsch theme.
I was thinking of buying one but didn’t want to put money does without having a chance to play - good thing I didn’t! Hopefully those who preordered get their game soon, do we know when they will be released?

You’re adorable!

#21117 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Like I said there should of been 25 - 100 RAZA pins built in house with the staff remaining the last 8 months. If not they wasted a lot of time & money for nothing!

Even jpop managed to hand build some Magic Girls in the back of the American Pinball facility.

So the problems go far deeper than the build. Clearly, they don't have the parts they need either.

#21118 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Ya think?

#21119 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Hopefully those who preordered get their game soon, do we know when they will be released?

Never.

Just make some tea and read this thread, all the answers are here.

#21120 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Ok. Hard pass up, I get that. But that doesn’t have anything to do with telling a potential customer base that the world behind the curtain is going to blow everyone away. Know what I mean?

He’s a fanboy who was offered a paying fanboy dream job. That’s all there is to it. There was no benefit for him to be skeptical. He was getting paid & working with a bunch of legit designers. He’s not the business guy or manufacturing guy….not his department.

#21121 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Never.
Just make some tea and read this thread, all the answers are here.

Real easy to read the tea leafs.

I think jonesjb was being sarcastic. We all know the answer.

#21122 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

#21123 2 years ago

#21124 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I really hope none of those employees got screwed over. That would be one of the real tragedies of this whole thing.

In cases like this rarely does anyone escape unscathed. More then likely there is a substantial amount of collateral damage to all associated.

QSS

#21125 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mitchell and the MG “shinys” got theirs from AP funded in part with my money.

Also funded with my money, which was $16,000 paid in full, unlike your tiny AIW deposit.

There were 19 Magic Girl owners and something like 20 to 25 MG games produced. Everybody on the MG list got their machines or sold their spots. *Everybody, not just me*. Even Iceman's BFF, wcbrandes got 2 MG's and I tip my hat to the man. Well done, Bill. I'm just sorry your friend is continually throwing you (and others) under the bus, trying to smear me.

I sold my pre-order spot, to Kaneda. After mine, others began selling and I was told at least one sold for $50K. Likely 2 of them sold for that. And from what I read from other sellers back then, I'd put the average MG sale price at $25-$35K in 2017.
Also sold long before mine were a string of at least a dozen RAZA spots for various prices.

In other words, people were making moves while Iceman choose to sit and yell from his keyboard, just as he continues today. The man is nothing but talk.

For a guy who has me blocked on Pinside, Iceman sure is obsessed with me.

#21126 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

21,125 posts in and we all are still wondering.

#21127 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

…we all are still wondering.

I wouldn’t go quite that far. Most of us can see where this is headed.

#21128 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I wouldn’t go quite that far. Most of us can see where this is headed.

Exactly. People that have little facts are still wondering.

#21129 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Also funded with my money, which was $16,000 paid in full, unlike your tiny AIW deposit.
There were 19 Magic Girl owners and something like 20 to 25 MG games produced. Everybody on the MG list got their machines or sold their spots. *Everybody, not just me*. Even Iceman's BFF, wcbrandes got 2 MG's and I tip my hat to the man. Well done, Bill. I'm just sorry your friend is continually throwing you (and others) under the bus trying to get to me.
I sold my pre-order spot, to Kaneda. After mine, others began selling and I was told at least one sold for $50K. Likely 2 of them sold for that. And from what I read from other sellers back then, I'd put the average MG sale price at $25-$35K in 2017.
Also sold long before mine were a string of at least a dozen RAZA spots for various prices.
In other words, people were making moves while Iceman choose to sit and yell from his keyboard as he continues today. The man is nothing but talk.
For a guy who has me blocked on Pinside, Iceman sure is obsessed with me.

I question those prices Kim. I recall Kaneda wanted to “corner the MG” market by buying Cointaker’s before refinding his brain. I recall he even welshed on Cointaker once realizing his sheer folly. And subsequently he also lost money on his MG sale.

Of course it wouldn’t surprise me if some rich guy(s) with nothing better to do paid stupid money for a MG. If so I’m glad they did. Because Magic Girl sucks and is basically unplayable.

#21130 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Exactly. People that have little facts are still wondering.

Scandell you or any other fucked over former rooters file claims with the state for unpaid wages?

#21131 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I sold my pre-order spot, to Kaneda.

He sold it to the Banning CA pinball museum, which is gonna be all auctioned off in Sept. Wanna finally get your MG, Kim? Buy it at the auction!

#21132 2 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

In cases like this rarely does anyone escape unscathed. More then likely there is a substantial amount of collateral damage to all associated.
QSS

Yes. About 119 preorders worth.

#21133 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I question those prices Kim. I recall Kaneda wanted to “corner the MG” market by buying Cointaker’s before refinding his brain. I recall he even welshed on Cointaker once realizing his sheer folly. And subsequently he also lost money on his MG sale.
Of course it wouldn’t surprise me if some rich guy(s) with nothing better to do paid stupid money for a MG. If so I’m glad they did. Because Magic Girl sucks and is basically unplayable.

I sold mine to Kaneda for $23,000 to start the ball rolling. And thanks to our Secret, ""SUPER DUPPER"", hidden Facebook group that Icy hates me so much for, I got to know all of the other MG owners and many shared their stories back then. The 50K sale was told to me second hand but if you can mentally go back to that brief time window, those $25K-35K prices are very real.

I say brief window because it wasn't long after Kaneda had received his MG, that his reviews started coming out. He video documented and began reporting what a complete POS disaster the game was. THAT, and that alone is what quickly drove the prices down. In my opinion it was a real Public Service announcement to the pinball community. Not so much for the MG owners though...

The prices are much less today as you are probably thinking and somewhat stabilized, but not like they were during FOMO season.

And you Nelson, you SOB, you got to play it for free!!

#21134 2 years ago

Guy learned what fan layout means. "Confirmed" should be next on the list.

#21135 2 years ago

Missed this one from 2019: RAZA video game confirmed.

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=358660244812967&id=282330622445930

Screenshot_20210801-124500 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210801-124500 (resized).png

#21136 2 years ago

So Karma is real !

#21137 2 years ago

Here is the absolutely sad thing and missed opportunity. Imagine for a moment if they really did have top notch animation artists and that they had a pin in hand for them to play with. Let them go wild and add 3D AR to the game. Basically a Pin2K for the 2020s. Done right, now that would have been a true innovation people likely would have lined up for. PinBar not so much. That is where artistry would matter. Forget the back box display, the whole game is the back box. Lexi on steroids as it were. The ultimate fusion of physical pinball with all the mechs, and video game/virtual pin.

#21138 2 years ago

We are all wondering .... where’s the Pinbar?

#21139 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

We are all wondering .... where’s the Pinbar?

In the lobby of the Pinhotel

#21140 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:In the lobby of the Pinhotel

Unfortunately, the PinPod(tm) is outside, as it cant fit through the doors.

#21141 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Here is the absolutely sad thing and missed opportunity. Imagine for a moment if they really did have top notch animation artists and that they had a pin in hand for them to play with. Let them go wild and add 3D AR to the game. Basically a Pin2K for the 2020s. Done right, now that would have been a true innovation people likely would have lined up for. PinBar not so much. That is where artistry would matter. Forget the back box display, the whole game is the back box. Lexi on steroids as it were. The ultimate fusion of physical pinball with all the mechs, and video game/virtual pin.

What I suggested a few years back in this very thread. AR in pinball is the next big step, it's just a case of who gets there first.

I actually thought Deep Root were working on this tech, turns out they just farted out a silly Pinbar, which impressed no one.

IMMERSION, IMMERSION, IMMERSION...is the key to pinball's continued success into the next generation and beyond. The old farts left in the industry are way behind the times and should be taken out to pasture. How many 70 year olds do you see working at Naughty Dog or Rock Star?

New blood, new ideas, new innovations.....it's all uncapped and waiting out there.

#21142 2 years ago

#21143 2 years ago

I don't think AR per se, digital has done well, but I think overall pinball is always going to be a niche thing unless you go full blown gambling with them.

The whole resurgence is mostly timing sync'd with nostalgia age and money.

#21144 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Mr. Heckendorn. You have Pinside on line one.

zzzzzzz SW-mojo-blog-header-how to ping and other skype etiquette 3 (resized).pngzzzzzzz SW-mojo-blog-header-how to ping and other skype etiquette 3 (resized).png
#21145 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's disgusting. Who can defend THAT?

The same people who cry about "wahh you want deeproot to fail but think of all the employees that will be hurt if that happens, shame on you!"

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Can you imagine being warned repeatedly by scammed pinheads and insiders to avoid ordering a machine at all costs and still ordering it?

Can you imagine being warned repeatedly by scammed pinheads and insiders plus ignoring countless bright red glowing red flags spewing from the top of a volcano and still ordering it?

#21146 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Can you imagine being warned repeatedly by scammed pinheads and insiders plus ignoring countless bright red glowing red flags spewing from the top of a volcano and still ordering it?

Now this a mixed metaphor I can get into. Lava flags.

#21147 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's really truly finally over.

Oh wait, you probably mean once you Robert says that. Never mind.

#21148 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Well this may not be totally true! There is a MG out there that took 3 plus years to complete top to bottom to make it very very playable! Its also one of a kind and very different than the 21 others.
Kim, you are right, its always the squeaky wheel that gets the grease!

#21149 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Well this may not be totally true! There is a MG out there that took 3 plus years to complete top to bottom to make it very very playable! Its also one of a kind and very different than the 21 others.
Kim, you are right, its always the squeaky wheel that gets the grease!

Hi @wcbrandes, do you still own the RAZA ip?

#21150 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Hi wcbrandes, do you still own the RAZA ip?

That would be up to the courts to decide.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 423 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/423?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.