View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 419 of 672.
#20901 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

The Latest:
Dear RAZA Customer:
We are sorry for the length of time without an update. We have been contacted by a few of you within the last few weeks. The main topics were how many people took the refund offer (3), is the refund offer still available (No), and what the status of the RAZA builds are.
A legal matter affecting RAZA arose around a month ago that we did not expect. We were advised by counsel to not send out any substantive communication while they worked to resolve it amicably. We have taken that advice while patiently waiting for it to be resolved. The back-and-forth has taken much, much longer than we expected. So we are providing this brief update so you understand what the delay is about.
We cannot discuss the parties or what the complaint is about. We cannot provide a timeline. What we can say is that we are working hard to resolve/settle it and we hope will be resolved very soon. We will be able to give a meaningful update at that time. Until then...
-Robert J. Mueller, Principal
deeproot Pinball

Welp. No games shipping any time soon. The tire fire burns on.

#20902 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

We were advised by counsel

aka RM.

Quoted from Yoreland:

We cannot discuss the parties or what the complaint is about

"We CHOOSE" not to discuss..."

Quoted from Yoreland:

We cannot provide a timeline.

"We sucks at timelines...deadlines...managing time....what is "time" really?"

#20903 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

The Latest:
Dear RAZA Customer:
We are sorry for the length of time without an update. We have been contacted by a few of you within the last few weeks. The main topics were how many people took the refund offer (3), is the refund offer still available (No), and what the status of the RAZA builds are.
A legal matter affecting RAZA arose around a month ago that we did not expect. We were advised by counsel to not send out any substantive communication while they worked to resolve it amicably. We have taken that advice while patiently waiting for it to be resolved. The back-and-forth has taken much, much longer than we expected. So we are providing this brief update so you understand what the delay is about.
We cannot discuss the parties or what the complaint is about. We cannot provide a timeline. What we can say is that we are working hard to resolve/settle it and we hope will be resolved very soon. We will be able to give a meaningful update at that time. Until then...
-Robert J. Mueller, Principal
deeproot Pinball

This shit story for real?
Left Field Hail Marry I'd say.

#20904 2 years ago

Wow, can’t win a trick.

Wonder what the legal issue is.

#20905 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

A legal matter affecting RAZA arose around a month ago that we did not expect.

An escape hatch!

#20906 2 years ago

Lol.... okay sure.

#20907 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wow, can’t win a trick.

Not paying employees, while taking PPP $$??? Id start there, but who knows, its probably multiple issues.

#20908 2 years ago

So they have assembled games ready to go but, alas - legal issues. Not UL certification issues…. not boat stuck in a canal/covid supply chain issues….. legal issues.

“I mean, otherwise we’d be shipping games like, yesterday.”

#20909 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

A legal matter affecting RAZA arose around a month ago that we did not expect.

"Can you believe these vendors actually want PAID?? We never expected that!"

How hard is it to check for liens against businesses in TX? Anyway, that was a pretty empty update, so...

Quoted from ZNET:

A long time ago, Clay Harrell published his ratings of Gottlieb woodrails at the link below. Clay gives Shindig a C grade, Triplets a C+ and Hi Diver a B+. I rate Triplets a C- and Hi Diver a B and agree that Shindig is a C where C represents an average player. The A-titles are appreciably better than what you currently have. They are games that a collector enjoys playing in a line-up for many years. I have been lucky to have owned a good variety of woodrails for over 3 decades and have never tired of the A-titles.

I did see those ratings and read up on those three back in the day. I'm glad HD gets a B from you as well, as I wasn't expecting a lot from the others and you kinda confirmed that. HD may be the best I get. I'd love to get one of the A-listers but that boat may have sailed.

Quoted from ZNET:

A-title woodrails are not exclusive to Gottlieb, although Gottlieb does dominate that pinball category. I rate Chicago Coin Thing, Williams Gusher and Williams Skyway as A-titles, for example. In fact, my Pinside profile includes a comprehensive article about CCM's enigmatic woodrail Thing, which features Roy Parker art and an extraordinary audio feature. Thing is a remarkable game.

I did not read that yet, will do. Games with unusual features would definitely interest me. It looks like Williams made a number of interesting woodrails, while as you say Gottlieb tended to be the best of the 60s and 70s.

It's a shame PPE is no more, as they seemed to have a huge collection of woodrails at their show. Related, it'll be interesting to see how many sell during the MoP auction and what they go for... too bad that's across the country from me.

#20910 2 years ago

I’m guessing they didn’t get the PinScam trademark.

…. or did they

#20911 2 years ago

Lol

Lol

Lol

In light of this @iceman44, how about those pacer pulls?

#20912 2 years ago

So they took the "I can't release my taxes because I'm under audit" route.

Can't say I expected that one.

#20913 2 years ago

Those cars out front must have been lawyers.

#20914 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Guess those cars out front were lawyers.

Probably repo men.

#20915 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not paying employees, while taking PPP $$??? Id start there, but who knows, its probably multiple issues.

Nah, too boring.

What about Ben Heck suing for royalties? Zombie Yeti to get paid for his artwork? Mueller suing his own employees because they embarrassed him? I’m sure Iceman’s car park drive by’s are somehow involved.

#20916 2 years ago

So for the "you are all just haters, deeproot will get it done" crew, at what point of Robert's updates meeting our expectations and trouncing theirs do they reevaluate who's offbase and who's seeing clearly?

#20917 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nah, too boring.
What about Ben Heck suing for royalties? Zombie Yeti to get paid for his artwork? Mueller suing his own employees because they embarrassed him? I’m sure Iceman’s car park drive by’s are somehow involved.

What about wcbrandes still owning the RAZA ip? Wasn't (or isn't?) that a thing?

#20918 2 years ago

Refunds still available....No!

#20919 2 years ago

His email might as well have said “get fucked boy”

#20920 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

What about wcbrandes still owning the RAZA ip? Wasn't (or isn't?) that a thing?

Holy shit Joe Pesci! You finally cracked the case. Lol

#20921 2 years ago

Your honor, we’re going to need another 30 days to prepare - my dog ate my legal brief.

#20922 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

An excuse not to give an update.

Their lawyers told them not to, after all.

#20923 2 years ago

Wow, I'm running out of popcorn at this point.

After following this story through the threads and podcasts all this time, hearing what RM has said and what he has actually delivered - absolutely fn nothing - I cant believe anyone would do any kind of business with this guy.

Now he has given himself an indefinite period of time with that last update. Have to wonder if Bankruptcy is being discussed at this point. Who really knows..

Good luck to those who gave him money. I hope you get something eventually.

#20924 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nah, too boring.

To me those are somewhat easy to resolve with $$$, unless some are being stubborn. The Fed on the other hand...

#20925 2 years ago

Wonder what 3 took the refund offer. Were there 3 people asking for a refund and 3 got one? Or were only 3 people, the first in the line assuming, given the refund?

#20926 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Refunds still available....No!

Refunds given…..(3).

Lol. DR just keeps on giving.

#20927 2 years ago

Picture this. dr did in fact take more PPP $$$ than any other pin builder. What if the fed wants to make an example of the self proclaimed "Best pinball company in the world" lol.

#20928 2 years ago

I had the wrong Friday but I called them dumping bad news on a Friday at 4:59

#20929 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Holy shit Joe Pesci! You finally cracked the case. Lol

Please enlighten us, Columbo. No one likes a know-it-all, share-nothing-at-all. Does this update relate to your drumbeat of Robert has way bigger problems than pinball, oh wise one?

#20930 2 years ago

Please enlighten us, Columbo. No one likes a know-it-all, share-nothing-at-all. Does this update relate to your drumbeat of Robert has way bigger problems than pinball, oh wise one?

The plot thickens and the saga continues on and on. Get used to it.

Ever heard of a “Demand Letter” Joe?

#20931 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The plot thickens and the saga continues on and on. Get used to it.
Ever heard of a “Demand Letter” Joe?

Unrelated, but not getting the Joe Pesci thing. Guy's been in a bunch of movies. Not familiar with his personal life. If the connection's there, I'm unlikely to discern it.

#20932 2 years ago

I doubt it’s Cointaker firing off their missile yet. That would be bad timing.

Billy on the other hand? Would be waste his time?

#20933 2 years ago

Unrelated, but not getting the Joe Pesci thing. Guy's been in a bunch of movies. Not familiar with his personal life. If the connection's there, I'm unlikely to discern it.

My cousin Vinny?

#20934 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Billy on the other hand? Would be waste his time?

Oh, I understandably mistook your confusing sarcasm as barking up the wrong tree. These would be interesting developments.

#20935 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

My cousin Vinny?

That is one of his scores of movies. Lethal Weapon 3 as well.

#20936 2 years ago

Wow, what a cluster.

#20937 2 years ago

If this was really about some Raza legal issue, couldn't they at least move on and produce one of the other 100 titles they apparently have finished?

#20938 2 years ago

I’ve only seen Gone Fishin

#20939 2 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

If this was really about some Raza legal issue, couldn't they at least move on and produce one of the other 100 titles they apparently have finished?

WHAT? And reconfigure the whole lin...
Oh wait, nevermind.

#20940 2 years ago

It's weird.... He answered the first two questions regarding how many people got refunds (3) and if the refund offer was still available (nope) but couldn't answer the seemingly innocuous question of the status of the RAZA builds?

#20941 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland: A legal matter affecting RAZA arose around a month ago that we did not expect.

Damn. RM is even dumber than we thought.

#20942 2 years ago

One of the reasons some have strongly suggested getting the refund choice is so you don’t lose your money when Deeproot goes bankrupt. Remember when Heighway went bust? There were few assets of value and a long list of creditors. In Deeproot’s case, they likely have a number of suppliers and artists owed money too. M

As said earlier, I believe Robert could get the games built if he wanted, but it would be super expensive. Then when he is finished with the run, he needs another two or three games designed 100%, tested and ready to be built. The possibility of that being true is -100%. (guaranteed to not happen). This is the real proof Robert won’t build any RAZA’s.

#20943 2 years ago

It’s just Mueller chasing ghosts so he can bill up 100’s of chargeable legal hours to the investors.

#20944 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’ve only seen Gone Fishin

Hope it's part of the next wave of deeproot titles announced?

#20945 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

It's weird.... He answered the first two questions regarding how many people got refunds (3) and if the refund offer was still available (nope) but couldn't answer the seemingly innocuous question of the status of the RAZA builds?

It's because legal things!

#20946 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

what is "time" really?"

An awesome band from the 80s?

#20947 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok, now we get to some meat.

#20948 2 years ago

Come on BJ, gotta watch that classic!

My nickname for you now is Vinny. Hey he won his case and beat the big city slicker lawyer

#20949 2 years ago

Ok so what legal issues would they have that’s preventing a build?

A cease and desist for using a patent or copyright?

A critical part or parts can’t be delivered because of non payment?

The fact that the lawyer is getting hung up on legal issues is the perfect incompetence dessert to go along with this huge incompetence buffet that is deeproot

#20950 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Ok so what legal issues would they have that’s preventing a build?

Maybe Stern patented “pinball” lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 419 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/419 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.