Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 412 of 672.
#20551 2 years ago

I actually haven't heard all of those RM clips before. His level of hubris is off the charts. I think I finally understand why this thread has 20,000 posts.

#20552 2 years ago

Holy smokes listening to Robert - What a load of crappy crap crap !

Pinball machines in two weeks or less - ha ha, and the 5 days of Deeproot. It's all even worse out of the horses mouth.

#20553 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah...because no one else did it or put in the work to do it. So he gets credit. It's a great 5 minute encapsulation of Robert's arrogance and hubris.

It's doing something that wasn't need and duplicative. Literally just read one TWIP interview and you get it. Read two and you have more than you ever needed. It's like the youtube video that is 15mins long to give you the 30seconds of info if they just cut to the chase. Or making a recap video a year after the news is old news and believing you added some new value.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

No one cares that Chris double talks. But by all means, edit together a montage of it and I'm sure people will approve. You think it's easy and you already listen to his show anyways
Anytime he's mentioned you and a few others just can't let it go. I think it really bothers you that more people listen to his opinion than yours...

People don't want their king attacked. There is nothing to gain from doing it because it won't change anyone's mind because as you said, we all already know he's contradictory, hypocritical, and just rides the latest trends... I don't need to edit something together to prove it. The people hanging on his johnson would do so even in the face of all that. So why bother? The faithful would reject reality anyways... so no thanks.

I don't care what his opinion is... I care that large portions of our community think it's credible, impactful, and parrot the crap. And no I don't listen except when there is some pointer or something to checkout.. like this guy posted a link like there there is some revelation in this episode. I clicked, I skipped around in 15sec and recognized it's the same crap we've all already had for years.

I don't listen to any of the current podcasts or youtubers except when they are bringing in someone of interest to interview... and then typically just while cutting the grass

#20554 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's doing something that wasn't need and duplicative. Literally just read one TWIP interview and you get it. Read two and you have more than you ever needed. It's like the youtube video that is 15mins long to give you the 30seconds of info if they just cut to the chase. Or making a recap video a year after the news is old news and believing you added some new value.

People don't want their king attacked. There is nothing to gain from doing it because it won't change anyone's mind because as you said, we all already know he's contradictory, hypocritical, and just rides the latest trends... I don't need to edit something together to prove it. The people hanging on his johnson would do so even in the face of all that. So why bother? The faithful would reject reality anyways... so no thanks.
I don't care what his opinion is... I care that large portions of our community think it's credible, impactful, and parrot the crap. And no I don't listen except when there is some pointer or something to checkout.. like this guy posted a link like there there is some revelation in this episode. Instead I skipped around in 15sec and recognized it's the same crap we've all already had for years.
I don't listen to any of the current podcasts or youtubers except when they are bringing in someone of interest to interview... and then typically just while cutting the grass

duty_calls (resized).pngduty_calls (resized).png

<3

#20555 2 years ago

Great news is that Robert has done at least a half dozen lengthy interviews over the years (at least one clocking in at I want to say 2.5 hours), so there is an enormous treasure trove of additional content for future episodes. Going to subscribe to Kaneda right now to make sure I catch the next edition as soon as it hits the airwaves!

A related idea for the enterprising podcast editor:

Robert has failed to provide a timely update as promised. But deeproot enthusiasts shouldn't have to go without.

So why not hack together an all in good fun audio update using Robert's own words to let folks know the inside scoop on what's really going on at DR?

#20556 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Great news is that Robert has done at least a half dozen lengthy interviews over the years (at least one clocking in at I want to say 2.5 hours), so there is an enormous treasure trove of additional content for future episodes. Going to subscribe to Kaneda right now to make sure I catch the next edition as soon as it hits the airwaves!
A related idea for the enterprising podcast editor:
Robert has failed to provide a timely update as promised. But deeproot enthusiasts shouldn't have to go without.
So why not hack together an all in good fun audio update using Robert's own words to let folks know the inside scoop on what's really going on at DR?

How much audio do they need for a deepfake recording these days?

Get Jeffy Bezos on the line, I got something for his servers to work on!

#20557 2 years ago

I bet that would get a legal letter spun up right quick

#20558 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't care what his opinion is... I care that large portions of our community think it's credible, impactful, and parrot the crap. And no I don't listen except when there is some pointer or something to checkout.. like this guy posted a link like there there is some revelation in this episode. I clicked, I skipped around in 15sec and recognized it's the same crap we've all already had for years.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"45c6e31cb789eb753f885566953deb1204f6c325-1627409812-1800"};
//]]>

Counterpoints:

Hearing this stuff is even funnier than reading it

Robert says way more across his many audio interviews than he did in his written ones, so there's way more dumbness to enjoy

Most people will have never heard all or any of his interviews, so any content bundled here will be new to many

Digging through many hours of audio and cutting together all killer, no filler compilations is time intensive and a fantastic service in the name of comedy to hammer home (harder than even a hammer tested playfield) just how truly one of a kind deeproot principal Robert J. Mueller, esq truly is

Point is, it's possible to both not generally like kaneda and to also give him an atta boy when he puts together something really entertaining, particularly when it's directly related everyone's favorite shit show. Give credit where credit is due. No need to always go binary.

#20559 2 years ago

Our intent is that when we launch a game, and someone comes to buy it, that they're gonna have that game shipped in 2 weeks or less. And I've stood by that from the beginning, and I'm gonna continue to stand by that. And if they don't get it in two weeks, we're gonna start giving them money for us not fulfilling the promise that we made.

So, any guesses on how much cash Robert has given away to the preorder folks?

#20560 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I bet that would get a legal letter spun up right quick

First amendment satire! An ethical lawyer like Robert would never try to tread on one of our nation's constitutional bedrocks.

#20561 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm no expert, but I'd guess there's already enough to do something not horrible (however I genuinely think no one should since that's a total line cross, in my opinion).

#20562 2 years ago

Robert: "We are gonna change the industry and make everyone else irrelevant!"

Also Robert: Spends 20 million letting a hippy hack scammer remake "Cyclone"

#20563 2 years ago

I'm no expert, but I'd guess there's already enough to do something not horrible (however I genuinely think no one should since that's a total line cross, in my opinion).

Yeah that was more in jest. That stuff is super eerie

Robert probably hasn't done enough of it either. Chris though...

#20564 2 years ago

I'm waiting for the very end to REALLY speak my mind, else I might be considered "torturous interference".

#20565 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm waiting for the very end to REALLY speak my mind, else I might be considered "torturous interference".

If Robert runs his practice like he runs his pinball company, then you're fine.

If Robert runs his company like he runs his mouth, then this lolcow ain't ever going to stop

#20566 2 years ago

Does it even have to end? There are people who already said they'd ride it to the end just to 'stick it to this thread' and 'chance at a rare game'. They can milk this for years by just putting out promises here and there, and never actually show anything, just for the memes.

#20567 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You don't need servers or AI for a good self-song, just lots of material and time

Go to http://idsa.net and check out the rush theme song for a good example

#20568 2 years ago

https://m.soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/deep-thoughts-by-deeproot-part-1

Oh…

Oh wow..

I didn’t know it was this bad.
I thought you guys were being negative nancy over here 24/7.
But to tell you the truth i am shocked.
I know it’s a montage but still.
Never heard RM speak before up until now since i rarely come here.
I check in for news sometimes since i am actually in on a deeproot machine.
But this is really bad.
Is that guy actually okay?
Cuz this sounds very fucking strange to me.
He better starts paying me money btw?
This pin is overdue
I have to listen again man…wow.
And what is that 5 days of deeproot stuff about??

E3961594-A253-48FD-8ECD-6DCC74ABB226 (resized).jpegE3961594-A253-48FD-8ECD-6DCC74ABB226 (resized).jpeg

#20569 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Oh…
Oh wow..
But this is really bad.
This pin is overdue[quoted image]

reminded me of a certain person half the country is enamored with. Same characteristics.

#20570 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

reminded me of a certain person half the country is enamored with. Same characteristics.

Hahahaha
Yes!
It is so weird!!

#20571 2 years ago

pinballrockstar

Friend, based on the uniformity of the audio quality, I'm pretty sure all that stuff was from one interview or multiple interviews from the same podcaster. There are several other interviews from other podcasters as yet untapped. Which is to say what you just heard could well be but the tip of the iceberg.

#20572 2 years ago

Oh…
Oh wow..
But this is really bad.
This pin is overdue
[quoted image]

Yeah...it's hard to appreciate just how batshit insane all of it is. The further you go in, the harder you facepalm.

There's a reason we've been able to make hundreds of pages of jokes and memes...

#20573 2 years ago

Oh…
Oh wow..
But this is really bad.
This pin is overdue
[quoted image]

This isn't even the worst stuff he's said. Maybe that will be in part 2.

Things like how many games he promised to release in a year, the hammer tested playfields, not taking preorder money, etc.

#20574 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Dude in no way do I believe I am a mean person, however, every time you Type I see this in the back of my mind. Give some people credit once in a while it really feels good!

20210727_120955 (resized).jpg20210727_120955 (resized).jpg
#20575 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You don't need servers or AI for a good self-song, just lots of material and time
Go to http://idsa.net and check out the rush theme song for a good example

I could only take about 30 seconds of it before I had to stop. Too many bad memories of being a child in my moms car while she listened to that crap. But kudos because you put a lot of effort into it.

#20576 2 years ago

So no one's got that 2 weeks 'money for their time' money yet right?

#20577 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I could only take about 30 seconds of it before I had to stop. Too many bad memories of being a child in my moms car while she listened to that crap. But kudos because you put a lot of effort into it.

Oh hell I can't take credit for making that, only for being fast enough to tape it when WEBN played it once, decades ago. Never heard it again; I think WEBN caught shit for it since WLW was under the same ownership and they carried rush...

#20578 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

For editing together what we all already knew, have discussed, and have said here for years?
Yes, quite the special genius to pull that edit together...
What would be more amazing is if Robert tasked his people to do the same exact thing to kaneda

Lighten up Francis. It was an exceptionally well crafted and well timed podcast.

#20579 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

No, Homepin makes games.
Sorry, I down voted you.

Maybe I missed something… but is Thunderbirds a game?

#20580 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Maybe I missed something… but is Thunderbirds a game?

Yes, it exists.. It’s just terrible.

#20581 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So no one's got that 2 weeks 'money for their time' money yet right?

At this point the games should be free - if they ever made any.

Not happening.

#20582 2 years ago

Even Gary Stern would say “Kaneda’s pinball podcast is my favorite pinball podcast”, after hearing this.

Someone send Robert M some lidocaine for that burn.

Quoted from wcbrandes:

Dude in no way do I believe I am a mean person, however, every time you Type I see this in the back of my mind. Give some people credit once in a while it really feels good!
[quoted image]

#20583 2 years ago

Could do without the music, but that's the most bang-for-your-buck 5 minutes of audio in podcast history. Megalomania, braggadocio, narcissism, delusions of grandeur, snake oil, good old fashioned bullshit, you want it he's got it. I'm not a Kaneda listener, but count me in for more bite-sized schadenfreude.

#20584 2 years ago

A concept reference for my proposed DIY Robert audio update:

#20585 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Could do without the music, but that's the most bang-for-your-buck 5 minutes of audio in podcast history. Megalomania, braggadocio, narcissism, delusions of grandeur, snake oil, good old fashioned bullshit, you want it he's got it. I'm not a Kaneda listener, but count me in for more bite-sized schadenfreude.

Right out of the horses mouth just shows what kind of manure he has been shoveling. How did anyone believe any of this ? If you haven't listened - listen in to it. It is even more ludicrous coming out of his mouth than what we have all read in print.

It would make plaid sport coated used car salesman everywhere blush. They are amateur's compared to this stuff.
Robert's the king.

#20586 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

[quoted image]

I'm almost tempted to unblock all the usual suspects to find out who it is in this case

#20587 2 years ago

Oh…
Oh wow..
But this is really bad.
This pin is overdue
[quoted image]

I appreciate your honest share.

#20588 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe there are no cars in the lot because he's using unconventional employment options.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

BOY!

#20589 2 years ago

Perhaps on today's parking lot jaunt iceman can John Cusack boombox Robert's sweet nothings to coax the man himself out

#20590 2 years ago

Too many posts to check so I'll just ask: Has anyone created a Brokeass Mountain meme of Robert wishing he knew how to quit jpop?

#20591 2 years ago

But this is really bad.

Wow - how on earth did you buy from this guy without hearing/reading this stuff? It’s been out there in broad daylight since day 1.

#20592 2 years ago

Perhaps on today's parking lot jaunt iceman can John Cusack boombox Robert's sweet nothings to coax the man himself out

Robert is a nice guy. JPop heard what we said about his crippling Starbucks addiction and locked himself into his shanty. So Robert did what any good friend would do

nevergonnagiveyouup.pngnevergonnagiveyouup.png

#20593 2 years ago

not a very encouraging update.

#20594 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What are they going to do at this point, litigate? I bet they can’t pay their Netflix sub.

#20595 2 years ago

RM be playing this to JPop...

46F2E1F9-DBAA-4A82-B99F-19165880834F (resized).png46F2E1F9-DBAA-4A82-B99F-19165880834F (resized).png
#20596 2 years ago

This saga is really reminiscent of the documentary “A Fist Full of Quarters.”

#20597 2 years ago

I haven't checked yet, has this podcast been shared in the "other" thread?

#20598 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I haven't checked yet,

I have....all I can say is

#20599 2 years ago

Did Dennis Nordman really say that?
I’m paraphrasing, ‘how amazing it is at Deeproot compared to the Bally Williams days’

#20600 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

For a guy named Ice he sure seems full of hot air.
Just walk up and go in. They owe you a tour.

I already know what’s going on. Don’t need another tour.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 412 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/412?hl=brettv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.