Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 409 of 672.
#20401 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wrong.
K man craps all over R&M on a regular basis, and has said that it has a design flaw.

Only after everyone else talked about it that he picked it up as 'news' and then changed his opinion to fit the consensus. The guy has zero game assessment abilities. He lives and dies on entropy - not credible analysis.

#20402 2 years ago

See you guys next week.

ridiculous .gifridiculous .gif
#20403 2 years ago
2BA27263-41AD-4DA2-BCCA-4ECBD3117B51 (resized).jpeg2BA27263-41AD-4DA2-BCCA-4ECBD3117B51 (resized).jpeg
#20404 2 years ago

It was telling how Robert spoke to the "deep six" in the videos. Had this whole song and dance where he explains pinball concepts they'd obviously know about. Tells me he's been slinging that crap to investors for a long time.

Chris is right more than he's wrong. I think some are jealous he gets scoops and they don't. He knew Spooky's next title while Pinside was still yammering about He-Man and Scooby-Doo.

#20405 2 years ago
Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:

See you guys next week.
[quoted image]

You got a lot of growing up to do... Way out of line, way out of line!

#20406 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It was telling how Robert spoke to the "deep six" in the videos. Had this whole song and dance where he explains pinball concepts they'd obviously know about. Tells me he's been slinging that crap to investors for a long time.
Chris is right more than he's wrong. I think some are jealous he gets scoops and they don't. He knew Spooky's next title while Pinside was still yammering about He-Man and Scooby-Doo.

That's some tall glass of kool aid. Muse alert? Jpop is to Robert as Kaneda is to Ben?

#20407 2 years ago
Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:

See you guys next week.
[quoted image]

Great movie!

#20408 2 years ago

n/m was already covered.

#20409 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Texas is employment at will. They can drop him like a hot potato at any time. No need to justify a termination - just avoid claims of discrimination.

Tsk tsk tsk. IMO, You are underestimating the unearned self-confidence of RM. If Robert’s agreement with Jpop is half as short-sighted as some of the other employment agreements I was shown by other employees…he can’t drop Jpop. For being a lawyer…the man can’t write an employment agreement that protects his own company’s interests fer shiz. Collects employees like trophies and promises the world to get them to sign.

He started the company from nothing. With zero personal experience in this field. I imagine he made agreements and guarantees to key people to ensure their involvement until the units were built and shipped and beyond.That’s how he thinks….IMO.

#20410 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Well the pro video crew wasn’t there for pinside viewers

Quoted from benheck:

Being told things isn’t nearly as hard as actually going out and finding things. I’m sure most of his leads are from people who tell for their own selfish reasons because they know what he’ll do with it.

#20411 2 years ago

Last December RM promised buyers games around six weeks into this year. I thought at the time that either:

1. He knows there is no way they can deliver on that schedule and is just saying anything to get deposits, or

2. Actually believes he can ship in a few weeks without parts and without an assembly line.

I thought to myself, either way this does not look good.

I’m curious what others pinsiders thought, 1 or 2?

#20412 2 years ago

Stopping by as this had over 160 new posts ...
And well, still nothing.........

#20413 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Stopping by as this had over 160 new posts ...
And well, still nothing.........

Exactly - nothing. Right on schedule.

#20414 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I went back and watched the videos where he was demoing to the six and was blown away by how little was actually said. “Oh we have an amazing one man solution to standing up a pinball but we are saving it for expo”. “I threw my back out this one time”. Etc. it was very little substance and he just rambled on and on. It was terrible.

Quoted from benheck:

Chris is right more than he's wrong. I think some are jealous he gets scoops and they don't.

Nah, I just hate the guy. He tried to ruin NYCPC women’s event and threw a drink in Tim Sextons face. Fuck that poser, he’s an asshole and isn’t really interested in pinball as much as he’s interested in getting attention focused on himself.

#20415 2 years ago

This Kaneda guy sounds controversial. Who knew

#20416 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Last December RM promised buyers games around six weeks into this year. I thought at the time that either:
1. He knows there is no way they can deliver on that schedule and is just saying anything to get deposits, or
2. Actually believes he can ship in a few weeks without parts and without an assembly line.
I thought to myself, either way this does not look good.
I’m curious what others pinsiders thought, 1 or 2?

3. Its been YEARS since I thought dr was serious. The minute they gave jpoop a lifeline, was the minute I knew it wasnt going to happen. So whatever that date was!

#20417 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Tsk tsk tsk. IMO, You are underestimating the unearned self-confidence of RM. If Robert’s agreement with Jpop is half as short-sighted as some of the other employment agreements I was shown by other employees…he can’t drop Jpop. For being a lawyer…the man can’t write an employment agreement that protects his own company’s interests fer shiz.

Considering Robert's unadulterated obsession with JPOP the contract is probably TWICE as shortsighted!

Hm. This might explain a lot. The 4 cars in the lot. The homeless shelter food bank photo of the geezer crew eating lunch. The PPP loan to cover salary after the money is gone.

#20418 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I went back and watched the videos where he was demoing to the six and was blown away by how little was actually said. “Oh we have an amazing one man solution to standing up a pinball but we are saving it for expo”. “I threw my back out this one time”. Etc. it was very little substance and he just rambled on and on. It was terrible.

Nah, I just hate the guy. He tried to ruin NYCPC women’s event and threw a drink in Tim Sextons face. Fuck that poser, he’s an asshole and isn’t really interested in pinball as much as he’s interested in getting attention focused on himself.

His podcast is all flash, no substance. Entertaining if you listen to one or two episodes, and then you realize just ear candy and a waste of time after that.

#20419 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Being told things isn’t nearly as hard as actually going out and finding things. I’m sure most of his leads are from people who tell for their own selfish reasons because they know what he’ll do with it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#20420 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Considering Robert's unadulterated obsession with JPOP the contract is probably TWICE as shortsighted!
Hm. This might explain a lot. The 4 cars in the lot. The homeless shelter food bank photo of the geezer crew eating lunch. The PPP loan to cover salary after the money is gone.

I think what we forget is that everyone has a role on this planet. JPOP and even DR may just be fulfilling their role here, making us all aware of how substance actually matters (even if there are still holdouts in the other thread). I think the only thing surprising here is that JPOP got to run the same show three times in a row and there were still new viewers left willing to tune in.

#20421 2 years ago

From this point forward, I think JPop could make more money impersonating Tiny Tim or Weird Al Yankovic rather than trying his Zidware scam a (what would it be?) fifth? forth? sixth time?

#20422 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Also. Dollars to dumuts. That guy bleaches his anus.

#20423 2 years ago

Kaneda is alright once in a while, and will bring up good points, but more often than not he just becomes extremely exhausting to listen to. He gets so fixated on things ad nauseam.

#20424 2 years ago

Back on topic.

zzzzzzzzUntitled 1 (resized).pngzzzzzzzzUntitled 1 (resized).png
#20425 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

From this point forward, I think JPop could make more money impersonating Tiny Tim or Weird Al Yankovic rather than trying his Zidware scam a (what would it be?) fifth? forth? sixth time?

I think you may have came up with Jpops next game, Zombie Tiny Tim vs Zombie Weird Al Yankovic. You need to build up each fighter by eating up characters like Magic girl, Houdini, and Retro Atomic Zombies to get ready for the big pay per view fight. Final wizard mode is Jpop taking all the pay per view money (with no fight or game). But mock up artwork is nice.....

#20426 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Robert's unadulterated obsession with JPOP.

Hes not the only one

#20427 2 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Hes not the only one

Context much?

#20428 2 years ago

Will Robert blame Pinside when they finally throw in the towel?

#20429 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Will Robert blame Pinside when they finally throw in the towel?

Blame will likely be cast anywhere and everywhere that any negative sentiment came from.

Although the pandemic and supplier issues would be an easy one to lean into. However, if he waits too long, the ticking clock might run out on that being believable to investors.

#20430 2 years ago

Update is that DR is still noodling.

#20431 2 years ago

Is it still week of the 19th over there?

#20432 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is it still week of the 19th over there?

It's a leap week.

#20433 2 years ago

Being used to leak stuff isn’t getting scoops… it’s being used

#20434 2 years ago

In my observation, those who know don't say.

#20435 2 years ago

Lawsuits for everyone. Group slander charges. Just hand over your money now. Bobby will see you all in court. That is all.

#20436 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Lawsuits for everyone. Group slander charges. Just hand over your money now. Bobby will see you all in court. That is all.

That’s how they plan to stay in business. It’s our fault that they ate failing.

#20437 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

In my observation, those who know don't say.

Certainly there are exceptions but in general I don't believe that to be true. Not in my experience or study of life.
People love to talk especially people in the know. Political leaks, TMZ, gossip rags, insider trading... Sterns next game or even a friend of a friend having an affair.

"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead"
Benjamin Franklin

#20438 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Political leaks, TMZ, gossip rags, insider trading... Sterns next game or even a friend of a friend having an affair.
"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead"
Benjamin Franklin

I think that Benjamin Franklin is right when it comes to gossip and routine information.

In contrast, with respect to intrinsically valuable information, the kind which requires forethought and wisdom, I find some truth in the old adage: Those who know don't tell whereas those who tell don't know (e.g. "Pinball is easy").

#20439 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I think that Benjamin Franklin is right when it comes to gossip and routine information.
In contrast, with respect to intrinsically valuable information, the kind which requires forethought and wisdom, I find some truth in the old adage: Those who know don't tell whereas those who tell don't know (e.g. "Pinball is easy").

Yep. Plus I went off topic.

#20440 2 years ago

Do you think when Robert has investors in the building for a pitch, he sets the wifi to block websites like TWIP reporting Spooky sells nearly two thousand units within a day of going on sale?

#20441 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Do you think when Robert has investors in the building for a pitch, he sets the wifi to block websites like TWIP reporting Spooky sells nearly two thousand units within a day of going on sale?

No, he says, "See the potential!" they are a small family run shop, we can sell 10X that! Buy dr now, with confidence!

#20442 2 years ago

Investors in the building would be wondering about the yellow crime scene tape and the chalk outline of a pinball machine on the floor.

#20443 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No, he says, "See the potential!" they are a small family run shop, we can sell 10X that! Buy dr now, with confidence!

"We're got the Rembrandt of Pinball!" camera pans to a boomer sipping his 10th Starbucks of the day

#20444 2 years ago

In all seriousness, does anyone have any inside info on what is, or isn't, happening at deeproot?

I mean the fact that they have fully and completely missed another self-imposed timeline can't be a good sign. At this point, it's so laughable it's gone all the way to sad frankly.

And I'd love to get the final goodbye notice, I hate not knowing if they're really dead or not.

#20445 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

In all seriousness, does anyone have any inside info on what is, or isn't, happening at deeproot?
I mean the fact that they have fully and completely missed another self-imposed timeline can't be a good sign. At this point, it's so laughable it's gone all the way to sad frankly.
And I'd love to get the final goodbye notice, I hate not knowing if they're really dead or not.

It's like The Sixth Sense. They're dead whether they know it or not.

#20446 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

No inside info. But I can tell you what they aren't doing at Deeproot, which is the same thing they haven't been doing all along; building pinball machines. At this point it's obvious that DR is Zidware 2.0- a company that never had any intention of manufacturing games.

What remains unclear is why they took preorder money and how they wasted so much over the years. Oh yeah and how did people fall for the last minute customization of every game? lol imagine Stern stopping their line to call someone and ask which color rubbers they want. What if they don't answer their phone? Like literally everything top to bottom with DR, it makes zero sense and never has.

#20447 2 years ago

What is the status of the hammer tested t-shirts? Who won the slogan contest?

#20448 2 years ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

No inside info. But I can tell you what they aren't doing at Deeproot, which is the same thing they haven't been doing all along; building pinball machines. At this point it's obvious that DR is Zidware 2.0- a company that never had any intention of manufacturing games.
What remains unclear is why they took preorder money and how they wasted so much over the years. Oh yeah and how did people fall for the last minute customization of every game? lol imagine Stern stopping their line to call someone and ask which color rubbers they want. What if they don't answer their phone? Like literally everything top to bottom with DR, it makes zero sense and never has.

The answer to ALL these questions is the same - JPOP.

#20449 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I mean the fact that they have fully and completely missed another self-imposed timeline can't be a good sign.

This most recent deadline was only to update people. They could have said anything and spun it any way they wanted. And yet it was completely missed... again.

#20450 2 years ago

Update : No games built .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 409 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/409?hl=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.