View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 407 of 672.
#20301 2 years ago

And right next to the corn - Whoa Nellie those are Big Juicy Mellons !

#20302 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Original deadline of game availability? June 30,2019.
Yes... Deeproot has now missed their deadline by LONGER than they even gave themselves to ship their first games. They gave themselves basically a 18month deadline in the second open goodwill offer. That deadline was over 2 years ago now. Deadline... not target ship.. their contractual 'do or die' date.
And remember... they were gonna ship 'multiple' titles by that date too... And here we are, 3.5 years later still waiting on ANY game.
RM's own words are his most entertaining
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/exclusive-interview-deeproot-next-misadventure-pinball-revolution/

Even more humorous... remember when Deeproot offered to bail out customers of Pinball Bros and Dutch Pinball? Two groups that basically went all the way to zero... and in the time RM has been burning millions BOTH companies have self-funded enough to actually be shipping games.. while deeproot has shipped nothing in the same time period... with no ETA either.

Doesn't look good - never did.

#20303 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

And right next to the corn - Whoa Nellie those are Big Juicy Mellons !

I was thinking about what the equivalent of WNBJM would be if a sexualized man was on it and I got the lyric "slob on my knob like corn on the cob" stuck in my head

All this produce talk and bad pinball themes discussion are doing a number to my mind grapes...

#20304 2 years ago

Might as well talk about produce, there are no games to talk about, and it's looking much more likely that soon there never will be.

Hey - when will we hear about this weeks update ?

#20305 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Might as well talk about produce, there are no games to talk about, and it's looking much more likely that soon there never will be.
Hey - when will we hear about this weeks update ?

The go to PR move is to always dump bad news on a Friday at 4:59

#20306 2 years ago

Might not get the awaited update this time ...

Maybe in a couple weeks Ice might see a whole new group of vehicles in the Parking Lot - maybe some New Tenants ?

#20307 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Doesn't look good - never did.

Stop being a miserable vitriol-spewing hater!!

#20308 2 years ago

Sorry - it's just looking worse and worse. Kinda sounds like they might have vacated the building from what Ice reported - and afterall he is more aligned with the rainbow and unicorns group.

But would the worst case scenario really be a big surprise at this juncture after all this time and failed company hyperbole.

On a lighter note we can talk about Produce !

( Deep Root should have had a game called Vegetable Farm ! )

#20309 2 years ago

We all wanted a game but instead they just kept dangling the carrot - you know - the deep root vegetable ...

#20310 2 years ago

Among the unrivaled litany of funny dumb things about deeproot, I just realized one that somehow has slipped by for ridicule thus far: Food Truck.

Not the game, but the title. Theme is bad enough to begin with, but maybe spend an hour trying to come up with a more appealing name for it?

I know there are some original theme games from back in the day that had similar dull names (Junkyard, Diner, Taxi). But that was a long time ago and those titles and manufacturers had way more going for them than does good old DR.

Renaming some other modern original theme pins, deeproot style (https://pinside.com/pinball/machine):

Mermaids

Highland Games (possibly an improvement)

Vikings

Castle

Carnival

Monster Band

Oktoberfest

Mafia

Nuclear Reactor

Phone City

Spaceship

Greek Mythology

Motorcycles

Ghosts

Boobs

#20311 2 years ago

I love how Oktoberfest is still Oktoberfest.

#20312 2 years ago

I don’t think Food Truck is a terrible name (so-so for an original theme). You know exactly what it is, although it’s not that appealing.

But maybe something like Food Fight would be better? Foodie Road Rage? Fast Food? (Even worse name if you think a game should be about fantasy fulfillment)

Also agreed. Highland Games is a better name than Celts, because that’s what the game is about.

Oktoberfest could be Beer Fest.

Dialed In really should have been Disaster City.

#20313 2 years ago

Elvira's Bordello of Boobs

#20314 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Might not get the awaited update this time ...
Maybe in a couple weeks Ice might see a whole new group of vehicles in the Parking Lot - maybe some New Tenants ?

On the other hand, maybe he finally furloughed people until parts show up so he’s not continuing to blow salary watching Jpop dream big and sip star bucks. Only blowing thousands on rent then

#20315 2 years ago

Also while going down the list of names, most of them don’t tell you a clue about the game

RAZA - nonsense

Food Truck - generic, but ok. I know what it is

Title TBD - can’t believe they put this on a pitch deck. Generic space name is the easiest one to do

Fire and Brimstone - A southern evangelical is going to yell at me and remind me of the sinning I’m doing playing a game in a bar?

Gladiator - Generic but whatever. Could be better if it invoked Romans or the Coliseum.

Machine Age - nonsense

Magic Girl - it’s fine

Merlin’s Arcade - sounds like a straight to video movie from the 80s (and a bizarre concept)

The Who - it’s the name of the thing, so it gets a pass

Yukon Yeti - fun alteration and a good name for a sequel to Whitewater…but people don’t know what you’re talking about.

Alice in Wonderland - again, it’s the name of the thing

Multiplex - I assume this is about movie theaters? Terrible name. CFTBL did it right by doing a drive in theme but with recognizable branding on it

#20316 2 years ago

Maybe they moved to a smaller facility which is more apt for small scale pinball construction? 120ish games could be built in a couple 15x20 storage units. Not sure they would need a janitor though.

#20317 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Elvira's Bordello of Boobs

This was actually for whoa Nellie (since Elvira is a brand)

#20318 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also while going down the list of names, most of them don’t tell you a clue about the game
RAZA - nonsense
Food Truck - generic, but ok. I know what it is
Title TBD - can’t believe they put this on a pitch deck. Generic space name is the easiest one to do
Fire and Brimstone - A southern evangelical is going to yell at me and remind me of the sinning I’m doing playing a game in a bar?
Gladiator - Generic but whatever. Could be better if it invoked Romans or the Coliseum.
Machine Age - nonsense
Magic Girl - it’s fine
Merlin’s Arcade - sounds like a straight to video movie from the 80s (and a bizarre concept)
The Who - it’s the name of the thing, so it gets a pass
Yukon Yeti - fun alteration and a good name for a sequel to Whitewater…but people don’t know what you’re talking about.
Alice in Wonderland - again, it’s the name of the thing
Multiplex - I assume this is about movie theaters? Terrible name. CFTBL did it right by doing a drive in theme but with recognizable branding on it

For my money, nothing will ever top Title TBD

#20319 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I love how Oktoberfest is still Oktoberfest.

Me too

#20320 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Maybe that one is going to be Vegetable Farm !

Could be the best game of the bunch, or peck, or bushel.

#20321 2 years ago

And the game is about space pirates. Just call it Space Pirates!

Or again, random space name like Quasar Quest. That even invokes Black Hole which it’s an allegedly sequel to

#20322 2 years ago

Vegetable Farm sitting next to Food Truck would be great. I'd be in for two Deposits ! Take my money.

#20323 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Vegetable Farm sitting next to Food Truck would be great. I'd be in for two Deposits ! Take my money.

Maybe once the PPP money dries up they can get some farm subsidies

#20324 2 years ago

I wonder if you could bequest the games in your will so your heirs get them when they are finally built ?

Sorta like season tickets for Green Bay Packer games - that's done all the time in Wisconsin...

Might be an option for RAZA preorder folks

#20325 2 years ago

Among the unrivaled litany of funny dumb things about deeproot, I just realized one that somehow has slipped by for ridicule thus far: Boobs

You sonuvabitch , I’m in !

#20326 2 years ago

Food truck should have been "Roach Coach"

#20327 2 years ago

Remember when Kaneda was right about Kevin Skat B and the piles of skulls on his mom's kitchen counter?

He was right about deeproot too. The games were a pitch deck (very obvious to an ad guy like Chris) the big reveal was an investment pitch. Guessing nobody took a swing at that foul ball...

Strike 10 JPOP. You're out.

#20328 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Remember when Kaneda was right about Kevin Skat B and the piles of skulls on his mom's kitchen counter?
He was right about deeproot too. The games were a pitch deck (very obvious to an ad guy like Chris) the big reveal was an investment pitch. Guessing nobody took a swing at that foul ball...

Remember when Kaneda would interview Robert and pump up deeproot between interviews to stay in his good graces?

Not saying Kaneda hasn't been calling out deeproot for sometime (he has). Just saying don't rewrite history to make him into a gen 1 fraud spotter.

#20329 2 years ago

Remember when Kaneda would interview Robert and pump up deeproot between interviews to stay in his good graces?
Not saying Kaneda hasn't been calling out deeproot for sometime (he has). Just saying don't rewrite history to make him into a gen 1 fraud spotter.

This did happen! Almost to the point that I thought he was on the payroll. But oh how things change.

#20330 2 years ago

If we're going to list the things kaneda was right about, shouldn't we consider all the things he's been wrong about? Who has that kind of time?

#20331 2 years ago
Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:If we're going to list the things kaneda was right about, shouldn't we consider all the things he's been wrong about? Who has that kind of time?

The fact that we found someone so bad, we are praising Special K. says so much about dr.

This saga just gives, over and over.

#20332 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Maybe that one is going to be Vegetable Farm !
Could be the best game of the bunch, or peck, or bushel.

When I see Vegetable Farm suggested in jest as a game title, I immediately think of Orwell's Animal Farm. I imagine a niche pinball manufacturer creating unconventional titles like Lord of the Flies, Animal Farm or Catcher in the Rye.

These and other classic novels of the forties and fifties have been on every high school syllabus for decades. No, they don't contain obvious paths to implement. But, the characters, like many other literary creations, are compelling and universal in their appeal to the human condition.

Indeed, pinball springs largely from the angst, alienation and ambitions of teenage boys. What better protagonist exists to exemplify that paradigm than Holden Caulfield?

Of course, the Salinger estate would never allow such a use. Animal Farm > Food Truck.

#20333 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

When I see Vegetable Farm suggested in jest as a game title, I immediately think of Orwell's Animal Farm. I imagine a niche pinball manufacturer creating unconventional titles like Lord of the Flies, Animal Farm or Catcher in the Rye.
These and other classic novels of the forties and fifties have been on every high school syllabus for decades. No, they don't contain obvious paths to implement. But, the characters, like many other literary creations, are compelling and universal in their appeal to the human condition.
Indeed, pinball springs largely from the angst, alienation and ambitions of teenage boys. What better protagonist exists to exemplify that paradigm than Holden Caulfield?
Of course, the Salinger estate would never allow such a use. Animal Farm > Food Truck.

Funny you bring up Orwell. In the other thread, they have changed the meaning of "Toxic" to mean facts and actual quotations..

#20334 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Lol

#20335 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

It's got Animal in the name. Lol. Most people don't even remember this game.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#20336 2 years ago

He gets super excited every time for the next shinny rare limited collector thingy he may be able to buy
I like his show and his point of view most of the time, but the guy bought a flashing box lights with a Magic Girl logo for $15k so he could brag about it.

#20337 2 years ago

There was a period of time when K's show was Robert's primary vehicle and Robert would always reference his interviews there. And then something changed, and K wasn't included as a VIP.

#20338 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There was a period of time when K's show was Robert's primary vehicle and Robert would always reference his interviews there. And then something changed, and K wasn't included as a VIP.

about the only person kaneda hasnt pissed off is spooky and ben.. or are they just being cordial? im sure he did something to piss them off too but they're too nice.

#20339 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Update: 4 for a dollar. Ay caramba, these are hot hot hot prices!
[quoted image]

ayyyy woodmans!

#20340 2 years ago

The pitch deck callout IS important. And that's when Chris started changing his tune.

What other pin company announces their next 7 titles? It's always one at a time.

Robert was CLEARLY fishing for either more funding or a buyout. That's why the deep six saw no production - because it's very likely it was NEVER PART OF THE PLAN.

Zidware 2.0. Make a bunch of shinys, hope someone buys you out before you have to build them.

#20341 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

about the only person kaneda hasnt pissed off is spooky and ben.. or are they just being cordial? im sure he did something to piss them off too but they're too nice.

Or they're all working together. I stopped listening a while ago but k's enthusiasm for spooky and spooky alone was... Odd.

#20342 2 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

It's got Animal in the name. Lol. Most people don't even remember this game.
[quoted image]

Was that going to be a Nordman game? He has a thing for frat parties and boobs for his games.

#20343 2 years ago

I think Chris has gone "all in" on Spooky love because Mirco ruined his G&R dreams with their playfields.

Chris has miffed me in the past. But he's usually pretty respectful about what he will and won't divulge.

#20344 2 years ago

It's gonna be ugly when Chris turns on Spooky.

#20345 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What other pin company announces their next 7 titles? It's always one at a time.
Robert was CLEARING fishing for either more funding or a buyout. That's why the deep six saw no production - because it's very likely it was NEVER PART OF THE PLAN.
Zidware 2.0. Make a bunch of shinys, hope someone buys you out before you have to build them.

At this date it appears to bear out that this could be quite accurate. No Production then. No Production now. Closer to being toast if not toast already.

#20346 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's gonna be ugly when Chris turns on Spooky.

Given his track record, it certainly feels like a "when" and not an "if." I would keep my distance if I were spooky. There's a reason that everyone else in the industry won't touch the "number 1 pinball podcast."

#20347 2 years ago

Did anyone who is owed a game bother following up with an email this week asking for an update?

#20348 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Did anyone who is owed a game bother following up with an email this week asking for an update?

At what point is it Schrodinger's Cat situation? Ignorance is bliss. Would you really want to know if the cat is dead?

#20349 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Wrong thread.

#20350 2 years ago

So what's the over-under on deeproot actually giving an update by the end of the day?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 407 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/407?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.