Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 406 of 672.
#20252 2 years ago

I have a DR account and received a password reset notification which wasn’t triggered by me.

#20253 2 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

I have a DR account and received a password reset notification which wasn’t triggered by me.

Got it

#20254 2 years ago

Still my favorite

Screenshot_20210721-082659 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210721-082659 (resized).png
#20255 2 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

That's messed up and certainly crosses a line

#20256 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I found the Deeproot parking lot attendant. He's owed $6,069.79 in store credit.

He was told he has to pay for his own machine. He can only use the store credit for DLC.

#20257 2 years ago
Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:

No posts for nearly an hour... Did you guys run out of ways to talk about nothing?

Nah, many of us are in threads, that pertain to games that have been announced and will be built. You must be bored, waiting for ANYTHING from dr that resembles good news. I bet RM is crying in his pillows seeing a pin, AMH, with a $50,000 budget outsell RAZA. Not to mention 1750 pins selling like hot cakes. While RM and dr still have nothing. Lets discuss

I do like to visit here though, its a hilarious stroll down memory lane.

#20258 2 years ago

RM "Ben Heck built AMH in a CAVE! With a box of SCRAPS!"

JPOP "Well... I'm not Ben Heck"

#20259 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

RM "Ben Heck built AMH in a CAVE! With a box of SCRAPS!"
JPOP "Well... I'm not Ben Heck"

ironman_derproot (resized).pngironman_derproot (resized).png
#20260 2 years ago

Here is a serious thought of a missed chance to have jump started Deep Root from day 1. They should of talked with the Gottlieb LLC rights holders & done a deal. They would of had access to all that knowledge & a serious base to build games. They could of used the best parts & ideas of the past. Throw in some of their new ideas minus the pinbar. That would of generated many parts that could also be sold also. You would think that a buy in of maybe $500k - $1 million would of got them the rights to all Gottlieb era stuff to work with. Could of been manufacturing games in mass in 6 - 12 months. Everyone has seen traditional line manufacturing, & sub assembly stations. Along with the numerous suppliers of parts to make pinball machines. But if you have no game plan you can see how this has turned into a fiasco!
Even 1 person or a small core group of people can manufacture pinball machines. Everyone has seen the winners & losers of small production over the years. Many failures are from lack of cash, just think what others could of done with the Deep Root burn rate. If anything is going to happen this is the final quarter this year. Robert should have a plan in place this month, or get ready for the end play. Write it all of for years towards the investment fund.

#20263 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Still my favorite[quoted image]

Nothing like being modest. I bet he has a man bun.
His score on RAZA rocks, seeing as he's one of 50 people in the world who's ever played it....

#20264 2 years ago
q1Kd3fd.gifq1Kd3fd.gif
#20265 2 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:Nothing like being modest. I bet he has a man bun.
His score on RAZA rocks, seeing as he's one of 50 people in the world who's ever played it....

I have a man bun, fite me. But I did already explain that I was an asshole so I guess it makes sense.

#20266 2 years ago

I wonder if most of this thread wouldn't exist had Robert not declared "pinball is easy". The moment he said it it was on him to prove it. Of course this is the result.

#20267 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I wonder if most of this thread wouldn't exist had Robert not declared "pinball is easy". The moment he said it it was on him to prove it. Of course this is the result.

A lot of this certainly has to do with all the dumb bragging and flat out lies and things that make no sense that Robert tried to spout for years. That and the hiring of Jpop. I think those 2 factors alone are a huge source of the heat. Remember the heat AP got when we found out they hired Jpop? Wild times.

#20268 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It was the overall attitude behind the quote, combined with the complete inability to back it up.
MealyPiercingEgret-size_restricted.gifMealyPiercingEgret-size_restricted.gif

#20269 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Nah, the BS Meter was pegged on all the other non-sense... like the initial settlement offer given to people. I mean, just turn back the clock to look at posts like this where Robert was trying to debunk me saying I missed the message. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/9#post-4219290

It was all boasting and manipulative behavior in their attack from the start... maybe others didn't want to see it at the time, but the tells were all there.

#20270 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

like the initial settlement offer given to people.

Out of curiosity, could someone tell me what date the original Goodwill offer was supposed to have funded? I know they extended it multiple different times but I'm looking for the original date.
I'd look it up but my very prestigious lawyer has all of my paperwork.

#20271 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Nah, the BS Meter was pegged on all the other non-sense... like the initial settlement offer given to people. I mean, just turn back the clock to look at posts like this where Robert was trying to debunk me saying I missed the message. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/9#post-4219290
It was all boasting and manipulative behavior in their attack from the start... maybe others didn't want to see it at the time, but the tells were all there.

Wow, your post was made 3 1/2 years ago already. And it was completely accurate.

#20272 2 years ago

Don't worry guys, Robert's latest business venture is already up and running!

I hear Jpop's pulling down 125k (plus dental) to run the stand.

PXL_20210722_145543956~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20210722_145543956~2 (resized).jpg
#20273 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

[quoted image]

Corn is easy. Quad harvesting.

#20274 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Rarehero:

Corn is easy. Quad harvesting.

#20275 2 years ago

Well, I can't unsee that. RIP my eyes.

#20276 2 years ago

They used to make ethanol from corn, but you've upgraded to nightmare fuel.

#20277 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

[quoted image]

I wish I could find local corn for $5 for 12

#20278 2 years ago

I m hving diflcuty seeeng ur typimg avtur luoking et thet... wtf? Nxt tume warm us befur melteng mi retinas

#20279 2 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

3 for a dollar at Woodman's when it's in season. Not sure how local it is, but looks & tastes farm fresh to me.

Deerpoot thread delivers! Sure, grocery tips instead of games, but that's nitpicking.

#20280 2 years ago

here we go again - I can see we're headed for Food truck

#20281 2 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

JPop will deliver it to your home and help you cook it; EZPZ

#20282 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

JPop will deliver it to your home, at no additional cost EZPZ

He'll also assemble the meal in your kitchen if you win a raffle (or for $1,000 if not)

#20283 2 years ago

So what's the over/under odds on an Update from Root this week to members of the Vegetable Club ?

#20284 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

So what's the over/under odds on an Update from Root this week to members of the Vegetable Club ?

#20285 2 years ago

I'm about to go to a food truck for lunch. There's a small park nearby where a dozen of them congregate on Thursdays.

It's for research! I'll see how many youths are enjoying artisan snow cones, gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, and sushi burritos.

#20286 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm about to go to a food truck for lunch. There's a small park nearby where a dozen of them congregate on Thursdays.
It's for research! I'll see how many youths are enjoying artisan snow cones, gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, and sushi burritos.

Please ask the youths how much they'd be willing to spend on a food truck themed pinball machine. Also ask which pinball machine they'd be most interested in playing: Mandolorian, Avengers, Food Truck, Jurassic Park

#20287 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow, your post was made 3 1/2 years ago already. And it was completely accurate.

Ill give Makkaka credit, he's been in dr's corner since day one. Hes the lone downvote in Flynns initial analysis.

But he lives by the moons and tides and stuff, so there us that.

#20288 2 years ago

That’s innovative.

#20289 2 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

We get it for $4 woot.

#20290 2 years ago

my 1st post ever in this thread! #20290:

IN BEFORE THE LOCK!

#20291 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

my 1st post ever in this thread! #20290:
IN BEFORE THE LOCK!

There is no factory. There can be no lock.

#20292 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Please ask the youths how much they'd be willing to spend on a food truck themed pinball machine. Also ask which pinball machine they'd be most interested in playing: Mandolorian, Avengers, Food Truck, Jurassic Park

I put the most popular answers on the board, survey says

thefeud.pngthefeud.png

TBH I don't think everyone understood the question. Also there was a busker playing bagpipes? I think Celts would have done really well if it was on the survey...

#20293 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

here we go again - I can see we're headed for Food truck

Did someone say food truck?

221366441_180619970785769_7076523838051380104_n (resized).png221366441_180619970785769_7076523838051380104_n (resized).png
#20294 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ill give Makkaka credit, he's been in dr's corner since day one. Hes the lone downvote in Flynns initial analysis.
But he lives by the moons and tides and stuff, so there us that.

The fact he has been in DR's corner is probably the biggest red flag of all that the company is no good

#20295 2 years ago

Pinball is easy. Writing emails is hard.

#20296 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

3 for a dollar at Woodman's when it's in season. Not sure how local it is, but looks & tastes farm fresh to me.
Deerpoot thread delivers! Sure, grocery tips instead of games, but that's nitpicking.

Cool. I love Woodman's! Always stop there when I go to Wisconsin to stock up on New Glarus and cheeses.

#20297 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Out of curiosity, could someone tell me what date the original Goodwill offer was supposed to have funded? I know they extended it multiple different times but I'm looking for the original date.
I'd look it up but my very prestigious lawyer has all of my paperwork.

Original deadline of game availability? June 30,2019.

Yes... Deeproot has now missed their deadline by LONGER than they even gave themselves to ship their first games. They gave themselves basically a 18month deadline in the second open goodwill offer. That deadline was over 2 years ago now. Deadline... not target ship.. their contractual 'do or die' date.

And remember... they were gonna ship 'multiple' titles by that date too... And here we are, 3.5 years later still waiting on ANY game.

RM's own words are his most entertaining
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/exclusive-interview-deeproot-next-misadventure-pinball-revolution/

dr: There is ample evidence of the amount of drama that this industry experienced over recent years. It is hard to believe that any current participant in this industry would be able to thrive in a more mature or competitive industry. I’ve built businesses and competed in multiple industries much more crowded and cutthroat than the pinball industry. That’s what makes doing pinball so easy for us.

TWIP: Do you still plan to not take ANY preorder money from customers?
dr: I think we were very clear that that will never happen.

Even more humorous... remember when Deeproot offered to bail out customers of Pinball Bros and Dutch Pinball? Two groups that basically went all the way to zero... and in the time RM has been burning millions BOTH companies have self-funded enough to actually be shipping games.. while deeproot has shipped nothing in the same time period... with no ETA either.

#20298 2 years ago

robert never lied, pinball IS easy. its a steel ball about an inch big, stock item. now building pinball machine IS hard.

#20299 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Original deadline of game availability? June 30,2019.
Yes... Deeproot has now missed their deadline by LONGER than they even gave themselves to ship their first games. They gave themselves basically a 18month deadline in the second open goodwill offer. That deadline was over 2 years ago now. Deadline... not target ship.. their contractual 'do or die' date.
And remember... they were gonna ship 'multiple' titles by that date too... And here we are, 3.5 years later still waiting on ANY game.
RM's own words are his most entertaining
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/exclusive-interview-deeproot-next-misadventure-pinball-revolution/

Even more humorous... remember when Deeproot offered to bail out customers of Pinball Bros and Dutch Pinball? Two groups that basically went all the way to zero... and in the time RM has been burning millions BOTH companies have self-funded enough to actually be shipping games.. while deeproot has shipped nothing in the same time period... with no ETA either.

We are no longer saying ETA. Its ETD. Estimated Time of Death. And that is soon.

#20300 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

3 for a dollar at Woodman's when it's in season.

Update: 4 for a dollar. Ay caramba, these are hot hot hot prices!
7A05165C-0452-43C1-B61D-A5F4D95E75D4 (resized).jpeg7A05165C-0452-43C1-B61D-A5F4D95E75D4 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 406 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/406 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.