Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 405 of 672.
#20201 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Does PPP cover a business who can not pay their employees because of COVID induced parts shortage? (which results in line layoffs)
Don't you have to retain all employees at the end of the period to be eligible for forgiveness?
Is the location of said business considered when granting the loan, ie Texas (barely closed) vs CA? (barely open)

Location doesn’t matter.

Here is a good summary of new PPP rules Ben

https://www.fundingcircle.com/us/resources/3-essential-ppp-loan-forgiveness-rules-to-follow/

Note that YES you must maintain headcount for forgiveness.

However, if you can’t do that and can’t repay the loan then bankruptcy is in the cards and it doesn’t matter

#20202 2 years ago

Jeeze, so many more pages. All still spooge?

#20203 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

The pinball industry is in a all time high & likely will see more expansion. More games from more sources would be a good guess. People can read into what I am saying, & I will not explain anymore of what I know. I might have been a small player in the pinball glass & playfield production. But it has been known by many in the industry of what I have been up to. My personal opinion is there is still hope for Deep Root to do something positive! Pinball production is very hard & hopefully people have learned from all the failures big & small over the last 40 years.

Go on...

#20204 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

...They may have other shop equipment like a CNC to route cabinets and playfields...

CNC machine: Ordered! Free shipping too.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#20205 2 years ago

If the building is for sale, why doesn’t Ice call and make a appointment to view it, and see if it fits his needs?

#20206 2 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

If the building is for sale, why doesn’t Ice call and make a appointment to view it, and see if it fits his needs?

It may not be big enough for his ego

#20207 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Location doesn’t matter.
Here is a good summary of new PPP rules Ben
https://www.fundingcircle.com/us/resources/3-essential-ppp-loan-forgiveness-rules-to-follow/
Note that YES you must maintain headcount for forgiveness.
However, if you can’t do that and can’t repay the loan then bankruptcy is in the cards and it doesn’t matter

@ice44. If your ever in denver I would love to shot the shit with ya. There is a lot of cross over in our lives. Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown is in October. I don't always agree with you but that ok. That's what makes the world go round.

#20208 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

@ice44. If your ever in denver I would love to shot the shit with ya. There is a lot of cross over in our lives. Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown is in October. I don't always agree with you but that ok. That's what makes the world go round.

If nothing else let's get hammered and play pins. That's the point right.

#20209 2 years ago

Wow @ice44 blocking people who extend an olive branch. The last person I saw do that was Trump.

#20210 2 years ago

Keep in mind world there are more bad lawyers than good. Ask most nba players who are working at Starbucks

#20211 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Holy hell. You know more about my ancestry than I do!
And yes, we were Heckenthornes before Ellis Island "Americanized" it.
Anyway. Deeproot still sucks.

Don't invoke Hebrew ok do. My kids B Mitvah is this weekend

#20212 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

nba players who are working at Starbucks

Name two.

#20213 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Wow @ice44 blocking people who extend an olive branch. The last person I saw do that was Trump.

Wow the down votes. Love the dueche bag loving blood sucking attorneys. Get over it.

#20214 2 years ago

Vince Carter is 1. He made over a 100mill. Go suck on that. It takes no more than that.

#20215 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Vince Carter is 1. He made over a 100mill. Go suck on that. It takes no more than that.

Lawyers bad investments etc. There are more ex pro athletes that fall into this category than we know.
I don't want to digress from this thread. RM is still a POS

#20216 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

CNC machine: Ordered! Free shipping too.[quoted image]

ants.gifants.gif
#20217 2 years ago

Vin Baker not Vince Carter.

#20218 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Keep in mind world there are more bad lawyers than good. Ask most nba players who are working at Starbucks

Any excuse for a GIF.

AD7193A6-F5FE-4C88-94C7-D7462F7BEDA1.gifAD7193A6-F5FE-4C88-94C7-D7462F7BEDA1.gif

#20219 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Does PPP cover a business who can not pay their employees because of COVID induced parts shortage? (which results in line layoffs)
Don't you have to retain all employees at the end of the period to be eligible for forgiveness?
Is the location of said business considered when granting the loan, ie Texas (barely closed) vs CA? (barely open)

PPP bakes all of those assumptions in. Not location specific, worst case scenario you can’t get customers / product / materials - that is exactly the scenario the PPP loan is supposed to cover. Loan forgiveness may come into question if you are not paying your people, as that is specifically what the loan is supposed to be for.

#20220 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What is there of value to buy?

I heard they have a couple machines in the break room

#20221 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Stiff competition, but this might be the dumbest post in pinside history. Vince Carter is not working at Starbucks you lunatic.

#20222 2 years ago

Jimmy Butler opened his own coffee shop during the NBA bubble last year.

Great player, incredibly hard worker (went from homeless as a kid to one of the top players in the league), and an entrepreneur with healthy profit margins

6CC85385-0892-4B45-A206-32510CA37CEF (resized).jpeg6CC85385-0892-4B45-A206-32510CA37CEF (resized).jpeg

#20223 2 years ago

I would remain positive for another 5 months towards Deep Root. If there is no further news of actual production taking place later this year. Than you really only have the leader to blame! Had a great team of guys dreaming up stuff that should be built. John was only part of the group, not the master.
If you are not paying your staff, or your vendors. Than you have wasted all these years & money for nothing.

#20224 2 years ago

Than you really only have the leader to blame! Had a great team of guys dreaming up stuff that should be built.

You don't think it's been long enough with so much wasted money and time that we can blame RM yet? That was the whole damn problem - he hired a team of guys dreaming stuff up that *should* be built. He didn't do the whole leader thing to hire and steer people to actually do the building of all the dreams. Instead he left john in charge, cause 'he knows pinball', most likely.

His vision of leadership involved wasting tons and tons of money upfront for years because it was going to be so simple to build and offer multiple games at a time. Sadly I expect all those concepts from designers, in whatever state their in, will probably either be trashed or end up in someones private collection as non-working whitewood concepts. If DR calls it quits, hopefully they will at least reveal what people had been working on or auction them off or something. But hey, there's always a chance I'm wrong and these games all get built too. That would blow me away though.

#20225 2 years ago

No posts for nearly an hour... Did you guys run out of ways to talk about nothing?

#20226 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Instead he left john in charge, cause 'he knows pinball', most likely.

Other then the theories of this thread how do you know this?

#20228 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

Vin Baker not Vince Carter.

Vin Baker also just won a championship ring as an assistant coach with the Bucks.

Sad that he lost his fortune to addiction, but he seems to have really turned it back around again. I think he just celebrated ten years of sobriety.

#20229 2 years ago

https://deeprootpinball.com/community/user/568
The mueller account. No scores posted....

#20230 2 years ago

Maybe he couldn't find the machine or just Too busy attending to other business at the root factory. Inspecting the line, checking quality control on games being built and such. Planning 5 days of Root. Stuff like that.

#20231 2 years ago

Wowzers. Forget a smoking gun. What we've got here is a mortar crater.

#20232 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Other then the theories of this thread how do you know this?

From theories, although some theories here have been backed up to some degree by people involved to varying degrees.. Ben knows very well how John works, the former employee that pops in from time to time, etc.

It would be ironic if RM's leadership style was identical to John's work style that he's shown for the past 8 years or so though. Most of what DR has publicly "debuted" smacked of John - with the whole homebrew section (seriously - cool idea but makes zero sense financially), grand ambitions and ideas (OK this part DOES seem to be RM as well), all the individual customization, and apparent endless tinkering/tweaking rather than Robert stepping in and saying "OK, it's been a year - this game needs to be done and shipping in 6 months".

Can't prove anything though, so yeah just thoughts and speculation.

#20233 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

If nothing else let's get hammered and play pins. That's the point right.

I’m down with that of course brother!!

#20235 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Lawyers bad investments etc. There are more ex pro athletes that fall into this category than we know.
I don't want to digress from this thread. RM is still a POS

Not sure why you are railing on me. I didn’t do or block anything? Wtf? Still having beers on me.

#20236 2 years ago

Zomg robert doesn't even play pinball!1!!ONE!!

Anyhow I wonder how secure their online systems actually are. I'm no computer scientist or security expert (I saw Hackers, does that count?). But somewhere there is a server that is talking to the pinball machine to post user scores, exchange user credentials, and such. Remember when Robert said there'd be a link on the Pinbar™ to buy a machine in one step? Good times...

I always figured the biggest delay with Stern games going online is building out the secure servers for the functionality was initially underestimated and has been a back burner project while they focus on keeping the line moving. After all, no body wants their pinball machine hacked to mine crypto and be part of a bot network.

Thinking about it, I'm surprised there hasn't been a computer/hacking theme done before. Johnny Mnemonic is sorta that, but not really. TNA has some of those vibes. Safecracker has the security system mechanics to it.

#20237 2 years ago

That seems to be the last account made too? You can go forward and back with the numbers and see some more accounts. No scores, but some accounts and even some profile pictures. Most seem like gibberish. Must still be testing all the functionality while the manufacturing side does...something

Some user accounts are just email addresses. Some with German endings? Seems like very bad privacy practices because it's not hard to pull this info. This link pulls up every user account that used their email as their user name: https://deeprootpinball.com/community/user?username=%40

#20238 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That seems to be the last account made too? You can go forward and back with the numbers and see some more accounts. No scores, but some accounts and even some profile pictures. Most seem like gibberish. Must still be testing all the functionality while the manufacturing side does...something
Some user accounts are just email addresses. Some with German endings? Seems like very bad privacy practices because it's not hard to pull this info. This link pulls up every user account that used their email as their user name: https://deeprootpinball.com/community/user?username=%40

Probably not the best setup I agree.

#20239 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

It would be ironic if RM's leadership style was identical to John's work style that he's shown for the past 8 years or so though. Most of what DR has publicly "debuted" smacked of John.

That's been a major source of my consternation. Knowing John, and knowing how much RM fawned over him, then seeing so many deeproot things that are "so John" it's clear he's either very much in control or has a lot of sway.

This is concerning as John really only works as an art director, in any other capacity he's out of his league and so slow it makes a sloth blush.

#20240 2 years ago

The pinball industry is in a all time high & likely will see more expansion. More games from more sources would be a good guess. People can read into what I am saying, & I will not explain anymore of what I know. I might have been a small player in the pinball glass & playfield production. But it has been known by many in the industry of what I have been up to. My personal opinion is there is still hope for Deep Root to do something positive! Pinball production is very hard & hopefully people have learned from all the failures big & small over the last 40 years.

Any truth to the rumbling that the "Gottlieb" name might be preparing for a triumphant return?

#20241 2 years ago

I tried to register an account, because I gotta claim xXxPinballWizard420xXx before the masses swarm the site, but I got a 500 internal server error.

#20242 2 years ago

User 1 is deeproot

They have latin
Dolorem earum vel sunt ea. Fugiat itaque et laborum officia reiciendis. Reprehenderit excepturi et molestiae deleniti voluptas sunt tenetur. Et velit quae cum maxime

translates to:

Pain to them or to them. Avoid therefore rejects responsibilities and snacks. Welcome pleasure and discomfort are bound to find quo. He wants at any particular

#20243 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

User 1 is deeproot
They have latin
Dolorem earum vel sunt ea. Fugiat itaque et laborum officia reiciendis. Reprehenderit excepturi et molestiae deleniti voluptas sunt tenetur. Et velit quae cum maxime
translates to:
Pain to them or to them. Avoid therefore rejects responsibilities and snacks. Welcome pleasure and discomfort are bound to find quo. He wants at any particular

That's lorem ipsum. It's a common filler text used in graphic design because it's mostly nonsense, but it has the appearance of normal paragraphs when designing a page before the text is final.

#20244 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That's lorem ipsum. It's a common filler text used in graphic design because it's mostly nonsense, but it has the appearance of text when designing a page before the text is final.

Figures it would be something left over. Just posting the interesting stuff I see.

Most interesting so far is one that shows store credits and has a selfie with a guy I don't recognize and JPOP:

https://deeprootpinball.com/community/user/90

#20245 2 years ago

I see JoeNewhart and Nitro Pinball have accounts. I assume they contacted dr about being distributors?

Also I found the parking lot attendant

https://deeprootpinball.com/community/user/74

Owed 6,069.79 in store credit

#20246 2 years ago

Anyone could register without making a purchase, being an employee or distributor. At least, they could before (sounds like server error currently for person who tried to sign up). Was needed to use the shop.

Anyone, fun to see folks digging into such interesting little things. Pinsiders after my own heart! I also sifted through a bunch of username stuff shortly after the transition from staging site to live.

Publicly displaying people's store credit is a new development. Yikes!

#20247 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Anyone could register without making a purchase, being an employee or distributor. At least, they could before (sounds like server error currently for person who tried to sign up). Was needed to use the shop.
Anyone, fun to see folks digging into such interesting little things. Pinsiders after my own heart! I also sifted through a bunch of username stuff shortly after the transition from staging site to live.

Oh I didn't realize they made you sign up for the site to order. I guess that make sense

Still...maybe don't let all this stuff be so accessible to chuckleheads like myself. Especially stuff like how much store credit they're owed.

#20248 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

User 1 is deeproot
They have latin
translates to:

Never reject snacks. WTF kinda rinky dink operation is this???

#20249 2 years ago

So now people are triggering password resets on accounts. Come on!

#20250 2 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

So now people are triggering password resets on accounts. Come on!

?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 405 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/405?hl=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.