Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 672.
#19951 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

When they do fart out some games I wonder how long till the inevitable maintenance threads.
Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re hiring green engineers fresh out of school to design all the components. Does anyone seriously think they’ve been running lots of testing rigs to check on the reliability? To say nothing of the low wages for the assemblers and any fabrication theyre doing in house.
Not trying to be negative and pessimistic, but come on. Every new manufacturer’s first offering and first few units of a new game has some various level of jank to them. And deeproot is trying A LOT of new complicated things, like the lift system, their own pinball controller, and the PinBar™

Maybe they are skipping the middle man and going straight to Star Trek. They have a prototype, now to build the replicator.

#19952 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Something is better than nothing for sure. But even if they would deliver RAZA's who would order from this company in the future after all this ? I think the goose is cooked either way.
As Ben says - closure is needed. Someway, somehow. Would be nice if Zidware refugees got something.

Have you seen this hobby? Even if they haven't shipped RAZA and they make a good enough marketing video of a completely new game that - let's say a theme everyone is chomping at the bit for - there'd be suckers.

#19953 2 years ago
south park 4 point plan goonies (resized).jpgsouth park 4 point plan goonies (resized).jpg
#19954 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like I said Ben, it could already be wrapped up shut down. Today was hope for you guys
Actually there was a POS truck with 3 wheels on it behind the fence in the back.

You guys seem to care a whole lot more than I do.
Let me try and put it in perspective for you once again.
1). Most of us have a very small deposit down WITH some nice credits to boot towards a game
2). My local buddy who has played it extensively thinks it’s a “really good fun game”.
3). I know a lot more about what’s going on than I care to share.
4). See #1 above? I dropped a shit load of $$$ in the market this week. High six figs, after making more the previous week. Thus, this little drama fest is very LOW on my give a shit meter.
5). I like F ing with you guys because it’s so high on your give a shit meters and that’s fun! Staying in is worth every penny this thread has delivered in entertainment value.
The real drama won’t be about pinball, trust me on that one

Save your gas. No one cares.

#19955 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Save your gas. No one cares.

Be able to buy DeepRoot for 6 figures soon

#19956 2 years ago

The one thing that drove this dumpster fire of a train wreck over the proverbial cliff is the mystique of, and the curse of the ghost of 90's Bally/Williams JPop titles.

There are so many people who have had such great memories of playing JPop 90's titles, even if they didn't sell well back in the day, and we still love playing them now.

I think people have been chasing that JPop ghost thinking that the 90's B/W experience can be recaptured if someone would just give him a chance.

The flaw in this thinking is JPop was a great visionary that inspired 4 teams of people to create some of pinball's most fun titles of the 90's, but it was the pinball juggernaut of Bally/Williams that actually created these machines.

I think the JPop magic everyone is looking for will only happen again when someone assembles a team with the collective experience they had at B/W. I don't think anyone yet has built a team that compares to that collective level of experience. Not knocking any current manufacturer since there has been a lot of great pinball made since.

#19957 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Have you seen this hobby? Even if they haven't shipped RAZA and they make a good enough marketing video of a completely new game that - let's say a theme everyone is chomping at the bit for - there'd be suckers.

Oh for sure - PT Barnum stuff happens all the time. Some people never learn. But a viable , real pin company - nah, they are done. Anybody that would part with a nickel after this should have their head examined.

#19958 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The “Zidware refugees” were already - miraculously - offered refunds. Many of them accepted this gift from the gods.
Others apparently slipped in the shower that week and hit their heads, and decided they’d just let it ride.
Hard to buy into the “won’t somebody think of the refugees” storyline at this point.

I don't disagree with you at all Levi . Still might make a few happy even if they got the Incredible Grand Mediocre Raza after all this time. I do feel sorry for the Zidware Refugees, even if they missed the boat and didn't take any cash that was offered.

#19959 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

RIP Biz.
[quoted image]

Biz bought a bunch of games from us years ago...he was a big video game lover! We delivered them to his New Jersey home. Todd

#19960 2 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Biz bought a bunch of games from us years ago...he was a big video game lover! We delivered them to his New Jersey home. Todd

Please tell me you got a selfie!

#19961 2 years ago

John works very well as a creative director. The problem is the millisecond you expect him to accomplish more than that he fails.

#19962 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

When they do fart out some games I wonder how long till the inevitable maintenance threads.
Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re hiring green engineers fresh out of school to design all the components. Does anyone seriously think they’ve been running lots of testing rigs to check on the reliability? To say nothing of the low wages for the assemblers and any fabrication theyre doing in house.
Not trying to be negative and pessimistic, but come on. Every new manufacturer’s first offering and first few units of a new game has some various level of jank to them. And deeproot is trying A LOT of new complicated things, like the lift system, their own pinball controller, and the PinBar™

That seems to be missing from the owners thought process. Maybe they can deliver a pin, but support after the fact? Forget about it. If I were a buyer, Id buy 2 of them, just to have 1 for spare parts.

#19963 2 years ago

400 Pages and still no pin.

Mission Accomplished!

5B40ED2A-78B9-451F-BA82-89A5C46DBC10.gif5B40ED2A-78B9-451F-BA82-89A5C46DBC10.gif
#19964 2 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Pics or it didn’t happen

#19965 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

With the exception of the braggadocio... some recent hits:
"I am going to drink more beers than the rest of you combined..."
"Drinking beer is easy..."
"Due to the recent beer shortage, we won't be drinking any beer until sometime after the holiday..."
"Do they sell Purple beer at Starbucks?" Oops, that was a Jpop quote there...

Wait is Robert and Brett Kavanaugh the same guy?

#19966 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I know someone that worked for deeproot. This individual told me to stay very very far away from any dealings/purchases from this company. I hope they are wrong but highly doubt it. Pretty sad because we could use more solid pinball making companies.

#19967 2 years ago

I know someone that worked for deeproot. This individual told me to stay very very far away from any dealings/purchases from this company. I hope they are wrong but highly doubt it. Pretty sad because we could use more solid pinball making companies.

#19968 2 years ago

Quad and Octo manufacturing apparently hasn't been implemented.

Guessing the "line" architecture plan might have to be scaled down to Duo manufacturing - Robert & John assembling games by hand. Nah - not happening.

What's the talking point going to be for the next update ?

#19969 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Guessing the "line" architecture plan might have to be scaled down to Duo manufacturing - Robert & John assembling games by hand. Nah - not happening.

UL certification and parts. Next update in October. Games before years end.

#19970 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

So the “talking point” is that they are going to unveil the new foam core that John prepared of their manufacturing line layout that they will build before the end of the year. I hear the art on the manufacturing room walls and floor is gonna be amazing, lots of purple too. They will also let us know that they have posted up photos of the foam core on a job posting site for assembly line workers, informing them they have only 2 weeks to apply for what will surely be the most amazing manufacturing facility ever. If there are any jobs left at the end of that there will be a waiting list but those jobs will pay $2 less per hour than if you apply now

#19971 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

We’ve made tremendous progress. Almost all parts are in stock. We have a huge waiting list of reserve customers. Production will begin “real soon”.

#19972 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I love the breakdown of votes on this. And the fact that some of you even felt the need to downvote such an obvious comparison joke is....well....so very Pinside of you. Thanks for the laugh, guys.

#19973 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

We’ve made tremendous progress. Almost all parts are in stock. We have a huge waiting list of reserve customers. Production will begin “real soon”.

The bad news is we're still waiting on the final 5% of UL certification and 3% of parts.

The good news is we've used the time to design a second all-new game that uses the RAZA playfield to bring you two times the deeproot magic.

And, in a revolutionary first for pinball, we will release both of these games on the same day.

Order banks are open now through July 27 at 11:59 PM CST for deeproot pinball's latest title... TITLE TBD!

I'm the best,

RM

Follow-up:

To provide clarity in response to questions received regarding the earlier announcement, "TITLE TBD" is the name of game two, not a placeholder. Best.

#19974 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I love the breakdown of votes on this. And the fact that some of you even felt the need to downvote such an obvious comparison joke is....well....so very Pinside of you. Thanks for the laugh, guys.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing the downvotes are for injecting politics into the thread?

Personally, I enjoy Pinside as a much needed respite from all things political.

#19975 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing the downvotes are for injecting politics into the thread?
Personally, I enjoy Pinside as a much needed respite from all things political.

But do you like beer? Cause I like beer. Do you? I like beer...

#19976 2 years ago

it's Sunday so I figured I'd do some math.

According to facts by blueberryjohnson, they are paying roughly $550k/year for leasing the building
Figure between JPOP and Barry they are a combine salary of $150k/year (roughly)
There's probably at least one electrical engineer, a few techs at minimum.. Steve Bowden, add another $200k
You still haven't paid for utilities, so probably add another $100k easy for electricity (lights, equipment, air conditioning, etc.)

So with delays of not shipping last December (at this point probably not until October at the earliest, perhaps not until December).
Just in delays, each year they burn through at least a million dollars doing what.. wait for parts? Secretly building food truck? If you amortized a million dollars into 120 RAZA games, it comes out to $8,333.33. They could have built nothing and been at the same place financially.

#19977 2 years ago

They have built nothing.

#19978 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

They have built nothing.

That was what I was thinking...

#19979 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Figure between JPOP and Barry they are a combine salary of $150k/year (roughly)
There's probably at least one electrical engineer, a few techs at minimum.. Steve Bowden, add another $200k

I think you’re waaaaaay overestimating what people in pinball make, let alone people working for a startup. But hey, if Bowden has been able to milk RM for that much, the more power to him.

#19980 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think you’re waaaaaay overestimating what people in pinball make, let alone people working for a startup. But hey, if Bowden has been able to milk RM for that much, the more power to him.

I think he meant 200k across 3 or 4 positions...

#19981 2 years ago

Hey now, they saved a lot of money by not actually paying some people for weeks at a time per multiple former employee comments.

#19982 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Robert pays well. Or at least he did.

If his core crew looks "cheap" it's because nobody else wants to work for him. Word got around LONG ago...

#19983 2 years ago

People love to endlessly speculate as to the meaning behind Stern's machine codenames, yet I've never seen any of you venture so much as a single guess as to what the hell Robert's "Farewell Dinosaur" and "Robot Dreams" Entertainment LLCs are about.

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 12.55.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-18 at 12.55.23 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 12.54.53 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-18 at 12.54.53 PM (resized).png

#19984 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You've blocked all of the funny people.

LMAO not saying I’m one of the funny guys around here but good grief, I wanted to ask him a quick RAZA question so I went to shoot him a PM and BAM! Someone is a bit thin skinned I guess.

24B1A12F-7082-4A53-925F-C3492FB41364 (resized).jpeg24B1A12F-7082-4A53-925F-C3492FB41364 (resized).jpeg

#19985 2 years ago

Hopefully it's "Farewell Dinosaur: The Jpop Finally Leaves The Industry Story"

#19986 2 years ago

iceman44 you've mentioned a few times that Robert has way bigger problems than pinball. I know nothing about business stuff, so I have no idea if the recent developments screenshotted below are of significance. As a business stuff knower, would you say that they are? Are they related to your secret DR knowledge?

I also welcome the thoughts of any other business knowers as well!

00capitalmanagement (resized).png00capitalmanagement (resized).png

01tech (resized).png01tech (resized).png

02deeprootpinball (resized).png02deeprootpinball (resized).png

02studios (resized).png02studios (resized).png

03funds (resized).png03funds (resized).png

09advisory (resized).png09advisory (resized).png

09policyservices (resized).png09policyservices (resized).png

09runsdeep (resized).png09runsdeep (resized).png

09stfr (resized).png09stfr (resized).png

#19987 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hopefully it's "Farewell Dinosaur: The Jpop Finally Leaves The Industry Story"

Why should he? He’s making 150k just existing. I work at a real job 6 days a week for that kinda scratch. Good gig if you can get it.

#19988 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sheesh not saying I’m one of the funny guys but good grief! I wanted to ask him a quick RAZA question so I went to shoot him a PM and BAM! Someone is a bit thin skinned I guess..

Right now we have a six month wait list for new club members but we are searching for a larger auditorium. In the meantime I will send you a Badge of Honor T-shirt.

zzzzzz635485383239870274-ferris-bueller (resized).jpgzzzzzz635485383239870274-ferris-bueller (resized).jpg
#19989 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

iceman44 you've mentioned a few times that Robert has way bigger problems than pinball. I know nothing about business stuff, so I have no idea if the recent developments screenshotted below are of significance. As a business stuff knower, would you say that they are? Are they related to your secret DR knowledge?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I was chuckling at previous posters talking about breadcrumbs (for me it brings up laughable Q shit) and then saw this and thought "I have no idea what it actually means but that's a damn juicy breadcrumb"

#19990 2 years ago

I see 10 pages of new stuff. Is there any real news here or is it all just spooge?

#19991 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I see 10 pages of new stuff. Is there any real news here or is it all just spooge?

Just spooge

#19992 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Good sleuthing but meaningless. State of Texas entities are either “active” or “inactive”. “In existence” is basically a category of “active”.

Had you seen “forfeited” you might have something!

#19993 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Good sleuthing but meaningless. State of Texas entities are either “active” or “inactive”. “In existence” is basically a category of “active”.

What about all the recent Robert removals?

#19994 2 years ago

6 more posts, we can do this.

#19995 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LMAO not saying I’m one of the funny guys around here but good grief, I wanted to ask him a quick RAZA question so I went to shoot him a PM and BAM! Someone is a bit thin skinned I guess.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I just checked mine and I'm still in the club too. LOL

#19996 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes but why did they all change, shortly after a 20 million dollar endeavor sold a whopping 122 units?

#19997 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yes but why did they all change, shortly after a 20 million dollar endeavor sold a whopping 122 units?

Come on benheck post 20,000 has your name on it!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#19998 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Come on benheck post 20,000 has your name on it!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Just happy to be here!

#20000 2 years ago

Just happy to be here!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/400?hl=mopario and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.