Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 399 of 672.
#19901 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Graduating early from a law school ranked in the bottom 25% of all law schools nationwide (Saint Mary's School of Law in San Antonio, TX) is like a chef bragging about landing a job operating a food truck.

EL OH EL

#19903 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hey since you're bored can you track down my Alien shipment?

Looking for mine too. I figure Pinball Brothers are working on drop target replacement.

#19904 2 years ago

Ya know, when the pre-order peeps are like "why do you care who I give money to"?

This.

I won't support a guy who doesn't pay his workers. End of story.

#19905 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Wrong, I legitimately asked about why you felt a certain way. But go ahead and slather on your typical arrogant snark as usual.
[quoted image]

Wow your so right. I didn’t feel the need to tell you how I Feel either so I didn’t reply. Lol

#19906 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow your so right. I didn’t feel the need to tell you how I Feel either so I didn’t reply. Lol

But you did reply?

#19907 2 years ago

#19908 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ya know, when the pre-order peeps are like "why do you care who I give money to"?
This.

Those three people saying the same thing at different times and the person who was on here saying the same thing could all be lying.

#19909 2 years ago

Well, lots of people don't like em, so...it's always possible.

#19910 2 years ago

The preorder people should stop worrying about the splinters in everyone else eyes and start worrying about the beam in their own... after seeing those reports from people about not being paid, and the problems with RM, how could you not jump on the refund bandwagon? But then again, these are the people who went diving willingly head first into a cesspool created by a JPop-Loving megalomaniac. Not one to wish bad karma on anyone, but after jumping into a cesspool, it becomes very hard to open your eyes without it burning like fuck.

#19911 2 years ago

I know I can always count on a good fight when I enter this thread. Definitely would be surprised if I actually found pinball here

E5D94355-056D-497A-832B-36C5A79A9F5D.gifE5D94355-056D-497A-832B-36C5A79A9F5D.gif
#19912 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This.

Wonder how not paying workers looks to the feds who were giving him funny money as recently as April? (A year after Texas reopened)

Not making payroll is about as close to the end a business can be without actually being fully closed.

#19913 2 years ago

I've gone from wanting deeproot to fail to wanting them to succeed. This thread is so toxic. Everyone's just dying for an update so they can laugh at misfortune. I hope they pull it off. I hope the preorder people get their games. I hope the second game does better. I hope jjp and Stern have more competition (as if those companies don't have a checkered history).

It seems like RM is waiting to update for something to come in so he can post some progress. I'm sure everyone here will find new, creative ways to hate, but I'm going to hope for the best. I don't have a stake in it, but I would just like to see way less hate around here. This thread is toxic even for pinside.

#19914 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wonder how not paying workers looks to the feds who were giving him funny money as recently as April? (A year after Texas reopened)
Not making payroll is about as close to the end a business can be without actually being fully closed.

Like I said Ben, it could already be wrapped up shut down. Today was hope for you guys

Actually there was a POS truck with 3 wheels on it behind the fence in the back.

Quoted from Bublehead:

The preorder people should stop worrying about the splinters in everyone else eyes and start worrying about the beam in their own... after seeing those reports from people about not being paid, and the problems with RM, how could you not jump on the refund bandwagon? But then again, these are the people who went diving willingly head first into a cesspool created by a JPop-Loving megalomaniac. Not one to wish bad karma on anyone, but after jumping into a cesspool, it becomes very hard to open your eyes without it burning like fuck.

You guys seem to care a whole lot more than I do.

Let me try and put it in perspective for you once again.

1). Most of us have a very small deposit down WITH some nice credits to boot towards a game

2). My local buddy who has played it extensively thinks it’s a “really good fun game”.

3). I know a lot more about what’s going on than I care to share.

4). See #1 above? I dropped a shit load of $$$ in the market this week. High six figs, after making more the previous week. Thus, this little drama fest is very LOW on my give a shit meter.

5). I like F ing with you guys because it’s so high on your give a shit meters and that’s fun! Staying in is worth every penny this thread has delivered in entertainment value.

The real drama won’t be about pinball, trust me on that one

#19915 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

This thread is toxic

RM is toxic, JPop is toxic, RAZA is toxic, and the whole mess is toxic to pinball in general. What good is DR doing for pinball right now, today? None in my book. Not paying workers, taking PPP loans, not delivering a product, not doing anything with one exception, donating swag for the auction for the poor sick boy with cancer. It would be a wonder if this this thread was NOT toxic.

#19916 2 years ago

Me and my friends checking in on the deeproot thread...

gbriverofslime4 (resized).jpggbriverofslime4 (resized).jpg
#19917 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I've gone from wanting deeproot to fail to wanting them to succeed. This thread is so toxic. Everyone's just dying for an update so they can laugh at misfortune. I hope they pull it off. I hope the preorder people get their games. I hope the second game does better. I hope jjp and Stern have more competition (as if those companies don't have a checkered history).
It seems like RM is waiting to update for something to come in so he can post some progress. I'm sure everyone here will find new, creative ways to hate, but I'm going to hope for the best. I don't have a stake in it, but I would just like to see way less hate around here. This thread is toxic even for pinside.

Well, first...most of us aren't wanting them to fail, we just are realistic. Not much else to do but poke fun at the situation until something develops. Expect the worst, be less surprised when it happens. Being cheerful and optimistic is a deluded attitude and is why everyone is always so crazy and need medicated when things don't go their way. You can see it in the way they post. I can think of one poster in particular. They are the first to crack when shit hits the fan, even though their loud and over the top presentation of their opinions win over people. It's a trait people are drawn to for some crazy reason. The reality is they are fragile and its posturing to convince themselves. They hate people who are down to earth and tell them how life really works. There's a difference between being positive and being blindly optimistic. We are posting here out of boredom. It's the internet, but more and more people expect an echo chamber to tell them how right they are so they feel better about themselves.

Zablon, MD.

#19918 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

It would be a wonder if this this thread was NOT toxic.

This thread is the antidote to toxins. It’s pretty chill, actually - seems filled with rational people having nice conversation.

Then again there are lots of posts I can’t see. lol

#19919 2 years ago

People keep saying posts are out of boredom, but I find the theory positing and digging around for breadcrumbs interesting.

There's a genre of hobby called alternate reality games where up to thousands of people from around the internet get together to follow the development of strange and mysterious stories that unfold across different platforms and try to figure out what's going on.

I've never participated in an ARG, but this feels like one. Except that deeproot is putatively a real business and the alternate reality is just what goes on inside John and Robert's heads.

#19920 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

People keep saying posts are out of boredom, but I find the theory positing and digging around for breadcrumbs interesting.
There's a genre of hobby called alternate reality games where up to thousands of people from around the internet get together to follow the development of strange and mysterious stories that unfold across different platforms and try to figure out what's going on.
I've never participated in an ARG, but this feels like one. Except that deeproot is putatively a real business and the alternate reality is just what goes on inside John and Robert's heads.

I say boredom, and it's just a generalization meaning most people don't hold a whole lot of stock in the thread or what is being said, just mingling and waiting to see the outcome and having a bit of fun with it in the meantime. Save for the people with down payments, and people with history with JP and RM, not many people have any dog in this race.

#19921 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

unfortunately... Glassdoor screens and verifies reports about as much as Yelp. Meaning, be careful taking anything as real gospel. It's good gossip, but not exactly immune from manipulation either.

#19922 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This thread is the antidote to toxins.

Well, here is one thing I have done... gone back and looked at just my posts in chronological order... My opinion has definitely "spanned the globe" as the saga drags on. But one thing is definitely true for me, the saga has given me my share of laughs and groans.

491F4BA0-6AF3-4D8A-8D26-E9B0B4E6DD37 (resized).jpeg491F4BA0-6AF3-4D8A-8D26-E9B0B4E6DD37 (resized).jpeg
#19923 2 years ago

I want deeproot to fail. We don't need patent trolls in this hobby.

#19924 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I want deeproot to fail. We don't need patent trolls in this hobby.

Holy crap Ben, who knew! Lol

I worry about you if your favorite villain disappears

#19925 2 years ago

I mean...it seemed like you wanted to keep that on the down low, so didn't want to put you in the spotlight

#19926 2 years ago

For me it’s a mix of boredom and a genuine enjoyment of discussing the industry, design philosophy, and rubber necking a train crash. Some of the people in the thread are pleasant to chit chat with.

The bread crumbs are fun, but at a certain point I don’t want to be too obsessive or behave like a stalker. They’re real people and it’s just a silly company.

If I lived near by I wouldn’t be counting cars in the parking lot like a creeper. But I probably would have gone to the coffee shop to play it some during the public test and pick the brain of any employees who’d talk to me in a non-confrontational way. Although I would go dumpster diving for thrown out white woods they day they close shop. I want to know what the hell people like Oursler, Nordman, and Norris were up to for so long. I hope that stuff makes it out of there one way or another.

I don’t have to wish them to go out of business. They’re going to because of Robert.

#19927 2 years ago

Anita Goodman is funny as hell...

#19928 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Truth doesnt mean Toxic.

Care to straighten out the record? What is it people in this thread dont see, outside if ICE who has implied he has seen the pins and its all systems go. Doesnt make any of the truths( unpaid workers, no pre-order money, paid subscription stupidity etc etc) any more wrong, or toxic. It just hurts your feelings, like the German dude who said a post was criminal. Maybe there, but not here, yet...

#19929 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Holy crap Ben, who knew! Lol
I worry about you if your favorite villain disappears

That's like a person worrying after their cancer is removed.

#19930 2 years ago

Maybe you guys should make some original shit instead of worrying what everyone else is doing. Then you wouldn’t have to worry about patents.

Here is some T-Pain for you telling it straight up

#19931 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Maybe you guys should make some original shit instead of worrying what everyone else is doing. Then you wouldn’t have to worry about patents.
Here is some T-Pain for you telling it straight up

That is pathetic. TPains biggest hit was Im on a Boat, and that aint original ha

#19932 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That is pathetic. TPains biggest hit was Im on a Boat, and that aint original ha

At least it was original, and it has 67M views. T-Pain winning

#19933 2 years ago

At least it was original, and it has 67M views. T-Pain winning

Wish I was partying on a boat with Tpain!

#19934 2 years ago

Don’t we all, with a mermaid. Maybe Ben can hit up T-Pain and make A Boat pin?

7C9CEE07-F9F1-4AFF-90C9-59F555E9F7B2 (resized).png7C9CEE07-F9F1-4AFF-90C9-59F555E9F7B2 (resized).png
#19935 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Fuck I love that song. In my flippy floppies.

#19936 2 years ago

RIP Biz.

Screenshot 2021-07-16 11.38.21 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-07-16 11.38.21 PM (resized).png
#19937 2 years ago

What? RIP Biz. But why did AC/DC downvote? Is that sadness? Damn BIZ is a legend!

#19938 2 years ago

What? RIP Biz. But why did AC/DC downvote? Is that sadness? Damn BIZ is a legend!

Rappers were brought into the fold and I just heard so wanted to let the world of deeproot know. I was just listening to him a few weeks back with one of my sons, he will be missed.

#19939 2 years ago

So much activity I thought there was real news. Just more of the same around here.

#19940 2 years ago
Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:

So much activity I thought there was real news. Just more of the same around here.

Pour out a 40z for Deeproot

#19941 2 years ago

Revised Raza - Maybe similar to these shipping soon ???? Pinbar eliminated and other modifications streamlined to speed up manufacturing and reduce costs - build contracted from another country due to problems getting an assembly line going in Texas.

Raza revised version (resized).jpgRaza revised version (resized).jpg
#19942 2 years ago
Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:

Supposed to be an announcement on Monday from Deeproot. I still think these games are eventually going to be made and I'm keeping a good thought for the Zidware and pre-order people. They sure have paid their dues in more ways than one.

#19943 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Supposed to be an announcement on Monday from Deeproot. I still think these games are eventually going to be made and I'm keeping a good thought for the Zidware and pre-order people. They sure have paid their dues in more ways than one.

It’s so sad that after all this time, heartbreak, and struggle, their reward would be....a RAZA.

#19944 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I agree in part, it's been NINE FRIGGING YEARS it would be nice for some closure. Either they get games or it's dead and buried forever. Either or.

Still. Good chunk of Zidware marks didn't sign on for deeproot. John also sold more AIW than you probably realize, certainly far more than Magic Girl. Vendors still pissed, probably doesn't help DR supply issues (maybe don't hire a debtor scammer?)

#19945 2 years ago

When they do fart out some games I wonder how long till the inevitable maintenance threads.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re hiring green engineers fresh out of school to design all the components. Does anyone seriously think they’ve been running lots of testing rigs to check on the reliability? To say nothing of the low wages for the assemblers and any fabrication theyre doing in house.

Not trying to be negative and pessimistic, but come on. Every new manufacturer’s first offering and first few units of a new game has some various level of jank to them. And deeproot is trying A LOT of new complicated things, like the lift system, their own pinball controller, and the PinBar™

#19946 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:Supposed to be an announcement on Monday from Deeproot. I still think these games are eventually going to be made and I'm keeping a good thought for the Zidware and pre-order people. They sure have paid their dues in more ways than one.

Something is better than nothing for sure. But even if they would deliver RAZA's who would order from this company in the future after all this ? I think the goose is cooked either way.

As Ben says - closure is needed. Someway, somehow. Would be nice if Zidware refugees got something.

#19947 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Something is better than nothing for sure. But even if they would deliver RAZA's who would order from this company in the future after all this ? I think the goose is cooked either way.
As Ben says - closure is needed. Someway, somehow. Would be nice if Zidware refugees got something.

The “Zidware refugees” were already - miraculously - offered refunds. Many of them accepted this gift from the gods.

Others apparently slipped in the shower that week and hit their heads, and decided they’d just let it ride.

Hard to buy into the “won’t somebody think of the refugees” storyline at this point.

#19948 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Still. Good chunk of Zidware marks didn't sign on for deeproot. John also sold more AIW than you probably realize, certainly far more than Magic Girl. Vendors still pissed, probably doesn't help DR supply issues (maybe don't hire a debtor scammer?)

122 RAZA customers and the majority of those are the pre-order people. I'm guessing 20 or so are the Zidware people that signed up and weren't rejected. (Applicant Cointaker was arbitrarily denied for example) Compare that to the lengthy Jpop bankruptcy list of vendors and individuals (public record) and they wont have scratched the surface of what all is owed.
Its embarrassing, its inadequate, but a sip of water for some is better than nothing.

#19949 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That's like a person worrying after their cancer is removed.

Equating John with killing people now?

He’s a bad guy, done some terrible things, and I know he’s living in your head rent free, owns a big chunk of space there, but “cancer” is not funny and a bit harsh don’t you think?

Not a good thing to be hyperbolic with?

#19950 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Gee thanks for that support of hoping we get something. Lol

If they survive and make great games in the future pinball people are the most fickle people on the planet and you know it. Not saying it will happen so don’t get your panties in a wad!

It might already be over so you can hang on to that this weekend and put a smile on you face

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 399 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/399 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.