View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 672.
#19651 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

LCDs are awesome and, in my opinion, required today.
DMD art is a cop-out these days. Make the investment and make me some badass LCD animations and stuff.

Who are you berating exactly?

All pinball machines are LCD now.

#19652 2 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

What about Deeproot? Rumors? Fresh Speculation?

I'm hoping we see the next Deeproot update any day this week, even if its just further delays.
I'd even take iceman's next update on the vehicle contents of the Deeproot parking lot.

#19653 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I'm hoping we see the next Deeproot update any day this week, even if its just further delays.
I'd even take iceman's next update on the vehicle contents of the Deeproot parking lot.

A car update is coming this week! .

#19654 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

For example what DR spent bailing out Zidware was more than Stern paid to license Star Wars.

omg...

#19655 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A car update is coming this week!

I am hoping for one with a Food Truck in the lot!

#19656 2 years ago

This thread is fun. Let's keep it as a hangout after this company is dead & buried. We could even make shirts! I have Zidware shirts despite them shipping zero games, why not Deerpoot.

#19657 2 years ago

Robert still owes free tshirts from his hammer tested stunt

https://www.facebook.com/deeprootpinball/posts/121889826297419

Is the QUALITY of your Pinball WOOD Playfield important to you?

We at deeproot Pinball take wood playfield quality so seriously we are going to back it up with a hammer test and a warranty: if it leaves a mark, it doesn’t ship. As such, all of our playfields will proudly bear the Hammer Tested (TM) trademark. In honor (and anticipation) of the first public mark-free hammer test on wood, we want your help featuring some crazy quotes about how dimples and marks are normal in our public launch!

We will send a free limited run deeproot Hammer Tested (TM) T-Shirt (featuring this logo) to the first 50 deeproot fans who qualify by emailing ([email protected]) a PUBLICLY AVAILABLE quote, statement, or policy of a company, personality, or forum moniker, where they state or imply that pits, dimples, cracks, pools, ghosting, etc. is normal, expected, or inevitable with a wood playfield.

To qualify: The quote must be unique (first received), accurate, publicly verifiable, not confidential, in quotes as a direct quote, and should be limited to no more than 2-3 sentences. Your email must also contain source material type (i.e. printed material, website forum, or hosted video) and cite the company, personality, or forum moniker. We'll be in touch with all qualified participants and plan to ship the T-Shirts in early October! No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.

PLEASE DO NOT post any quote here (as a comment) as it will not qualify.

Hammer Tested (TM) quality coming soon from deeproot Pinball!

#19658 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The LCD makes that game along with many others now. TBL, Alien, STH, EHOH, GNR, Wonka. Just going down my rows.

Congrats on the size of your “Rows” and wallet Ice

#19659 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

For posterity's sake the first two DMD machines were licensed, Gilligan's Island and Terminator 2, both released 30 years ago! I realize you know this, but I wanted to get it documented in the thread.

For further posterity, Checkpoint (DE) was the first use of a DMD Feb 1991 and this was an unlicensed theme.

I found an old post here that details some of this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-manufacturer-what-year-did-release-the-first-dmd-pin

#19660 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

For further posterity, Checkpoint (DE) was the first use of a DMD Feb 1991 and this was an unlicensed theme.
I found an old post here that details some of this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-manufacturer-what-year-did-release-the-first-dmd-pin

I've heard mixed things about whether or not Checkpoint was a licensed Porsche game, or they had to pay for the license after the fact. The artwork is all Porsches. There's a toy car in with the Porsche logo. You even spell out Carrera as part of the game.

#19661 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

This thread is fun. Let's keep it as a hangout after this company is dead & buried. We could even make shirts! I have Zidware shirts despite them shipping zero games, why not Deerpoot.

Speaking of t shirts from pinball companies that never produced a game....

544D81CE-9E63-447C-907A-099F7061F91A_1_201_a (resized).jpeg544D81CE-9E63-447C-907A-099F7061F91A_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
#19662 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That has never made any difference in if I put a quarter in or not. Interestingly what I do notice is that people don't like to wait while their friends play, so they play a different game.

You’re right.

Better?

#19663 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

We at deeproot Pinball take wood playfield quality so seriously we are going to back it up with a hammer test and a warranty: if it leaves a mark, it doesn’t ship. As such, all of our playfields will proudly bear the Hammer Tested (TM) trademark. In honor (and anticipation) of the first public mark-free hammer test on wood, we want your help featuring some crazy quotes about how dimples and marks are normal in our public launch!
We will send a free limited run deeproot Hammer Tested (TM) T-Shirt (featuring this logo) to the first 50 deeproot fans who qualify by emailing ([email protected]) a PUBLICLY AVAILABLE quote, statement, or policy of a company, personality, or forum moniker, where they state or imply that pits, dimples, cracks, pools, ghosting, etc. is normal, expected, or inevitable with a wood playfield.
To qualify: The quote must be unique (first received), accurate, publicly verifiable, not confidential, in quotes as a direct quote, and should be limited to no more than 2-3 sentences. Your email must also contain source material type (i.e. printed material, website forum, or hosted video) and cite the company, personality, or forum moniker. We'll be in touch with all qualified participants and plan to ship the T-Shirts in early October! No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.

LMAO...another classic...if I recall a couple clever folks thought some quotes from yours truly was gonna get repurposed to get them a free T-shirt.

In the end the "hammer proof clear coat" turned out to have a texture akin to orbiter 1 and it was abandoned, never to be heard from again.

"I went to Texas for the disastrous VIP Six Deep Root reveal and all I didn't even get was that lousy t-shirt!"

#19664 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Lol JFC...so serious question, has deeproot actually followed through on a single promise, big or small, they have made, ever?

#19665 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Lol JFC...so serious question, has deeproot actually followed through on a single promise, big or small, they have made, ever?

JPop is still trying to find the right color of purple for them. Just be patient

#19666 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

You’re right.

I'm going to get this framed and hang it above my games to admire when people are playing them. Better than any LCD animation.

#19667 2 years ago

As I suspected, “Hammer Tested” is not a registered trademark. I don’t think it ever could be seeing as it seems to be ‘too generic’ of a term. I have some experience with trademarks and how they’re issued.

“Pinbar” is a registered trademark.

https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4809:489x.1.1

#19668 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

As I suspected, “Hammer Tested” is not a registered trademark. I don’t think it ever could be seeing as it seems to be ‘too generic’ of a term. I have some experience with trademarks and how they’re issued.
“Pinbar” is a registered trademark.
https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4809:489x.1.1

Doesn't it take several months after filing to be public though? Like Pinbar™ was filed for in Sept 20 but wasn't published till March 21. And just looking at it, they only recently got "deeproot pinball"™. Applied 7-12-17, published for opposition 12-5-17, registered 3-16-21 (they had "deeproot"™ much longer)

#19669 2 years ago

So deeproot is officially hiding in fear at this point, right?

#19670 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Doesn't it take several months after filing to be public though? Like Pinbar™ was filed for in Sept 20 but wasn't published till March 21. And just looking at it, they only recently got "deeproot pinball"™. Applied 7-12-17, published for opposition 12-5-17, registered 3-16-21 (they had "deeproot"™ much longer)

You can apply for a trademark whenever you want. You can extend the duration between application and publication for a fee. There is a limit to the number of extensions you cam apply for - I believe the limit is 3 years between applying and publishing, however, you do have to pay for each extension.

I believe the crux of the issue here is that the trademark must be “in use” - meaning it has to be proven to the US PTO that the product associated with the trademark is actually being used by a product being sold. This proof is typically provided to the US PTO in the form of invoices of sales.

#19671 2 years ago

Hammer Tested was just more JPOP nonsense. Even the logo, it's obvious he designed it.

I know people think I am beating a dead horse. It just can't be understated how much influence John clearly has. And how poor of a leader Robert is for following John's ideas just because.... Magic?

#19672 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hammer Tested was just more JPOP nonsense. Even the logo, it's obvious he designed it.
I know people think I am beating a dead horse. It just can't be understated how much influence John clearly has. And how poor of a leader Robert is for following John's ideas just because.... Magic?

I dont think you are beating a dead horse. People need to be warned, its just mind blowing that RM stuck with him so long, even AFTER another upstart (American Pinball) dumped him, based on pinside feedback. RM should just shoot for the moon and get GOTH 2 license and play EGO...

Spoiler Alert..EGO loses.

#19673 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I dont think you are beating a dead horse. People need to be warned, its just mind blowing that RM stuck with him so long, even AFTER another upstart (American Pinball) dumped him, based on pinside feedback. RM should just shoot for the moon and get GOTH 2 license and play EGO...

I thought AP dumped him because they saw he wasn’t getting anything done on the Houdini game he was designing for them in exchange for doing Magic Girl assembly (with the cheeky note that says this was built per his design and does not reflect AP standards). Then Balcer came in and banged out an all new Houdini within a few months.

#19674 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

He's issued "updates", as promised. Mostly.. this latest one could be argued to be a bit late, but he never gave specifics except after the holiday weekend in July.. so that could be anytime from last week till.... who knows.

Quoted from Roostking:

Eh, at this point what people are you warning and with what purpose? Everyone's made their choices. I believe AP dumped Jpop not just because of pinside, I'm pretty sure they realized what a joke he was and working with him was going to go nowhere fast. I'm sure the hatred expressed on pinside didn't help though.

#19675 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

He's issued "updates", as promised. Mostly.. this latest one could be argued to be a bit late, but he never gave specifics except after the holiday weekend in July.. so that could be anytime from last week till.... who knows.

Eh, at this point what people are you warning and with what purpose? Everyone's made their choices. I believe AP dumped Jpop not just because of pinside, I'm pretty sure they realized what a joke he was and working with him was going to go nowhere fast. I'm sure the hatred expressed on pinside didn't help though.

Not true, but who knows. If dr were legit, i bet they would still take preorder money.

And yea, I dont know the facts with AP and jpoop, but I do know that AP dumped his ass, and have a 4 total pins you can buy right now. Dr? Ya....

EGO and Best!

And Hatred? Yea its hatred to call someone out who ripped off people for hundreds of thousands of dollars. So in your eyes, victims of these continues scams, are haters? The world is so opposite right now. Enjoy your non pin and trying to bury the truth.

#19676 2 years ago

Derproot

#19677 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not true, but who knows. If dr were legit, i bet they would still take preorder money.
And yea, I dont know the facts with AP and jpoop, but I do know that AP dumped his ass, and have a 4 total pins you can buy right now. Dr? Ya....
EGO and Best!
And Hatred? Yea its hatred to call someone out who ripped off people for hundreds of thousands of dollars. So in your eyes, victims of these continues scams, are haters? The world is so opposite right now. Enjoy your non pin and trying to bury the truth.

Oh I agree with you RoostKing, I think you mid-interpreted my tone. I was just having fun about the promises he's kept -- But I Do believe that IS the only one he's kept, about making "regular" updates. I mean, for all 3 of them so far or whatever it is.

Not calling victims "haters" in the sense of that word at all -- I used "Hatred", and it's all very warranted I 100% agree. I am not a Jpop fan, nor did I order anything with DR. RM is just as unimpressive as JPOP, but with much more 'brazen a-hole' on the surface vs complete ineptitude of Jpop. Of course they both share Ego.

#19678 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I thought AP dumped him because they saw he wasn’t getting anything done on the Houdini game he was designing for them in exchange for doing Magic Girl assembly (with the cheeky note that says this was built per his design and does not reflect AP standards). Then Balcer came in and banged out an all new Houdini within a few months.

John tricks AP into starting a pinball company by "giving" them Houdini in exchange for them making Magic Girl. (look at the logo, company name, it's 100% JPOP)

AP makes Magic Girl, it's a fake game.

AP hires Joe Balcer to help.

Joe tells AP Houdini is a fake game.

Joe fires John.

Robert hires John.

San Antonio newspaper says "pinball company hires the Rembrandt of pinball"

#19679 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I tipped off my business reporter friend in SA about deeproot several months ago (when they started to take money). You’d think deeproot would want to advertise being an upstart manufacturing in SA, but they would never return requests for interviews with the paper

It was really hard to relay the whole history of deeproot and JPop but they did do a deep dive on public records and agreed that none of it made sense. I don’t know if anything will ever come of it though

Zidware to now is a pretty crazy story with some drama, but maybe not clickbait worthy drama (yet)

#19680 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Robert hires John.

Rembrandt went bankrupt, having possessed no money-management abilities.

Rembrandt's success was the product of an economic boon during his early years.

Rembrandt had very long curly hair.

Rembrandt's career was supported by wealthy market investors derived from a Texas investment fund. . .err, I mean funded by Dutch patrons of the arts.

Screenshot_20210712-224630_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210712-224630_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210712-224901_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210712-224901_Google (resized).jpg
#19681 2 years ago

Almost 400 pages and 20,000 posts

949FA999-B70C-4DCE-999A-BC993072CA9D.gif949FA999-B70C-4DCE-999A-BC993072CA9D.gif
#19682 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Who are you berating exactly?
All pinball machines are LCD now.

Homepin says "Hold my Beer."

#19683 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Homepin says "Hold my Beer."

Heavy Metal sais hold my beer….

#19684 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

AP picks terrible themes. Oktoberfest, where's the wish fulfillment? Anybody can go get drunk.... Who cares?
Hot Wheels... Your target demo has sports cars in their garage. They aren't 8 year old boys wishing they had a license.
Any game, movie etc needs to fulfill a fantasy.

What fantasy of yours is Halloween fulfilling?

On another topic, I have said it before - but it's worth repeating.
Skills to be a finance guy and run a successful investment firm do not translate to building and running a successful manufacturing company.
Any other rational business person would of bailed by now on this company and wrote off the losses.

#19685 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Guessing you didn’t get your refund?

I did not apply for a refund...

In the western world we´ve got devaluing currencies so we just have to find scarce assets that are going to hold their value over a long period of time and everybody is entitled to figure out what their favourites are -Michael Sailor-

#19686 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

What fantasy of yours is Halloween fulfilling?

Survival. I think that’s the general psychology with horror movies/games - facing your fears, the adrenaline rush of being scared and living to tell the tale.

#19687 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Survival. I think that’s the general psychology with horror movies/games - facing your fears, the adrenaline rush of being scared and living to tell the tale.

Well put!

#19688 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

[quoted image]

Thinking of Vonnie D...
Deeproot could buy Vonnie's "assets"? Employ the guy who went to prison? (is he out now ? Otherwise add a "Designed in US Jail" logo?)
No doubt this would create an unprecedented concentration of unusual talents.

#19689 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Licenses... Between 30-100k down then 50-150 ish per game.
Video... Sometimes you get it all, sometimes you pay by the minute or have a fixed amount you can use.
Period... Usually 3 years.
For example what DR spent bailing out Zidware was more than Stern paid to license Star Wars.
Robert. When 20 people tell you not to hire someone.... Maybe don't hire them?

Sometimes I think Deeproot might have been a success without John. I mean they had all good people and then added this moron who has his fingerprints on all things stupid they have done.

#19690 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:Sometimes I think Deeproot might have been a success without John. I mean they had all good people and then added this moron who has his fingerprints on all things stupid they have done.

John was the snake charmer and one if the first to be employed, i believe.

Even after AP dumped him.

#19691 2 years ago

Any odds on when and if there will be an update - or could it possible there will be an announcement they are done ? The wait time on an update this go around is getting a bit stagnant. Was the option to opt for refunds open ended or did the pre order people have to submit last month to cash out ? It's looking worse with each passing month. Guessing there is no production line or there would be some indication of such if nothing else in the "updates". Not looking good. DR said update after the 4th of July Holiday. Maybe they meant a month or two after the 4th. The longer it goes for this update I think just might indicate the curtain just might fall. If there were progress there would be a report.

#19692 2 years ago

I assume they don't have anything to say yet

#19693 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yeah! Memory Lane! Early on the SKIT-B guys wanted to give me a tee shirt. I said I don't wear them only button shirts. So they sent me this in 2XL! A collector's item for sure!

shit b 1 (resized).jpgshit b 1 (resized).jpgshit b 2 (resized).jpgshit b 2 (resized).jpg
#19694 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah! Memory Lane! Early on the SKIT-B guys wanted to give me a tee shirt. I said I don't wear them only button shirts. So they sent me this in 2XL! A collector's item for sure!
[quoted image][quoted image]

…yeah, keep it on the collector shelf. If you wear that outside, everyone will be like “Shit Mask? What’s Shit Mask?”

#19695 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you wear that outside, everyone will be like “Shit Mask? What’s Shit Mask?”

These company logos couldn't be worse if they tried. Not sure what's a bigger design fail, Skit B shit mask or Deerpoot butt plug. American Pinball with the most generic name ever and a boring symbol to match.

#19696 2 years ago

They totally missed the opportunity to ask their employees work in an "outside the pinbox" environment...

https://deeproot.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=99

Who wants to help assemble the games...?

#19697 2 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

They totally missed the opportunity to ask their employees work in an "outside the pinbox" environment...

So they haven't hired any factory staff yet...

#19698 2 years ago

Next update:

"Due to all these damn government handouts we can't get people to build these machines in the factory. While this is bad, there's a good side. As a proud pre-order RAZA owner, you now get a chance to make history while making your very own RAZA! You are a very special group who's stuck with us no matter what the haters say. Please contact us to schedule your trip to build your own RAZA!

Note: No discounts. Any fees or loss of income incurred by taking this offer are not covered by DR. Please arrange shipping. You can purchase a PinPod for free +$1000 shipping. If you do not take offer, your game may not be built."

#19699 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

" If you do not take offer, your game may not be built."

And if you take this offer, your game still may not be built...

#19700 2 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Why would you want an assembler to think outside the box? No, follow the steps, 1 after another, until the end.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/394 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.