• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 391 of 669.
#19501 2 years ago

Although many people believe there is still some humor to be mined (or milked out of) the whole deeproot fiasco, I will not miss the distracting shit show this thread (and manufacturer) have become. Not much actual humor left in this topic if you ask me, all that's really left are the refunds (hopefully), or the tears of disappointment if not, and the "wish it had a better outcome" posts. Of course we will have to endure the mad ravings of those pinball addicts who seem really invested in getting just one more JPop purple Xenon fix, or is it the need to own just another rare dick measuring stick, I'm not sure which?

#19502 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think the original intent was 1 of 5 release reveals each day....very lofty goal for your first outing. Most people thought this was impossible...and apparently it was.

I think that was what they thought they would do.

Looks like closer to becoming the 5 years of Nothing rather than 5 Days of Deeproot.

#19503 2 years ago

Maybe the deeproot correspondent on the pinball show can get to the bottom of this

#19504 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Maybe the deeproot correspondent on the pinball show can get to the bottom of this

Maybe Ice will have enough liquid courage to knock on the front door one day.

#19505 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Maybe Ice will have enough liquid courage to knock on the front door one day.

I do wonder if our erstwhile deeproot employee friend here would be in an NDA comfortable place to share what Robert actually intended the five days to be

#19506 2 years ago

Wait, there is more "bottom" to come?

#19507 2 years ago

I do wonder if our erstwhile deeproot employee friend here would be in an NDA comfortable place to share what Robert actually intended the five days to be

Also haven't heard back from the guy who was trying to get an assembler job there but dr wasn't returning his messages. Maybe they finally hired him and they have something for him to do.

#19508 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

haven't heard back from the guy who was trying to get an assembler job there but dr wasn't returning his messages.

Dissembling is the only thing going on at DR.

#19509 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wait, there is more "bottom" to come?

There might not be a bottom to the bottom. That said, I only meant about the original plans for the five days of deeproot.

#19510 2 years ago

Latest DR job posting (from seven days ago). The jokes write themselves.

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Deeproot/jobs?jk=e60a1d133280ee99

Screenshot_20210708-062531 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210708-062531 (resized).png

#19511 2 years ago

I feel like I remember seeing a janitor listing several months ago, so even the guy taking out the trash is bailing.

#19512 2 years ago

It would just be best to issue refunds to everybody that laid out whatever monies toward a game and be done with it all.

#19513 2 years ago

[quoted image]

You have to clean Jpop's Shower?
Going to be hard position to fill.
Really, how many showers does deeproot facilities have?

#19514 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You have to clean Jpop's Shower?
Going to be hard position to fill.
Really, how many showers does deeproot facilities have?

Here's a PDF advertising the building they're in. There's a floor plan that is a bit blurry but I can make out a couple showers (I assume next to the gym)

Honestly they might have as many toilets as employees. It says 27 toilets and 9 urinals. No mention of the showers

https://www.cbre.us/resources/fileassets/US-SMPL-55014/652f6d97/cf6c0e11-f6cf-490c-ada0-aee4be3eba3e.pdf

#19515 2 years ago

There might not be a bottom to the bottom. That said, I only meant about the original plans for the five days of deeproot.

Those definitely hit, rock bottom.

#19516 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:Here's a PDF advertising the building they're in. There's a floor plan that is a bit blurry but I can make out a couple showers (I assume next to the gym)
Honestly they might have as many toilets as employees. It says 27 toilets and 9 urinals. No mention of the showers
https://www.cbre.us/resources/fileassets/US-SMPL-55014/652f6d97/cf6c0e11-f6cf-490c-ada0-aee4be3eba3e.pdf

Does this mean they are getting out of the lease? Why would CBRE be advertising the space?

Also for you office real estate moguls: what does “large floor plates” mean?

#19517 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does this mean they are getting out of the lease? Why would CBRE be advertising the space?

I don't think much of it other than deeproot would have a different landlord. Their lease runs through March 2023 per the guide.

#19518 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

CBRE is advertising the building for sale to a new landlord, not looking for a new tenant.

"Floor Plates" seems to be real estate language for separate, or potentially separate, office spaces within a multi-tenant building.

#19519 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

CBRE is advertising the building for sale to a new landlord, not looking for a new tenant.
"Floor Plates" seems to be real estate language for separate, or potentially separate, office spaces within a multi-tenant building.

Got it, interesting ! Thanks

#19520 2 years ago

Trouble is, he quit! He gave up being a dr correspondent a few months ago.

#19521 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well it's not like he was doing much

#19522 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Does that mean Mr. Meny is accepting applications for the open position???

#19523 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well it's not like he was doing much
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"32d4dbdda69a2a7f33db3b3a6657259b01b619fd-1625779786-1800"};
//]]>

He could get a job doing deep root pr. He was good at spinning absolutely nothing going on

Does that mean Mr. Meny is accepting applications for the open position???

Hope on a mic and drop sixteen bars on deeproot and maybe you can also join the puppet palz

#19524 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I specifically note the absence of “Sweep manufacturing room floor each day” in job duties. Maybe they’ll add that when they get one of those

#19525 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Should only have one Responsibility listed - Light Dusting every fortnight (bring own feather duster - must be purple)

#19526 2 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Should only have one Responsibility listed - Light Dusting every fortnight (bring own feather duster - must be purple)

And vacuum loose xenon gas into storage canisters. (Watch out for drac though lol)

#19527 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Some big cleaning before closing the doors

#19528 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

To get damage deposit back ?

LTG : )

#19529 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

To clean up all the JPoop.

#19530 2 years ago

Congrats Spooky on building and releasing a company built on 1. Building a great relationship with the community, 2. Starting small and building up, 3. Utilizing real established themes and 4. Not trying to reinvent the entire market with ridiculous pin-this and pin-that but rather delivering what the market today is desparate for - standard form, great shooting, interesting mechs, great code and art. 5. A humble, can-do spirit.

If this were sub-atomic physics, DR would be the anti-particle of Spooky. On every point above they are the polar opposite.

Look, clearly Robert is an intelligent and successful man in many ways so he has the potential, resources and connections to pull many things off in this world.

The question is, does he today realize yet that he has to change course or will he stick to his guns and see the anti-particle method to its full conclusion?

#19531 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:Congrats Spooky on building and releasing a company built on 1. Building a great relationship with the community, 2. Starting small and building up, 3. Utilizing real established themes and 4. Not trying to reinvent the entire market with ridiculous pin-this and pin-that but rather delivering what the market today is desparate for - standard form, great shooting, interesting mechs, great code and art. 5. A humble, can-do spirit.

If this were sub-atomic physics, DR would be the anti-particle of Spooky. On every point above they are the polar opposite.

Look, clearly Robert is an intelligent and successful man in many ways so he has the potential, resources and connections to pull many things off in this world.

The question is, does he today realize yet that he has to change course or will he stick to his guns and see the anti-particle method to its full conclusion?

Somehow this post annoys me bc the (pinball) world isnt as simple as described second stating what the market is desperate for.

The RAZA table by accident or not wasnt hidden until 3 days before sale the nrs. were not limited and gameplay footage was available. All spooky did not have but the market desperately craved just look up the forum. It worked spooky bc played smartly with their built trust but hiding the table in that way was not what the market was desperate for. Nobody still knows how the table shoots. Also the RAZA sales were crucially diminished by very bad behaviour and broken promises ie lost trust that probably had nothing to do with the game itself. So the nrs. would have been higher without that.

Tell this spooky deeproot polarisation/fairytale your kids that need an easy world to understand. RM does not have to change course bc you say so.

#19532 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Congrats Spooky on building and releasing a company built on 1. Building a great relationship with the community, 2. Starting small and building up, 3. Utilizing real established themes and 4. Not trying to reinvent the entire market with ridiculous pin-this and pin-that but rather delivering what the market today is desparate for - standard form, great shooting, interesting mechs, great code and art. 5. A humble, can-do spirit.

I downvoted because you lost me on Robert is an intelligent and successful man!

#19533 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

RM does not have to change course bc you say so.

It's difficult to change course when falling off a cliff.

#19534 2 years ago

The whole Spooky comparison annoys me. Few if any were interested in Spooky in the beginning. You have to buy their pins based on fomo and whether you can flip for a profit. Little to do with actual gameplay. It's the same LE crap that everyone is doing but hard to argue with success. You can charge more and sell all games in one day. You can make people wait years to get a game and everyone loves it.

#19535 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

The whole Spooky comparison annoys me. Few if any were interested in Spooky in the beginning. You have to buy their pins based on fomo and whether you can flip for a profit. Little to do with actual gameplay. It's the same LE crap that everyone is doing but hard to argue with success. You can charge more and sell all games in one day. You can make people wait years to get a game and everyone loves it.

i didnt buy an AMH because of fomo. i like charlie, and at the time nobody was really using servos in games, and i loved the jump ramp.. and it had been such a long time since we saw a horror themed game (sure we have a new elvira now). I have little interest in playing RAZA even if it happened to be at a show. the theme as well as the layout is such a confusing kludge of ideas. every time I look at it, it reminds me of that rick and morty interdimensional cable movie "two brothers".

2brothers (resized).jpg2brothers (resized).jpg
#19536 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

This is all true. It doesn't mean spooky's games are bad, but it's not ideal practice for consumers. Don't forget that you have to pay to join a club just to have a chance to buy a game. It's very well engineered to drive sales out of FOMO. You should be able to see game play, know the rules, know when you'll get your game, maybe even play the game before you commit to buying.

#19537 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Somehow this post annoys me bc the (pinball) world isnt as simple as described second stating what the market is desperate for.
The RAZA table by accident or not wasnt hidden until 3 days before sale the nrs. were not limited and gameplay footage was available. All spooky did not have but the market desperately craved just look up the forum. It worked spooky bc played smartly with their built trust but hiding the table in that way was not what the market was desperate for. Nobody still knows how the table shoots. Also the RAZA sales were crucially diminished by very bad behaviour and broken promises ie lost trust that probably had nothing to do with the game itself. So the nrs. would have been higher without that.
Tell this spooky deeproot polarisation/fairytale your kids that need an easy world to understand. RM does not have to change course bc you say so.

Guessing you didn’t get your refund?

#19538 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You can make people wait years to get a game and everyone loves it.

Ummmm….. okay.

Pot, meet kettle.

#19539 2 years ago

#19540 2 years ago

Seems that with Spooky, FOMO is before you can actually get in your order. With deeproot, its after you order

I do hope deeproot is eventually able to pull it off and actually deliver some games... but uh... wow is this a depressing comedy so far.

#19541 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

RM does not have to change course bc you say so.

Does RM have a course ?

#19542 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Does RM have a course ?

yes, it's a countdown to self destruct.

#19543 2 years ago

My morning dump felt like the 6th day of DeepRoot.

#19544 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, it's a countdown to self destruct.

Should speed up the count . Maybe with the next update.

#19545 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

Seems that with Spooky, FOMO is before you can actually get in your order. With deeproot, its after you order
I do hope deeproot is eventually able to pull it off and actually deliver some games... but uh... wow is this a depressing comedy so far.

In soviet Russia, FOMO gets YOU!

#19546 2 years ago

Spooky selling out so fast is a recent occurrence. AMH, RZ, AC, and TNA were out and about at shows for a long time before they actually sold out. And now there are just tons of flippers for any limited release game and people have faith in Spooky delivering games in a relatively timely fashion. (Some people fret about having to wait up to 18 months for their game, as if Stern doesn't have year long waiting lists for ordering things like Elvira HOH)

Kinda makes me wonder if AP will do a CE of their next game. If they nail the theme selection, I bet they could sell out in a day or so.

#19547 2 years ago

AP picks terrible themes. Oktoberfest, where's the wish fulfillment? Anybody can go get drunk.... Who cares?

Hot Wheels... Your target demo has sports cars in their garage. They aren't 8 year old boys wishing they had a license.

Any game, movie etc needs to fulfill a fantasy.

#19548 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Spooky selling out so fast is a recent occurrence. AMH, RZ, AC, and TNA were out and about at shows for a long time before they actually sold out. And now there are just tons of flippers for any limited release game and people have faith in Spooky delivering games in a relatively timely fashion. (Some people fret about having to wait up to 18 months for their game, as if Stern doesn't have year long waiting lists for ordering things like Elvira HOH)
Kinda makes me wonder if AP will do a CE of their next game. If they nail the theme selection, I bet they could sell out in a day or so.

AP stated they are going to a two tier model. I believe "Deluxe" is the name of their new higher end model.

#19549 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

AP picks terrible themes.

More than terrible themes, the implementation itself isn't terribly exciting. Every AP game I've played reminded me of Data East games.

#19550 2 years ago

If Stern decided you need join a club to get a game, made you commit to buying the game with no gameplay video, and made you put a deposit on said game for up to 18 months before shipping, pinheads would be ready to storm Chicago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 49.99
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 391 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/391 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.