Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 389 of 672.
#19401 2 years ago

DR : Sucking at Pinball is Easy

#19402 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

DR : Sucking at Pinball is Easy

Not building Pinball is easy

#19403 2 years ago

Flashback to deeproots reveal:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I keep thinking this is an episode of The Office but I don’t recognize these people.

#19404 2 years ago

Good news is that Robert now gets to buy two new playfields instead of one to hang up in the DR office and mock as shitty to his designers

#19405 2 years ago

Easy folks - update should be coming soon, just maybe it will be good news

#19407 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Easy folks - update should be coming soon, just maybe it will be good news

PinPods are almost ready to Ship!?

#19408 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

will be good news

(Existent but) diminishing problems and obstacles!

#19409 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

In retrospect Robert likely wishes he was more diplomatic and generous in his offer to buy Spooky instead of starting deeproot.
Thank goodness Spooky is still independent.

He would have run Spooky into the ground and they'd have released 0 games in the last 5 years instead of 2000.

Success is the best revenge.

#19410 2 years ago

One positive about producing no games is there are no service issues to take care of.

For every DeepCloud there's a Silver Lining.

#19411 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Halloween/Ultraman has more innovative mechs than RAZA
It also did an upper upper (upper) playfield in a standard size cab.
They’ll also probably build most of the 1750 units before deeproot finishes its RAZA run
In retrospect Robert likely wishes he was more diplomatic and generous in his offer to buy Spooky instead of starting deeproot.
Thank goodness Spooky is still independent.

Halloween is interesting looking. Who the heck is Ultraman - is this targeted for a different market?

#19412 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Halloween is interesting looking. Who the heck is Ultraman - is this targeted for a different market?

Is Ultraman like Power Rangers for boomers?

I like the idea of the theme. It’s just kinda amusing to me as a lot of my fellow millennials beg for Power Rangers Pinball. Both are Japanese Kaiju/martial-art shows for children, just different generations.

Either way crushing cardboard buildings in a rubber monster outfit is fun content for pinball

#19413 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Looks like Halloween will be the next game that ships before RAZA.

Looks like Ultraman will also be the next game that ships before RAZA.

#19414 2 years ago

Sometime a ways back on here I asked benheck if he thought he could start plans from scratch for a new machine and get it to ship before RAZA. Should dig that up to see if Spooky managed to actually do just that.

#19415 2 years ago

Halloween/ ultraman look way cooler than RAZA

#19416 2 years ago

So is this game coming out or not? I too have put down a deposit.Does anyone know if this is for sure going to happen or should I get my deposit back?
Thanks
Brian

#19417 2 years ago
Quoted from bmegar:

So is this game coming out or not? I too have put down a deposit.Does anyone know if this is for sure going to happen or should I get my deposit back?
Thanks
Brian

You put a deposit down and haven’t been following either thread or the email updates?? No one knows. Some will tell you to get your money, others to hold out. Totally Up to you. Still appears to be a 50/50 gamble for the time being. Or like 10/90 against if you poll the posters in this thread lol

#19418 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

With todays spooky reveal deeproot looks old and rotten. I clearly expect more dropouts if the next update is not announcing immediate production/smoking quads.

When you’ve lost the Germans, you’ve truly lost Pinside.

They’ve been the most solid block of deep root proponents...and now jumping ship?!

#19419 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is Ultraman like Power Rangers for boomers?

Kinda….it’s after Boomers’ time though, my parents wouldn’t know it. It’s the like the Batman 66 of Power Rangers.

#19420 2 years ago

Still hoping to see some more Texas made pinball someday. In the meantime, congratulations to Spooky Pinball for lapping your competition twice with double new releases (while DR learn to fit the tires properly).

#19421 2 years ago
Quoted from LateCenturyMods:

Still hoping to see some more Texas made pinball someday. In the meantime, congratulations to Spooky Pinball for lapping your competition twice with double new releases (while DR learn to fit the tires properly).

DR is redesigning the wheel.

#19422 2 years ago

Still hoping to see some more Texas made pinball someday.

Plenty of Texas-made pinball happening over at Multimorphic.

#19423 2 years ago

lapping your competition

Ultraman has an old plane toy like RAZA maybe no coincidence.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

most solid block of deep root proponents...and now jumping ship?!

The customer brain at least on a subconscious level can’t understand why spooky is churning out Ultramans with RAZA airplanes while RM is blindly searching his glasses on the floor. Plus it is demoralising for the whole deeproot staff.

I will decide after reading the next update. I want to see spirit and vigour in the next update.

#19424 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Ultraman has an old plane toy like RAZA maybe no coincidence.

The customer brain at least on a subconscious level can’t understand why spooky is churning out Ultramans with RAZA airplanes while RM is blindly searching his glasses on the floor. Plus it is demoralising for the whole deeproot staff.
I will decide after reading the next update. I want to see spirit and vigour in the next update.

Havent you seen enough spirit and vigor. Id be shooting for production line photos or something real. RM words are not real.

Best!

#19425 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

The customer brain at least on a subconscious level can’t understand why spooky is churning out Ultramans with RAZA airplanes

Not sure I follow what you're trying to say.
First picture is the RAZA airplane and the second picture is Ultraman from Spooky. Not even close to matching.
And you may recognise some of the others.
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).png2 (resized).png3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).png6 (resized).png

#19426 2 years ago

I think the more important distinction is that the airplane in Spooky's machine is going inside an actual production Pinball Machine.

#19427 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Like all the other updates they’ve done??

#19428 2 years ago

just watching those two deeproot videos again and the expressions of the guests cracks me up - especially Cary

#19429 2 years ago

Spooky is playing with its food (truck) in comparison to DeepRoot.

Of course, no one will ever play Food Truck.

#19430 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I want to see spirit and vigour in the next update.

It only takes one good marketing twit to project that....emails aren't going to answer that question.

#19431 2 years ago

Any status updates?

A74361E8-4FCC-4BEC-9E76-764EBBBD1EAE (resized).jpegA74361E8-4FCC-4BEC-9E76-764EBBBD1EAE (resized).jpeg
#19432 2 years ago

Thought the thread would be blowing up today. Huh. Maybe tomorrow

#19433 2 years ago

It's legitimately amazing to me how folks can be so optimistic in the face of this situation. The absolute best thing you can say about DR is they are wildly incompetent.

#19434 2 years ago

Spooky punked DR big time. Sure wish i knew the details of the attempted purchase of Spooky. 2 pins, 2 days of sold out pins.

RM, pack it up.

Best!

#19435 2 years ago

FYi, there are some great threads on the new Spooky launch! It’s exciting

Wtf are you guys hanging out here for?

I’m getting a Halloween CE. Way to go Spooky, looks awesome!

#19436 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FYi, there are some great threads on the new Spooky launch! It’s exciting
Wtf are you guys hanging out here for?
I’m getting a Halloween CE. Way to go Spooky, looks awesome!

I keep forgetting which thread Im in, just riffing. Seems Spooky owns the week for now..

#19437 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Spooky punked DR big time. Sure wish i knew the details of the attempted purchase of Spooky. 2 pins, 2 days of sold out pins.
RM, pack it up.
Best!

"When deepRoot is ash... Then, you have my permission to hear the story"

bane (resized).jpgbane (resized).jpg
#19438 2 years ago

I was thinking about the second draw PPP requirements and it occurred to me that the delays could have become intentional at some point. If deeproot the larger company took the second draw PPP payments, then they might want to avoid incoming revenue until the end of the quarter in order to show a revenue decline sufficient enough to make the PPP loans forgivable. In that case, they may have intentionally delayed the games until after the second quarter as the payments for those games could have caused them to lose the PPP money. I suspect that the company that I work for did something similar by deferring contracts until the start of July, so it made me wonder...

That's all speculation, and I don't have any reason to believe that deeproot is on track to make anything... But if they suddenly say they are starting to make/ship games and collect payments this month... Sus.

#19439 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

they may have intentionally delayed

Delaying collecting about 1 million to save 2.5 million is reasonable but where I’m from it’s measured in calendarian years you compare 2020 to 2021 not quarters. If that’s also the case in Texas no games in 2021.

We have for example restaurants here that do not reopen this year to cash in and save more covid money.

#19440 2 years ago

Halloween/Ultraman sells poorly compared to RM. Low traffic in the first 15 minute fomotime (RM was a hot mess). So the time for RM to update has come.

#19441 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Halloween/Ultraman sells poorly compared to RM. Low traffic in the first 15 minute fomotime

Spooky's website has been overwhelmed since opening time this morning and has gone down a couple of times already.

#19442 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Halloween/Ultraman sells poorly compared to RM. Low traffic in the first 15 minute fomotime (RM was a hot mess). So the time for RM to update has come.

really hope you aren't trying to spin that they have sold less than RAZA..because you are painfully very very wrong if so, and it's only been a little over an hour.

#19443 2 years ago

I just heard from my distributor after he had spoken to Spooky. Both Halloween and Ultraman sold out in under 90 minutes.

#19444 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

200.gif200.gif
#19445 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I just heard from my distributor after he had spoken to Spooky. Both Halloween and Ultraman sold out in under an hour.

Yep, looks like both are nearly sold out.

#19446 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yep, looks like both are nearly sold out.

Only a few distributors have some left but I was told Spooky is sold out.

#19447 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Dang, you really hitched yourself to the wrong boat. The Titanic.

What an embarrassment for DR….I mean, another one for the pile.

I’m sure all 1750 new Spooky buyers will have their games before DR ships anything.

#19448 2 years ago

lol @ how bad RAZA and DR are compared to Spooky.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Dang, you really hitched yourself to the wrong boat. The Titanic.
What an embarrassment for DR….I mean, another one for the pile.
I’m sure all 1750 new Spooky buyers will have their games before DR ships anything.

That dude is the king of bad takes

#19449 2 years ago

Look on the bright side, UltraDork is still available as a theme, and it fits DeepRoot to a T.

#19450 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Look on the bright side, UltraDork is still available as a theme, and it fits DeepRoot to a T.

“FailOweenie” is available as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 389 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/389?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.