Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 383 of 672.
#19101 2 years ago

Got a few donations in. Good luck to little dude with his battle with Leukemia. Thanks for organizing Matthew2000tx and giving little man a chance.

#19102 2 years ago

Speaking of cancer do you think John is still in Robert's good graces or were the pathetic RAZA sales a wake up call?

I'm against cancel culture, I believe in 2nd chances. But at some point you have to stop throwing money down a bottomless pit.

#19103 2 years ago

3 or 4 chances used up for Jpop and Deeproot is the money pit champion.

July update not that far away.... message or delay rhetoric will most likely be more of the same as before...

#19104 2 years ago

Speaking of Money Pits....Christ that movie is fucking awful!

We tried watching it early in the pandemic and had to bail after 45 minutes.

Maybe that's the "80s movie license" they have lined up?!

#19105 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm against cancel culture, I believe in 2nd chances. But at some point you have to stop throwing money down a bottomless pit.

Jpop’s employment has nothing to do with “cancel culture”. You’re either good or bad at your job. Jpop isn’t entitled to employment in the pinball biz….he’s bad at his job, and there’s a reason Stern & JJP never hired him. If he’s fired for incompetence, that’s not being cancelled. That’s consequence due to his performance.

#19106 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Jpop’s employment has nothing to do with “cancel culture”. You’re either good or bad at your job. Jpop isn’t entitled to employment in the pinball biz….he’s bad at his job, and there’s a reason Stern & JJP never hired him. If he’s fired for incompetence, that’s not being cancelled. That’s consequence due to his performance.

True. And he's been given SO many chances to redeem himself.

#19107 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Cars in the lot? So they are actually going for it?
Guess the question then becomes... Is there a Game #2? If so, how do the investors react when Food Truck only sells 200 units?

Gremlins #2

#19108 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

True. And he's been given SO many chances to redeem himself.

Yup - probably more than 3 or 4 chances, and he has more baggage than an airport carousel.

#19109 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yup - probably more than 3 or 4 chances, and he has more baggage than an airport carousel.

One of the many things Kaneda is right about is how engineers are the true unsung heroes of pinball. I see this with my CGC game, the skill Pete is bringing to my concepts.

John would be very well suited to a creative director or art director role, but investors don't realize that and expect that he can do everything. Then are shocked when he can't.

I've posited this before but it bears repeating - how many Scott Danesis or Keith Elwins have gone undiscovered because so many rich dudes keep chasing the same purple dragon?

#19110 2 years ago

There's a thread here on Pinside about cryptocurrencies that people buy but don't get anything physical that they can actually touch in return for their investment. Jpop must have his hand in there somewhere.

#19111 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:There's a thread here on Pinside about cryptocurrencies that people buy but don't get anything physical that they can actually touch in return for their investment. Jpop must have his hand in there somewhere.

Ok boomer.

#19112 2 years ago

Be nice. I'm in that thread and I'm a crypto player too.

#19113 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Be nice. I'm in that thread and I'm a crypto player too.

Maybe Deeproot will make some coin.

#19114 2 years ago
zz zerofuckscoin_157027869_808312619764867_8595103742203722285_n 1 (resized).jpgzz zerofuckscoin_157027869_808312619764867_8595103742203722285_n 1 (resized).jpg
#19115 2 years ago

More games than Stern!
No prepayment!
Multiple titles available at launch!
Five Days Of Deeproot!
No preorders!
Ferrari quality at Kia pricing!
Quad manufacturing... no, wait..... OCTO manufacturing!

Man, I sure am looking forward to this sweet, sweet launch.

#19116 2 years ago

They should auction off a choice of a Spot in Line, or a Deposit Refund. Winner's choice.

#19117 2 years ago

I completely forgot about the “5 Days of Deeproot”!

#19118 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Did that ever happen?

#19119 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did that ever happen?

Don't be silly. Nothing Deeproot ever actually happens.

#19120 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

5 Days is simply too much innovation.

I can handle 2. Maybe 3 days of innovation. Tops.

#19121 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

One of the many things Kaneda is right about is how engineers are the true unsung heroes of pinball. I see this with my CGC game, the skill Pete is bringing to my concepts.

5dz41n.gif5dz41n.gif
#19122 2 years ago

There's a PinBar joke in there somewhere...

#19123 2 years ago

What day of DeepRoot are we on again?

#19124 2 years ago

How exactly is it that two other companies (Hagis and Pinball Brothers) that had considerably less millions and time to spend now both have shipping games. Seriously DR put out a single game even if only for posterity’s sake. It shouldn’t be that hard. Hand assemble it in RMs garage if you have to.

#19125 2 years ago
Quoted from BladesOfSteel:

Got a few donations in. Good luck to little dude with his battle with Leukemia. Thanks for organizing Matthew2000tx and giving little man a chance.

Thanks! We reached out to lots of people and Given that DeepRoot HQ is like 3 miles from my house and I know Steve and Barry well I thought I’d ask them the same as I did other companies to support little Gilbert Elijah.

Here are a few photos from the event we held at WhatsBrewing in San Antonio including displaying the Raza PF.

Barry Ousler and Steve Bowden played both DeepRoot people played in the tournament

Pickup from Jpop and Barry at DRPickup from Jpop and Barry at DR

Steve Bowden of DR playing in tournamentSteve Bowden of DR playing in tournament

Barry Oursler of RD playing in the benefit tournament Barry Oursler of RD playing in the benefit tournament

RAZA PF on display RAZA PF on display

Metals on the PF of RAZAMetals on the PF of RAZA

Winners of the Beneift 3 strike the boy in the middle on his dad’s shoulders is Gilbert Elijah the one whom all this is for. He is battling cancer Winners of the Beneift 3 strike the boy in the middle on his dad’s shoulders is Gilbert Elijah the one whom all this is for. He is battling cancer

Other Project Pinball itemsOther Project Pinball items

Gilbert Elijah loves super hero’s so Deadpool made an appearanceGilbert Elijah loves super hero’s so Deadpool made an appearance

#19126 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

This should be changed to 'The five deceptions of Deeproot'

#19127 2 years ago

Holy cow - 2 days with no further posts or updates

#19128 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Holy cow - 2 days with no further posts or updates

I'll spice it up with this fake ad from three years ago. It didn't seem too crazy at the time.
Goonies.pngGoonies.png

#19129 2 years ago

Is this term still used?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#19130 2 years ago

So are we going from 5 days of deeproot, to 5 years of no deeproot?

#19131 2 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

5 decades

#19132 2 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Better than half way there already ...

#19133 2 years ago

What are you doing?

I'm designing a playfield...why?

Well it looks like my daughter's 3rd grade art project, complete with foam core, crayons, and purple glitter. Wait, as a matter of fact THAT IS my daughter's art project!! WTF dude?

Deeproot: we take inspiration seriously (and from anybody).

#19134 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Better than half way there already ...

New theme song maybe ? As you correctly point out they are half way there

#19135 2 years ago

But….

The signed Raza pf sold out of $4k raffles

Upped from $2k due to demand?

I dropped $1k in. And then it went to $4k and that’s great. Raise it again for Gilbert

Jpop is in great demand for a great
Cause. Ben?

#19136 2 years ago

Deleted

#19137 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But….
I dropped $1k in. And then it went to $4k and that’s great. Raise it again for Gilbert
Cause. Ben?

It was published with a goal of $2000 which was reached in good time and it was decided that we could raise more for the Gilbert and his family if we raised it to the normal 200 entries that we do our raffles. All the support is appreciated and sorry for any confusion since the raffle was changed after it began. Thanks.

#19138 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

We published it with to have a goal of $2000 but it was too quickly reached and it was decided that we could raise more for the Gilbert and his family if we raised it to the normal 200 entries that we do our raffles with. And this was done within 25 minutes of it being published, just for the record. Thanks.

I said I’m happy for you guys. For the record I put up $1k to help get there to the $2k and I did it for Gilbert

I received no response regarding the local tournament to help out

For the record, it was NOT done within 25 minutes. It’s not true but doesn’t matter

I’m saying to raise it up again to attract more money with more time left?

I think people would 100% support that?

If we can get another $1k I’ll give up all of my entries

#19139 2 years ago

I miss Robert shit talking about how everybody sucks and he's awesome.

#19140 2 years ago

Big Update coming after 4th of July.

Is the next update just going to be the standard delay response citing problems with UL certification, waiting on parts, waiting on workers, and so on and so forth. Where's all the Octo manufacturing ? Waiting for the Octopus to arrive ?

Can't see them making it through the 5 years of Deeproot to get the first game out the doors. When will they finally throw in the towel - Any good guesses ?

#19141 2 years ago

"We have almost all the parts we need. Only waiting on a few."

#19142 2 years ago

Looks like Spooky Pinball is lapping Deeproot again...

#19143 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Skit B actually made 4 games. Literally some kids in the basement.

DeepRoot?

#19144 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Will be interesting to watch Haggis also. They are finishing up Celts and projected to begin building Fathom some time in July. Indications are for Fathom shipping towards the end of the year.

I still expect Deeproot to push something out the door but if newcomer Haggis beats them it will be another embarrassment.

#19145 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

… it will be another embarrassment.

Can it get any worse for them at this point??

#19146 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I miss Robert shit talking about how everybody sucks and he's awesome.

"Pinball is easy" has to get top billing on his tombstone, as well as the first line of his obit.

#19147 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But….
Cause. Ben?

please don't conflate doing something nice for charity with actual demand for the product. The playfield was almost certainly made by Mirco. How do we know the demand wasn't because people were dying to get their hands on a Mirco product? Well, because the most likely scenario is that people just wanted to do something nice for a good charity. Plus you were actually guaranteed a product and sure, it is kind of a neat wall hanger, but thats where the majority of peoples fascination would end. I mean hell, I'd like a cosmic carnival wall hanger, but I'd be content with just that.

#19148 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

please don't conflate doing something nice for charity with actual demand for the product. The playfield was almost certainly made by Mirco. How do we know the demand wasn't because people were dying to get their hands on a Mirco product? Well, because the most likely scenario is that people just wanted to do something nice for a good charity. Plus you were actually guaranteed a product and sure, it is kind of a neat wall hanger, but thats where the majority of peoples fascination would end. I mean hell, I'd like a cosmic carnival wall hanger, but I'd be content with just that.

Remember... 25 people just ran over each other to spend over 2000 dollars for a toy to stick on top of their pinball machine.

This all just proves there are plenty of rich people in this hobby willing to throw money around.

#19149 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Remember... 25 people just ran over each other to spend over 2000 dollars for a toy to stick on top of their pinball machine.
This all just proves there are plenty of rich people in this hobby willing to throw money around.

oh, no doubt about that!

#19150 2 years ago
zz! 1 hb (resized).pngzz! 1 hb (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 383 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/383?hl=vipervs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.