View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 380 of 672.
#18951 2 years ago

I could build a virtual version, then give it away for free. Would only take me about 2 weeks. But even for free, I don't think anyone would bother with it.

#18952 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Is braggadocio in case of a delivered RAZA allowed here?

<Whispering Announcer Voice on>
The Password is- "Delivered"
<Whispering Announcer Voice off>

#18953 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Never smoked a day in my life either. Pot or otherwise.

That explains a few things.

#18954 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

That explains a few things.

Explain.

#18955 2 years ago

Talk about being rich....look what I brought home today!

IMG_0280 (resized).jpgIMG_0280 (resized).jpg
#18956 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

Good lord! Ted I have a Montecristo No. 2 with your name on it at the next Monster Bash. (2022?!)

#18957 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

Shrink wrapped turds? Is this a hobby?

#18958 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Cuban Tootsie Rolls. The best Tootsie Rolls ever.

#18959 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Look what I brought home today!

I'm afraid that's off topic to this thread . . . unless the tobacco plants that generated those had very deep roots.

#18960 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What the heck?

Those are pure vegan. Nothing but leaves. I thought you'd be all over that!

#18961 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What the heck?

I only smoke broccoli, bro!

#18962 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What the heck?

Any word if Food Truck will have an SLE vegan version?

#18963 2 years ago

So what's the latest on Muller's adventures in pinball is easy wonderland ?

#18964 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Good lord! Ted I have a Montecristo No. 2 with your name on it at the next Monster Bash. (2022?!)

Yay!!!

#18965 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

So what's the latest on Muller's adventures in pinball is easy wonderland ?

His new slogan is "Pinball is hard!"

#18966 2 years ago

I'm actually interested to see food truck. At first it sounded like a really dumb idea but the pinball catalog is full of amazing games with premises that didn't sound appealing at first. I think it could be great, or terrible, or anywhere in between... But I hope they get to it eventually.

#18967 2 years ago

Food truck could be fantastic or it could be terrible. Problem is either way it won’t sell more than 150 games which is not going to cut it. They need a breakout hit of several thousand games. Unless it’s Mandalorian it ain’t gonna be that. Compare in contrast the excitement over remake of Fathom, or that of Alien. It’s just gonna be hard to dig out of this reputational hole they have dug no matter what they make, and especially for an unlicensed theme.

#18968 2 years ago

I’m all about original titles and themes but when I hear the name Magic Girl my brain goes directly to thinking about a dollar store action figurine. Doesn’t come off as a very creative concept.

#18969 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Doesn’t come off as a very creative concept.

Uhhhh…. Food Truck

#18970 2 years ago

I'm guessing part of John's "Kool Aid bamboozlement" was convincing Robert that "original themes can sell, just like in the 90s!" Picture Wormtongue talking to the horse king in LOTR. Like that.

Maybe RAZA shit sales were enough to "wake up" Robert and if he does go for it, have a license game ready after RAZA limos out the door.

#18971 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm guessing part of John's "Kool Aid bamboozlement" was convincing Robert that "original themes can sell, just like in the 90s!" Picture Wormtongue talking to the horse king in LOTR. Like that.
Maybe RAZA shit sales were enough to "wake up" Robert and if he does go for it, have a license game ready after RAZA limos out the door.

Tbh 10 years ago every one was asking for original themes and said they were tired of Sterns movie/rock titles.

Then Dialed In came and suddenly everyone remembered : oh right we want licenses, take our money for an unseen game as long as the theme is nostalgic.

#18972 2 years ago

In case deeproot needs more excuses in their next update
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/unplanned-outages-hit-texas-power-plants-amid-soaring-temperatures-n1270827

"We hope this update finds you well. It's been very hot in Texas this spring, so much so that it's been shutting down the power grid because our state refuses to join the rest of the power grid to offset that load. We have also been told to turn our AC down and well.. quite honestly we just can't focus on work if it's not optimal temperature in the factory, so unfortunately we don't have as much progress as we would have liked."

#18973 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Food truck could be fantastic or it could be terrible. Problem is either way it won’t sell more than 150 games which is not going to cut it. They need a breakout hit of several thousand games. Unless it’s Mandalorian it ain’t gonna be that. Compare in contrast the excitement over remake of Fathom, or that of Alien. It’s just gonna be hard to dig out of this reputational hole they have dug no matter what they make, and especially for an unlicensed theme.

First they have to manufacture the very first copy of their first Title

#18974 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

In case deeproot needs more excuses in their next update
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/unplanned-outages-hit-texas-power-plants-amid-soaring-temperatures-n1270827
"We hope this update finds you well. It's been very hot in Texas this spring, so much so that it's been shutting down the power grid because our state refuses to join the rest of the power grid to offset that load. We have also been told to turn our AC down and well.. quite honestly we just can't focus on work if it's not optimal temperature in the factory, so unfortunately we don't have as much progress as we would have liked."

Have to wait for the new solar panels to be installed.

#18975 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Tbh 10 years ago every one was asking for original themes and said they were tired of Sterns movie/rock titles.

By "everyone" you mean the vocal people on rec.games.pinball who THOUGHT they were the voice of the hobby, but were just a small percentage & not likely to buy new games anyway. Also, that's when new games were $3500. What was Dialed In? $7500-$9500? I love Pat Lawlor's original games like Gofers & Road Show...but I paid ~$2000 for each...If Dialed In was $2k, sure, hook me up...lol

#18976 2 years ago

I'm still clamoring for originals, but as with most things I want to actually try it before I drop 10k on it...and for 10k it better be damn good.

#18977 2 years ago

Dialed in didn't sell that poorly. I was vocal about wanting non licensed themes, and once I heard it was Pat doing one, I walked the walk and bought one, first run.

The issue was that Pat was controlled by Jack's family-friendly presentation rules. This made "Killer App" turn into mom jeans Dialed in.

I still believe a well integrated and designed non licensed theme could sell really well. I wanted to buy Raza, but the gameplay honestly looks flat to me. If they actually do produce it (doubtful) and I find it plays better than it appears to, I'd buy it.

The generic space theme (maybe terraforming Mars?) Would be awesome. There are so many other good untapped examples.

I know I'm in the minority though, and another rehash of some half-baked Lucasfilm dead horse will sell better. *Sigh*

#18978 2 years ago

I thought I heard Pat Lawlor liked family friendly themes. I’ve heard he haaaated doing the Family Guy pin because the vulgarity wasn’t good for location play in his opinion.

#18979 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I thought I heard Pat Lawlor liked family friendly themes. I’ve heard he haaaated doing the Family Guy pin because the vulgarity wasn’t good for location play in his opinion.

The dialed in print manual shows his prototype title and different art. It was killer app, which makes way more sense with the theme and callouts.

#18980 2 years ago

Didn’t know about killer app, I gotta open that giant manual apparently lol. I still think his style is more goofy family games though, although Rudy was kind of crazy I guess. That said, I don’t think in the end DI did all that bad in sales at all and I’m sorry that some people can’t get over the theme because it’s friggn fun to play. Had it a while, and I’m still going to it first

#18981 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Unfortunate way of thinking.

This mindset made me crazy when R&M was being built as an ‘adult’ themed pin and people were complaining about the cussing because they had kids at home…. maybe don’t buy it. I’ve seen exactly ZERO minors playing pinball on location near me.

And if cussing in a pinball machine is what you’re worried about, your priorities are misplaced. When CardiB wins a grammy for a song titled ‘Wet Ass Pussy’ - pinball should be the least of your parental concerns.

#18982 2 years ago

Wet Ass Pinball didn’t test well with youngsters either

#18983 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

According to their website they’ve got The Who lined up so they should be just fine. With titles like Magic Girl, Food Truck, and Merlin’s Rage, it’s a no-brainer for The Who.

#18984 2 years ago

Also RAZA aka Retroactive Zombie Adventureland or whatever the hell it’s called sounds like a desperate attempt to be recognized as a brand that it is not.

#18985 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Unfortunate way of thinking.
This mindset made me crazy when R&M was being built as an ‘adult’ themed pin and people were complaining about the cussing because they had kids at home…. maybe don’t buy it. I’ve seen exactly ZERO minors playing pinball on location near me.
And if cussing in a pinball machine is what you’re worried about, your priorities are misplaced. When CardiB wins a grammy for a song titled ‘Wet Ass Pussy’ - pinball should be the least of your parental concerns.

My 5 year old loves that song

#18986 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

My 5 year old loves that song

They’re probably better at Grand Theft Auto than you too

#18987 2 years ago

DeepRoot Dispatch:

We goofed. Pinball is hard, and JPop is a hot mess. We’re no where near delivering RAZA because we don’t have enough parts. We’re in the dark here. Have been the whole time, actually. If it’s any consolation, Icey’s tech really likes Food Truck. That should give you hope.

#18988 2 years ago

In other news, Stern announces a non-licensed disaster theme: Deeply Screwed. A pinball company shoots it’s mouth off and screws itself at every turn! Against impossible odds, you need to design, source parts, build and ship the game. Good luck! It’s harder than it sounds!

#18989 2 years ago

Read the very first post on page #1 that started this thread. Look how much progress has been made in 3 years.

From that first post : "They are hoping to have their manufacturing facility finalized in the next 2-3 weeks."

"What type of build quality to expect from deeproot (hint: using a car comparison, they want to build a Ferrari and sell it at KIA prices)"

#18990 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Read the very first post on page #1 that started this thread. Look how much progress has been made in 3 years.
From that first post : "They are hoping to have their manufacturing facility finalized in the next 2-3 weeks."
"What type of build quality to expect from deeproot (hint: using a car comparison, they want to build a Ferrari and sell it at KIA prices)"

Also : "- deeproot does not plan to take any pre-order money or deposits for their machines"

#18991 2 years ago

August update

We hope this email finds you well. China kicked out half of the bitcoin miners and they all moved here to texas where power isn't regulated or part of the grid.. But it's also where we have the most issues with generating enough power. Now that we are on an odd day rolling blackout this has reduced our manufacturing capacity in half. We hope to have a better progress update next month. We are considering installing our own wind turbine so we can ensure uninterrupted power. Also we are considering accepting bitcoin.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/15/chinas-bitcoin-miner-exodus-.html

#18992 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The dialed in print manual shows his prototype title and different art. It was killer app, which makes way more sense with the theme and callouts.

I always though Dialed In was a great name for the pin.

#18993 2 years ago

I could see Wind Farm outselling Food Truck.

#18994 2 years ago

If food truck is such an awful theme, can someone explain the popularity of Diner?

#18995 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

If food truck is such an awful theme, can someone explain the popularity of Diner?

It only costs like $2,800 for a decent one.

I like the theme. Doesn’t mean they’ll sell many in 2021 at $7k+

#18996 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It only costs like $2,800 for a decent one.
+

Not according to this guy...

Machine - For Sale
Diner Archived
Fully restored (full original status) - “Hello, Kicking the tires on this idea. I have a fully restored Diner machine. Replaced with leds and playfield off resto and playfield restored including colors. All new plastics,...”
2022-01-03
Weatherford, TX
7,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 618 days
Viewed: 3893 times

#18997 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

It’s become super popular as some kind of bastion of “political incorrectness.” It’s also a fantastic game for countless “home bars” with nostalgia themes.

With Barry O in charge there’s a good chance it’ll fit with the politically incorrect crowd. But how many Mancaves / home bars are crying out for a food truck theme? Doesn’t really seem to fit.

#18998 2 years ago

Meanwhile in the Spooky thread, people are yearning for a Taco Bell pin...."Taco Bell Food Truck" seems like a win/win.

#18999 2 years ago

of course...it might be more churning than yearning.

#19000 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

We are considering installing our own wind turbine so we can ensure uninterrupted power

zzzzz478aa82fd0639a594687462a692037f6 1 (resized).jpgzzzzz478aa82fd0639a594687462a692037f6 1 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 380 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/380?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.