Topic Stats

• 6,834 posts
  • 610 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Fulltilt
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 583 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MindlessForthrightIchthyosaurs-small.gif
Screenshot_2019-12-02  Was I a good section  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
9B2311A4-7233-434D-8449-9E2614ACEE6F (resized).jpeg
therazaskywalker (resized).png
AE8D5588-9DB5-492E-B62E-993DB92626F2 (resized).jpeg
4373D690-C985-44FB-B33F-08CF941A6EA9.gif
3haic3 (resized).jpg
EJ-_92WWoAUVafv (resized).jpg
logical.gif
DEEPROOTING (resized).jpg
IMG_20191122_153501 (resized).jpg
A988E980-96A1-4BC9-BEF2-23FAF96E4600 (resized).jpeg
alice.gif

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6834 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 137.
#1851 1 year ago

All a distributor has to do is form a second company under a different name, and they can sell a brand exclusively under that name. Happens more often than you think in other industries.

#1852 1 year ago

All I'm hoping is that somebody steps up and makes a game about a horny monkey.

If that turns out to be deeproot, then more power to them.

#1853 1 year ago

I'd like to see a game based on WKRP in Cincinnati. I think JPop could contribute well to that one.
Just think about "Turkey Drop multiball"!

wkrp (resized).jpg

#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You could at least assume that they'll try to control that; they did as far as I know in some cases.
Bute widely/ internationally that's not even possible; the distribution network is too thin.

Wouldn’t that be illegal?

#1855 1 year ago

Why don’t they have a Facebook?

#1856 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

That's the 6th day of deeproot, they've created something much better than Facebook.

#1857 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Better things to do with their time?

#1858 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Wouldn’t that be illegal?

Why would it?

You're free to choose your business partners.

It questionable of course, but not illegal.

#1859 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I think that is obvious. I'm sure they will have a Facebook after they have games out and the internet mob focuses on something other than jpop.

#1860 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Its part of the new "Octo-Assembly" process

#1861 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

All I'm hoping is that somebody steps up and makes a game about a horny monkey.

Dude, this could be a perfect retirement project for you (and a great way to get rid of that $212k that’s been weighing you down, if you didn’t already blow it on a FlowRider). Convert the garage into a factory and you’re ready to roll.

#1862 1 year ago

dupe

#1864 1 year ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

Has anyone seen this yet?! Legit?
[quoted image]

Yea it's legit. They talked about it on either a recent podcast or at Expo. They have a bunch of good stuff coming next year!

#1865 1 year ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

Has anyone seen this yet?! Legit?
[quoted image]

I don't think BTTF was ever officially confirmed by deeproot but in any case, I love the style of the artwork. Where the heck did you find that?

I wonder if they were able to get the rights to Michael J. Fox's likeness. The hat obscuring his face would be a pretty novel way of getting around that.

-Doug

#1866 1 year ago
Quoted from halflip87:

I wonder if they were able to get the rights to Michael J. Fox's likeness. The hat obscuring his face would be a pretty novel way of getting around that

It doesn't look like they did.

#1867 1 year ago

This is fake and illicit use of our logo. Our law firm is contacting the authorities for original creator, and any subsequent posters, as this directly impacts our current and future relationships with IP holders.

BTW, It is common knowledge by anyone who has inquired that BTTF is not available to be licensed.

-- Robert, dT

#1868 1 year ago
Quoted from deeproot:

This is fake and illicit use of our logo.

Thanks for quickly squashing this. Now we can get back to speculating on what your upcoming rumored 80's title will be. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with in March.

#1869 1 year ago
Quoted from deeproot:

BTW, It is common knowledge by anyone who has inquired that BTTF is not available to be licensed

Not available because you already have the license?

#1870 1 year ago
Quoted from deeproot:

This is fake and illicit use of our logo. Our law firm is contacting the authorities for original creator, and any subsequent posters, as this directly impacts our current and future relationships with IP holders.

And this is why I think Dead Flip would not dare to fake a Bill & Ted Pinball image with the Stern logo on it.

#1871 1 year ago

https://jovemnerd.com.br/nerdbunker/sdcc-hot-toys-lanca-estatueta-de-marty-mcfly-com-o-delorean/

BED72155-B0FF-42A3-B723-0C14BCB86876 (resized).jpeg

1. Stage a scene with toys.
2. Take photo.
3. Run through some filters

Bam. Pinball art package!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1872 1 year ago

Hmm...I don't know. Has anyone found the above artwork anywhere else online? Creating a custom piece of artwork is a lot of trouble to go though for a fake. I'd be more skeptical if it was something like this (see below). I mean, I'm an idiot with Photoshop and I created that in a few minutes, but it would take some effort to try to create what was posted above.

Deadflip BTTF2 (resized).jpg

EDIT: Previous artwork has been found elsewhere online. I now believe the original post is a more likely then not a fake.

#1873 1 year ago
Quoted from deeproot:

BTW, It is common knowledge by anyone who has inquired that BTTF is not available to be licensed.
-- Robert, dT

Oh man, I was excited you guys had BTTF. Still excited regardless, can't wait for TPF.

#1874 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

And this is why I think Dead Flip would not dare to fake a Bill & Ted Pinball image with the Stern logo on it.

I don't think Stern much care, all talk is good talk as far as they're concerned***, particularly when it's their 'brand ambassador' doing the talking.

*** Unless it's about Spike1/2 boards, splitting cabinets, late & abandoned code, or playfield quality.

#1875 1 year ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Oh man, I was excited you guys had BTTF. Still excited regardless, can't wait for TPF.

If Jeff saw the party leftovers over a freshly aquired license that license will 99,9% not be in the initial launch lineup.

#1876 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I don't think Stern much care, all talk is good talk as far as they're concerned***, particularly when it's their 'brand ambassador' doing the talking.
*** Unless it's about Spike1/2 boards, splitting cabinets, late & abandoned code, or playfield quality.

Please read what Robert wrote.

Yes Stern would allow DF to use their logo, but it's about hurting relations with other business partners just using that logo and slapping it over their intellectual property without asking.

#1877 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Please read what Robert wrote.
Yes Stern would allow DF to use their logo, but it's about hurting relations with other business partners just using that logo and slapping it over their intellectual property without asking.

I did. Most licensors don't give a damn what people cook up re: rumours or fanart, and nor do licensees or potential licensees. It's par for the course and expected.

#1878 1 year ago

...and the "fake" artwork has been taken down.

EDIT: Previous artwork has been found elsewhere online. I now believe the original post is a more likely then not a fake.

#1880 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:Deleted post

lol @ "Deerpoot"

deer (resized).png
#1881 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:Deleted post

When can this be ordered?

#1882 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Hmm...I don't know. Has anyone found the above artwork anywhere else online? Creating a custom piece of artwork is a lot of trouble to go though for a fake. I'd be more skeptical if it was something like this (see below). I mean, I'm an idiot with Photoshop and I created that in a few minutes, but it would take some effort to try to create what was posted above.
[quoted image]

User 1iblind found the BTTF image here. It's a fanart for a never-going-to-be-released 4th movie: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/10yD2

#1883 1 year ago

Deeproot legal team is going to be busier than Planetary's legal team!

#1884 1 year ago

Goonies photoshop job looks to be roughly between 5th and 7th grade level of skill. Pinball trolls need to work a little harder on the next one.

Artwork is from Fanart.tv

Screenshot_20181107-111543_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1885 1 year ago
Quoted from speederice:

User 1iblind found the BTTF image here. It's a fanart for a never-going-to-be-released 4th movie: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/10yD2

Okay, thanks much. I retract my previous comments.

#1886 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Goonies photoshop job looks to be roughly between 5th and 7th grade level of skill. Pinball trolls need to work a little harder on the next one.

Who has time for Photoshop? I did that in five minutes with generic fonts in Microsoft Paint.

#1887 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Artwork is from Fanart.tv

...and it's obviously not from there. You think 5th grade skill could cleanly remove that logo from the artwork? Nice try, smart guy.

#1888 1 year ago

Could deerpoot be the sequel to BBH?

#1889 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

...and it's obviously not from there. You think 5th grade skill could cleanly remove that logo from the artwork? Nice try, smart guy.

Only since I feel bad for falling for it, I'll answer honestly...I have below a 5th grade skill and could quite easily remove (,or trim, or replace) that logo from the original artwork.

#1890 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I have below a 5th grade skill and could quite easily remove (or more likely just trim) that logo from the original artwork.

And then black out all the spaces between letters? Sounds like work! Let's get an actual 5th grader in here and see if he can do it.

I just found an image that already had the logo off to the side. Work smarter, not harder.

#1891 1 year ago

Mostly I just want "deerpoot" to become a thing.

#1892 1 year ago

Given how small the actual image was it wouldn't have been taken all that long, but your way is certainly better. I tried the reverse image search too, but didn't dig too deep into the results to find the clean image.

PS: I finally took down your pop bumper (default champion) on my TNA. I think it might have been the last record to fall.

#1893 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

PS: I finally took down your pop bumper (default champion) on my TNA. I think it might have been the last record to fall.

Nice! Seems like it would be easy with the pop bumper so exposed, but any game where you hit the bumper a lot is usually a short one.

#1894 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Nice! Seems like it would be easy with the pop bumper so exposed, but any game where you hit the bumper a lot is usually a short one.

Yeah, I've actually tried for it specifically in the past, but that didn't work out so well.

#1895 1 year ago

Games I think Deeproot should consider in the future. These are listed in no particular order.

Futurama, Spaceballs, The Big Lebowski, Predator, Alien, Beetlejuice, Rick and Morty.

#1896 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Games I think Deeproot should consider in the future. These are listed in no particular order.
Futurama, Spaceballs, The Big Lebowski, Predator, Alien, Beetlejuice, Rick and Morty.

Song of the South

#1897 1 year ago

Revenge of the Nerds.
"We Have Bush!" multiball.

#1898 1 year ago

Evil Dead deep root scene....

#1899 1 year ago

Which Deeproot themes are real and which are fake?

#1900 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Which Deeproot themes are real and which are fake?

Barbarella and Song of the South are real.

All others are just wistful dreams...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 14.95
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 289.00
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 249.99
Great American Pinball
There are 6834 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 137.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside