View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 376 of 672.
#18751 2 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

[quoted image]

Lol

#18752 2 years ago

I want to comment but I don't have much to say.

Best!

#18753 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It would be good for the buyers if Deeproot can manage to squirt out the RAZAs.
Then John just needs to trick a THIRD person into starting a pinball company to make AIW and finally the Zidware buyers will be made whole!

on my rug.gifon my rug.gif

#18754 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I want to comment but I don't have much to say.
Best!

Me either.

#18755 2 years ago

Well, tomorrow (June 1) is day #1 of first come, first serve refunds. Should be interesting to hear what happens from those who make refund requests. And interesting to find out how many requests will be made.

#18756 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Well, tomorrow (June 1) is day #1 of first come, first serve refunds. Should be interesting to hear what happens from those who make refund requests. And interesting to find out how many requests will be made.

Robert made it clear to an inquiry. "if you want out, you want out." Zidware credits or cash.
Otherwise, it was up to the buyer.

#18757 2 years ago

Dunno, from the other thread I suspect about 2-5 people opt out and recieve refunds and we hear little about it.

There’s a lot of gamblers and a good number of goodwill customers with no reason to jump out now.

#18758 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Dunno, from the other thread I suspect about 2-5 people opt out and recieve refunds and we hear little about it.
There’s a lot of gamblers and a good number of goodwill customers with no reason to jump out now.

What a fucking disaster. And 100% totally self induced.

#18759 2 years ago

If I was in for $500 I’d stay in, like betting on the lottery. Don’t expect to win, but if you do super.

If I was in for $5000 I’d jump out as fast as possible, I could buy a fully functional and shipping Stern for almost that. Then again I invest in Index funds not Bitcoin so there’s that.

And if I was a former Zidware customer I would just keep praying every night to whatever God I worshiped asking that the nightmare end. John is the embodiment of the endless torture in Dante’s Inferno.

#18760 2 years ago

Anyone worried should jump out. We shall see if refunds are given. My bet is only a few and the. Credits.

#18761 2 years ago

$500 I understand why some stay in. I suspect even if something drastic happened like the pinball division got closed to protect the rest of the fund, there would be refunds made of those deposits when the business shuts. So, not a terrible gamble.

The entire business still doesn't make sense to me, and the pinball company has to make money and I've seen no road map for how that's possible. The only question is how long does it go for.

#18762 2 years ago

At this point DR customers are like Leafs fans waiting for a Stanley cup (with pinbar) or even a playoff series win (without pinbar).

#18763 2 years ago

DR is playing with the net empty.

#18764 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

DR is playing with the net empty.

you dont know the half of it.

#18765 2 years ago

I recommend deeproot to hire this bookkeeper guy,
according to his records an expert in supressive fire from the accounting office.

9k=.jpg9k=.jpg
#18766 2 years ago
Quoted from elZilcho:I recommend deeproot to hire this bookkeeper guy,
according to his records an expert in supressive fire from the accounting office.[quoted image]

Probably still pretty safe, deeproot has trouble hitting targets in general.

#18767 2 years ago

Just a few rounds over ther heads to keep em down on the ground and aware. No dozing off !
no harm intended.

#18768 2 years ago
Quoted from elZilcho:

Just a few rounds over ther heads to keep em down on the ground and aware. No dozing off !
no harm intended.

I feel like this would be pinball manufacturing in Russia...or China.

#18769 2 years ago

Dont get me wrong, i like john's style, when zidware was still alive, i inquiered about alice, but lucky me, john never even botherd to respond.
yeah months later when it was obvious shit and fan were closing in.
But obviously he should never be in charge of a company and nether the guys who who follow him all the way.
so henche the joke.
but this guy seriously needs sturdy directions and targets + a brilliant filler team.
if we have that and they deliver raza and a cash cow, i might be in on alice (again)
(Xcuse my english)

(And if you think we are communists, here is some history, when the dutch founded new amsterdam in america now new york, the land was acually puchased by a company, not a king, we were a republic, as far as i now the fist stockmarket in company shares was on a bridge in amsterdam
so if you think we are non humans/communists, piss off )

#18770 2 years ago

Pre-order people may want to ask who is making the Deeproot playfields. It was stated during the Houston showing that Mirco did the prototype playfield. I'm wondering if the Mirco relationship has continued.
I'm assuming it has but I don't know. I'm curious to know too.

#18771 2 years ago

The universe might implode if deeproot actually ships a game..... with pooling and chipping.

#18773 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Pre-order people may want to ask who is making the Deeproot playfields. It was stated during the Houston showing that Mirco did the prototype playfield. I'm wondering if the Mirco relationship has continued.
I'm assuming it has but I don't know. I'm curious to know too.

Lol looks about right

de4a02d4e674e73cf858bf3f678ca741189c53b6 (resized).jpgde4a02d4e674e73cf858bf3f678ca741189c53b6 (resized).jpg
#18775 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

shit...what are the going bets on the next excu- i mean reason for delays.

Not enough refund requests

#18776 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Google Chrome must be spying really well these days, this came up in my YouTube Recommend:

Chrome is basically a virus at this point. God help the company if it's on even one pc connected to a company network with open shares. It will scrape them all.

#18777 2 years ago

Heads up, Robert: David Fix says he'll pick up the phone if you want to talk contract manufacturing for Raza with American Pinball

#18778 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Heads up, Robert: David Fix says he'll pick up the phone if you want to talk contract manufacturing for Raza with American Pinball

Last person I'd want to talk to about anything pinball....

#18779 2 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Last person I'd want to talk to about anything pinball....

Do tell!

#18780 2 years ago

Let's just say he has made quite the reputation for himself in the buffalo area. And that's all I'm going to say.

#18781 2 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Let's just say he has made quite the reputation for himself in the buffalo area. And that's all I'm going to say.

Well, they asked him on the latest pinball news podcast if American would be open to making Robert's game and he said he'd take the call. Said AP has a second line going and factory space for up to five.

Perhaps two toxic reputations could mix together to somehow produce gold via pinball alchemy.

#18782 2 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Oh man, now I really want to hear the dirt. come on

#18783 2 years ago

The pre-order thread is eerily quiet concerning the refund requests that began this past Tuesday. With Deeproots history, could it be a new round of legal contracts and NDA's?

#18784 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The pre-order thread is eerily quiet concerning the refund requests that began this past Tuesday. With Deeproots history, could it be a new round of legal contracts and NDA's?

More likely just silence in self interest, but who knows.
I hope everyone who has the sense to bail out gets their money back with no hassle.

#18785 2 years ago

Anyone who is in for just a 10% deposit will probably just wait it out.
No big money lost if DR goes belly up, and a very rare game if they come through.

#18786 2 years ago

Yeah I think the buy-in right now is so low most will stay in, and I don't really blame them. Most knowingly went in on a gamble

It'll be more interesting when deeproot asks for full payment if the status of manufacturing is still nebulous.

I really don't get the attitude of people who already fully paid, other than they want to make sure they get theirs in case the whole thing falls apart mid-run like most other failed companies. (Course they still have a ways to even get to that point)

#18787 2 years ago

I'd have to check my credit card receipts, but pretty sure I paid in full for an extra edition.... Wishing it was just a small deposit but anyway, gonna hold the line.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah I think the buy-in right now is so low most will stay in, and I don't really blame them. Most knowingly went in on a gamble
It'll be more interesting when deeproot asks for full payment if the status of manufacturing is still nebulous.
I really don't get the attitude of people who already fully paid, other than they want to make sure they get theirs in case the whole thing falls apart mid-run like most other failed companies. (Course they still have a ways to even get to that point)

#18788 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I'd have to check my credit card receipts, but pretty sure I paid in full for an extra edition.... Wishing it was just a small deposit but anyway, gonna hold the line.

I see in the other thread that you changed your mind and asked for a refund. That's probably wise as you can always buy one if they get made and you like it. Though maybe for a higher price.
I'm sure many people will be watching for when you get your refund.

#18789 2 years ago

Not exactly. I saw that I paid in full and asked to be refunded down to the deposit level instead of the paid in full level. There's not great justification to keep $10,770 of my cash for 6+ months. I dont mind waiting, and I dont mind being in for a grand, but I'd rather be waiting with $1k in instead of over $10k.

Quoted from Jvspin:

I see in the other thread that you changed your mind and asked for a refund. That's probably wise as you can always buy one if they get made and you like it. Though maybe for a higher price.
I'm sure many people will be watching for when you get your refund.

#18790 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Yeah if you can afford the gamble why not? (Although I’d argue there are better ways to gamble)

Seems like you’re trying to go down to deposit only which seems like a decent way to hedge your bet. Hopefully they let you because it seems reasonable considering the delays and the lack of meaningful progress shown thus far.

You’ll probably go to the back of the line, but at this point I think they either make all the games or none at all.

#18791 2 years ago

I'm fine with being at the back of the line. I have space issues anyway and a couple pins pending shipment right now. I thought it was a reasonable request and a $1k gamble is nothing. A $10k gamble is less fun when it's on a pinball machine. I do think they'll get out the 100 Raza's and if I'm wrong, then $AMC paid for a few RAZAs for me yesterday and I'll just move on and play my pins.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah if you can afford the gamble why not? (Although I’d argue there are better ways to gamble)
Seems like you’re trying to go down to deposit only which seems like a decent way to hedge your bet. Hopefully they let you because it seems reasonable considering the delays and the lack of meaningful progress shown thus far.
You’ll probably go to the back of the line, but at this point I think they either make all the games or none at all.

#18792 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Not exactly. I saw that I paid in full and asked to be refunded down to the deposit level instead of the paid in full level. There's not great justification to keep $10,770 of my cash for 6+ months. I dont mind waiting, and I dont mind being in for a grand, but I'd rather be waiting with $1k in instead of over $10k.

I'd be interested in hearing what kind of response you get. I think your request is completely reasonable.

#18793 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

deeproot is a sham you all
my epeen is muy largo
nothing more to say today
*fixed when I realized, I must have been on drugs.

An ego the size of Texas
Does not a pinball make
And Gary smiles

#18794 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:Smackdown! RAW VS RAZA!

Almost as big a mismatch as NJ vs. RI!

#18795 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Anyone who is in for just a 10% deposit will probably just wait it out.
No big money lost if DR goes belly up, and a very rare game if they come through.

Pretty sure everyone with money down is an adult that can make their own decisions on what to do with their money. You pretty much knew what you were in for when you put money down.

#18796 2 years ago
Quoted from elZilcho:

Dont get me wrong, i like john's style, when zidware was still alive, i inquiered about alice, but lucky me, john never even botherd to respond.
yeah months later when it was obvious shit and fan were closing in.
But obviously he should never be in charge of a company and nether the guys who who follow him all the way.
so henche the joke.
but this guy seriously needs sturdy directions and targets + a brilliant filler team.
if we have that and they deliver raza and a cash cow, i might be in on alice (again)
(Xcuse my english)
(And if you think we are communists, here is some history, when the dutch founded new amsterdam in america now new york, the land was acually puchased by a company, not a king, we were a republic, as far as i now the fist stockmarket in company shares was on a bridge in amsterdam
so if you think we are non humans/communists, piss off )

Don’t sweat it. Most “capitalists” in the US don’t really know what it means.

#18797 2 years ago

You guys are running out of good creative material while we all wait here!

I am going to try and go by early next week to take a few pics of the parking lot for you guys.

Should provide some excellent fodder and get the creative juices flowing again!

#18798 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I think that was bound to happen given how long the wait has been.

#18799 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I am going to try and go by early next week to take a few pics of the parking lot for you guys.
Should provide some excellent fodder and get the creative juices flowing again!

Just ring the bell and ask to go in..

#18800 2 years ago

While he is there he should volunteer to help them build one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 376 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/376?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.