View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 373 of 672.
#18601 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yes I’ve read up on it and it reminds me of me

You might be insulting yourself here. If Jpop reminds you of yourself, does that mean you're an aloof scammer? If RM reminds you of yourself, are you bloated ego narcissist?

Quoted from Kkoss24:

I was going nowhere young and when the light clicked on I was motivated .Motivated to the point where I wouldn’t accept failure .

This doesn't sound like either of these people at all. There's a different between being motivated & being delusional (while harming others in the process).

Quoted from Kkoss24:

No I’ve never even thought of scamming people but this dude (JPOP) has designed some all time greats and some that could have been

The key part of his story is that he worked for Bally Williams, a manufacturing company that had teams of managers, accountants, engineers, artists, marketing teams, etc...mass produced pinball ONLY works as a huge collaborative effort. He has such an ego, he never absorbed this...which has led us to where we are now.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Look I feel bad for those that were burned and I do not know much about Robert but what I do know is there’s a lot put into this company

A lot of what? Money and words? Don't be fooled by rich people and their words. Always remember the phrase: "Show me, don't tell me".

Quoted from Kkoss24:

If they just get this RAZA out and push forward we will have a new style of pinball to chose from

There have been plenty of "new styles" of pinball. The market shows people just want pinball pinball. If you're really hankering for something "new", get yourself a Revenge from Mars. Played mine last nite...friggin' animated holograms you can hit with the ball! AWESOME! ...cue people telling us how much it sucks lol...there's also Multimorphic P3, a totally new style of pinball. Available now. Go get one. RAZA isn't really that "new"...it's "just a game" with an iPad glued to it. Ask yourself - what sounds more satisfying as a pinball experience: Hitting a target/scoop/combo and getting the feedback of a reward, or looking down at an iPad and pressing a screen to get a reward? It's a horrible idea that only someone who truly doesn't understand pinball would create.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

That would spread sales out and force everyone to up theyre game

Stern sales have proven the market doesn't care about "upping the game"...they just want fun games with themes they love. Period.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Am i nuts or does this babe sense ?

....um...well...lol

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Lmao need to sleep “make sense”

You can edit your posts, bruh!

#18602 2 years ago

I have this feeling RMs next post will be asking customers if they want a discount to exclude The Pinbar. Then there will be 4 editions of the machine. Arcade & Arcade Slim, Extra & Extra Slim

#18603 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

To me the most interesting part of this story yet to play out is that there seems not to be a single leak internally from those who remain. For a company seemingly imploding that in itself is an achievement.

If paychecks are still coming, that accomplishes a lot.

#18604 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I have this feeling RMs next post will be asking customers if they want a discount to exclude The Pinbar. Then there will be 4 editions of the machine. Arcade & Arcade Slim, Extra & Extra Slim

They certainly don’t need to make things more complicated than they already have with multiple SKUs and more parts to source and manage. It’d probably take a different cabinet all together. And that’s without getting into all the software work they’d need to change a system designed around touch screen input. It’d be more testing and now two code bases to manage. Just for a couple dozen units, unless the pinbar becomes optional on all future games

Although Robert might not think of all the implications of taking it out. He said they spent a lot of resources on taking it out for that Houston show (why again?). But that was a prototype running off a laptop that didn’t need stuff like a service menu GUI with buttons inside the cabinet door. (Maybe they’d just stick a USB keyboard inside the cab?)

I heard Cary say someone told him that the pinbar was the main issue for hold ups. But maybe they should stick it out? It at least does distinguish their product and some of the preorder people seem fine waiting however long. At least don’t make it optional. Either they all get it or scrap the concept till they’re ready to ship a game with it. They have enough stuff to worry about without making further complications.

#18605 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If paychecks are still coming, that accomplishes a lot.

Or...if paychecks are owed...that's incentive to keep quiet, too. "Zip it or you'll never get the pay you're owed".

#18606 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There have been plenty of "new styles" of pinball. The market shows people just want pinball pinball. If you're really hankering for something "new", get yourself a Revenge from Mars. Played mine last nite...friggin' animated holograms you can hit with the ball! AWESOME! ...cue people telling us how much it sucks lol...there's also Multimorphic P3, a totally new style of pinball.

or go get an Orbitor 1 or a Hyperball or ...

#18607 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Or...if paychecks are owed...that's incentive to keep quiet, too. "Zip it or you'll never get the pay you're owed".

I know that's a real possibility, and.... yikes.

Again, I'm basing this on the reality of trying to launch a profitable business and not this weirdness of endless fund raising.

#18608 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So please tell me why you would try to slam a company that is giving us another option in this great,great hobby ?

Because we weren’t born yesterday.

#18609 2 years ago

Deleted

#18610 2 years ago

Have a hard time believing even such a bad manager as Robert would want to do that. Maybe More likely it’s ‘pinbar gone. Discounts to be issued’ .. ?

#18611 2 years ago

Nah, they will announce an even more revolutionary feature called PhoneBar TM. Ya see they give you a DR branded suction cup to put on the back of your phone, you stick it to the lock bar and you open your browser to Deeproot. Interactive to the max, can even take phone calls. And you know what else ? With every RAZA delivered John will FaceTime you on PhoneBar while you are playing and give you pointers. There will of course be a tip button on the side of the screen if you appreciate his advice which will cause another Starbucks latte to be delivered instantly to him. Gotta incentivize the employees.

#18612 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Of course I live in Houston. Enron was one of the best places you could work in the entire area. Are you saying Deeproot is cooking the books, ripping off investors, and the like? That's exactly my point. Everyone is ripping DR apart making wild accusations without a clue on what is really going on. Like, how do you know they don't have any plans for assembly? Oh right, parking lot car count. Of course there are red flags. What pinball startup didn't have red flags? It's always a risk buying the first game from a startup.

3 years later mil

Nope they are just going to release the black hole version, the one that engulfed everyone's money.

#18613 2 years ago

Next game?
22FE012E-892F-484F-BFB0-8DD90BB1C7A8 (resized).jpeg22FE012E-892F-484F-BFB0-8DD90BB1C7A8 (resized).jpeg

#18614 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

3 years later mil

Nope they are just going to release the black hole version, the one that engulfed everyone's money.

Things are different now that they have actually taken customer money. I do find it hard to believe that their plan all along was to hire a bunch of people, develop this pin, collect a bit of money, and then do absolutely nothing. Still, strange they cannot hand build at least a few games to keep people from bailing out. If you could build 2-3 games a week, you would fulfill all orders in a year.

#18615 2 years ago

Where are they getting the cash to hand out refunds? Is that what DR got the PPP money for?

#18616 2 years ago

#18617 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Things are different now that they have actually taken customer money. I do find it hard to believe that their plan all along was to hire a bunch of people, develop this pin, collect a bit of money, and then do absolutely nothing. Still, strange they cannot hand build at least a few games to keep people from bailing out. If you could build 2-3 games a week, you would fulfill all orders in a year.

I agree, I don't think it was ever intended to be a swindle. I think Robert truly believed he was going to pull off this impossible dream. "we're going to ship more games in 2019 than every other manufacturer combined" was when it was certain he was delusional. He won't take off the pinbar for the very same reason. The pinbar is his brainchild and I'm sure he thinks its the greatest idea anyone has had in pinball since the flipper.

That said, is it possible it will turn into a swindle? Sure, thats certainly possible. It may even be unintentional, where they reach the point of no return, declare bankruptcy and go out of business, taking whatever deposit money that wasn't refunded with them. I'm not saying thats what will happen, but its certainly a good enough chance that if I was dumb enough to ignore the countless red flags before, I'd certainly take my money now while I still could and get out.

#18618 2 years ago

I am going to pass this off "as take it for what it's worth."

This is direct information out of Texas, not 2nd or 3rd hand. There will be no disclosure of who or whom.

The delays are all parts issues. Assembly cannot be set up without vital mechanisms and peripherals on hand.

Pinbar might be on the chopping block.

12 to 16 more weeks of darkness and then Deeproot will have machines ready for market shortly thereafter.

RAZA will be built.

#18619 2 years ago

I was guessing September out of my butt and it may turn out that way.

#18620 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Yikes… go back to their prior quotes on how long they spent coding the demo to work without pinbar…. And to have to revisit that again?? Oh boy

#18621 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I was guessing September out of my butt and it may turn out that way.

A fortuneteller butt!
Lucky asshole!

#18622 2 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

A fortuneteller butt!
Lucky asshole!

Interesting emoji choice after talking about my butt

#18623 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Interesting emoji choice after talking about my butt

#18624 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yikes… go back to their prior quotes on how long they spent coding the demo to work without pinbar…. And to have to revisit that again?? Oh boy

And probably would have to redo the cabinet and lifting glass system.

If they're going to start cutting things, go all the way back to a normal WPC cabinet (with crouch speakers)

#18625 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am going to pass this off "as take it for what it's worth."
This is direct information out of Texas, not 2nd or 3rd hand. There will be no disclosure of who or whom.
The delays are all parts issues. Assembly cannot be set up without vital mechanisms and peripherals on hand.
12 to 16 more weeks of darkness and then Deeproot will have machines ready for market shortly thereafter.
RAZA will be built.

pinbar should have been on the chopping block ages ago

#18626 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am going to pass this off "as take it for what it's worth." ...The delays are all parts issues. Assembly cannot be set up without vital mechanisms and peripherals on hand...

Still...some pictures of *SOMETHING* RAZA being put together would help.

The vacuum DR is surrounding itself with is just adding fuel to fire.

#18627 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

The vacuum DR is surrounding itself with is just adding fuel to fire.

Maybe "implosion" works better with "vacuum" than the "fuel to fire" idiom?

#18629 2 years ago

Doesn't surprise me about the PinBar. As many have said on here the stamping and cutting required for that thing would pretty daunting. I also believe the improved curved one they showed was probably a custom one-off fabrication, pay a welder big bucks to extend a regular lockdown bar then jig and laser cut the hole.

Still not worth it for such a short run UNLESS game #2 is ready to go right onto the line.

#18630 2 years ago

No Pinbar, no peace!
No Pinbar, no peace!

#18631 2 years ago

WHERE IS THE PINBAR???

#18632 2 years ago

pinbargate! But does it move?? We know how everyone feels about stationary objects on pinball machines after the Mando reveal

#18633 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

WHERE IS THE PINBAR???

Next to the PinBrothel, about a block from the PinLiquor Store. My PinDealer was trying to score me some PinBlow to go with my PinCrack and PinMeth, but he was only able to score some PinSmack before the PinCops busted him for PinPossesion.

#18634 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Next to the PinBrothel, about a block from the PinLiquor Store. My PinDealer was trying to score me some PinBlow to go with my PinCrack and PinMeth, but he was only able to score some PinSmack before the PinCops busted him for PinPossesion.

Then you posted it all on PinTerest.

For the record, I like the idea of couch speakers. Put thr prompts and callouts closer to the player. If the games get made I bet people like that feature.

#18635 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Let's assume worst case scenario of 4 months, that takes us END of September, and that's probably just 100% of the parts coming in (add at least another week to inspect parts to ensure they meet print). So we're into October, I'm guessing production won't ramp up very quickly so even the early buyers in line may not see their game until Christmas (a full year after deposits).

#18636 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Did they send him to the State Pinitentiary

#18637 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Let's assume worst case scenario of 4 months, that takes us END of September, and that's probably just 100% of the parts coming in (add at least another week to inspect parts to ensure they meet print). So we're into October, I'm guessing production won't ramp up very quickly so even the early buyers in line may not see their game until Christmas (a full year after deposits).

That is about what I too concluded after my conversation.

#18638 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

That works for me.

Like Vdoj said, “Raza will be built”

It’s gonna be a long summer and fall. Should be fun times.

Man I missed you guys!!!

#18639 2 years ago

The Iceman Come Backeth!

#18640 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Called it

#18641 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That works for me.
Like Vdoj said, “Raza will be built”
It’s gonna be a long summer and fall. Should be fun times.
Man I missed you guys!!!

For once I can 100% back you.

#18642 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The Iceman Come Backeth!

Mr Heckendorn!!! I missed you guys

It’s been a no pinball zone for too long for me

Back on my pins. Missed em

And the occasional adult beverage too

#18643 2 years ago

So if they sell people a Raza with PinBar and then decide to get rid of PinBar (and whatever else) do they need to first check with their buyers to see if the buyers still want in? I know jjp scrapped the three potc disks but believe they did that before taking orders.

#18644 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

So if they sell people a Raza with PinBar and then decide to get rid of PinBar (and whatever else) do they need to first check with their buyers to see if the buyers still want in? I know jjp scrapped the three potc disks but believe they did that before taking orders.

Why? I don’t think anyone cares if they take it out or not. I don’t.

More confusing than anything else

Let em figure it out on future pins

#18645 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let em figure it out on future pins

Because maybe some people who placed orders did because they liked the PinBar? Dr has made a big deal about it as their primary innovation and something fundamental to the deeproot difference + how players play the game, so it's not like it was an extra pop bumper or something to the Raza package

#18646 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Seems like the guys in the pre-order thread agree with this too.

If actual pre-order buyers don't give a shit about pinbar, it's just further proof of how stupid it was to try to implement it in the first place. How much time, money and resources were wasted on this cutting edge technology that nobody gave a shit about?

#18647 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Because maybe some people who placed orders did because they liked the PinBar? Dr has made a big deal about it as their primary innovation and something fundamental to the deeproot difference + how players play the game, so it's not like it was an extra pop bumper or something to the Raza package

No big deal

#18648 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seems like the guys in the pre-order thread agree with this too.
If actual pre-order buyers don't give a shit about pinbar, it's just further proof of how stupid it was to try to implement it in the first place. How much time, money and resources were wasted on this cutting edge technology that nobody gave a shit about?

Exactly. I think it was really stupid. Get a few games out and then roll it in

I stayed in because of my local buddies review on how good he thought it was without any bias one way or the other. Pinbar meant nothing

He has hours on the pin

Just get the game out! It’s coming down the road

#18649 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Maybe "implosion" works better with "vacuum" than the "fuel to fire" idiom?

I was trying to be diplomatic.

#18650 2 years ago

If I had preordered and we’re at July and rm says no pinbar, I’d expect a discount at least? Highly unlikely, but seems reasonable given first the BS of shipping in Feb when they weren’t ready at all, and then dropping parts out of th build (regardless of how desired or undesired it was).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 373 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/373?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.