• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 368 of 669.
#18351 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wait...you're Irish?

I realize "drunken Irish asshole" is pretty redundant...

#18352 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No no, tomorrow is officially mid-May, and + some hours if you count that there are 31 days. The question is, how many days/months past that until we hear something?

Robert didn't say which May...

#18353 2 years ago

No surprise that Mid-May is and was a vague deadline. IMO, beginning today and running until next Friday could fairly be considered Mid May.
Even then I'm sure Deeproot would argue that "mid-month" is everything between the 1st and last day.

And don't forget their last deadline was promised for the end of March and they posted it on April 1.

#18354 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm sure many have said it already, but pinball is a manufacturing business first and foremost. It might not be the most glamorous aspect, but if you don't have the manufacturing, you don't have a pinball company.

Whizbang Pinball created Whoa Nellie without a production line.
The company is tiny and has a strong relationship with Stern.
DR has neither of those things.

#18355 2 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

Whizbang was first and foremost a design firm. They never attempted or positioned themselves as a manufacturer.

Big difference...

#18356 2 years ago

Seems like this was posted a lifetime ago.

DA8A4673-8F4B-4D4E-B62B-4A90AD2A6AA6 (resized).jpegDA8A4673-8F4B-4D4E-B62B-4A90AD2A6AA6 (resized).jpeg
#18357 2 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

Whizbang Pinball created Whoa Nellie without a production line

From memory, they originally converted 3 old Continental Cafe EMs into the original Whoa Nellies in their home garage.

The production machines were all made by Stern.

Converting a few machines is pretty easy (I’ve done it ..). Making 100s is very hard.

rd

#18358 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Seems like this was posted a lifetime ago.[quoted image]

Did Jody ever say you're welcome? Poor manners if not

#18359 2 years ago

FWIW , for ALL of the crazy stupid that is Deeproot, they have more or less kept up with communications since taking people's money (6 months or so ago now!).

They have not gone super secret radio silence, and their communications usually contain some really surprising bits. So good job there I guess.

And given all the crazy stupid, it is easy to lose sight of Robert and JPoP being true pinheads. They are a lot of other things (none of which include being rockstar pinball manufacturers). As noted earlier the stuff they care about seems to be the stuff us crazy pinheads in theory care about. Art, rules, custom themes etc... shame they seem to have so many personality quirks that they have let their pure pinball passion get in the way of delivering a viable pinball manufacturing business to date.

#18360 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

And given all the crazy stupid, it is easy to lose sight of Robert and JPoP being true pinheads.

Who am I to argue.

0E108BE3-412E-4AF6-8DD6-DD5C173D1B4F (resized).jpeg0E108BE3-412E-4AF6-8DD6-DD5C173D1B4F (resized).jpeg
#18361 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

FWIW , for ALL of the crazy stupid that is Deeproot, they have more or less kept up with communications since taking people's money (6 months or so ago now!).

They have not gone super secret radio silence, and their communications usually contain some really surprising bits. So good job there I guess.

In an ironic twist, the Pre Order thread right now is getting a little frothy concerning the lack of updates and transparency.

#18362 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

In an ironic twist, the Pre Order thread right now is getting a little frothy concerning the lack of updates and transparency.

I would state it as “the natives are getting restless”. I’m waiting for the true believers to start beating up on those whose faith is being tested.

#18363 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If only there were a thread with over 18,000 posts, to serve as a warning...

#18364 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#18365 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#18366 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If only there were a thread with over 18,000 posts, to serve as a warning...

You are way off base here

By more than 24,000 posts. Combined total of 42,000 posts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread……………mg-raza-and-aiw…

#18367 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

And given all the crazy stupid, it is easy to lose sight of Robert and JPoP being true pinheads. They are a lot of other things (none of which include being rockstar pinball manufacturers). As noted earlier the stuff they care about seems to be the stuff us crazy pinheads in theory care about. Art, rules, custom themes etc... shame they seem to have so many personality quirks that they have let their pure pinball passion get in the way of delivering a viable pinball manufacturing business to date.

You lost me at FWIW

#18368 2 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

deeproot is extremely confident that they will be a very successful pinball manufacturer. The interview will make some in the pinball community angry, some won’t believe anything deeproot says, and some will be skeptical but quietly hopeful/excited. Stay tuned!
[quoted image]

This was a Deep-rooted statement from 3 years ago. I am still in the " some won't believe anything deep-rooted says" part of the pinball population.

#18369 2 years ago

@ Woodworker - funny pictures. But there aren't any owners as nobody has a game.
They are more like refugees for lack of a better term.

#18370 2 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

Whizbang had Bryan_Kelly who founded 6-pack manufacturing.

WN_Team_October2011WN_Team_October2011

#18371 2 years ago

Any day now... I say by end of May until we get the next 6-week delay letter. I’m calling it.

#18372 2 years ago

Six weeks is the new two weeks.

#18373 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

This was a Deep-rooted statement from 3 years ago. I am still in the " some won't believe anything deep-rooted says" part of the pinball population.

DeepRoot should just change their name to StayTuned!

#18374 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Any day now... I say by end of May until we get the next 6-week delay letter. I’m calling it.

Robert will click "Send" at 11:59 Pm May 31st.

#18375 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

No surprise that Mid-May is and was a vague deadline. IMO, beginning today and running until next Friday could fairly be considered Mid May.
Even then I'm sure Deeproot would argue that "mid-month" is everything between the 1st and last day.
And don't forget their last deadline was promised for the end of March and they posted it on April 1.

#18376 2 years ago

Any news

#18377 2 years ago

Even if they produce the game I wouldn't touch it. Imagine trying to get parts for it or customer service!

#18378 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Even if they produce the game I wouldn't touch it. Imagine trying to get parts for it or customer service!

But that rarity of parts will just make the value skyrocket!

#18379 2 years ago

I wonder what's the latest on this doozy of a promotion

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 11.33.37 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-05-16 at 11.33.37 AM (resized).png
#18380 2 years ago

Doesn’t this all feel like some bad Scooby Doo episode ? I mean I half expect at some point for us to drive the Mystery Machine down to DR headquarters, corner John and have him pull off a face mask to reveal he’s actually Ben Heck, or Gary Stern, or Jersey Jack trolling us all this time. They would have gotten away with it too if it hadn’t been for us meddling kids.

148D12F9-8AD4-4A66-8792-5C40633A6219.gif148D12F9-8AD4-4A66-8792-5C40633A6219.gif
#18381 2 years ago
8a16ebf54917c3db3eb06dda9f832421.jpg8a16ebf54917c3db3eb06dda9f832421.jpg
#18382 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I wonder what's the latest on this doozy of a promotion
[quoted image]

Reasonable restrictions reply - the whole contest seems a bit unreasonable if you are having trouble moving 100 games.

And I like how RM got top billing over the other designers; that is classic!

#18383 2 years ago

What's JPOP's obsession with coming inside your home?

#18384 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Probably digging through seat cushions for loose change

#18385 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

He found out I still have some crack rocks lost in my carpet?

#18386 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

My wife has purple nail polish....

#18387 2 years ago

Same as 3 years ago... nada... nothing.

#18388 2 years ago

I believe it’s officially ‘mid-may’ now. Wonder how long it’ll be ‘till the next update?

#18389 2 years ago

Checking in and seeing if there was an update. Looking to be nonewhatsoever . DeepRoot just needs to hit the flush button and be done.
I do hope the people who are owed a game get theirs so they can put this debacle behind.

#18390 2 years ago

Was there a flush lever on the pinbar ? I don't remember that.

#18392 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I believe it’s officially ‘mid-may’ now. Wonder how long it’ll be ‘till the next update?

Calendars: the ultimate external expectation.

#18393 2 years ago

Dear RAZA Customer:
First, I want to wish the amazing Mr. Bowden a very happy birthday. I'm honored he has decided to spend the occasion at work writing up more cool tips for his FunwithBonus.com website. It was nice to catch up with him this morning about RAZA.
While it has been six weeks since our last update, we wish there was more to update on. We are dealing with the same issues most other small and large businesses are. That is, still struggling with some vendors over supply chain and deliveries, unable to hire staff because of labor shortages, and dealing with inflationary increases in parts since we have not been able to execute quick enough. We come in every day and are chipping away at the diminishing obstacles to shipping our first RAZAs.
We want to keep communication open. However, it seems sometimes that these periodic updates don't convey the progress that is happening, nor does it solve the real goal of delivering games. At this point we do not expect to send another mass update about RAZA until after the July 4th weekend.
In the mean time, if some RAZA customers wish to rescind their contracts and request their payments back, we will offer those on a first-come, first serve basis starting June 1, 2021. You can reply to this email or use our online contact form on our website. Please include your name, order number, and a request to rescind the RAZA Purchase Contract. Once accepted, your request is irrevocable.
For those waiting on the wait list, please again do not contact us to check on if you have a machine or not. We will do our best to fill as many requests as we can from the rescinded machines, in order on the wait list, at the end of the RAZA run. Since the list has grown from the last mass email, we cannot guarantee to be able to accommodate everyone.
Best!
-Robert J. Mueller, Principal
deeproot Pinball

#18394 2 years ago

let's get this party started

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#18395 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Dear RAZA Customer:
First, I want to wish the amazing Mr. Bowden a very happy birthday. I'm honored he has decided to spend the occasion at work writing up more cool tips for his FunwithBonus.com website. It was nice to catch up with him this morning about RAZA.
While it has been six weeks since our last update, we wish there was more to update on. We are dealing with the same issues most other small and large businesses are. That is, still struggling with some vendors over supply chain and deliveries, unable to hire staff because of labor shortages, and dealing with inflationary increases in parts since we have not been able to execute quick enough. We come in every day and are chipping away at the diminishing obstacles to shipping our first RAZAs.
We want to keep communication open. However, it seems sometimes that these periodic updates don't convey the progress that is happening, nor does it solve the real goal of delivering games. At this point we do not expect to send another mass update about RAZA until after the July 4th weekend.
In the mean time, if some RAZA customers wish to rescind their contracts and request their payments back, we will offer those on a first-come, first serve basis starting June 1, 2021. You can reply to this email or use our online contact form on our website. Please include your name, order number, and a request to rescind the RAZA Purchase Contract. Once accepted, your request is irrevocable.
For those waiting on the wait list, please again do not contact us to check on if you have a machine or not. We will do our best to fill as many requests as we can from the rescinded machines, in order on the wait list, at the end of the RAZA run. Since the list has grown from the last mass email, we cannot guarantee to be able to accommodate everyone.
Best!
-Robert J. Mueller, Principal
deeproot Pinball

FOMO at its finest

#18396 2 years ago

4kb6cv (resized).jpg4kb6cv (resized).jpg

#18397 2 years ago

T-Minus 48 days....

#18398 2 years ago

So that's two comuniques from Deeproot that are practically begging the preorder people to take a refund!?

He really does not want to build these games.
That's crystal clear, right?

#18399 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

So that's two comuniques from Deeproot that are practically begging the preorder people to take a refund!?
He really does not want to build these games.
That's crystal clear, right?

The people he's begging to ask for refunds are the exact same people least likely to request them: Those insane enough to send money, sign an NDA and release for future buffoonery....

This tactic is just going to make these people more entrenched. At some point he's going to have to force people to accept non-negotiable refunds.

#18400 2 years ago

“Labor shortages” = we can’t afford to pay fair wages to workers in the factory that doesn’t exist.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 368 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/368?hl=vipervs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.