4 (resized).jpeg
200.gif
DR AC (resized).jpg
3m2p7l (resized).jpg
MEME-YNOTBOTH (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 10.11.47 AM (resized).png
goggles cant see interest (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18345 posts in this topic. You are on page 363 of 367.
#18101 11 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I heard they need to get the 4 week delay announced first, then they can get the six week delay announcement scheduled

That’s true, but unfortunately they also realized that the 4 week delay needs reinventing, so it will be delayed as well.

#18102 11 days ago

There’s a podcast I frequent called “How I Built This”. In their own words: The show features innovators, entrepreneurs, idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built.

I suspect an invitation will not be forthcoming for DR.

#18103 11 days ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

That’s true, but unfortunately they also realized that the 4 week delay needs reinventing, so it will be delayed as well.

And then it will need to be delayed again, so that they can get it trademarked.

#18104 11 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

And then it will need to be delayed again, so that they can get it trademarked.

And UL tested.

#18105 11 days ago

100% have to have the ul certification done in the next update, right? I mean, there's no earthly way that in May 2021 Robert can report back to his customers they are still haven't been able to accomplish that, right?

Right?

#18106 11 days ago

Problem with CE/UL testing is it’s not just as simple as testing, if you fail (usually on emissions) you need to fix that problem which is not always easy. They will be sticking ferrite beads and copper foil everywhere no doubt if having issues and hopefully using half decent psu which does not shit out all sorts of emissions. And hopefully taking a page from sterns book and minimising internal mains wiring.

#18107 11 days ago
Quoted from spinal:

Any news on when the next 6 week delay will be announced?

The delay announcement has been postponed.

#18108 11 days ago
Quoted from spinal:

Any news on when the next 6 week delay will be announced?

The delay announcement has been postponed to mid-May.

#18109 11 days ago

Pin-Delay™

#18110 11 days ago

LOL, you guys are on point this morning.

#18111 11 days ago

Maybe they need to call on an optical engineer. I’m sure they could rig a house of mirrors to make that 1 pin they’ve built look like it’s actually 100.

#18112 11 days ago

And who knows maybe they have indeed built all 130 but there is an unanticipated worldwide shortage of pinballs to put in them so they can be shipped and played.

#18113 11 days ago

PinBailed

Coming soon from Deeproot?

#18114 11 days ago

Well, on the bright side, only making 130 of these clunky turds they won't be as affected by the worldwide parts shortages right?

#18115 11 days ago

There has been talk of the DR and Robert's business model was to create a bunch of IP and patents to sell before production and that is why they don't have a real plan to manufacture, they never planned too. If there is any truth to this it is dumbfoundedly stupid. All of the patent's with Pinbar, glass lift, pinpod, etc.. are worth zero to any of the other companies. If he thought Stern or JJP was going to pay a premium for any patents he is delusional. The market was saturated with Spooky, American, JJP, Stern and they are late to the game. As a investor I see a problematic product that has a very high risk, low success rate, ample competition, and potential future return is low. What other businesses has Robert been a part of?

#18116 11 days ago

God damn Ben Heck is pouring it on over here

#18117 11 days ago

Saying the pinball market is saturated while at the same time not a single manufacturer can poop out games or raise prices fast enough is kind of a weird take.

#18118 11 days ago

A Lawyer, an Idea Man and an Atomic Zombie walk into a PinBar...

stop me if you have heard this one, already.

Seriously, though. Maybe DR should look into starting a school for Pinball Design, Development and Manufacture?

They already have the cafeteria.

#18119 10 days ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

There has been talk of the DR and Robert's business model was to create a bunch of IP and patents to sell before production and that is why they don't have a real plan to manufacture, they never planned too. If there is any truth to this it is dumbfoundedly stupid. All of the patent's with Pinbar, glass lift, pinpod, etc.. are worth zero to any of the other companies.

In this line of thought I don't think their potential buyers were other pinball companies - but instead getting someone else to buy into pinball. His pitch was not just the traditional pinball market, but to expand where the game was, and it's formats. It was the kind of pitch used to get a much bigger name/company to buy into the space.

#18120 10 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Saying the pinball market is saturated while at the same time not a single manufacturer can poop out games or raise prices fast enough is kind of a weird take.

Well, that's the thing. We actually do have a LOT of pinball manufacturers right now. It's just that most of them are small guys that produce very few games. And the big guys are way behind, and are backordered to kingdom come.

#18121 10 days ago

To those that think the Mid-May update will announce the end, deeproot is posting more job listings (including more inventory people, the mechanical engineer Nordman needed, and even a Utah position).

So move your bets

I’m thinking it’s September before anything trickles out.

#18122 10 days ago

September of what year ?

#18123 10 days ago

What’s in Utah?

#18124 10 days ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

What’s in Utah?

Deeproot’s animation studio was in Utah but I thought that was no more.

#18125 10 days ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

What’s in Utah?

Mormons.

#18126 10 days ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

What’s in Utah?

Great Salt Lake

LTG : )

#18127 10 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wonder how that King of Diamonds remake would do today.

I'm curious too, since I know a guy with a perfect HUO example (with topper!) for sale. Strike while the iron is hot.

#18128 10 days ago

I'm just waiting for the day somebody snaps a picture of Robert's back at an arcade auction

#18129 10 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm just waiting for the day somebody snaps a picture of Robert's back at an arcade auction

HA! I see what you did there! Predator-HOY!

#18130 10 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

To those that think the Mid-May update will announce the end, deeproot is posting more job listings (including more inventory people, the mechanical engineer Nordman needed, and even a Utah position).
So move your bets
I’m thinking it’s September before anything trickles out.

Honestly that’s good news. Means that are willing (and have the resources) to throw more money at this to get the job done. Now the big question is do those new hires include someone competent at pin manufacturing. Because otherwise it’s throwing good money after bad.

#18131 10 days ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Honestly that’s good news. Means that are willing (and have the resources) to throw more money at this to get the job done. Now the big question is do those new hires include someone competent at pin manufacturing. Because otherwise it’s throwing good money after bad.

To be clear it will always be throwing good money after bad

But it’s Robert’s prerogative

#18132 10 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

To be clear it will always be throwing good money after bad
But it’s Robert’s prerogative

Eventually though enough good money after bad you hope would produce .. something... so-so? What the hell have they been doing over there since January, anyway?! You’d think they’d have Fire and Brimstone food truck all ready to go on the line by the time a RAZA is ready to ship .. maybe we’ll all be shocked in June. Not holding my breath, but who knows.

#18133 10 days ago

Top secret exclusive Deeproot leak!!!

PXL_20210504_052432803 (resized).jpg

#18134 10 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Top secret exclusive Deeproot leak!!!
[quoted image]

This product probably has more turn over then DR :/

#18135 10 days ago

That looks like a deathtarp. I want one.

...and yes...I said deathtarp.

#18136 10 days ago

As long as Deeproot is in communication with those that preordered RAZA I really don't have a huge issue with them staying quiet. There was way too much talk early, so unless they have games ready to ship there really isn't anything they could say that's going to sway opinions. It's time for them to back up their early talk with some actual production.

#18138 10 days ago

I've been out of the loop. How's RAZA? It was supposed to ship a few months ago, right? Are you guys enjoying it? Was it worth the wait?

#18139 10 days ago

This keeps circling back to that same "Tony Stark built one in a cave with scraps" meme and I can't help but think, if you count all the successes of building something in a "cave"- all the companies that have built and delivered more machines with less resources... would you not, if you were a pinball designer working with DR, get to a point that you either throw up your hands, throw in the towel, or simply throw down a design and say "We build this or I walk", because isn't that what designers really do? They put their blood and sweat into their baby and by hook or by crook they get someone to build it?

I got to think that I would just piece together something and force their hand at some point. So I am not sure what carrot or stick they are using to keep people in their seats and not bolt for the door.

#18140 10 days ago
Quoted from pookycade:

There’s a podcast I frequent called “How I Built This”. In their own words: The show features innovators, entrepreneurs, idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built.

I was on that podcast!

https://www.npr.org/player/embed/661049018/661122503

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#18141 9 days ago

Try as I may...I just can't see giving a shit anymore......

goggles cant see interest (resized).jpg
#18142 9 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Try as I may...I just can't see giving a shit anymore......
[quoted image]

You might try removing the Nazi eyeball torture device first... And just how long have you been unable to see Mt Givingashitz, Ted?

#18143 9 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

...if you were a pinball designer working with DR, get to a point that you either throw up your hands, throw in the towel, or simply throw down a design and say "We build this or I walk", because isn't that what designers really do? They put their blood and sweat into their baby and by hook or by crook they get someone to build it?.

Are the paychecks still coming in the mail?

#18144 9 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Are the paychecks still coming in the mail?

Exactly this. If I'm working for DR and still getting paid regularly -- who cares what management is doing or is not doing?

#18146 9 days ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

Exactly this. If I'm working for DR and still getting paid regularly -- who cares what management is doing or is not doing?

If your definition of job satisfaction is getting paid to sit on your thumbs, then Deep Root has a job opening for you... personally, I can take just so much of a job where I do nothing and get paid for it. Boredom is overrated and not for everyone. I think I would rather make an honest buck and get beat regularly like a good serf as opposed to help perpetuate this Ponzi scheme / confidence game.

#18147 9 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

personally, I can take just so much of a job where I do nothing and get paid for it. Boredom is overrated and not for everyone. I think I would rather make an honest buck and get beat regularly like a good serf as opposed to help perpetuate this Ponzi scheme / confidence game.

I'd suggest scrubbing this comment or at least not including something similar in your cover letter if decide to apply for any of these fantastic opportunities: https://deeproot.bamboohr.com/jobs/

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 10.11.47 AM (resized).png

#18148 9 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I'd suggest scrubbing this comment or at least not including something similar in your cover letter if decide to apply for any of these fantastic opportunities: https://deeproot.bamboohr.com/jobs/
[quoted image]

I stopped looking for a job in pinball when I landed a job as a programmer for a large national bank. I guess if DR really wanted to up their burn rate they could hire me, but that would be lunacy... there are so many more affordable programmers living in their parents basements right now who could do just as much thumb-sitting and twiddling at bargain rates, they could hire 4 of them and probably make out ok... thats a 4 to 1 savings on thumb sitting.

#18149 9 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I stopped looking for a job in pinball when I landed a job as a programmer for a large national bank. I guess if DR really wanted to up their burn rate they could hire me, but that would be lunacy... there are so many more affordable programmers living in their parents basements right now who could do just as much thumb-sitting and twiddling at bargain rates, they could hire 4 of them and probably make out ok... thats a 4 to 1 savings on thumb sitting.

I don't know anything about programming! I would be the perfect hire!

#18150 9 days ago

Darn it, time for another poll.

'Are you going to buy Food Truck or the Mandalorian?

There are 18345 posts in this topic. You are on page 363 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside