Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 672.
#17851 2 years ago

Google the movie Animal House and Bluto speech. Classic

#17852 2 years ago

Damn, third place is lame.

#17853 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
It's not over until RM stops threatening to sue people.

5 days of lawsuits!

#17854 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

5 days of lawsuits!

He could only wish we was so lucky to have Simpsons parody him like they did to Morrissey for suing everyone for saying things that were true.

#17855 2 years ago

H/t Kaneda FB
177941144_2823978554530830_3465343973402954892_n (resized).png177941144_2823978554530830_3465343973402954892_n (resized).png

#17856 2 years ago

Well let's hope we see something, sometime soon. This company has been taking a hammering in this thread.....mainly because it's fun busting their balls! But honestly, no one wants another failed pinball company.

So I'm rooting for Deeproot to pull this off....but I'm still gonna bust their balls!

#17857 2 years ago

Wait. Deeproot is also doing an Alien pin? How”s that gonna work with Pinball Brothers already (re)manufacturing the original Highway Alien. So David has now done audio for TWO Alien pins?

#17858 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Wait. Deeproot is also doing an Alien pin? How”s that gonna work with Pinball Brothers already (re)manufacturing the original Highway Alien. So David has now done audio for TWO Alien pins?

David predicts he will have worked on 4 different machines revealed this year... from many different manufacturers.

#17859 2 years ago

Looks like Thiel is more optimistic than Nordman. Hopefully it’s for good reason. But there’s no good reason to assume THAT.

#17860 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

DR’s failure just confounds me. How can AP design a machine from scratch in 4 months, and it takes DR 4 years ? What the heck were all these engineers doing during that time ? R+D takes time, but there really wasn’t a heck of a lot of R+D here. It is a pretty conventional pinball after all is said and done. Now if they perhaps had taken 4+ years and spent all this money to do something truly cool like add augmented reality to their tables then I would get it. As is, it’s a head scratcher. Most of their time spent at Starbucks instead perhaps ? Maybe they had grand plans for a chain of coffee pinball shops ?

One company ditched John, the other one worshipped him. As someone said earlier, John is the boulder and anyone who hires him is Sisyphus pushing it up the hill.

#17861 2 years ago

So what was the point of 2+ years of exclusivity?

#17862 2 years ago

Animal House would be a great pin. I can see the match screen now. Belushi downing whiskey, smashing a bottle, revealing a match number

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

B3D13E25-091D-4EC3-87C5-B2A67A3465FF.gifB3D13E25-091D-4EC3-87C5-B2A67A3465FF.gif

#17863 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Animal House would be a great pin. I can see the match screen now. Belushi downing whiskey, smashing a bottle, revealing a match number

[quoted image]

Tilt would be "double secret probation"

#17864 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

Or the "I'm a zit, get it?" bit and the mayo splooges onto the screen and drips into the match numbers.

Tilt could be "zero. point. zero." GPA scene.

zero.point.zero.gifzero.point.zero.gif
#17865 2 years ago

2 years of solid paychecks that made it worth saying “no” to other pin gigs. Clearly it wasn’t worth it for one reason or another & he bounced.

#17866 2 years ago

The Deeproot story may not be akin to the French Revolution.

But, with its history of competing threads, it certainly resembles A Tale of Two Cities, especially in its epoch of belief on the one hand and its epoch of incredulity on the other.

Screenshot_20210425-152017_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210425-152017_Chrome (resized).jpg
#17867 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

2 years of solid paychecks that made it worth saying “no” to other pin gigs. Clearly it wasn’t worth it for one reason or another & he bounced.

Team page in need of at least a few key updates https://deeproottech.com/

#17868 2 years ago

Team page in need of at least a few key updates https://deeproottech.com/

In theory they still plan on making product created by those people....so, it’s technically not wrong. But yeah, some of them are gone.

#17869 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In theory they still plan on making product created by those people....so, it’s technically not wrong. But yeah, some of them are gone.

Nordman and Thiel listed as exclusive

#17870 2 years ago

Well that’s wrong lol

#17871 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well that’s wrong lol

So I've heard! I wonder if RM is aware of their statuses. One assumes he's fast track a web update if so. Wouldn't want to present customers with inaccurate information.*

*Speculation. I am not a lawyer

#17872 2 years ago

That's 2 out of 5 of the game/sound staff. 40% Maybe it won't make any if difference if RAZA is actually done with PF and sound tho.

#17873 2 years ago

None of any of it matters. None of it ever did. None of it ever will.

#17874 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
It's not over until RM stops threatening to sue people.

Technically the Germans did bomb Pearl Harbour. They were the Axis powers at that point so in essence the Germans did bomb PH! Get a life and realize that the game is going to get made and you can all SUCK it afterwards!!!

#17875 2 years ago

I asked my girlfriend if she wanted to play Pearl Harbor in bed. She didn't understand so I told her to dive down and blow the hell out of me.

#17876 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I asked my girlfriend is she wanted to play Pearl Harbor in bed. She didn't understand so I told her to dive down and blow the hell out of me.

Reminds me of the Bin Laden song from PopStar.

#17877 2 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Technically the Germans did bomb Pearl Harbour. They were the Axis powers at that point so in essence the Germans did bomb PH! Get a life and realize that the game is going to get made and you can all SUCK it afterwards!!!

Wait? There’s a British navel base called Pearl Harbour that was bombed by the Germans? Was it a Ye olde base?

#17878 2 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

No they didn’t lol. Their ally did. That’s the whole joke. Japan didn’t even tell Germany (or anyone else) what they were going to do. Read a book or something. You have plenty of time to kill waiting for RAZA

#17879 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I asked my girlfriend is she wanted to play Pearl Harbor in bed. She didn't understand so I told her to dive down and blow the hell out of me.

Should've asked her if she'd ever tried duck sausage.

#17880 2 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Should've asked her if she'd ever tried duck sausage.

From a Dutch oven?

#17881 2 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

And Poland dropped the atom bomb on Hiroshoma, because they were allies of the US.

I really hope that Derproot makes all the games that they took money for, and many, many more.
I hope I end up owning multiple awesome Deeproot games.
Any dumb jokes I crack about that are unlikely to affect.that one way or the other.

#17882 2 years ago

Wow, someone needs to watch Animal House... Movie quotes, I know, can be confusing IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE DAMN MOVIE. This Bluto history lesson was brought to you by our shitty edumacation system. You may now return to your hum drum mediocre lives.

#17883 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Wow, someone needs to watch Animal House... Movie quotes, I know, can be confusing IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE DAMN MOVIE. This Bluto history lesson was brought to you by our shitty edumacation system. You may now return to your hum drum mediocre lives.

"Seven years of college down the drain!"

#17884 2 years ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

"Seven years of college down the drain!"

Might as well join the F***ing Peace Corp.

LTG : )

#17885 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

One company ditched John

AP games lack spirit charme intrigue mystery that JPop is known for. Soulless games. The exact opposite of what JPop brings to the table. Houdini has a bit of Jpops spirit bc AP couldn’t kill all of it.

AP hired John bc they knew they were masively lacking. Factorywise AP is absolutely brilliant (deeproot so is not) but despite high built quality AP games don’t sell bc they lack soul. Firing JPop was no win for AP it was a failure. Since then AP is a headless chicken.

RM sticked with JP regardless of all the turbulence he brings in. RM can identify with JPops madness. He loves marketing JPop design as his own to wear his feathers (RAZA nebula version designer Mueller fire and brimstone until 2021 designer Mueller)

So far deeproot had/burned enough money to finance JPop extravaganza. RM still believes in JPop his fire and brimstone might be game 3. Keep going!

#17886 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

AP games lack spirit charme intrigue mystery that JPop is known for. Soulless games. The exact opposite of what JPop brings to the table. Houdini has a bit of Jpops spirit bc AP couldn’t kill all of it.
AP hired John bc they knew they were masively lacking. Factorywise AP is absolutely brilliant (deeproot so is not) but despite high built quality AP games don’t sell bc they lack soul. Firing JPop was no win for AP it was a failure. Since then AP is a headless chicken.
RM sticked with JP regardless of all the turbulence he brings in. RM can identify with JPops madness. He loves marketing JPop design as his own to wear his feathers (RAZA nebula version designer Mueller fire and brimstone until 2021 designer Mueller)
So far deeproot had/burned enough money to finance JPop extravaganza. RM still believes in JPop his fire and brimstone might be game 3. Keep going!

I mostly agree with you. But fundamentally pinball is a manufacturing business over a design business

I don’t like that though.

The world needs more Python Anghelos than bean counters. Yet what good is a great game if it can’t be built to be enjoyed by the masses.

I think manufacturing is significantly harder than designing. So I have a lot more faith in AP making great games than deeproot.

It is what it is. If deeproot is fine losing money to make art, then I respect them. Is Robert Mueller that sort of capitalist? I sorta doubt it because it seems like he made his fortune as a finance guy dealing in life insurance policies. It does not seem like a person who puts art above the bottom line considering how he makes his money.

He has enough respect to put millions on the line though.

I don’t want deeproot to fail, but it’s hard to see them pulling out of the nose dive.

That’s the most frustrating part of it all. There is someone willing to invest, but not in people who can deliver art for the masses to enjoy.

#17887 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

AP games lack spirit charme intrigue mystery that JPop is known for. Soulless games. The exact opposite of what JPop brings to the table.

I owned 4 of his 5 WMS games. They were all reasonably fun, but there's no intrigue, charm or mystery.

Best parts of CV are the art, music and rules, none of which John had much to do with. The playfield is clunky and needed numerous kits to fix ball hangups and other issues. TOTAN and TOM are ok players.. what exactly is so intriguing about them? Modes, 3ball multiball, quick MB, just like all the other 90s WMS titles. If 'intriguing' is having a female voice constantly gushing over how great the player is, count me out.

I enjoyed WCS94 the longest; had it for over 10 years. It was a solid player and just a fun game. It was also his first one. All downhill from there... Ep1 is just a trainwreck.

I'm pretty curious how RAZA will be simply considering it's been 22 years since his last game.

#17888 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

The Deeproot story may not be akin to the French Revolution.
But, with its history of competing threads, it certainly resembles A Tale of Two Cities, especially in its epoch of belief on the one hand and its epoch of incredulity on the other.
[quoted image]

#17889 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is Robert Mueller that sort of capitalist? I sorta doubt it because it seems like he made his fortune as a finance guy dealing in life insurance policies. It does not seem like a person who puts art above the bottom line considering how he makes his money.

All he cares about is art. It's why he hired and indulged Jpoop.

It's also why he hired a bunch of ex Disney Infinity staff so his LCD could have "Disney Quality Animations"

Art > everything else.

#17890 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

All he cares about is art. It's why he hired and indulged Jpoop.
It's also why he hired a bunch of ex Disney Infinity staff so his LCD could have "Disney Quality Animations"
Art > everything else.

I am sure having Haggis score a win with Fathom 2.0 (they will surely sell all their Mermaid editions super fast) should be another wakeup call for the DR crew. Maybe we are doing something wrong?

#17891 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A true fan of Disney art would never use the word “animations”.

#17892 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

A true fan of Disney art would never use the word “animations”.

You Hollywood people. lol

#17893 2 years ago

So... Haggis got their first round of games out and is on game 2. Pinball Brothers is delivering on Alien games in the USA now... Spooky is almost done with all their Rick and Mortys, and Dutch Pinball is making people whole on TBL...

#17894 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am sure having Haggis score a win with Fathom 2.0 (they will surely sell all their Mermaid editions super fast) should be another wakeup call for the DR crew. Maybe we are doing something wrong?

In case you haven't read; https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/haggis-pinball-announces-fathom-revisted-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-editions-features-rules-plus-an-interview-with-haggis-pinball/

Such a stark contrast in approach between Haggis and DR.

#17895 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So... Haggis got their first round of games out and is on game 2. Pinball Brothers is delivering on Alien games in the USA now... Spooky is almost done with all their Rick and Mortys, and Dutch Pinball is making people whole on TBL...

Those companies all have something in common... NO JOHN!

#17896 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Those companies all have something in common... NO JOHN!

Where do they go to bathroom?

#17897 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Well see, they've revolutionized that too....

#17898 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You can't flush your company down the toilet without a John!

#17899 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Starbucks of course!

#17900 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

They were all reasonably fun, but there's no intrigue, charm or mystery.
Best parts of CV are the art, music and rules, none of which John had much to do with. The playfield is clunky and needed numerous kits to fix ball hangups and other issues. TOTAN and TOM are ok players.. what exactly is so intriguing about them? Modes, 3ball multiball, quick MB, just like all the other 90s WMS titles. If 'intriguing' is having a female voice constantly gushing over how great the player is, count me out.
I enjoyed WCS94 the longest; had it for over 10 years. It was a solid player and just a fun game. It was also his first one. All downhill from there... Ep1 is just a trainwreck.
I'm pretty curious how RAZA will be simply considering it's been 22 years since his last game.

I agree that John is a terrible businessman, but TOTAN's ramp is nothing short of amazing. The lamp is a great toy. There overall experience is mesmerizing.

If the game is set up extra hard and the rules are jacked up to maximin difficulty, the game is a long term/forever keeper. It's his best pin hands down.

TOM has lots of cool innovation as well, but too easy regardless of setup. For games built specifically for location, they are crazy good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/358 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.