Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 357 of 672.
#17801 3 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I appreciate the attention to detail in moving the street address.
Thanks.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Stay out this Aaron! I consider you to be giving Photoshop advice without an Adobe license!

#17802 3 years ago

Remember when FunWithBonus.com revamped to focus on Deeproot news and content?

#17803 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Buy the place next door and call it "DLC"

The Harley Davidson dealership is across the street, so that's kind of covered.

#17804 3 years ago

Game #1 finally enroute from Haggis. And note the most prominent statement in the video “Let me just sum it all up, making pinball is HARD”

Maybe DR just needs to go thru a 12 step pinball program like here: https://www.verywellmind.com/the-twelve-steps-63284

Note Step 1: Honesty. I think I would include in that “pinball is hard not easy”. Yeah start there and see where it gets you.

#17805 3 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I appreciate the attention to detail in moving the street address.
Thanks.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Heh. I had to stop myself from OCD-ing out and perspective correcting the R better and the address, too so they looked like they were actually on the building better. I started to, then had to talk myself down, reminding myself this was a throwaway gag.

#17807 3 years ago

By now, finally, most everyone realizes this might be the most investor elaborate pinball Ponzi scheme ever created. It now appears DR has never had any REAL intention of manufacturing very difficult to make, pinball machines. This is Zidware 2.0 and always has been. Nearly 18K posts about vaporware.

#17808 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:By now, finally, most everyone realizes this might be the most investor elaborate pinball Ponzi scheme ever created. It now appears DR has never had any REAL intention of manufacturing very difficult to make, pinball machines. This is Zidware 2.0 and always has been. Nearly 18K posts about vaporware.

#17809 3 years ago

Jpop and DeepRoot are like a huge fart let loose in the pinball hobby. Like a crop duster at the York show. No one saw it coming. We choked on it for far too long. The stink still lingers...but it will evaporate soon, and nothing will be left in its wake. Except fart jokes.

#17810 3 years ago

I wonder if he'll be on again late this year to explain what went wrong this time and talk about victorious and failed moments. I listened to that podcast back in 2015.. hard to listen to honestly, John just rambling and some of the shit he said. Be interesting to hear it again, but I don't think I can handle it.

#17811 3 years ago

good lord, can't believe that interview is 6 years old now. This is like a modern Sisyphus story. RAZA is jpop pushing a rock up a mountain for eternity.

#17812 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

good lord, can't believe that interview is 6 years old now. This is like a modern Sisyphus story. RAZA is jpop pushing a rock up a mountain for eternity.

Nice, but I think Jpop IS the rock.
With everyone else pushing.

#17813 3 years ago

Donny Osmand and his brothers were wrong. One bad apple CAN ruin the whole bunch, girl. Or at least Jpop is the common denominator in amongst all this failure to launch.

#17814 3 years ago

I appreciate Ben's observation of jpop's ability to "fail up". I wonder where he'll land next?

#17815 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I appreciate Ben's observation of jpop's ability to "fail up". I wonder where he'll land next?

When your down this far, the only direction left to go is up... anyone know any more blow hards with fistfuls of cash willing to listen to the divine (broken) winds of pinball wisdom fall from the mouth of our pinball savior? At least JPop kinda looks like our savior, from that painting by Raphael...

#17816 3 years ago

for anyone keeping track, Haggis sent out game #1, and PB posted Alien games on the line.

That just leaves DR to at least show something right?

#17817 3 years ago

We've all been Muelladiuked!!!

#17818 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That just leaves DR to at least show something right?

Oh. They are showing us something...

#17819 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Congress announces the P.U.R.P.L.E Act - Public Underwriting of RAZA Phenomenal Limited Edition

#17820 3 years ago

That deeproot letter really took the wind out of this thread's sails. People still in for a pin are depressed and everyone else is like, "nah, too pathetic, it's all been said" to keep the thread lively.

#17821 3 years ago

Pathetic is a good one word description of it all.

#17822 3 years ago
55A9782B-4F20-49ED-ADBD-FE020A065A9E (resized).jpeg55A9782B-4F20-49ED-ADBD-FE020A065A9E (resized).jpeg
#17823 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That deeproot letter really took the wind out of this thread's sails. People still in for a pin are depressed and everyone else is like, "nah, too pathetic, it's all been said" to keep the thread lively.

Hey it was not from my lack of trying to keep things lively... the engagement of anything DR had been keeping this thread at least humorous but now that sad reality has sunk in, the party seems over, and the guests have all gone home.

#17824 3 years ago

From the first post in this thread, 3 1/2 years ago:

"deeproot Pinball has been quietly making progress on their path and plan to become a major pinball manufacturing company. They have been in licensing talks for several major pinball titles. They are currently looking to hire a Pinball Game Designer and a Game Writer (click here for the openings and descriptions including salary). They are hoping to have their manufacturing facility finalized in the next 2-3 weeks."

#17825 3 years ago

1600 posts later ... still the most volatile negative threads ever
Carry on ....

#17826 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Were just between rounds taking a breather waiting for Deeproot's mid May promise.

""Our goal is to update in mid May and at that time (if games are not imminently ready to start shipping) to offer some financial relief for the delays in the form of a return of store credit, discount of the RAZA purchase, or allow customers to rescind RAZA purchases for a refund with nominal interest""

I've marked May 15th on the calendar and whatever happens it's gonna be interesting.

zzzzgettyimages-78714507-612x612 (resized).jpgzzzzgettyimages-78714507-612x612 (resized).jpg

#17827 3 years ago

Wrap it up and write it off. I feel bad for all involved including Robert. The sooner everyone can move on, the better.

Gratefully, I assume DR will be better positioned to issue refunds and "make everyone whole" (vendors, contractors, employees, included) than others in similar situations have been over the past few years. I sincerely hope that they do.

#17828 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

An If Robert hadn't run his mouth for the past few years, I'm guessing it would be easier to source these parts. It's a small industry.

This song was written for RM , couldn't be worded more perfectly

#17829 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Carry on ....

You were 16,000 short

#17830 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Wrap it up and write it off. I feel bad for all involved including Robert.

End of the day Robert was just the latest mark for serial con man Jpop.

He was warned but didn't listen.

#17831 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

End of the day Robert was just the latest mark for serial con man Jpop.
He was warned but didn't listen.

Maybe he is in on it?

#17832 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This song was written for RM , couldn't be worded more perfectly

I think the Sid Vicious version is more appropriate.

#17833 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Carry on ....

Threads like this are important. There have been too many charlatans and grifters passing through this hobby.

If your product can't make it past the gauntlet of a few loudmouths on Pinside there's no way you've got what it takes to survive, let alone thrive, as a business. If a game is actually released (and is good!) the scrutiny here has no power and they'll make millions.

#17834 3 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

If your product can't make it past the gauntlet of a few loudmouths on Pinside there's no way you've got what it takes to survive, let alone thrive, as a business. If a game is actually released (and is good!) the scrutiny here has no power and they'll make millions.

Look at American Pinball; plenty of people (including me) talked shit about their clumsy opening moves, so what did they do? Berate us all for practicing law without a license and make veiled legal threats? Launch a "charm offensive" of endless and obnoxious, antagonistic interviews? Make promise after promise that they knew they'd never be able to keep?

Naw...they just kept their fuckin' mouths shut, kept their focus, and produced THREE viable commercial/home pinball machines without stealing anybody's money in a surprisingly timely manner. Novel concept, ain't it?

#17835 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Naw...they just kept their fuckin' mouths shut, kept their focus, and produced THREE viable commercial/home pinball machines without stealing anybody's money in a surprisingly timely manner. Novel concept, ain't it?

All this and excellent manufacturing quality with zero (I think?) playfield issues.

#17836 3 years ago

American Pinball, to their great credit, also recognised what a confused, dead end Jpop was and sent him packing.

zzzzz123zzUntitled (resized).pngzzzzz123zzUntitled (resized).png
#17837 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

American Pinball, to their great credit, also recognised what a confused, dead end Jpop was and sent him packing.
[quoted image]

It's almost comical what a fast U-turn that was. Too bad they went down that road in the first place.

#17838 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look at American Pinball; plenty of people (including me) talked shit about their clumsy opening moves, so what did they do? Berate us all for practicing law without a license and make veiled legal threats? Launch a "charm offensive" of endless and obnoxious, antagonistic interviews? Make promise after promise that they knew they'd never be able to keep?

I really hope their next game is a huge success.

#17839 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I really hope their next game is a huge success.

I hope there next game is like Oktoberfest... except just NOT be Oktoberfest... I think Hot Wheels would have been a better use of the Oktoberfest table design... Or just about any other theme would have been a better use of it. When they finally get a design and a theme that actually integrate well, it's easy to see me buying an AP machine.

#17840 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's almost comical what a fast U-turn that was. Too bad they went down that road in the first place.

I always got the impression it was just a contract for resources gig - never an API project, simply contracting their facility/resources as a manufacturer. Which quickly turned into 'keep that crap in that boxed in area and isolated from everything else'.

#17841 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I hope there next game is like Oktoberfest... except just NOT be Oktoberfest... I think Hot Wheels would have been a better use of the Oktoberfest table design... Or just about any other theme would have been a better use of it. When they finally get a design and a theme that actually integrate well, it's easy to see me buying an AP machine.

I almost picked up this machine. The art killed it. It could have pulled off the trashing carnival theme but so many deal breakers. The fonts are awful everywhere. i saw one screen with 3 different fonts on it. Good lord. Also the mix of photorealistic/photographed art with all the cartoony stuff is terribad. I just think if they had picked a lane, literally like Hot Wheels then it could have been super sick.

Looking forward to #4 AP!!!

#17842 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I always got the impression it was just a contract for resources gig - never an API project, simply contracting their facility/resources as a manufacturer. Which quickly turned into 'keep that crap in that boxed in area and isolated from everything else'.

John gave AP his Houdini design in exchange for them building 25 Magic Girls. AP hires Joe Balcer who tells them [Houdini] is a fake diorama of a game and will need major reworking. Joe fires John and they redo Houdini from scratch in like 4 months in time for TPF 2017.

That's the known facts, beyond that I think John was very much involved with causing AP to happen in the first place (look at the name and logo) because yet again he'd found a starry eyed guy with a rich uncle.

#17843 3 years ago

So JPops skills are art director, suckering people into starting pinball companies, and having the Starbucks menu memorized

He should update his resume with that instead of the word salad that is his LinkedIn.

#17844 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

John gave AP his Houdini design in exchange for them building 25 Magic Girls. AP hires Joe Balcer who tells them [Houdini] is a fake diorama of a game and will need major reworking. Joe fires John and they redo Houdini from scratch in like 4 months in time for TPF 2017.
That's the known facts, beyond that I think John was very much involved with causing AP to happen in the first place (look at the name and logo) because yet again he'd found a starry eyed guy with a rich uncle.

It was all for the best. JPop's art for the original Houdini backglass looked like he'd made the prequel to Genesis.

#17845 3 years ago

Is, this the end, is dr unofficially over? In with a bang, out without so much as a whimper?

What a saga..

#17846 3 years ago

DR’s failure just confounds me. How can AP design a machine from scratch in 4 months, and it takes DR 4 years ? What the heck were all these engineers doing during that time ? R+D takes time, but there really wasn’t a heck of a lot of R+D here. It is a pretty conventional pinball after all is said and done. Now if they perhaps had taken 4+ years and spent all this money to do something truly cool like add augmented reality to their tables then I would get it. As is, it’s a head scratcher. Most of their time spent at Starbucks instead perhaps ? Maybe they had grand plans for a chain of coffee pinball shops ?

#17847 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Is, this the end, is dr unofficially over? In with a bang, out without so much as a whimper?
What a saga..

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
It's not over until RM stops threatening to sue people.

#17848 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
It's not over until RM stops threatening to sue people.

Germans?

#17850 3 years ago

Bluto in the movie Animal house.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 357 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/357?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.