Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 672.
#1651 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’d like a John Carpenter hits pinball machine.

So you'd like a Halloween pinball?

OH SNAP!

#1652 5 years ago

What's a Deeproot and how does it pertain to Pinball?
Patiently waiting for a reveal of AIW!

#1653 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

because when I see 30 new posts in a thread about deeproot... I expect to see some news relative to the topic. If you just want a jib-jab 'I'm bored' thread - go start one of those and post till your fingers are numb. And people who want a thread about that.. can do so. Instead, for nearly a week now, every new post on this thread has been BS.
Get off my lawn!

Man you are the reason why pinside sucks sometimes... just relax it's just pinball. They are trying to guess the 80s movie that deeproot is making. How is that different than the color dmd guess threads?

#1654 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Man you are the reason why pinside sucks sometimes... just relax it's just pinball. They are trying to guess the 80s movie that deeproot is making. How is that different than the color dmd guess threads?

I kinda think Captain-Flint is the reason pinside sucks sometimes.. or maybe it’s new people who act like they aren’t... or people that go off topic for 50 pages of irrelevant nonsense.. it’s been so long since I’ve seen a relevant post in here I forget!

#1655 5 years ago

It's funny seeing all of these old 80's titles brought forth. Doubt most of these obscure movies, that I enjoyed growing up would connect with people today. However, I'll play the game. If I could choose one cult classic 80's film pin to be made it would be:

MV5BMWY3ODZlOGMtNzJmOS00ZTNjLWI3ZWEtZTJhZTk5NDZjYWRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,645,1000_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BMWY3ODZlOGMtNzJmOS00ZTNjLWI3ZWEtZTJhZTk5NDZjYWRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,645,1000_AL_ (resized).jpg

#1656 5 years ago

That could have been a Heighway title... they seem to have more adult themes. But yes, Evil Dead 2 would be great.

#1657 5 years ago

Quoted from Goonie:Well, to get this thread back on target...what would Ted be drinking in that picture...as he thinks about Deeproot?

Something strong enough to kill that bacteria from those raw oysters I’m thinking.

#1658 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

They are trying to guess the 80s movie that deeproot is making. How is that different than the color dmd guess threads?

No they aren't... it's just become a game/meme of throwing out random 'what if' of 80s movies as a game upon itself.... with absolutely nothing tying them to pinball or deeproot.

It's a bad meme that people just won't let go.

#1659 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No they aren't... it's just become a game/meme of throwing out random 'what if' of 80s movies as a game upon itself.... with absolutely nothing tying them to pinball or deeproot.

WHAT IF... lol

killer-tomatoes (resized).jpgkiller-tomatoes (resized).jpg
#1660 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Normal life cycle of every thread. Thread information dies down and people go off topic for a day or two. Or throw out the wishful thinking. New real info pops up and thread gets back on track.

#1661 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

some type of Margarita ted?

Yes! (Deeproot)....a Margarita make with Don Julio 1942 tequila. (Deeproot) ....just to keep "On topic"

#1662 5 years ago

Alright, like the old saying goes, if ya can't beat them, join them... so, here's my suggestion for the first DeepRoot music-themed machine based on the movie from 1982:

PinkFloyd, The Wall (1982) (resized).JPGPinkFloyd, The Wall (1982) (resized).JPG
#1663 5 years ago

It's just people having fun and lightening the mood. Not everything has to be super serious for the entire time, just my 2 cents.

I'm as skeptical of deeproot as anyone, but I'm willing to watch the thing play out.

#1664 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Chalk it up to human nature then

#1665 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

OH SNAP!

No Halloween.

Stick to The Thing, The Fog, Madness, Prince of Darkness, Christine

that will do it.

#1666 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

OH SNAP!

Yes. Yes I do. Throw in some Christmas too.

#1667 5 years ago

If people are looking for relevant updates, shouldn't everyone be banned from posting, unless you work for deeproot?

#1668 5 years ago

Will Deeproot be doing a Back to the Future with the original voices? Or will they be voice actors?

#1669 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Will Deeproot be doing a Back to the Future with the original voices? Or will they be voice actors?

Definatly one of this.

#1670 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm as skeptical of deeproot as anyone, but I'm willing to watch the thing play out.

Skeptical also - watching, but not real closely.

You know how the saying goes : If it sounds too good to be true...

#1671 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I heard they hired Michael J. Fox to do the artwork but he will not do any voice call outs.

#1672 5 years ago

Bttf the Telltale Game has a real great sound alike

Quoted from vicjw66:

I heard they hired Michael J. Fox to do the artwork but he will not do any voice call outs.

#1673 5 years ago

BttF is the clear winner by a landslide
Hope DR got it and gonna make some serious waves.
Perhaps the most kickass pinball launch in history ?

I am so hanging out for a cool Space theme !
Not Star Wars

Wishing I was at Expo

perhaps this 80's gem, lol

#1674 5 years ago

Hmmm, unlicensed space invasion?

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#1675 5 years ago

Ok,... 4 left.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Hmmm, unlicensed space invasion? [quoted image]

#1676 5 years ago

The main guy there reminds me a lot of Green Goblin in his armor.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1677 5 years ago

Update from Chicago Pinball Expo 2018.

deep_expo.jpgdeep_expo.jpg
#1678 5 years ago

Awesome stuff deeproot! Once again you have stepped up for the pinball community and you have yet to produce or unveil a single pinball machine. And what I can’t comprehend is that your company continues to get and receive so much hate and it’s simply not warranted. Best of luck and I’m really looking forward to Texas!

#1679 5 years ago

It has been interesting since the first mention of Deeproot. Now it has gone from interesting to exciting. Unliscensed, good looking games designed by the top names in pinball with Dave Thiel in charge of the noise. Good God I hope they pull it off.

#1680 5 years ago

Yeah we really need a good Pin company as I’m just seeing the others cut corners. Hopefully J-Pop gets back to his 90’s glory and pops out some good machines

#1681 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Hopefully J-Pop gets back to his 90’s glory and pops out some good machines

Does anyone really think that's likely? Putting all the Zidware stuff, then his version of Houdini together, there was barely a single redeeming feature aside from a few elements of graphic design (which in some cases he initially tried to pass off as his own).

It was all total crap.

Not mad genius. Just mad.

If there are good or even playable 'JPop' designs, others will have done ALL the hard work.

#1682 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

And what I can’t comprehend is that your company continues to get and receive so much hate and it’s simply not warranted.

Nobody hates the company! Just Poppadouchebag!!

#1683 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Does anyone really think that's likely? Putting all the Zidware stuff, then his version of Houdini together, there was barely a single redeeming feature aside from a few elements of graphic design (which in some cases he initially tried to pass off as his own).
It was all total crap.
If there are good or even playable 'JPop' designs, others will have done ALL the hard work.

I'm actually more excited about Nordman.

#1684 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Nobody hates the company! Just Poppadouchebag!!

I understand J-Pop can be hated for what he did to his Zidware trusting customers, but I don't think anyone can deny his skills in game design and that's why I'm excited to see what deeproot comes in with their army of killers.

#1685 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I understand J-Pop can be hated for what he did to his Zidware trusting customers, but I don't think anyone can deny his skills in game design and that's why I'm excited to see what deeproot comes in with their army of killers.

I deny his skills in game design.

#1686 5 years ago

Deeproot won’t have a game to show, so the seminar will be about Deeproot and their processes. It may prove interesting, but is nothing to get excited about. Their seminar at TPF in March will be the one to watch. That’s where they bring finished games

#1687 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Deeproot won’t have a game to show

Ah.... don't be so sure of that.

#1688 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It was all total crap.

Fact is J-Pop is the designer of several top 20 machines of all time and you’re not. Haters gonna Hate

#1689 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Hmmm, unlicensed space invasion? [quoted image]

Anyone recognize the artist? I like the look.

#1690 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Deeproot won’t have a game to show, so the seminar will be about Deeproot and their processes. It may prove interesting, but is nothing to get excited about. Their seminar at TPF in March will be the one to watch. That’s where they bring finished games

And the stream/video from it will be picked apart like the Zapruder film.

#1691 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Fact is J-Pop is the designer of several top 20 machines of all time and you’re not. Haters gonna Hate

Correction, he played a marginal role on the design team on several top 20 machines and took credit for all the work most of which wasn't even his!

#1692 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Correction, he played a marginal role on the design team on several top 20 machines and took credit for all the work most of which wasn't even his!

Hard to know what the truth is but judging by his actions on Magic Girl and RAZA, I believe the above.

#1693 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Quoted from Jvspin:

Hard to know what the truth is but judging by his actions on Magic Girl and RAZA, I believe the above.

I'm one of the many that got burned directly by jpop in the Zidware fiasco, so trust me when I say I'm not looking to give him ANY undue credit. However, if he supposedly played such a minute role at Williams, then why do all his games have the same feel and all have identifiable jpop characteristics? I have no doubt that there was serious heavy lifting required by others on the Williams team to keep him reigned in, on task, and to tweak his designs to make them playable (see the pathetic geometry and failed magnet tricks on Magic Girl). We also discovered first hand during Zidware that he tries to take way more credit for the final product than he deserves. That said, to suggest he wasn't the major contributor and influence to the design of some incredibly unique games is revisionist history.

There, I'm done. Please don't make me argue this point...it hurts my soul to take jpop's side in any discussion.

#1694 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Please don't make me argue this point...it hurts my soul to take jpop's side in any discussion.

LOL
I feel your pain. Sorry for making you go there.

#1695 5 years ago

Will you do a livestream of your seminar?

#1696 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2845

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3824

That’s strange Homebrood, IPDB seems to think different. No mention of “marginal” nor shared design credits.

Meanwhile your name shows up on zero pinball games as designer.

Maybe you should also let them know Sasquatch is real and designed Whitewater. After all, he’s right in the game hanging on a log, kinda like you hanging on to J-Pops N-U-T-Z’s.

#1697 5 years ago

Expo deeproot.

IMG_20181019_172750.jpgIMG_20181019_172750.jpg
#1698 5 years ago

thanks for the updates, looking forward to hearing what happens.

#1699 5 years ago

with all of the $$$ he took, at least look professional.

#1700 5 years ago

Everyone but jpop got applause after they introduced themselves and shared their story.. that’s gotta hurt..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/34?hl=wolfemaaan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.