• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 669.
#17251 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Its after business hours in Texas on the final day of March and the pre-order thread is dead. I suspect they have already gotten their update, Deeproot organized a locked down and they have closed ranks.
If true, I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Great example of the transparency that wrb1977 must have been talking about.

#17252 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

suspect they have already gotten their update, Deeproot organized a locked down and they have closed ranks.

Nope, not true.

#17253 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

What I find absolutely fascinating is that you guys care more about an update from deeproot than I do and I have skin in the game! That is not an attack on you guys, just an observation.

It's what happens after a year plus of no pinball shows. Boredom.

#17254 2 years ago

It's like a trainwreck. You shouldn't look, but it's hard to turn away.

#17255 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Do you *really* believe that what you are getting from Deeproot is transparency??

Transparency in the truest sense of the word...no.

#17256 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Its after business hours in Texas on the final day of March and the pre-order thread is dead. I suspect they have already gotten their update, Deeproot organized a locked down and they have closed ranks.

No update from deeproot Kim.

#17257 2 years ago

Here's the options:

1) build RAZA super slow with a few guys (like AMH). Spin up a line a year from now when they have something that will sell. (NOT AN UN-LICENSED THEME)

2) spin up a line and build RAZA as quickly as possible. Won't be that fast though since they're just getting started, but can probably do all games by end of year. Have A LICENSED THEME ready when RAZA is finished. Food Truck won't sell shit. Memes != Money, just ask the makers of Snakes on a Plane.

3) do (2) but without something ready. When RAZA is done you'll have the line but lose the workers, this will require you to waste time re-hiring and re-training when next game is ready (this happened to JJP)

4) throw in the towel

#17258 2 years ago

Deeproot should box up their prototype and ship it to themselves so they can finally say they shipped a game.

#17259 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Here's the options:
1) build RAZA super slow with a few guys (like AMH). Spin up a line a year from now when they have something that will sell. (NOT AN UN-LICENSED THEME)
2) spin up a line and build RAZA as quickly as possible. Won't be that fast though since they're just getting started, but can probably do all games by end of year. Have A LICENSED THEME ready when RAZA is finished. Food Truck won't sell shit. Memes != Money, just ask the makers of Snakes on a Plane.
3) do (2) but without something ready. When RAZA is done you'll have the line but lose the workers, this will require you to waste time re-hiring and re-training when next game is ready (this happened to JJP)
4) throw in the towel

5) You worry less about deeproot and more about your own game. For someone that has only made one mediocre pin back in 2014 (7 years ago), you sure do talk a lot. How is the masterpiece “Heckendorn #2” coming along??? I hope with #2 you don’t steal/recycle existing mechs (AFM, BK2K, etc) like you did on AMH and are constantly accusing JPop of doing. Remember...every time you point your finger at someone there are three fingers pointing back at yourself.

#17260 2 years ago

5) You worry less about deeproot and more about your own game. For someone that has only made one pin back in 2014 (7 years ago), you sure do talk a lot. How is the masterpiece “Heckendorn #2” coming along??? I hope with #2 you don’t steal/recycle existing mechs (AFM, BK2K, etc) like you are constantly accusing JPop of doing. Remember...every time you point your finger at someone there are three fingers pointing back at yourself.

When is your game coming out?

See how pointless that was?

#17261 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

When is your game coming out?
See how pointless that was?

I don’t talk like Heck does and never claimed to have a game coming out. I am not capable nor do I have the desire to do so. I also don’t criticize ad nauseam those that are trying to do so.

#17262 2 years ago

It would be nice if the pinball community, that claims to love this hobby, would be supportive of anyone having the balls to try to build a new game for “us” and not be so damn critical and holier than thou.

#17263 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

It would be nice if the pinball community, that claims to love this hobby, would be supportive of anyone having the balls to try to build a new game for “us” and not be so damn critical and holier than thou.

Is this a vague allusion that it’s somehow this threads fault (and not Robert’s) if deeproot fails?

#17264 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is this a vague allusion that it’s somehow this threads fault (and not Robert’s) if deeproot fails?

Not at all.

#17265 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'm not really sure I've seen anyone looking for sympathy.

Pre-order people will be. Im not talking about the goodwill buyers.

#17266 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Nope...I fully knew what I was rolling the dice on and am at peace with my decision regardless of the outcome.

#17267 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Let me put this a different way you will appreciate. In tribute to my all time favorite band and your avatar, this is how I feel regarding my deposit on RAZA...

“F*ck it all and f*cking no regrets!”
-Metallica

#17268 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

5) You worry less about deeproot and more about your own game. For someone that has only made one mediocre pin back in 2014 (7 years ago), you sure do talk a lot. How is the masterpiece “Heckendorn #2” coming along??? I hope with #2 you don’t steal/recycle existing mechs (AFM, BK2K, etc) like you did on AMH and are constantly accusing JPop of doing. Remember...every time you point your finger at someone there are three fingers pointing back at yourself.

You really think he's done no pinball work inbetween AMH and CGC?

#17269 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Neither am I. It's not a bunch of babies who didn't know the risks involved.

#17270 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

You see it all the time - for the people that are honest and can handle feedback.

But those that try to blow smoke, deceive, deflect, and attack others for their own moves... well those get called out and usually end up stomping away.

Which do you think Deeproot is?

#17271 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Let me put this a different way you will appreciate. In tribute to my all time favorite band and your avatar, this is how I feel regarding my deposit on RAZA...
“F*ck it all and f*cking no regrets!”
-Metallica

St Anger is a shit album
-Everyone

#17272 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

The people who love this hobby don't like to be ripped off, see their friends ripped off, or blustery big talkers with no proof they can start/run a manufacturing company. Jpop's been screwing this community since he started taking money for Magic Girl. Why would anyone be supportive of him and his balls? Robert has done nothing but swagger, talk, and waste money...why should anyone support that? A hobby that's been through the deception and loss of money due to Jpop, Skit-B, Heighway, and Dutch doesn't owe these people anything. They deserve all the critique they get. Respect must be earned. If they can prove that they're capable of manufacturing, shipping, and supporting games - then they will earn support. Until then, the repeated history of pinball startups tells us what we need to know about this company, and the onus of tearing down the obvious red flags is on them. We don't need them. They need us.

#17273 2 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

St Anger is a shit album
-Everyone

Disagree...but I was actually referencing the first time James sings that line on the song “Damage, Inc.” from MoP.

#17274 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

It would be nice if obnoxious rich newbies didn't announce themselves by throwing a bunch of money around while talking shit about EVERYBODY in the industry and hobby for years, for reasons that I don't think anybody yet understands. If that's "balls" I think I'll just go with ovaries on this one.

#17275 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Lemme know when I've stolen a million bucks from the community.

My "mediocre" game (granted, it ain't the best) launched Spooky who now employ 30 people and make 1K games per year.

I rip on JPOP (the fraud hack) because I've accomplished what he was too busy slurpling Starbucks to do - roll up my sleeves and get a game DONE.

#17276 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The people who love this hobby don't like to be ripped off, see their friends ripped off, or blustery big talkers with no proof they can start/run a manufacturing company. Jpop's been screwing this community since he started taking money for Magic Girl. Why would anyone be supportive of him and his balls? Robert has done nothing but swagger, talk, and waste money...why should anyone support that? A hobby that's been through the deception and loss of money due to Jpop, Skit-B, Heighway, and Dutch doesn't owe these people anything. They deserve all the critique they get. Respect must be earned. If they can prove that they're capable of manufacturing, shipping, and supporting games - then they will earn support. Until then, the repeated history of pinball startups tells us what we need to know about this company, and the onus of tearing down the obvious red flags is on them. We don't need them. They need us.

Agreed.
And taking money for preorder smells bad. You already know that financial health of the company is doubtful and/or coming in production and production will be a long way to go, too long without any money coming.

#17277 2 years ago

It’s funny, regardless of update or no update the thread catches fire once again.

#17278 2 years ago
7C964673-6282-4AB3-8B84-3215D4C3186D.gif7C964673-6282-4AB3-8B84-3215D4C3186D.gif
#17279 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You really think he's done no pinball work inbetween AMH and CGC?

I stand by my statement...1 game 7 years ago does not warrant his constant “know it all” attitude and criticism of JPop and deeproot. The recycled and regurgitated one-liners “purple vomit”, Python Anghelo Cyclone remake, old mechs, Starbucks addict, RAZA indecipherable storyline (wrong!), no zombies (wrong again!), etc etc etc, blah blah blah, is tiresome. Heck needs some new material.

#17280 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You see it all the time - for the people that are honest and can handle feedback.
But those that try to blow smoke, deceive, deflect, and attack others for their own moves... well those get called out and usually end up stomping away.
Which do you think Deeproot is?

Time will tell.

#17281 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

All fine and understandable up until the point the preorder window closed to try to sway people and influence them. Even then it’s still my money and I can do what I want with it, but if you felt it was your duty to protect the pinball community from what you viewed as a mistake...cool I guess? It’s like you are still on your noble quest to “save” people from making what you viewed as a mistake. Guess what? That ship sailed. Those of us in on RAZA already paid the deposit so you can stop with your holy crusade as I can flush my money down a toilet if I want. Maybe that’s what I did with RAZA and I’m cool with it! Got it???

#17282 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It would be nice if obnoxious rich newbies didn't announce themselves by throwing a bunch of money around while talking shit about EVERYBODY in the industry and hobby for years, for reasons that I don't think anybody yet understands. If that's "balls" I think I'll just go with ovaries on this one.

Agreed.

#17283 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Lemme know when I've stolen a million bucks from the community.
My "mediocre" game (granted, it ain't the best) launched Spooky who now employ 30 people and make 1K games per year.
I rip on JPOP (the fraud hack) because I've accomplished what he was too busy slurpling Starbucks to do - roll up my sleeves and get a game DONE.

ONCE upon a time you did roll up your sleeves and get a game done.

#17284 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck: Just scan Pinside people will tell you what they want. Grab Big Trouble in Little China ,
Except Stern of course who clearly IS paying attention.

Gomez said they passed on big trouble in little China . I find it weird , as it is one of the most requested themes . I think he said it just to piss off Kaneda .

#17285 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

ONCE upon a time you did roll up your sleeves and get a game done.

He’s still a lot more knowledgeable about the entire process than you. (To say nothing of his contributions to other games Spooky has made. There’s a lot more to pinball than designing a layout). Like it or not, Ben knows a good deal about what he’s talking about.

You say you’re fine and knew the risk going in. You’re clearly not fine though lol. If you are fine, why does any of this bother you? Is it just the reality sinking in that you’re still likely months away from getting anything at all? You even made a safe space to avoid this sort of chatter

Again, this thread has zero bearing on deeproots ability to build a game.

Who cares if Ben and some others can be pessimistic? They’re generally right about most of it!

#17286 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Gomez said they passed on big trouble in little China . I find it weird , as it is one of the most requested themes . I think he said it just to piss off Kaneda .

Most requested? Not even close.

Anyone else starting to think that maybe, just maybe, they’ll roll up their sleeves and start posting in the “pre-order thread”?

#17287 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

1 game 7 years ago

Which is 1 more game than most all the rest of us on here, so he kinda has some credibility beyond the naysayers, hacks, and designer wannabes...

#17288 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For those keeping score...that’s 17 upvotes on this post.

#17289 2 years ago

April Fool's day would be the perfect day for an update.

#17290 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

1 game 7 years ago

RAZA was supposed to have been finished back then too.

Wouldn't this seem to prove that if Ben was given real resources when he was working with JPop, he could have helped get RAZA done too?

#17291 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Most requested? Not even close.

From what I have seen , big trouble in little China is in the top 10 of themes , that haven't been done yet .
I don't have official stats , just going off gut feeling .
And please go back to your Jessica Simpson Avatar

#17292 2 years ago

At stern, you need more than just a bunch of people raving about a theme. Gomez also turned down beetlejuice because he said his designers were not passionate about it.

#17293 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Time will tell.

How much time?

#17294 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I know you are gonna hate me for this, however I am starting to respect Barry and what he is doing at Dutch. Was he overly cocky at the beginning....sure however he has buckled down and created a real production line (be it a small one) and is pumping out games now with even support from rensh for repairs and parts as well as hired back to get code up to speed. Anyway the point is, of anyone on your list I have to give him some credit now for buckling down on his own and keeping the line going while getting back to the early achievers what they put their hard earned money up for. This is to your point.....earning my respect!

#17295 2 years ago

I've changed my mind guys! I think JPOP is the best designer ever! So what if he hasn't shipped a real game since the Clinton administration. Have you seen these games? They're SO BEAUTIFUL!

Is deeproot hiring? I'd love to help get this game across the finish line. I'll take any job, perhaps as one of the 5 interns tasked with Starbucks runs for The Great One?

I'd like to ask the community to forgive me for all the negative things I've said about JPOP over the years. It turns out he was right, and I was wrong.

Have a great day and God bless!

#17296 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I've changed my mind guys! I think JPOP is the best designer ever! So what if he hasn't shipped a real game since the Clinton administration. Have you seen these games? They're SO BEAUTIFUL!
Is deeproot hiring? I'd love to help get this game across the finish line. I'll take any job, perhaps as one of the 5 interns tasked with Starbucks runs for The Great One?
I'd like to ask the community to forgive me for all the negative things I've said about JPOP over the years. It turns out he was right, and I was wrong.

#17297 2 years ago

Hey wrb1977 I'm pretty sure you're looking for the owners thread. This is the thread where we talk about reality.

#17298 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I know you are gonna hate me for this, however I am starting to respect Barry and what he is doing at Dutch. Was he overly cocky at the beginning....sure however he has buckled down and created a real production line (be it a small one) and is pumping out games now with even support from rensh for repairs and parts as well as hired back to get code up to speed. Anyway the point is, of anyone on your list I have to give him some credit now for buckling down on his own and keeping the line going while getting back to the early achievers what they put their hard earned money up for. This is to your point.....earning my respect!

I think they're still in the process of earning respect. I don't respect him for selling games to new buyers while 100's of people who paid 5 or 6 years ago still have nothing and probably won't for years. In any case - my point was about the red flags of the past. Newb companies talking big & blowing it at the real challenge of making pinball: Manufacturing.

#17299 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I stand by my statement...1 game 7 years ago does not warrant his constant “know it all” attitude and criticism of JPop and deeproot. The recycled and regurgitated one-liners “purple vomit”, Python Anghelo Cyclone remake, old mechs, Starbucks addict, RAZA indecipherable storyline (wrong!), no zombies (wrong again!), etc etc etc, blah blah blah, is tiresome. Heck needs some new material.

Ben does in fact know it all when it comes to Jpop & how the pinball/manufacturing biz works. He has every right to critique...as he was sucked into the scam vortex, but was smart enough to escape it quickly.

Keep telling the truth peppered with humor, Ben!

Quoted from wrb1977:

Those of us in on RAZA already paid the deposit so you can stop with your holy crusade as I can flush my money down a toilet if I want. Maybe that’s what I did with RAZA and I’m cool with it! Got it???

This isn't just about you. This is about every person that Jpop and his Ponzi pinball scam has hurt. Just because you're OK with losing money and ignoring years of facts & red flags doesn't mean a pinball hobby message board owes you or DR silence. They will be held accountable & talked about...I mean...that's what Pinside is for...talking...about pinball...right? So, until this story concludes...discussing it will continue!

#17300 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

i mean its about time you came around. dare i say JPOP is the greatest human being in history, at least today he is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/346?hl=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.