View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 672.
#17151 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Leaked Future Deeproot Themes??
Titanic
The Money Pit
The Neverending Story
The Emperor's New Clothes (Mueller design)
Space Shuttle Challenger
Theranos

Dazed and Confused
Better off Dead
Return of the Living Dead
The Big Short
Re-Animator
Endgame

#17152 3 years ago

wait a minute, ENHANCE!

suez1 (resized).jpgsuez1 (resized).jpgsuez2 (resized).jpgsuez2 (resized).jpg
#17153 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Dazed and Confused
Better off Dead
Return of the Living Dead
The Big Short
Re-Animator
Endgame

The Big Sleep
Same Time Next Year
Poiseidon Adventure
Towering Inferno
The Legend of the Fall
Into the Abyss

#17154 3 years ago

The real reason for the delay....

suez edit (resized).jpgsuez edit (resized).jpg
#17155 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Leaked Future Deeproot Themes??
Titanic
The Money Pit
The Neverending Story
The Emperor's New Clothes (Mueller design)
Space Shuttle Challenger
Theranos

Remake of “The Black Hole” or
Less than Zero

Quoted from Bublehead:

The Big Sleep
Same Time Next Year
Poiseidon Adventure
Towering Inferno
The Legend of the Fall
Into the Abyss

#17156 3 years ago

Meanwhile, over at Deep Root...

Deep Root Boat (resized).jpgDeep Root Boat (resized).jpg

#17157 3 years ago

You all on a roll today, thank you! Good stuff!

#17158 3 years ago

The diss'in on Deeproot
Ain't gonna' change shit for Jpop
Raza gonna' rock your world

#17159 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

The diss'in on Deeproot
Ain't gonna' change shit for Jpop
Raza gonna' rock your world

I love your enthusiasm. Fact is John is not a great designer. All of his games needed help to get them correct

TOM needed help and is likely his best game. That was over 25 years ago.

Recent games from SWE1 have been horrible. I do think RAZA will be okay as it is Cyclone redone and much cooler. However, I must be unbiased on his design ability and call it very cool visually with severe design flaws that others fixed.

#17160 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I love your enthusiasm.

You are mistaken my friend.... I was just making a perfect Haiku. Seems to be the 'thing' now.

My enthusiasm is pretty minimal these days. My enthusiasm and money was gone about 7 years ago when John dropped off the face of the earth.

He had been a thorn in my side ever since, so I decided a while ago to just go with whatever the fuck happens now.

If I get a pin from Deeproot it's gonna' be glorious. If I don't, well nothing much has really changed has it.

There ya go.

John played out his hand.
Deeproot has all the cards now.
Success would be golden.

#17161 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

You are mistaken my friend.... I was just making a perfect Haiku. Seems to be the 'thing' now.
My enthusiasm is pretty minimal these days. My enthusiasm and money was gone about 7 years ago when John dropped off the face of the earth.
He had been a thorn in my side ever since, so I decided a while ago to just go with whatever the fuck happens now.
If I get a pin from Deeproot it's gonna' be glorious. If I don't, well nothing much has really changed has it.
There ya go.
Success would be golden.

Nice. I’m liking it. I do hope you get your game. I lost with him as well. The phone conversations alone let me know he didn’t know what he was doing, yet I kept confident he could get it done.

This is a power of the masses thing as most of us knew, we were just in denial.

#17162 3 years ago

The game will have better art than Thunderbirds. More stuff on it than Mafia. Look more professional than Predator.

That’s a very low bar.

#17163 3 years ago

I hope to hear an update from deeproot this week. They don't owe me one as a non-customer, but I'm still very interested in hearing how things are going as a pinball enthusiast (and maybe a Food Truck owner in the future). I don't want them to fail and hope they've listened to some of the more constructive feedback. They'd gin up a lot of enthusiasm with just a couple pictures of boxes filled with parts like lockdown bars and Ned sculpts.

If you're a pre-order customer and get an update, I ask you to share. I think it's best for the hobby that everyone knows how deeproot handles customer service and expectations. It's also a good chance for deeproot to occasionally clear up some miss-understandings.

#17164 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They don't owe me one as a non-customer, but I'm still very interested in hearing how things are going as a pinball enthusiast (and maybe a Food Truck owner in the future).

Well, that's the thing. They spent years blowing umpteen thousands of dollars sponsoring shows when they had no product to sell. Now that they're open for business and the rubber has met the road, they have nothing to say. That's not how to create new customers.

#17165 3 years ago

Really there's nothing they should say. Actions speak louder than words, their goal should be getting the games made.

And yes we joke about thr Suez canal but truth is manufacturing is rough right now. Can't blame that one on Jpop.

#17166 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

This is why Fulltilt is the man in both of the Deeproot threads. Well played my Honey Badger friend.

#17167 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Really there's nothing they should say. Actions speak louder than words, their goal should be getting the games made.
And yes we joke about thr Suez canal but truth is manufacturing is rough right now. Can't blame that one on Jpop.

It's cool they freed the ship!

#17168 3 years ago

Sweet! Prices of everything should drop 25% by tomorrow right? right? RIGHT???

#17169 3 years ago

Every time I hear the words "Deep Root", my sphincter puckers a little, because it sounds like what they want to do to either my wallet, or my anus, and I am not to sure if they care about which or in what order. Don't know too many people who want a "deep root" of their wallet or their anus, unless of course thats the way you roll. This pandemic has given me way to much time to ponder the more unsophisticated aspects of life.

#17170 3 years ago

Games are coming along, they're making the Zidware(tm) slingshot assemblies now....

https://imgur.com/gallery/Bj59FRC

#17171 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sweet! Prices of everything should drop 25% by tomorrow right? right? RIGHT???

I was hoarding toilet paper again...

#17172 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Games are coming along, they're making the Zidware(tm) slingshot assemblies now....
https://imgur.com/gallery/Bj59FRC

Nah, missing the iconic ‘z’ logo

#17173 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

There ya go.
Success would be golden.

I respect the positivity- just 1 comment...
The perfect haiku is broken into lines of 5,7,5 syllables

#17174 3 years ago

""We plan to update customers again by the end of March. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] or by visiting the website.
Best! -Robert J. Mueller""

#17175 3 years ago

Let's see how close I get:

"The COVID-19 pandemic has been a challenging time for all of us. This is especially true in the world of manufacturing which had been experiencing massive delays thanks to a one-two punch of demand and backlog.

We're not immune to this either, and it's even harder as a new manufacturer without mature pipelines in place. We're still finalizing some sourcing for RAZA, but in the meantime we've been spooling up our Quad Manufacturing line. Once all parts are in house we expect to complete all RAZA orders within 17 minutes.

HEY YOU GUYS! "

-Robert Mueller

#17176 3 years ago

What are the odds Stern swipes the Goonies license because it will take deeproot forever to get to it? They could at least strong arm them and drive up the license cost as a return for all the shit talking and publicly calling out their employees in advertising material.

#17177 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What are the odds Stern swipes the Goonies license because it will take deeproot forever to get to it? They could at least strong arm them and drive up the license cost as a return for all the shit talking and publicly calling out their employees in advertising material.

If Stern wanted the Goonies license they'd have it.

I don't understand why anybody thinks Deep Root actually has this license, or for that matter, The Who. There's zero evidence they actually do.

People don't seem to realize it's not easy nor cheap to get licenses. That's why Stern is the best at it - they've been doing it for 30 years, they have people working for them who have relationships and experience and are good at this. They have the resources to lock down the licenses people actually want, over and over and over.

You don't just wave your wand and "get" a license. And once you manage to secure one you don't just sit on it for 10 years or however long it takes you to actually make a game. These things have a shelf life.

#17178 3 years ago

I don't see what would be so difficult about getting the license if you have a blank check and hire a licensing consultant. They may be in over their heads negotiating it and have unrealistic internal projects relative to when the license expires, but deeproot seems to be able to afford it. Robert is a lawyer, so it seems to be in his wheelhouse (compared to starting a manufacturing company)

Sure Stern is great at licensing. I don't dispute that.

And just to say, I was questioning whether or not they actually had the licenses months ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/311#post-6076569

#17179 3 years ago

Forth place in the Twipy voting made me giggle a little. Keep in mind this was for the year 2020.

ztwipy (resized).pngztwipy (resized).png
#17180 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't see what would be so difficult about getting the license if you have a blank check and hire a licensing consultant. They may be in over their heads negotiating it and have unrealistic internal projects relative to when the license expires, but deeproot seems to be able to afford it. Robert is a lawyer, so it seems to be in his wheelhouse (compared to starting a manufacturing company)
Sure Stern is great at licensing. I don't dispute that.
And just to say, I was questioning whether or not they actually had the licenses months ago
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/311#post-6076569

They should just hire Roger Sharpe. He gets it done.

#17181 3 years ago

I still don’t get why Goonies is a license you’d want . Zero interest

#17182 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't see what would be so difficult about getting the license if you have a blank check and hire a licensing consultant. They may be in over their heads negotiating it and have unrealistic internal projects relative to when the license expires, but deeproot seems to be able to afford it.

It's not just money. You have to prove manufacturing ability and capacity to meet sales goals. Dutch Pinball could win the lottery and afford the rights to Harry Potter but WB isn't going to grant to license to a garage team building a game a week.

#17183 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Let's see how close I get:
"The COVID-19 pandemic has been a challenging time for all of us. This is especially true in the world of manufacturing which had been experiencing massive delays thanks to a one-two punch of demand and backlog.
We're not immune to this either, and it's even harder as a new manufacturer without mature pipelines in place. We're still finalizing some sourcing for RAZA, but in the meantime we've been spooling up our Quad Manufacturing line. Once all parts are in house we expect to complete all RAZA orders within 17 minutes.
HEY YOU GUYS! "
-Robert Mueller

It would be hilarious if they copied/pasted that as the email.

#17184 3 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

That's just how it goes. Every game there is going to be someone who has zero interest, regardless of gameplay.

#17185 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's not just money. You have to prove manufacturing ability and capacity to meet sales goals. Dutch Pinball could win the lottery and afford the rights to Harry Potter but WB isn't going to grant to license to a garage team building a game a week.

They got The Big Lebowski which I would consider to be on the same tier as The Goonies. (Also lots of licensed music and some other various things)

I know DP was playing it fast and loose with their TBL license and went through a few licensing consultants to button it all up. But they got it done.

I think they're all Universal properties.

#17186 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They got The Big Lebowski which I would consider to be on the same tier as The Goonies. (Also lots of licensed music and some other various things)
I know DP was playing it fast and loose with their TBL license and went through a few licensing consultants to button it all up. But they got it done.
I think they're all Universal properties.

good point - Universal is pretty liberal about granting licenses, unlike WB and Disney, who have extremely strict guidelines. And Harry Potter also is directly controlled by the author lady, and so far up the chain only the biggest things or companies with previous relationships get approved.

#17187 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It would be hilarious if they copied/pasted that as the email.

I would consider that to be literary plagiarism without a license!

#17188 3 years ago

Anticipation!

#17189 3 years ago

Whaaaa? How dare you sir!

#17190 3 years ago

80's Nostalgia sells pins. Look at GB. I guess you didn't grow up with the movie? Most people in their late 30's-mid40's love it. It's iconic, funny, has great characters and great music. Would sell great to the pinball demo & do well on location if locations ever come back.

Do I think DR will ever actually make it? No.

#17192 3 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

I respect the positivity- just 1 comment...
The perfect haiku is broken into lines of 5,7,5 syllables

Maybe it's my NC pronunciation, but Diss'in and gonna' are 1 syllable each.
And Deeproot is 2.

#17193 3 years ago

I would be all over a Goonies Pin!! Family Fun ultimate adventure! Samwise as a kid!! He wasn’t dropping no eaves in the Goonies either!!

#17194 3 years ago

I saw the movie recently.

Fun nostalgic trip down memory lane but it wasn’t exactly as thrilling as a 46-year old as it was for an 11-year old seeing it with friends in the theater. Pretty sure I’ll go at least another 35 years before I see it again.

If this is the “mega 80s movie license hint hint back to the future” that they promised I’m not too impressed. I don’t think this one would be much of a needle-mover.

#17195 3 years ago

I always thought a Pink Floyd pin would be a "needle mover" back in the 90's but not that much anymore. It might hit a nerve initially, but it's not going to move more machines than any other rock band pin IMHO. Thought the same about a Who pin with a retro throw-back to the Wizard machine, with new layout, rules, might again bump the needle, but send it into the stratosphere? Probably not. Now do a Pixar Incredibles machine and give it the full on Avengers treatment or a Toy Story, skipping the woefully horrible 4th installment... that might work... how about Olaf's Frozen Pinball Adventure? Where the damn thing belts out a verse of "Let it Go" every 10 minutes in attract mode? What father of a young female child could resist that request from the Christmas wish list? God, grant me the calmness to find my revolver so I can silence the things I can, shoot the things I can't, and the wisdom to know that unplugging the damn thing might have been a better option.

#17196 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I always thought a Pink Floyd pin would be a "needle mover" back in the 90's but not that much anymore. It might hit a nerve initially, but it's not going to move more machines than any other rock band pin IMHO. Thought the same about a Who pin with a retro throw-back to the Wizard machine, with new layout, rules, might again bump the needle, but send it into the stratosphere? Probably not. Now do a Pixar Incredibles machine and give it the full on Avengers treatment or a Toy Story, skipping the woefully horrible 4th installment... that might work... how about Olaf's Frozen Pinball Adventure? Were the damn thing belts out a verse of "Let it Go" every 10 minutes in attract mode? What father of a young female child could resist that request from the Christmas wish list? God, grant me the calmness to find my revolver so I can silence the things I can, shoot the things I can't, and the wisdom to know that unplugging the damn thing might have been a better option.

Bubble we gonna have to disagree on this. Note I stopped reading after you were done talking about Pink Floyd.

Pink Floyd is probably the biggest rock band of all time; that goes without saying. The sheer massive, consistent volume of albums they moved - and CONTINUE to move; one after the other. The entire 1970s into 1980. And their music is legendary, and even deep cuts are sick slabs of classic rock. David Gilmour is the greatest rock guitarist of all time. His licks, his phrasing, his tone and FX simply define classic rock and always will. Nobody ever changes the station when a Floyd song - ANY Floyd song - is playing.

Floyd would be a PERFECT license for an upstart "boutique" company that will be selling top tier price games to fewer people. THis is the JJP model taken to the extreme, and the polar opposite of Stern. Floyd would be a monster hit for any company, but surely it would bring the most increased degree of attention to an upstart.

It would be like COMET LEDs somehow scoring a Super Bowl commercial.

We all know if games actually start coming off the line, it'll be slow as molasses. Like Spooky making "Haunted" speed. So they better be able to have a huge preorder list and just churn an expensive title out for years. Food Truck ain't gonna do that, beyond the morbid curiousity seekers. Floyd would be like Alien, a license that was simply irresistible to the hardcores and makes plenty of people abandon caution and throw money into the void.

Into the Floyd Void.

Look I'll be brutally honest and bold here, and without reservation or clause state:

If an upstart company - say, Deeproot - were to score the FLoyd license;

and I mean actually get it, and prove they have it, they don't even need to make a game;

I would have to shut the fuck up forever and I would most certainly have to take a seat when it comes to any and all matters Deep Root.

#17197 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bubble we gonna have to disagree on this. Note I stopped reading after you were done talking about Pink Floyd.
Pink Floyd is probably the biggest rock band of all time; that goes without saying. The sheer massive, consistent volume of albums they moved - and CONTINUE to move; one after the other. The entire 1970s into 1980. And their music is legendary, and even deep cuts are sick slabs of classic rock. David Gilmour is the greatest rock guitarist of all time. His licks, his phrasing, his tone and FX simply define classic rock and always will. Nobody ever changes the station when a Floyd song - ANY Floyd song - is playing.
Floyd would be a PERFECT license for an upstart "boutique" company that will be selling top tier price games to fewer people. THis is the JJP model taken to the extreme, and the polar opposite of Stern. Floyd would be a monster hit for any company, but surely it would bring the most increased degree of attention to an upstart.
It would be like COMET LEDs somehow scoring a Super Bowl commercial.
We all know if games actually start coming off the line, it'll be slow as molasses. Like Spooky making "Haunted" speed. So they better be able to have a huge preorder list and just churn an expensive title out for years. Food Truck ain't gonna do that, beyond the morbid curiousity seekers. Floyd would be like Alien, a license that was simply irresistible to the hardcores and makes plenty of people abandon caution and throw money into the void.
Into the Floyd Void.
Look I'll be brutally honest and bold here, and without reservation or clause state:
If an upstart company - say, Deeproot - were to score the FLoyd license;
and I mean actually get it, and prove they have it, they don't even need to make a game;
I would have to shut the fuck up forever and I would most certainly have to take a seat when it comes to any and all matters Deep Root.

Oh Crazy, I love ya, and I'm right there with you on Pink Floyd the band, one of my favorites as well, I've seen them 4 times in concert, I have the gold CD versions of Darkside and WYWH... the whole box set, etc... etc..., I even have a reject letter from their management (somewhere) when I tried to submit a t-shirt graphic for use during the Momentary Lapse tour. Love the band, but like you, I would be in line for one if they make one. I just don't think there is much hope of getting the license, or how well it will sell against the saturated rock band pin market... you may be right to quote Billy Joel, or you may be Crazy... Levi your post made me lol by the way....

#17198 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Oh Crazy, I love ya, and I'm right there with you on Pink Floyd the band, one of my favorites as well, I've seen them 4 times in concert, I have the gold CD versions of Darkside and WYWH... the whole box set, etc... etc..., I even have a reject letter from their management (somewhere) when I tried to submit a t-shirt graphic for use during the Momentary Lapse tour. Love the band, but like you, I would be in line for one if they make one. I just don't think there is much hope of getting the license, or how well it will sell against the saturated rock band pin market... you may be right to quote Billy Joel, or you may be Crazy... Levi your post made me lol by the way....

Do you think it pisses Billy Joel off that Elton has a pinball machine and he doesn't?

I mean, it's fun to think so, but Billy's fat ass strikes me as one that hasn't given a shit about anything since probably the Carter Administration.

#17199 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you think it pisses Billy Joel off that Elton has a pinball machine and he doesn't?
I mean, it's fun to think so, but Billy's fat ass strikes me as one that hasn't given a shit about anything since probably the Carter Administration.

I watched a documentary called Hired Guns (decent doc - go check it out) and it had a segment about Billy's drummer and what he (Joel) did to the rest of his band. Lets just say Billy Joel comes off as one egotistical son of a bitch, and thats being kind. I like his music, but I separated the art from the artist a long time ago with Billy, not a great human being according to that documentary. And boy are we WAY the phuck off topic now...

#17200 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

And boy are we WAY the phuck off topic now.

Nah, we’ll connect it back full circle. Billy J’s main music genres are described as Rock and pop, like in the name John popadiuk. Billy is a top selling music artist whereas John is a top selling pinball artist. .. no wait that’s not right. They apparently do both have huge egos though. Like the head of Deeproot. Speaking of deeproot, I guess the update is tmrw.. being the final day of March. Very dramatic to wait until the last day, creates maximum buzz and all lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/344?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.